Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Golden Sun DS!?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Blackened

Blackened
  • GA Private
  • 2,262 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1658
We have all played the 'Golden Sun' GBA series right? In my opinion, they are probably my favorite games for GBA... I just recently played them again on my DS without the crappy GBA lighting.

Well anyway, I was surfing random sites and found this:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/11/golden-s...endo-gathering/

Apparently, it will be shown further at E3. Is anyone looking forward to a 3rd Golden Sun? I know I am, I think using the touch screen to manipulate Psynergy would be awesome.

Oh man, I'm kind of excited. Camelot has enough story to make it to atleast GS4.

Anyone like these games? Dumb question.

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
I just creamed myself three times in the time it took you to read this.

I need a DS....NOW! Golden sun = Best portable RPG ever! It does rip off from a lot of sources though....

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
QUOTE (Silent_Dirge @ Jul 13 2007, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just creamed myself three times in the time it took you to read this.

I need a DS....NOW! Golden sun = Best portable RPG ever! It does rip off from a lot of sources though....

I have a DS, so... I gues I'll just have to fap while I wait...

This is going to be so awesome...

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2994
I've played the first one and loved it, but I never did play the second one. If this is real I'm gonna have to go find the second. Actually, even if this ins't real I'm gonna have to pick up the second.

Nguman

Nguman
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts
  • xfire:nguman
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pretty Cool
  • PSN:Pretty AWESOME.
  • Wii:Pretty Nice
OMG WHOSE GONNA BE THE MAIN CHARACTER? ISSAC OR FELIX? OMG OMG OMG OMG OGOMGOOGGOMGOMGGMOG I DON'T BELIEVE IT, OMGOMGOGOMOG I hope its true.. I loved Golden Sun A LOT.

EDIT: It may be Fake, the bottom screen is just art from the Lost Ages as the gamespot forums proclaim as well the DS isn't strapped onto a stand.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
lol saw this ages ago on aussie nintendo. they said it could be real, they're not sure yet.

Dirge

Dirge

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
The Fanbase for the game is enourmous. It was a truly epic adventure, and one of the few RPG'S I had fun playing. It would be a huge letdown if they just abandoned that audience. Does anyone Remember all those Goldensun websites? FAQ's, Forum boards, petitions. That was a good life. Oh, the games music was great too!

Nguman

Nguman
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts
  • xfire:nguman
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pretty Cool
  • PSN:Pretty AWESOME.
  • Wii:Pretty Nice
QUOTE (Silent_Dirge @ Jul 14 2007, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Fanbase for the game is enourmous. It was a truly epic adventure, and one of the few RPG'S I had fun playing. It would be a huge letdown if they just abandoned that audience. Does anyone Remember all those Goldensun websites? FAQ's, Forum boards, petitions. That was a good life. Oh, the games music was great too!

The GS series were a nice throwback to SNES RPGs, it was the greatest RPG ever made for the GBA. IMO.

Blackened

Blackened
  • GA Private
  • 2,262 posts
QUOTE (m3ds @ Jul 14 2007, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've played the first one and loved it, but I never did play the second one. If this is real I'm gonna have to go find the second. Actually, even if this ins't real I'm gonna have to pick up the second.

Yes, it is called 'The Lost Age' and you start off as Felix, Jenna and Sheba. It is a kickass game, and it doesn't end when you beat it really. You have to level lots more and kill secret bosses for bonus Djinn summons. It's really awesome.

QUOTE (Nguman @ Jul 14 2007, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG WHOSE GONNA BE THE MAIN CHARACTER? ISSAC OR FELIX? OMG OMG OMG OMG OGOMGOOGGOMGOMGGMOG I DON'T BELIEVE IT, OMGOMGOGOMOG I hope its true.. I loved Golden Sun A LOT.
EDIT: It may be Fake, the bottom screen is just art from the Lost Ages as the gamespot forums proclaim as well the DS isn't strapped onto a stand.

GOLDEN SUN SPOILERS:I'm guessing it would star both of them, considering in the Lost Age. You fight the final boss with all 8 party members.

QUOTE (Myth @ Jul 14 2007, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol saw this ages ago on aussie nintendo. they said it could be real, they're not sure yet.

Really? This 'Meeting' said on the site I linked was just recent.
To be honest, Camelot has plenty of storyline to make so many more games. The first one being what happened to Alex, second one being the story of Sheba... If this is fake that will suck because this game series is probably my favorite in the world right now.

Camelot is producing a game for the Wii right now, and that is all we officially know. If it was released for the Wii, I would assume it to kind of be like animal crossing with the 3d, but also still the RPG format...

cool stuff...

DemomanScotboi

DemomanScotboi

MotM July '07

• Banned
  • 3,063 posts
  • xfire:henx12
  • Interests:Buyin',Sellin',Tradin',Stalkin people to make em buy 'er sell.
  • Gamer Army ID:808
Fucking hell, was about time the DS got some more RPG action going on for it. Going to be waiting for this game to come out.

Brenner

Brenner
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:RedElite14
  • Xbox / GFWL:Brenner14
  • PSN:RBrenner
  • Wii:7811616637693823
  • Gamer Army ID:101
This is great... I loved both GS games; some of my favorite RPGs ever. I also loved how I was able to transfer my characters from GS1 into GS2, and then they reunited with Felix and the new gang... Man, those games were EPIC!

Did anyone else think that final boss in Lost Age was hard as hell, or am I just a noob?

Dirge

Dirge

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
QUOTE (Brenner @ Jul 15 2007, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is great... I loved both GS games; some of my favorite RPGs ever. I also loved how I was able to transfer my characters from GS1 into GS2, and then they reunited with Felix and the new gang... Man, those games were EPIC!

Did anyone else think that final boss in Lost Age was hard as hell, or am I just a noob?

Everybody I had was Level 99 icon_razz.gif But Yeah He does lots of damage in regards to level. The Boss I had the most trouble with was that one who could summon Sol against you - What was his Name? Ultimate Secret boss of GS2?

Blackened

Blackened
  • GA Private
  • 2,262 posts
QUOTE (Brenner @ Jul 15 2007, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I beat him with felix at level 37. I got him 3rd attempt because I was getting unlucky with his Ruin attack. But nonetheless the Sol Blade was the difference for me.

EDIT: That was the first time I beat him. I beat the game again with my party significantly higher icon_biggrin.gif

Nab

Nab
  • Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • xfire:nab1
  • Interests:Games (lol), Judo, Movies and stuff like that.
  • Wii:4802133825150686
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Man, that would be a HUGE punch in the psp's face. Golden Sun is mighty legendary, one of my favourite RPGs ever. I think I just can't wait for them to officially announce it, I've been waiting for this too long, lol.

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2994
Not to cursh everyone's dreams, but it's fake.

Vooks.net -- Australia's answer to descending from criminals and rapists -- has an interview up with the perpetrator of the hoax, a member of their own forums, a fellow who goes by the obtusely ironic name 'Opium'. It seems that Mr. Opium created the clever faςade to convince Nintendo that the series had a large fanbase and that we actually want to see more Golden Sun titles.

- Source
- Interview

I was sad to hear this, but who nows, maybe this will get the series some attention and maybe we can actually have a sequel.

Blackened

Blackened
  • GA Private
  • 2,262 posts
Ah man. I was getting excited. They have to make a third game, they can't just end the story like that. We never knew where Sheba was from, never know what happened to Alex. And what the hell will happen to Weyard...

Well, guell we'll have to wait longer then.

Corpus

Corpus
  • GA Private
  • 797 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:CorpuS11
  • Gamer Army ID:2298
  • Company:Bravo
It looks very shopp'd to me. You can tell by the way the side edges near the screens are not illuminated. Therefore, there is no actual light source, and no game turned on. Just sayin...

Corpus

Corpus
  • GA Private
  • 797 posts
I knew it, done and done.

http://www.destructoid.com/golden-sun-sequ...ine-35391.phtml

Dirge

Dirge

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
QUOTE (Corpus @ Jul 16 2007, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats terrible news ;_; but even worse is I think my sister sold both my golden sun games. Now, I have to go buy them again, With my money.

Corpus

Corpus
  • GA Private
  • 797 posts
So if the GS came out, you wouldn't need to re-buy them again? Somone has an obsession.......for men. J/k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users