Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starcraft 2 Updates

* * * * - 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
934 replies to this topic

technoDave

technoDave
  • GA Private
  • 780 posts
  • xfire:tehdave1990
  • Interests:Games, programming, guitar playing, electronics and beer.
  • Steam ID:Seor Giggles
  • Xbox / GFWL:biopunk08
  • Gamer Army ID:698
  • Company:Gamma
Terran units up on Starcraft2.com
\m/

pra

pra
  • Members
  • 371 posts
who wasn't believing me that this was the old tank???
TAKE THIS!!!

"Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me."

h3r1n6

h3r1n6

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• Global Moderators
  • 1,770 posts
  • xfire:h3r1n6
  • Interests:Gaming<br />Sports
  • Steam ID:h3r1n6
Now TvT will come down to tanks and Vikings, great icon_razz.gif

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
  • xfire:FreezerFlame
  • Interests:StarCraft<br />Game Design<br />Video Editing
  • Steam ID:Nettown8
  • PSN:FrEeZing
IDK y the tanks have to spread their treads in seige mode, makes them look retarded.

And wtf are those? trees??? Infantry can pass Medium and Large cant?

RaiDK

RaiDK
  • Members
  • 1,297 posts
  • xfire:Geshpenst
  • Xbox / GFWL:GummyBearRust
Deployed the new siege tank looks freaking insane, undeployed they look a bit dull... Guess I'll have to wait for a gameplay video before making a judgement, everything looks way better in the videos.

Vengeance

Vengeance

MotM March 2007 | teh_cookierer

• GA Sergeant
  • 2,057 posts
  • xfire:vengeance238
  • Wii:7099005730287119
  • Gamer Army ID:100
"Recent improvements have included the addition of bay facilities to carry a number of SCVs while the command center is in transit. This facilitates rapid exploitation of fresh mineral fields or vespene pockets, as well as supplying a handy shelter for the SCVs in case of enemy action."

Oh man. Terrans just got pimped... seriously cool stuff, I'm loving the new tanks icon_smile.gif Reapers with their demo charges seem like awesome hit and run base attackers - running in, destroying your supply depots and then raping your eco, and then running away. Ugh icon_sad.gif Anyway, as I said, I just can't wait for Zerg info now icon_biggrin.gif If Terran and Protoss are anything to go by, we're going to have some epic units and abilities icon_smile.gif

They've not actually changed the tank that much - it's deceptive icon_wink.gif The darkening of the texture makes it look a lot grittier - makes a whole world of difference. Obviously the model has been adjusted a bit, but really it's just a case of taking away the clowny cartoony look and making it much darker. I'm sure Terran players will be duly happy icon_smile.gif

Brave_Zealot

Brave_Zealot
  • Members
  • 1,031 posts
  • xfire:bravezealot
  • Interests:gosu wannabe<br />maybe someday
wow...impressive...all I can say

is that Raynor in the concept art stepping on the zergling? Raynor is x10 cooler, as impossible as Raynor being any cooler sounds. GG zerg and toss, we got the most badass hero in the campaign!

also note that the factions seem to now have their own coat of arms thing, sorta; emblem

in the screenshot of the ghost section, some terran units have the yellow officer/veteran rank thing above them (don't know what it's called in english), meaning units can gain rank now? will it make veteran units tougher as in ra2 or just a cool thing to reflect how many kills they have?

remember soul hunters who do more damage with more kills, apparently terran will have a similar "veteran" thing I guess

damn I feel like such a tool "omg dats teh new seigetank lol"

technoDave

technoDave
  • GA Private
  • 780 posts
  • xfire:tehdave1990
  • Interests:Games, programming, guitar playing, electronics and beer.
  • Steam ID:Seor Giggles
  • Xbox / GFWL:biopunk08
  • Gamer Army ID:698
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Brave_Zealot @ Aug 4 2007, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is that Raynor in the concept art stepping on the zergling? Raynor is x10 cooler, as impossible as Raynor being any cooler sounds. GG zerg and toss, we got the most badass hero in the campaign!

Actually, I think it's Tychus Findlay, the guy you see getting his armor put on in the trailer Blizzard used to announce the game.
\m/

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
  • xfire:FreezerFlame
  • Interests:StarCraft<br />Game Design<br />Video Editing
  • Steam ID:Nettown8
  • PSN:FrEeZing
I really hope that the how many kills a unit has effects the units attack or defense. I all the tanks to be the same, not "OMG HERO TANK!! FOCUS FIRE ON IT!!!!"

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Gaming, Wii, filmmaking.
  • Wii:6447428556230302

Starcraft 1.5 looks shit

It's taken them what? 4 years of Development for this?.

SaII

SaII
  • Members
  • 208 posts
  • xfire:saiii
terran tech tree
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=10...5176&size=o
protoss tech tree
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=10...5132&size=o

God needs to open source his code, it sucks we have to wait for all those scientists to reverse engineer his stuff. [Jokes for nerds]

pra

pra
  • Members
  • 371 posts
alerady seen the single player demo?
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/vids_1.html
"Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me."

RaiDK

RaiDK
  • Members
  • 1,297 posts
  • xfire:Geshpenst
  • Xbox / GFWL:GummyBearRust
QUOTE (Kiron @ Aug 5 2007, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Starcraft 1.5 looks shit

It's taken them what? 4 years of Development for this?.

Those techtrees aren't complete. If they are, then the Terrans have lost the Reaper and Medic and the Protoss have lost the Reaver.

russian_neo

russian_neo
  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • xfire:russian_neo
  • Interests:I like rts, fps some rpgs and some racing games.......also very into mythology and history...(a big roman and WWII freak) i study guns and their make up. I love almoust anything that can kill...
ok ok....how long do u guys think its gonna be untill the playble demo leaks from blizzcon????

i hope it does cause if it doesnt at all me gonna be mad....

SaII

SaII
  • Members
  • 208 posts
  • xfire:saiii
QUOTE (RaiDK @ Aug 5 2007, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those techtrees aren't complete. If they are, then the Terrans have lost the Reaper and Medic and the Protoss have lost the Reaver.

terrans didn't loose the reaper, look at the right of barracks they didn't loose medics either, look at the read letters in barracks

I think you need glasses

God needs to open source his code, it sucks we have to wait for all those scientists to reverse engineer his stuff. [Jokes for nerds]

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:134
You can see meds in the gameplay vids! Reavers tho...if those are taken out, it's time to go to war!
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.
I offer SC2 coaching for $25/hr, msg if interested :)

Vengeance

Vengeance

• GA Sergeant
  • 2,057 posts
QUOTE (Fritobag @ Aug 5 2007, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can see meds in the gameplay vids! Reavers tho...if those are taken out, it's time to go to war!

You and your Reaver drops Frito icon_biggrin.gif To be fair, now that they've dropped the Soul Hunter, I think they'll have to keep the Reaver, just to keep the number of troop options equal for each race. I really want to hear more about the Star Relic at the moment though, the cloaking buildings thing sounds pretty interesting. Also - anyone know what a Nomad or Predator is? They're on the Terran tech tree from the Starport, but we've not met them yet afaik. Also, I would like to submit another complaint about the lack of Zerg information D:<

Utttand4

Utttand4
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts

Interceptors look a little small...

Terrans overreacting to a ling rush

Are those veteran siegetanks?

2 Thors...

Cartoony. No matter how much you claim otherwise...

More SC2 Screenshots!
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 17 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think console shooters suck balls.

Vengeance

Vengeance

• GA Sergeant
  • 2,057 posts
I agree, the screenies look kind of cartoony - but really, in videos and with all the animations, the game as a whole really doesn't feel that cartoony icon_smile.gif The graphics don't matter though, haha. Thoughts on the RPG style single player campaign? I like the idea of earning money to unlock the techtree, could be fun icon_smile.gif

Utttand4

Utttand4
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts
QUOTE (Vengeance @ Aug 5 2007, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thoughts on the RPG style single player campaign? I like the idea of earning money to unlock the techtree, could be fun icon_smile.gif

That doesnt sound good. I hope they give it a proper story rather than follow EA's C&C formula of touring the world and completing random objectives (which seems to fit well with an RPG style).

It was also revealed at Blizzcon that cinematics between levels will be interactive. You play as Raynor and you get to choose what to say and stuff... pp_smiley5.gif
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 17 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think console shooters suck balls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users