Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sakurai's Statements on brawl

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Curly Locks

Curly Locks
  • Members
  • 396 posts
  • xfire:Kentalcious
  • Interests:Computers, Games, sports, making fun of fat people (I know its bad i cant help it), eating, running, sleeping Comedy and all that Jazz
  • Xbox / GFWL:Kentalicious13
i found this on google

http://forums.nintendo.com/rss/message?boa...sage.id=1838588

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
I do not like this:
"This time, we'd like to stress easiness over the small details of combat, so overall it might become somewhat easier."

Smash bros is NOT for casual gamers! Don't try to appeal to them with this game, nintendo! Appeal to the fans who played the other games!!
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
^ They're taking out all the glitch moves, thats what that tells me.

Xzero

Xzero
  • Members
  • 160 posts
dont panic (yet) lets just wait and see what happens.

ps: no worldwide ranking online? that sucks icon_sad.gif
PP fan.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
If it's online it's a sign it's been messed up, as for a fact internet latency will always be greater than the time it takes to effectively act/react in smash bros.

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
Stop posting old news, f******

This was about the same time as the old e3 vid, if not before.

These were originally on the old brawl site, which has as of late been changed to the one we all know and visit.

This was merely a series of letters that sakurai chose to talk about from the mass of fanmail he recieved on brawl.

This is old news, tbh. Wait till tomorrow, K? THNX

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Uhh.. theyre making it easier.. that sounds pretty bad. Even on the official site they show that now all you have to do for combos his hold down the button instead of using the old tapping with good timing. SSBM was originally made for casual play, then people found all kinds of glitched shit and moves.. others think they purposfuly left things open with the physics so people could figure it out and use them┤/┤wavedashing┤┤(. I think L cancelling is definatly a glitch. SHFF isnt.
what the hell am I saying.

MY POINT ISĐ˝ I hope they keep everything in the game from the previous.. but who doesnt_!!_┤questionmark┤┤

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Jul 10 2007, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uhh.. theyre making it easier.. that sounds pretty bad. Even on the official site they show that now all you have to do for combos his hold down the button instead of using the old tapping with good timing.

This is VERY old news. You never had to tap with good timing to produce an A button combo for christ's sake, stop getting paranoid and if you look at the wording on the sight it sounds like if you hold it down he'll just keep doing the standard A punch "Press and hold the attack button to do consecutive jabs." and when you press again he'll move onto the next one "Press the button repeatedly, or just start hitting your enemy to initiate the combo." It's not like it matters even if it isn't that way. Who gives a flying fuck if you can hold down A to do some weak attacks, you shouldn't only be worried if he says "just jump and hold a to do consecutive shffled nairs!"

I think L cancelling is definatly a glitch.

In SSB64 Z-cancelling was a glitch. In melee L-canceling is not a glitch. It was added on purpose. Do you really think that a glitch would halve perfectly the lag of any character's air attacks? The time reduction is exactly half on every character, that's not a glitch. Wavedashing technically isn't a glitch either if you use the definition of glitch but it wasn't put in the game intentionally, it's just a result of the way the game engine handles the physics.

Silverslug

Silverslug

Best Console Contributor 2006

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
  • xfire:fruitsofherwomb
  • Xbox / GFWL:fruitsofherwomb
  • Gamer Army ID:118
QUOTE (Destructor @ Jul 10 2007, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do not like this:

Smash bros is NOT for casual gamers! Don't try to appeal to them with this game, nintendo! Appeal to the fans who played the other games!!

.... the game has fucking mario in it...... Its not a core game, its a casual game and has always been.

There isn't one thing in it that makes it core.

SN3S

SN3S

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
Why are we arguing about year and a half old news someone found using Google?

Why? Don't let this turn into the Nsider forums, or smashboards... Please...

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
QUOTE (Silverslug @ Jul 10 2007, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.... the game has fucking mario in it...... Its not a core game, its a casual game and has always been.

There isn't one thing in it that makes it core.

It's a deep, technical fighting game with a lot of advanced strats and techniques. Just because it is cartoony looking and features Mario, it's automatically a "casual" game?
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

SN3S

SN3S

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
QUOTE (Destructor @ Jul 10 2007, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a deep, technical fighting game with a lot of advanced strats and techniques. Just because it is cartoony looking and features Mario, it's automatically a "casual" game?

Why do you all ignore the fact that this is a year-and-a-half necroed article?

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
QUOTE (Infernoblaze @ Jul 10 2007, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is VERY old news. You never had to tap with good timing to produce an A button combo for christ's sake

not gonna read the rest of your post yet cause im almost out of time.

use fox_? Keep tapping A and see what happens. Now only tap A twice with very tiny pauses inbetween, you┤ll never start to use his kicks and continueously double punch forward, same with falco.

Link, sometimes you just want one regular slash, not his tripple, or his spasms of stabs.
Same with C.Falc, and probably many others that I cant think of right now.

if youre going to come back at me with some other info about this, calm down and then do it. your post semmed very hostile towards me and I got frightened.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Silverslug

Silverslug

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
QUOTE (Destructor @ Jul 10 2007, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Strats and Techniques, the game only has like 10 moves.

Play some King of Fighters, Samurai Showdown, Street Fighter 3rd Strike, or Virua Fighter.

The game is Technical, norly .

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Jul 11 2007, 03:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not gonna read the rest of your post yet cause im almost out of time.

use fox_? Keep tapping A and see what happens. Now only tap A twice with very tiny pauses inbetween, you┤ll never start to use his kicks and continueously double punch forward, same with falco.

Link, sometimes you just want one regular slash, not his tripple, or his spasms of stabs.
Same with C.Falc, and probably many others that I cant think of right now.
if youre going to come back at me with some other info about this, calm down and then do it. your post semmed very hostile towards me and I got frightened.

Apologies for sounding hostile, I wasn't in a great mood when I posted but it's a new day now icon_biggrin.gif. All you have to do is tap at a reasonable speed without good timing for the character to produce the a combo at the fastest speed, and if you only wanna do a standard chop then you just press it once nothing's gonna change really... or if what I predicted (read the rest of my previous post) is correct we'll now just have to hold the button. I really don't see what the big deal is.

Oh and silverslug smash is an advanced fighting game. Since when does a game have to have a ridiculous amount of moves that tend never to get used due to most being obsolete for it to be considered "core" as you put it.

Silverslug

Silverslug

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
true, why make a deep fighting game when you can wave dash and press up b all day.

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
QUOTE (Silverslug @ Jul 11 2007, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
true, why make a deep fighting game when you can wave dash and press up b all day.

Yes because that's obviously how you win...

I won't post again because this thread needs death already.

Backwards quoting ftw (this way I can be SO TOTALLY AWESOME by not posting again)
the truth hurts

What, the fact that because nintendo didn't show what you wanted at E3 everything they make and have made is crap. Melee is a highly advanced fighter that takes a lot of skill to play at a high level, I'd love to see you evnter a tournament and attempt to win with the use of upB. I'd rather play it over any of the fighters you've named.

Rljohn

Rljohn
  • Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • xfire:rljohn
  • Xbox / GFWL:rljohn
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:4945597007048201
QUOTE (Silverslug @ Jul 11 2007, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your ignorance is astounding.

Silverslug

Silverslug

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
QUOTE (Rljohn @ Jul 12 2007, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your ignorance is astounding.

Sorry, the truth hurts.

8455M4N___

8455M4N___
  • Members
  • 574 posts
  • xfire:bassmanpaul
  • Interests:.gnirob si flesym tuoba gniklat
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bassmanpaul
  • Wii:3320414299139634
I am thinking that there might be some gameplay issues. They didn't make it playable. They're also saying they've changed stuff. I hope im wrong guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users