Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starcraft 2 Updates

* * * * - 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
934 replies to this topic

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
  • xfire:jimraynor1
  • Interests:Starcraft<br />Korean girls<br />French girls<br />Black girls<br />Spanish girls
QUOTE (LysIs514 @ Sep 22 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Geysers probably have less return... like how you only get 5 minerals per return rather than 8.
Maybe to keep up with the macro mechanics for mining more minerals.
Maybe they just wanted to add more viable build orders (to increase overall depth) by making when you take your second (maybe first?) gas a factor.

bang on.
i hope they make it like that...
maybe make a geyser cost 300 crystals?
maybe make the geyser build very slowly...
maybe the vespene gas cost of various units can be adjusted...

Edited by JimRaynor, 22 September 2009 - 11:12 PM.

QUOTE (James Madison @ Aug 25 1781, 11:48 AM)
If Tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft<br />Korean girls<br />French girls<br />Black girls<br />Spanish girls
a new HD video on youtube...

If Tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
i think this is the HD version of the free coverage Blizzard provided at Blizzcon.
http://www.blizzard....deo/archive.xml
in it is a 2v2 Starcraft2 game.

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
a year ago people were faithfully posting every single little update...
now... LOL...
this happened a week ago... but is still "news" on this update thread

QA Batch 53 from Sept. 30
http://forums.battle...c...81&sid=3000

53? ROFLMAO...
who thinks the QA Batches will break the century mark? icon_biggrin.gif

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (JimRaynor @ Oct 5 2009, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now... LOL...

53? ROFLMAO...

They're weekly (or close to it), so 53 weeks is pretty believable.

But then again, this is just further trolling.

Edited by TheShadowNinja, 05 October 2009 - 05:02 PM.

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,322 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
QUOTE (JimRaynor @ Oct 5 2009, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now... LOL...

53? ROFLMAO...

I don't really know why that's funny... it just shows how awesome they are for trying to answer our questions very often. The questions this time weren't too interesting though.

helpfulh.jpg
Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
assigned to Starcraft 2 concept art icon_smile.gif
StarcraftSource

its a never ending ... ever evolving 6 year process icon_smile.gif

Edited by JimRaynor, 09 October 2009 - 03:42 PM.

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
QUOTE (TheShadowNinja @ Oct 5 2009, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're weekly (or close to it), so 53 weeks is pretty believable.
But then again, this is just further trolling.

its funny you accuse me of trolling in a post which is false.
the QA Batches are not weekly.
QA Batch 17 occurred in September 2007
as of October 2009 we are on Batch 53.

so that is 1 batch every 21 days.

21 != 7

get your facts straight before posting... or just shut up because you end up making yourself look like an idiot.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
Battle Report #4 is out now:

http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=103956

It's a PvT on the SC2 version of Lost Temple.

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
  • xfire:FreezerFlame
  • Interests:StarCraft<br />Game Design<br />Video Editing
  • Steam ID:Nettown8
  • PSN:FrEeZing
Medivacs? Are medics still in the game? 2 units that serve the same purpose for Terran?

Looks like the main base cliffs will be piss-easy to hop onto. Good thing those cliff jumping units are piss-weak themselves.

Looks like Psi-storm will be Protoss' saving grace once more. This time even more so since it looks like even SC2 army will be moving in bunched up masses

Edited by freeze, 22 October 2009 - 11:44 PM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (freeze @ Oct 23 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Medivacs? Are medics still in the game? 2 units that serve the same purpose for Terran?

Looks like the main base cliffs will be piss-easy to hop onto. Good thing those cliff jumping units are piss-weak themselves.

Looks like Psi-storm will be Protoss' saving grace once more. This time even more so since it looks like even SC2 army will be moving in bunched up masses

You misunderstood. There are no medics in MP. Just singleplayer. Medevac is the only unit that can heal bio for T in MP.

The players were horrible, neither pressed home an advantage, or did anything worth while with their units.

From how the T's can spam Marauders and marines and shit, it seems that Terran has a big IMBA against P unless P masses Zealots+HT and maybe DT. Because of how cheap and cost effective the Marauders are against the heavier units like the Stalker and up.

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,322 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
I enjoyed it. The psi storm seemed like it was instant? As opposed to like a few ticks of damage, it seemed like it just instantly did one larger amount of damage.

helpfulh.jpg
Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (UDP @ Oct 23 2009, 06:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I enjoyed it. The psi storm seemed like it was instant? As opposed to like a few ticks of damage, it seemed like it just instantly did one larger amount of damage.

Yeah, which might give HTs more of an answer to clumped up mutas... oh wait...

Edited by j type, 23 October 2009 - 07:31 AM.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
QUOTE (UDP @ Oct 23 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (j type @ Oct 23 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, which might give HTs more of an answer to clumped up mutas... oh wait...

i loled.

honestly though, i havnt seen the movie, but if the psi storm did one large amount of damage it'll suck imo as a zerg play who hates vsing toss

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (Myth @ Oct 23 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
honestly though, i havnt seen the movie, but if the psi storm did one large amount of damage it'll suck imo as a zerg play who hates vsing toss

Hmmm.. Yeah, it's really hard to know what to say about that. I mean, in the current state of PvZ, it is balanced on a knife-edge at best, ready to fall wildly and extremely in favour of one side or the other. Making storm even more powerful wouldn't really help that either.

I can see how difficult it is to balance maps for PvZ, let alone all MUs. I would like to say it's slightly more forgiving of mistakes made by the Zerg player than the Protoss, but I'm sure many would disagree.

But, in SC2 - who knows? I don't recall seeing Psi Storm used against Zerg as of yet, in any of the Battle Reports or Blizzcon footage.

Edited by j type, 23 October 2009 - 10:48 AM.

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
  • xfire:FreezerFlame
  • Interests:StarCraft<br />Game Design<br />Video Editing
  • Steam ID:Nettown8
  • PSN:FrEeZing
Yeah those psi-storms seemed pretty quick, but he was spamming them like crazy so who knows.

As long as the Zerg swarm up into a clusterfuck like that Terran army did, Toss will probably do fine. Colossus is supposed to be good against organic right?

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (freeze @ Oct 23 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah those psi-storms seemed pretty quick, but he was spamming them like crazy so who knows.

As long as the Zerg swarm up into a clusterfuck like that Terran army did, Toss will probably do fine. Colossus is supposed to be good against organic right?

Yes. But it seems that it's not good enough because it's supposed to be good against alot of enemies hence it's beam that slices ect. It just seems to be too fragile though..

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Oct 23 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. But it seems that it's not good enough because it's supposed to be good against alot of enemies hence it's beam that slices ect. It just seems to be too fragile though..

I'm sure I saw mentioned somewhere that the Colossus' shield is stronger against powerful attacks. It seems like it might require some kind of meat-shield to soak up damage and keep Zerg swarms away from it, so that it can deal it's damage more effectively. I guess it's probably going to have to be treated more like a Siege-Tank or a Reaver from SC1.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (j type @ Oct 23 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure I saw mentioned somewhere that the Colossus' shield is stronger against powerful attacks. It seems like it might require some kind of meat-shield to soak up damage and keep Zerg swarms away from it, so that it can deal it's damage more effectively. I guess it's probably going to have to be treated more like a Siege-Tank or a Reaver from SC1.

Well, what my point is, the Marauders do terrible terrible damage to big units. So doesn't that mean their attacks are big attacks? I don't know just watching them, they get raped the second they get shot a few times by anything. They seem weak to everything and a pretty big waste because they don't do anywhere near the damage of the reaver and die so friggen fast it's not even funny.

I think I'd be avoiding them unless they get a nice buff.

And christ, lets get some REAL testers in here, not these horrible ones from the battle reports. I've never played one single ICCUP game, and I know that I could take David Kim and wipe the floor with his ass. (And fuck lost temple. Seriously.)

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
Good to see p is still as gay as ever.

Bulldog? Screw your bulldog, i can just blink up the ramp.
Psistorm? How about spiraling-vortex-of-death?
Who the hell needs recall when you can warp in shit with a proxy pylon that you don't even need to build?

FUCK YEAH PROTOSS

AltCtrl: if i was gonna play ra3 i might as well go play wizard 101 too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users