Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

event horizon

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

j1031

j1031
  • Members
  • 40 posts
I heard about this movie the other day and im intrigued, but the reviews are either good or terrible for it. Its also supposed to be really scary but idk, is it worth the 6 bucks to rent?

keitherton

keitherton
  • Members
  • 562 posts
haven't even heard of it.
i guess its time for you to hate me again, lets begin, now hand me the pen.. how should i begin it and where should it all end

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (j1031 @ Jul 12 2007, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard about this movie the other day and im intrigued, but the reviews are either good or terrible for it. Its also supposed to be really scary but idk, is it worth the 6 bucks to rent?

That movie has been on TV in the United States for a few years... are you renting it?

I really, really liked that movie, good acting for a cheaper SF film. I thought it was made-for-tv until now.

Spaceship goes through somewhere it's not supposed to... won't ruin it by saying more, unless you read the spoiler below:

The exploration vessel "Event Horizon" goes out of phase to travel large distances across space. If I recall correctly, they make their first trip to Neptune or Uranus. It turns out that when they went into another dimension to travel, they phased into the dimension that Hell exists in. Satan possesses several of the crew to try and pull them all back into hell by rigging the controls after a rescue crew enters the EH.

Liberate tutame ex inferis

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
I watched the film before. It was okay. Reminded me of Doom game for some reason. But you don't see zombies and shit popping up before your face (iirc).

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

Oct 2007 - Mario Kart DS Tournament winner or something

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:CS, console gaming, basketball, movies.
  • Xbox / GFWL:anucadivad
  • Wii:5446973000736267
This movie scared the piss outta me when I saw it as a little kid. I'm interested to see what I would think now that I'm older.

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
Awesome movie for sure. Pretty creepy too, although nothing really startling, it just messed with your head.

if you're a fan of sci-fi and/or horror you'll want to watch this movie.
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

j1031

j1031
  • Members
  • 40 posts
rented it, my thoughts

it started off decent and even had me caring about a charactor for a few seconds, but the ending didn't answer any questions at all. Wasn't that good but entertaining enough. BTW the few flashes of "gore" were not scary or disgusting

chowgood

chowgood
  • Members
  • 237 posts
It's got Sam Neil without eyes, without skin and covered in gashes...what more could you want in a movie? Sam Neil ftw

hudson

hudson
  • Members
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Pwnage, Music, and making movies
Proballllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyy the most terrifying movie ever made.

jcb33

jcb33
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • xfire:jcb33
To be honest, I love this film, I first watched it when I was younger, and it scared the pants off me! Now It does nothing like that, but I still think its worth while watching at least once, and as you have, yay!

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (hudson @ Jul 16 2007, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Proballllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyy the most terrifying movie ever made.

Wow. Maybe a little too far?

BeetleJuice101

BeetleJuice101
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • xfire:BeetleJuice101
  • Interests:&quot;You've got red on you&quot;
Fecking ownage film, one of my favs... And gives a fresh spin to the Sci-Fi movie genre.

"Where we're going we don't need eyes to see."

grimm

grimm
  • Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • xfire:xgrimmx
  • Interests:Counter Strike, Anime, Movies, Music (Metal and Rock FTW), and of course Pure Pwnage.
  • Wii:Be up soon!
Its pretty meh, but as a horror it has its moments. Eye gouging has always freaked me out and this is definitely a good movie if you like those out there sort of movies. Similiar to the movie where the jellyfish go inside the persons mouth killing him (the Sphere I think its called) only in space.

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

Oct 2007 - Mario Kart DS Tournament winner or something

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:CS, console gaming, basketball, movies.
  • Xbox / GFWL:anucadivad
  • Wii:5446973000736267
I also cringed when that one guy who was possessed goes into the airlock, and then opens up the hatch out to space. His blood starts boiling in his veins and shit... ewww..

Oh, and another creepy part, when that guy figures out that he mis-translated the Latin in the audio tape.

"Save your souls"

..or something like that.

in3rtia

in3rtia
  • GA Private
  • 268 posts
  • xfire:virtualnrl
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dr in3rtia
  • Gamer Army ID:2669
Event horizon is a good "Sunday night, nothing on tv and have to wake up early in the morning" film. When I first saw this when I was a kid I was so scared that its kind of funny icon_biggrin.gif

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (grimm @ Jul 17 2007, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Similiar to the movie where the jellyfish go inside the persons mouth killing him (the Sphere I think its called) only in space.

The Sphere is about a Sphere.

n00b much.?

n00b much.?
  • Members
  • 284 posts
good movie.. i found it kinda scary but thats just me..
frozen body was kinda cool when it smashed but...

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
QUOTE (Pawnator @ Jul 18 2007, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Sphere is about a Sphere.

off-topic but the book Sphere by Micheal Crighton was nothing much like the movie. It was kind of a sci-fi action movie set underwater. Not much horror at all. It is also extremely awesome.

Back on-topic, I always wonder why people don't mix genres up more. Like, a horror movie set in space. It crossed genres and turned out pretty cool. More movies should do that (instead of the crappy sequals and remakes we're getting spammed with nowadays)
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

Kadjel

Kadjel

I fought with honour!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,183 posts
  • xfire:Kadjel
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (Destructor @ Jul 19 2007, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
off-topic but the book Sphere by Micheal Crighton was nothing much like the movie. It was kind of a sci-fi action movie set underwater. Not much horror at all. It is also extremely awesome.

Back on-topic, I always wonder why people don't mix genres up more. Like, a horror movie set in space. It crossed genres and turned out pretty cool. More movies should do that (instead of the crappy sequals and remakes we're getting spammed with nowadays)

Agreed, variety is always good to have.

I remember watching this as a kid, honestly scared me pretty bad. Since everything is alot better when you're a kid, I'm going to rewatch it to get a better opinion.
Wuggles for everyone!

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Pawnator @ Jul 16 2007, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. Maybe a little too far?

I can't recall any films, I've ever watched, that comes close to how "scary" of a movie this is. No movie has ever scared me, but this one sure as hell came close. The gore and thrill of it was enough to do so and keep me entertained.

The main reason it does this is by being subtle. Was hard for me to predict what would happen next in many cases. But it's been a few years since I've last seen this.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users