Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Post Your Favorite RPG Moments (Spoilers Most Likely)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

ReeseLOL

ReeseLOL
  • Members
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, movie making, graphics and game design
I'll probably have to go with Nanaki finding out more about his past at Cosmo Canyon in Final Fantasy VII, the whole scene with Seto was amazing.

Other than that there's just too much to name really, pretty much every note-worthy FF scene belongs in this thread.
Athene, Best Paladin in the World:
http://athene.movielol.org

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Holy fuck Ive been on these forums for a long time. They pretty much raised me tbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Undisclosed
  • Wii:Don't want.
  • Gamer Army ID:4225
  • Company:Alpha
Pretty much every scene is FFX.. But I think the best was probably during the second time I ran through the game, the opening scene when they are all around the campfire.. I think its the second time through, because I knew what they had gone through up until that point, and what lay ahead for them.. It was pretty epic.

\

The scene before you even start playing, and To Zanarkand is playing icon_razz.gif

79577008.png

HeroinBob

HeroinBob
  • GA Private
  • 22 posts
  • xfire:engelj07
  • Xbox / GFWL:BlackL4bel
  • Wii:HeroinBob
  • Gamer Army ID:1997
*Spoiler*

My favorite moment would be when you convince Zaalbar to kill Mission towards the end of Knights of the Old Republic. That was a barrel of laughs.
"Don't worry...I sent reinforcements!"

Amethyst

Amethyst
  • GA Sergeant
  • 736 posts
  • Steam ID:PPGA_Amethyst
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lady Goggles
  • PSN:EmmaEmmerich
  • Gamer Army ID:1557
  • Company:Kilo
Like most others, one of my most memorable moments was finding out that your PC is Darth Revan in KOTOR. I sat slack-jawed in front of my tv for a few moments when I found out.

Also, I really enjoyed the entirety of the .hack series. Repetitive gameplay aside, the storyline and characters really drew me into the universe, and it's probably one of my favorites out there. Hell, I have the novels and manga, too. pp_smiley12.gif

Funny: Getting the octopus in Dragon Warrior 4, as well as meeting the faux pas Blues Brothers band in Earthbound (Can't remember what they were called, for the life of me).

amethystsig2ex3.jpg

Shyheim

Shyheim
  • Members
  • 37 posts
Yeah, finding out about your PC and Darth Revan was awesome! Great twist!

All the scenes in the FF series also worked wonders for the game play!

nuked_you

nuked_you
  • GA Private
  • 471 posts
  • xfire:tehownerer94
  • Interests:Pwnin n00bs doin the same old thing you kno?
  • Gamer Army ID:3499
When I beat chrono cross for the 5th time.

Patchy

Patchy
  • Members
  • 551 posts
  • Steam ID:Kilo November
QUOTE (nuked_you @ Jan 30 2008, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I beat chrono cross for the 5th time.

This.

And also when you leave Robo to plant Fiona's forest in CT, hope back in the epoch, and emerge four hundred years in the future to a fully grown forest - and discovering Robo a complete mess. His line about it being 'a mere hop through time for you, but a long and hard 400 years for me' really put the power of time travel into perspective for me.

I'm right behind you, Mr. Denton.

saminator

saminator
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • xfire:sammuel93
My fave moment was probs when I first started playing morrowind (gold edition) and I was in frostmorn (the bloodmoon island) and went to sleep for the night in the forest and then after waking up seeing the sun rising through the trees, reflecting off the buildings rocks etc in the mining camp. Also killing the general store owner in balmora and selling his stuff to the arms dealer across the road icon_smile.gif

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2994
I've been playing through Lost Odyssey and it's having some pretty great moments so far. One that stood out for me was...

When you follow Mack and Cooke home to discover that their dying mother was your daughter was pretty crazy and I really didn't expect it and it is pretty sad when she dies.

Hopin to finish it soon.

cmdr_deldrak

cmdr_deldrak
  • GA Private
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Bass Guitar<br />Photography<br />Camping<br />Travel (globally)<br />Gaming (CS:S, WoW, GTA, Lego Star Wars, RPG's)<br />Paintball
  • Xbox / GFWL:deldrak
  • Gamer Army ID:3521
My moment is in the Star Wars pen and paper rpg.

We did a mico jump with inbetween two star destroyers. I took my A-Wing squad (Cath Squad) in and assualted a super star destroyer. We ionized it and our commandos entered it. all in all, score a super star destroyer for the alliance.
Cmdr. Deldrak

Masuko

Masuko
  • Members
  • 25 posts
I don't play many RPGs, and the ones I do have, I have not even completed

*** SPOILERS ***

However as for my favorite RPG moment, i'de say it was getting killed by your master in Jade Empire after killing the jade emperor, I was like "What the f***" for quite a while afterwards
"Standing near ze point does nothing! GET ON ZE POINT DUMKOFFS!
Medic - In battle

"Mmrrphh mrph mrphh mrrphmrph"
Pyro - On the Team fortress war

Bofonic

Bofonic
  • Members
  • 41 posts
The Opera House Scene in FFVI

The "Good" ending on FF X-2

The Fight Against Kefka on FFVI (The Final Battle...Dancing Mad just lends itself so well to the battle)

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Holy fuck Ive been on these forums for a long time. They pretty much raised me tbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Undisclosed
  • Wii:Don't want.
  • Gamer Army ID:4225
  • Company:Alpha
Killing Juihani and Jolee and regaining my title as Darth Revan in KotOR.. Also, getting Zalabaar to kill Mission icon_biggrin.gif

It just felt so nice to join Bastila for some reason lolz

79577008.png

Twizzler Mark 4

Twizzler Mark 4
  • Members
  • 3,583 posts
  • xfire:twizzlermark4
End of FF 6.
Ever wonder why you click something?Is it because your curious or bored.

^everyone dose this...........I just wanna be loved
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zapster

Zapster
  • GA Private
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Bagpipes<br />Ducttape<br />Freedom<br />Friends<br />Music<br />Parkour<br />Pirates<br />Roleplay<br /><br />More might come, but that's all for now :P
  • Gamer Army ID:4072
  • Company:Eta
If joining a guild counts too, Then it would be joining 'WitB' in guildwars icon_razz.gif

otherwise i guess it would be somewhere in the game 'Arcanum'
Like where you meed arronax icon_biggrin.gif

WaCk

WaCk
  • GA Private
  • 12 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3909
Hard to pick specified moments but:

The Elder Scolls 4 : Oblivion , The Dark Brotherhood and The Arena guild quest lines were awesome =)

Baldur's gate 2 : i really cant remember the specifics about it but there was an awesome quest line where you got to kill a boss vampire woman at the end of it and had to kill all kind of other vampires and stuff though the entire quest line, been a long time since i played the game =(

crashMMVII

crashMMVII
  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • xfire:crashmmvii
  • Xbox / GFWL:x Crash INC
Definitely the Gray Fox stuff in Oblivion.

QUOTE (Jayl3w @ Nov 13 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Smell that guys? It smells like douche.
Someone bought my cologne! :D

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (WaCk @ Oct 3 2008, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Baldur's gate 2 : i really cant remember the specifics about it but there was an awesome quest line where you got to kill a boss vampire woman at the end of it and had to kill all kind of other vampires and stuff though the entire quest line, been a long time since i played the game =(

That'll be after you come out of the Underdark; you have to kill Bodhi and her Guild - that quest was awesome because you could enlist the help of Drizzt Do'Urden and his friends.

I've already posted in this thread, and mentioned what I'm about to in another, but the scene in Mass Effect where the Normandy attacks the Sovereign is pure edge-of-the-seat stuff. When Joker manages to deal it a heavy blow and the Alliance ships all converge on it, I gave the game a hearty Fuck Yeah.

TheSHADOWLINK

TheSHADOWLINK
  • GA Private
  • 1,102 posts
  • Steam ID:awsomesuper
  • Xbox / GFWL:sh4dowl1nk
  • Wii:sh4dowl1nk
  • Gamer Army ID:3880
QUOTE (Kiyo @ Aug 19 2007, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I found out Samus was really a girl, it blew my mind!

icon_sad.gif wtf samus was a gurl?

sh4dowl1nk.jpg  -_-

Shadowslayer

Shadowslayer
  • GA Private
  • 23 posts
  • xfire:arloch
  • Interests:pwning - thats about it. WoW is the &quot;LIFEPLAGUE&quot;.
  • Xbox / GFWL:KoK Raven
  • Gamer Army ID:2407
Pretty much all of the Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion I thought were incredible.

When Aribeth joins the other side in Neverwinter Nights.

Most of Mass Effect was incredible, but I particularly enjoyed punching the damn annoying news interviewer DURING a live TV interview. Priceless.

Rest in peace Troy "T-Bag" Dixon You will be missed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users