Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Systems and Kaz's Source Guide

* * * * - 10 votes

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
  • xfire:kazzerax
  • Interests:Counter-Strike, Chess, computer hardware, music, literature, film and philosophy.
  • Steam ID:kazzerax
  • Gamer Army ID:764
Update Log
June 18, 2007.............v1.0 System's Original Post+Kaz's original Post
August 18, 2007..........v1.2 Kaz owns thread, spelling/grammar fixes, Kaz's post merged with System's.
August 20, 2007..........v1.3 Fixed bold problems and added a contribution from h0micide
August 23, 2007..........v1.4 Added M4A1 recoil demos+Contribution by h0micide.
August 30, 2007..........v1.5 Bunnyhopping Guide + Formatting Errors
September 2, 2007......v1.6 Fixed demo problems on aim map with link to my copy of it. Fixed formatting
September 3, 2007......v1.65 How to Get Started in the Aussie Source Scene (Tree_)
September 29, 2007....v1.7 Carepackage, CTRL+F Support
Sometime, 2007..........v1.75 An update of some sort
November 21, 2007.....v1.8 Controlling bursts video added
January 8, 2008..........v1.9 Tree_ has successfully formatted the guide so it doesn't look like shit! Go Tree_
March 5, 2008.............v1.95 Plant Guide
March 7, 2008.............1.96 Communication Guide
March 8, 2008.............v1.97 Clutch Guide
March 8, 2008.............v2.0 Dust2 Angles
March 14,2008............v2.1 Strat Calling Guide
March 15, 2008...........v2.2 de_train stratbook
March 17, 2008............v2.3 de_train angles
March 20, 2008............v2.4 Dust2 Strat book
April 4, 2008................v2.5 Inferno Angles
May 23, 2008...............v2.6 Russka Angles
June 18, 2008..............v2.7 D2 Pistol Strat Vid

Table of Contents
  • CS101 Forward
  • CS201 Carepackage
  • CS102 CSS Settings
  • CS103 How to Install Configs
  • CS104 How to Use Configs
  • CS105 Commands/mouse Settings
  • CS301 Bunnyhopping
  • CS501 The Weapons
  • CS401 Gapshots
  • CS402 Picking as a T
  • CS403 Picking as a CT
  • CS404 Muscle Memory
  • CS602 T Strats
  • CS603 CT Setups
  • CS601 Map Tips
  • CS106 How to Get Started in the Competetive Scene
  • TYVM Thanks
  • CS901 Q&A
  • CS902 Contributions
  • CS903 Things to Look Forward To

CS101 - Forward by XxSystemxX
So.. basically, Joby's thread encouraged me to make something constructive on these forums for a change. In this thread I'll try to explain new / medium skilled people the basics + advanced stuff about CSS. I'm a pretty experienced player (played CAL-m, sorta retired now), so I thought I'd put some knowledge to use.

CS201 - Care Package
This is all of the basics of Counter-Strike. This is not required reading if you're already pretty good but if you're just starting, all of this will help tremendously. Note, I did not write these articles. Credits to GotFrag.com

All files may be downloaded in 1 package here.

102 - CSS Settings
To clear this up first: no professional players config will make you better. The game settings are all preference.

System
Graphics - Well, this one really just depends on what kinda computer you own. Basically, you will never get 100 fps on high settings on a processor that isnt at least an e6600 Core2Duo or higher. So, if you really don't have the best rig, you will have to adjust the graphics. First, you should get your hands on a decent fps config.

Kazzerax
Graphics - Personally, here I sorta disagree with System. I am of the opinion that if you get higher than 30fps and think you can play well, and your teammates confirm this, go ahead and use your high settings. As you can see in the config thread, my config has the graphic settings adjusted to be of better quality than just "all high" in the options menu. This is because I play better with this "movie config" (warning:a lot of movie configs don't have JUST good graphic settings, but binds meant for moviemakers. If you don't plan on making movies but want a movie config, just copy/paste the graphic settings from my config, then edit to suit your needs) because it makes me feel as if I'm inside a frag video while I'm playing. It's sort of a placebo effect thing; if I think I'm clowN cause the game looks like clowN the movie then I'll play like clowN. Basically, if you aren't sure, then lower your settings and use the dT config as posted below.

I recommend these two:
dTLegalConfig - Completely legal in every league. Zblock doesnt block any settings.
CSSNation GUI - FPS config Completely legal in every league. Zblock doesnt block any settings.

CS103 - How to Install Configs
Put them in your cstrike/cfg folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\your steam username\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg)

CS104 - How to Use Configs
Open console and put in "exec *" where * is the name of the config in your \cfg\ folder. Alternatively, put "exec *" on a new line in your autoexec.cfg

After you get this done, you should clean up your PC and make sure none of the unnecessary stuff is running in the background (you really dont need photoshop + 50 msn windows opened while you're playing).

Next step, ingame settings. I use this, so should you, unless you run a monster rig.

Do not put Shadow quality on Low, as it uses close to zero CPU / GPU resources, and is crucial in some situations (you can see peoples shadows around corners, or sometimes through walls [de_nuke lower bombsite is an example, when someone is above you on upper bombsite, you can see his shadow]).

CS105 - Commands / mouse settings
System
Okay, next are the keyboard / mouse settings. Most people use the standard keyboard contols, but to be honest, I -had- to tweak them myself, they just weren't perfect. Again, its all preference. I prefer the "F" key to be my "action" key (bomb defuses, opening doors, etc). I also binded Q to "equipmenu" and E to "buymenu". As I said, preference. If you dont think something is working for you, or you have to put a huge effort in to "reach" the key on your keyboard, CHANGE IT. About mouse settings - all depends on what mouse + dpi you have. I use mouse sensitivity 3.0 with windows mouse acceleration on (you know, the thing in control panel -> mouse). There is a fix called CPL Mousefix, that gets rid of that. Some people say it improves their aim, some say it ruins it. Try it, its easy to install and even easier to remove. Read the README in the .rar file. Download here

Anyway, when you're done setting your game up, its time to move up to actual playing.

Kazzerax
Mostly, do what System said, but if you have an aftermarket mouse (most Razer mice, G5/7, MX518, etc) then make use of your mouse buttons. A good use for a mousebutton is voice, either ingame or vent, as you can press it with a thumb without losing any other button usage. This is opposed to say, capslock, where it's very awkward to talk while going left, since you can't do that while crouch/walking as well, vs. with a mousebutton where your thumb couldn't hit anything else anyway.

CS301 - Bunnyhopping
Demo with instructions.
Bunnyhopping Guide - Bhopping guide so you understand more. (He talks about Half-Life but from what me and Kaz can tell it'll hold true for source.)

CS501 - The Weapons
System
We're gonna start with rifles. First things first - don't ever believe the "AIM FOR THE HEAD LULZ" talk. Source has bigger models and hitboxes than 1.6. Therefore, its easier to hit the head. Every good rifler needs to know how to control recoil and spray well. It's called control spraying. An experienced player can controlspray people from Dust2 pit to Dust2 A platform. (Although an experienced RIFLER would burst them because it's more efficient at that range.) The silencer comes in handy here, basically, it reduces the recoil by a huge amount. Anyway, start up a server (Create server on main menu). Open up console (~) and type sv_showimpacts 1.

The M4 aka the Colt
Basicaly, what you need to learn is the source recoil pattern. It looks a bit like a T. First goes up, then slightly right, then to the left. Screenshot.

What you need to do, is pull the mouse down, and try to keep it from not going to the right and then to the left. It will need some practice, practice until your spray looks sorta like this.

The AK
The recoil patern is BASICALLY the same as the m4's. It goes up, right, then left. The idea is the same as m4a1's, keep it down and keep it from going to the sides.

Note: I am not gonna cover bursts, as those are easy enough to perform in source.

The Awp
The awp is THE key to winning matches and holding sites on CT, AND the key to getting into sides and making the crucial picks to push sides. The awp seems like a pretty easy weapon to master, as it does 81-85 damage when the target is hit to the foot, and kills when you hit the target in any other body part. Its alot more than just a bazooka that kills in 1 hit. The idea is to get a good position (usually middle of maps), and try to pick off any pushing enemies, and get a basic idea on where they are going. I'll show you some good positions to awp from on a few popular maps, and how to perform gapshots on dust2 on T side.

Kazzerax
files.filefront.com/Recoil+for+the+Complete/;9091797;/fileinfo.html
Shows how to get the perfect burst every time for the main weapons in competitive play.

My weapons section will be different than System's, in that I'm just going to provide you demos showing spray control for the weapon, tips for the AWP, and little tidbits, without going so indepth.

AK47
I've been getting complaints that my demos are me spraying into blackness. Download my copy of aim_map (the correct copy I might add) here. This should fix your problems icon_smile.gif

Long Range AK recoil control demo.
ffauploads.com/aklong.rar
As you can see, it's very wild, even if you're pretty good at controlling it.

Medium Range AK recoil control demo
ffauploads.com/akmedium.rar
At medium range it improves, but it's still more wild than you'd probably be comfortable with.

Short Range AK recoil control demo
ffauploads.com/akshort.rar
At short range, it can be argued that the AK is more effective, because you can control the recoil as well as an M4, but it does more damage per shot. Regardless, it gets beasty up close.

If you seem to be incapable of hitting a long range AK shot, then put your mouse at his head level and instead of aiming, strafe so he's in your crosshair, then click. This can be effective if he's pretty bad, but you can't seem to get a bead on him.

The M4
files.filefront.com//;8386386;;/
That has M4 spraying demos for far, medium, and long ranges, both silenced and unsilenced. You can try slowing down the demo (host_timescale 0.25 for example) to see how I compensate for it a bit. sv_showimpacts 1 will allow you to see the bullets hitting the wall better (easily visible through the dust.)

M4A1 shooting technique:5 shot burst.
This is a very effective technique for the average player. Much better for than 2-3 shot burst at medium range, though at long range it may lose a bit of efficency. Basically, you hold the trigger for exactly 5 bullets. You want to aim inbetween nipple level and bellybutton level on the model. What this does, is the first 3 rounds go where you were aiming, and the last 2 go almost exactly at the head level. Very effective.

AWP
The AWP is a weapon that decides the match. You want to use everything about the AWP to your advantage, whenever possible. For example, it's pricetag. If you know you have no chance of winning the round, but a dead teammate's AWP is nearby, you can pick that up and run away, and give it to your teammate the next round. By doing this you have saved money in that A, you didn't die, giving up $1000 of armor, a $2500 or $3100 gun, plus grenades and possibly a purchased sidearm. And B, the AWP costs $4750. If you can give your teammate the AWP, he can buy you a rifle, and you just saved 2 or 3k. Another example is the fact that because of your double zoom, you can pick up on key details that your teammates may not. Ie, if you double scope and the enemy is pistol rushing somewhere (let's say long A on dust2), and your teammates are on A platform, pretty far away, they can just see the enemy with pistols. If you come up from CT spawn and double zoom, you can see if there are weapons on the enemies backs, indicating a surprise buy. (A good place to see this for yourself is to load up an AWP map, set bots to knives, then look at their back across the map with each level of zoom.)

CS401 - Gap Shots
Some good positions as T to make the crucial shot that makes the opositions B side weak (unless they rotate a player there, and open themselves at A).

If you expect a CT to cross by running, aim here (the second line on the left double door, as shown in the picture). Sceenshot.
This sorta shots take some practice, so go on a public server, and practice picking off people a split second after they cross the gap.

If you expect a CT to cross by jumping, aim here - Screenshot. Basicaly, the idea is to quickly shoot just as you see him jump in the little "opening" at the top of the doors. You could atleast deal some damage to him, making B vurnerable.

[bCS402 - ]Picking as T[/b]
This is in my opinion, the easier side of Dust2 to awp from. These are some basic positions to pick a CT awper from.

This is probably the easiest pick to make. Screenshot. A decent CT awper will probably prefire that spot, so you might wanna watch out.

Use this pick, if your spawn is closer to B then to A. Screenshot. Also risky, but a required risk to take, because you want to make sure how many CT's cross to B, and if there is an awp watching short A (you don't wanna find yourself in a situation where CT's stacked A and you thought they have 2 on B).

The last but not least, is the lower spawn pick. Probably my favorite, but also the toughest one. Only do this one if you have a good spawn (close to the boxes in spawn). Screenshot. With some decent gap shooting skills, you just might make a pick there.

CS403 - Picking as CT
Picking as CT is a tad bit harder, as the T's are higher than you, have a clearer shot (you have the double doors infront of you, but those are spammable so if the luck factor is high enough, you might bang one trough the doors), and almost always have the time advantage. If your team is overall a little bit worse than the other team, you'd be better off not trying to pick middle, and jjust watching short a.

The 3 basic picking positions are really commonly used.

The first 2 are risky, but again, a required risk to take. The 3rd is a brilliant position to pick off any T's pushing catwalk (aka short A).

Pick 1.
Pick 2.
Pick 3.

CS404 - Muscle Memory Maps
Download the maps here. Install them by placing them in \maps\ inside of your cstrike folder. The premise of these maps is basically to have your hand memorize how to move your mouse to hit something a specific distance away. I suggest starting out on mm_delight_8 as it's a lot smaller.

First, you aim at the very center dot. Now aim at the dot directly above it. Now back to the center. Each of these is 1 rep. Do 10 reps per dot. Go clockwise, and once you complete the circle branch out 1 more row. Note that this is not fun at all, but it will make you get better a lot faster than DMing will. It takes me ~20 minutes to get through mm_delight_8 and I notice my flickshot has improved as soon as I play a scrim/whatever right after. I recomend doing this up to 4 times per week, supplemented with DMing for best results. However, given the choice of doing this or practicing with your team, go with your team every time icon_wink.gif.

Map positions / strats
CT positions - The blue markers indicate the pushed positions and the red ones indicate the fallen back positions! Use the them smart, if you think the T's are eco, try a pushed up position, and get them while they push. If they are bought up and YOU are eco, use a fallen back one, try to get em in the site and spam with flashes / HE's and then push in and take them out).

De_dust 2
De_nuke
De_inferno

CS602 - T Strats
System
De_dust 2
Pistol strat (thanks to Kazzerax, this strat has never failed me since he showed it to me!). Buy: 2 buy usps + HE nade. 2 buy flash + flash + smoke. One buy deagle. Deagle picks middle, counting crossers and letting your team know if he thinks they all went b, stayed double doors, etc. One USP wait by long entrance (the car), and the other waits behind the long door. The glocks go B (make sure the USPS have the bomb). One of the glocks (your "worst" player) starts raising hell in B, pushes in, smokes, flashes the hell out of the site. The guy that went with him (your "best" player) gives him support from tunnels, but doesn't leave them (!!). After the kamikaze in B dies, or gets a kill (he goes ct spawn to A if he kills them both), the "best" player goes lower b, and smokes the middle crate (like so). After the smoke goes off, the deagle in T spawn starts pushing short to a. The glock will hop on the smoked box to get on short a, and not go all the way around. It is important for the glock to flash before the deagle peeks, so that he can get an easy pick. The usps (the usps take bomb to long, 1 nade in pit, after pit is cleared, 1 nade goes on A platform). After that its pretty much childs play.

De_Nuke
Pistol strat Buy: two buy usps, rest stock up on nades. 4 T's with the bomb take up lobby, make sure theres no CT hiding squeaky room or pushing from radio room. One T goes roof and flashes inside upper bombsite like this. He jumps on the gray rafter thing on roof and tries to chuck two flashes in upper bombsite trough the piramid-like window. If he gets it right, any CT hiding on the rails above the site should be flashed. The split second the flash goes off, the T calls it, and the other T's start flashing the lower part of the upper bombsite (out of squeaky one flash must go down the rafters). If the roof T did his job well, the rest of the round should be yours. I pulled this off on eco situations with the other team on full buy.

Kazzerax
De_dust2
Default, full buy, CT map spots
Something you'lll notice if you look into/make your own setups and then test them, is that, most of the time, there's 1 or 2 spots that are closer up, and 1 or 2 that are farther back. Try not to think of this as close up=aggressive farback=passive, as these are different from what I am referencing, but as close up meaning longer rotation times, and far back meaning faster rotation times (to the other bombsite) These generally are the setups that work consistently, since your rotations are balanced. If everyone plays farback, the enemy can rush a site and take it quickly since you aren't close enough to stop a 5man rush, but if everyone plays close up, backup is too far away to help.

Bombsite A eco stack.
This is really depending on them to go short a. If they do, everyone waits until the strat caller does a radio signal, which means SHOOT AT THE FUCKERS AND TAKE THEIR GUNS!

Long A Dominant
If you have a really strong feeling they're going to go long a, this will make them rethink their action. The short a player runs like fuck up to platform and flashes over the wall towards t spawn/long doors, stopping any rush they're doing (unless of course they are retarded)

Pistol round
Details in image

De_Inferno
Aggressive A
Details in Strat
(I have some more inferno strats, but I need to commit them to paint, if you have any you'd like me to draw up for you, contact me somehow

De_Russka
The overview wasn't of best quality (a lot of boxes aren't shown so it looks dumb if you aren't familiar with the map) but I did my best here. Basically, for Valley, you put an M4 sleeping behind the box, and an AWP half way down the stairs so just his head is showing, trying to grab a pick through the fence. The mid CT is awping the invisible box (ILLEGAL in CAL, LEGAL in CEVO!!!!!!!!) This awper MUST have a good flickshot, not optional. They can go b to mid, b to the red room, come from valley, or go up the stairs. As for B, standard crossfire. The M4 at boxes near ramp needs to call anyone going up the ladder. If he gets flashed, this needs to = "5 of them went up the ladder" to the rest of you, since they could have. If that happens, the B awp needs to rotate from picking upper B hallway, to looking at the ramp, and your mid guy needs to go left towards A stairs, picking anyone coming from the b catwalk.

Heavy middle
Pretty self explanatory. If they like to go mid, the AWP will play normally, but when he runs away there's an M4 (the one from A) waiting on him. The AWP at valley pushes up a bit so he can call them fast enough to get a rotate.

B stack
This will rape any team trying to go B. The formerly mid, now 3rd B player, as it says in the img, needs to run like fuck in order not to get owned by anyone from invisabox. If he gets over to b in time, he will get a quick pick on anyone coming towards the ramp, then run away. Then he can flash from Upper hall, while the B ramp guy pushes. Rinse, repeat.

Remember that Russka is pretty CT sided (10-5 type CT sided)

De_Train
All AWPs
This is just to illustrate how AWP heavy train can be. Don't actually ever DO this.

Aggressive Setup
Explained in IMG.

A Stack (full buy)
You'll notice what appears to be a retarded M4 sitting on the floor in the open in B, expected to guard both sides. Well, as it turns out, if you go up the ladder near upper just right, you can fly off and land on a window ledge. I'm pretty sure this is legal, and he's above the upper walkway, and WAY above the lower walkway, which means he can just play recon until you can rotate. (Think of it like that dark/gay spot in B on inferno, from Insignia Cadre's movie.) I think the rest is explained in the image, if someone gets confused just reply/PM me and I'll edit it.

AWP Heavy
Explained in img

AWP Heavy 2
No explanation really required, if your team is good enough/winning enough to have 3 awps, power to ya.

Map Tips
(I plan on doing this for all maps and uploading to a reliable host at a later date)

CS603 - How to Pick Mid on dust2 CT side
ffauploads.com/doorsmokedust2.rar
THANKS, LIGHTING GLITCH! (Note:the terrorist can't see you, but he CAN try to guess where you are, so try to make yourself in a less obvious spot. Maybe crouching in the smoke, as when spamming people go for the chest.)

The fastest way to get to B Platform
ffauploads.com/bwindowdust2.rar
Give it to your platform player, because it's important.

B site retake flash
ffauploads.com/invisawallbflash.rar
Use this flashbang liberally, as it blinds almost everything. Combined with a flash through the window, you can pretty much only have to worry about people with a corner to dig into.

How to Flash Long A from T spawn
ffauploads.com/longflash.rar
Just using the source engine to my advantage. There are generally several flashes like this for each map, just use your imagination and noclip looking for spots where this is easy to do.Long a to short a, short a to t spawn, t spawn to everywhere. (I've successfully smoked mid, double doors, lower b, long a, b platform, b tunnels, short a stairs, and a platform from the left side of T spawn. Just need to practice at it.)

Middle from lower
ffauploads.com/middleflash.rar
You're gonna need to use this a lot, so it was worth showing again. USE THE ENGINE TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. Throwing noob nades* is BAD! (* Definition of noob nade: any grenade thrown that involves you running into the open where the enemy can see you and kill you before the grenades goes off.)

Illegal T spawn Jump
ffauploads.com/tspawnjump.rar
This jump is VERY illegal, but it's funny as hell when the other team doesn't know you're doing it in a scrim.

Coolest thing you can ever do on dust2
Visit My Website
Practical application? You go long a and there's at least 1 person on the bombsite side of CT spawn, but you have no more smokes and that CT awper on B platform is pretty fucking good.

How to Flash Nuke Rafters without getting owned
ffauploads.com/nukeflash.rar

And finally, the coolest thing you can do on nuke. This is for all you 1.6ers out there
files.filefront.com//;7824560;;/

How to get started in CSS competition scene in UK/Europe?
So, I guess you've all wondered, what are the best leagues to start in? What IRC channels are the right ones to get matches and seek for teams? Here we go -

CSS has quite a few leagues, the bigger ones are:

Get prepared playing IRC games first (server is QuakeNet), then try out EnemyDown, ESL or SGL. I'd especially recommend Enemydown, really good league, teams of every calibre, and very helpful admins + active forum.

CS106 - How to get started in CSS competition scene in USA/Canada?

Kazzerax
IRC - USA channels are #sourceinvite inviteonly (generally better players), #sourcescrim (most popular) and #sourceringer. #sourceringer is good for getting ahold of pugs, or ringers in the US of course.
How to get a game -
American IRC Sample Scrim request

5v5*/[y]ours**/de_dust2***/cal-im****/Central*****

*Amount of players
**[y]ours mean your OR our server.
***The map you want, obviously.
****The skill level you want. Never put things like ogl, cal terrible, or cal bad, because you'll just get a pug of decent players to come wreck you. Just say cal o.
*****West means LA, San Antonios, or Seattle. Central means Chicago, Dallas, or Houston. East means New York, D.C., or sometimes Atlanta.
Also, protip, don't put the *s in IRC when you're getting the scrim, you'll look dumb.

A good place for USA people to start is ESEA If you sign up for premium ($6 a month USD) then you get 3 things. 1, no ads on their site. 2, unlimited download speeds. And 3, access to their pug system. This is the part that makes it worth $6 a month. Basically, you can play 5v5 pugs at any time, in standard USA location. Their website will provide you with your own stats, so you can see yourself improving over time. In addition, they have a SourceTV demo available to download of any pug you played in. Be warned however, that a lot of people on there are assholes and will make fun of you if you are bad, and will call you random if you are good. Also, they have deathmatch/aim map servers, and the best Anti Cheat that I've ever had the pleasure to use.

Note from Kaz: ESEA has recently put up EU/UK servers for free, I'm not interested in this (being American) so if you're from the other side of the Atlantic and that little writeup about ESEA seemed like something you'd be interested in, read up on their site.

h0micide
How to look for a pcw (=scrim in EU)

3on3.css, 4on4.css, 5on5.css or 6on6.css on Quakenet for scrims

Type in IRC: 5on5* | Mid** | Dust2*** | Server On ****

*number of players durr
**skill: low, mid and high. Add + or - behind it to indicate specific skill. (E.G. Low-- if you're terribad)
*** Map of preference
**** Server ON = your server, Server OFF = somebody else's server.

PM people for details in the IRC channel.

Mixvent
UK mixvent: 194.146.193.203:4341
How does mixvent work?

There's like 20 channels with a maximum of 5 people. When there're 5 people in a channel, 1 will look for a pcw (usually on IRC, see "How to look for a pcw (=scrim in EU)." You can talk to the other people in the channel about what skill or map they prefer to play on/with. Post the IP and password in your comment on the Ventrilo channel, like this: connect <insert IP>;password <insert password>.

How to get started in CSS competition scene in Australia?
IRC Stuff:
A good place to get started is by playing some pugs through IRC, #csspug or #csspug2 (Or #cgspug, if you like there rule system) on gamesurge are good channels however there are others. Playing some pugs will give you a good feel for the level of play in competition if you havent got much war experince, as alot of the top players pug often.

If you already have a team and want to start getting into some scrims, you can just ask on clan servers to see if they have 5 ready. Otherwise #gotgames is a good place to ask, usually you will get an answer fairly quickly. Australian's request like so:
"5v5 *map* [y]ours".

Leagues/Competitions:
Australia only has a small handfull of competitions in the Source scene. A good place to start is GameArena* or GotGames (GotGames host a ladder for newer teams and CEVO-AU for more experinced teams). CEVO-AU includes an Open, Intermediate and Invite competition just like it's American counter-part, so teams of any level can compete. The GotGames forums is also a good place to look for updates on up-comming LAN and online tournaments.

*GameArena work's on a ladder system, not league. To be honest, it is full of ALOT of pub-scrub teams and hackers (Much like CAL-O) but it is a good way to work your way up. Once you break into the top 15-10 the team's do start to become alot more experienced. I only recomend GA for those without any competition experience.

---------------------------------------------

Anyway, thats it for now, hope its at least half as helpful as Joby's. TYVM

System thanks - Joby
- Kazzerax
- PP CSS Community
- Enemydown
- Stu, Goodeh, Waylander
- InfectedProductions (Deadcell, Lepi, love you all)

Kazzerax thanks - XxSystemxX
- Mantrousse
- ThE_MarD
- raiL
- My Team
- Everyone who asks questions or contributes
- Tree_ for being a sexy man beast
I -will- update this thread if I get any help from the PP forum members.

CS903 - Things to Look Forward To
Video explanations with commentary
Strats
An increase in personal skill
Articles written by Kazzerax

Stickied, and transferred thread ownership to Kazzerax.-ThE_MarD
Kazzerax
MOTHERFUCKING ENTITY OF THE WORLD
A PORTION OF GLORIOUS THOUGHT
ELECTRICITY SHAPED TO REASON
FORGED THROUGH THE FIRES OF LIFE
BROUGHT TO BEAR ON CHAOS TO IMPOSE WILL UPON AN UNCARING AND INDIFFERENT UNIVERSE
TO FORGE FROM NOTHING, SOMETHING
Beautiful

XxSystemxX

XxSystemxX
  • Members
  • 4,521 posts
Usefull links:

http://www.gotfrag.com/css/demos/
De_losttemple_pro map
De_contra map
De_russka map
zBlock for servers
CEVO server live and settings configs
How to make a live on 3 restarts script
De_cpl_mill map
De_cpl_fire map

Morra

Morra
  • GA Private
  • 1,958 posts
  • xfire:ubermicro54
  • Interests:Pure pwnage, gaming, metal gear
  • Gamer Army ID:1034
Tis a good guide, I vote for sticky when its done or at least merge it with with Joby's guide.
Im a total noob at competitive Css so i cant contribute anything, but this guide does seem useful.

XxSystemxX

XxSystemxX
  • Members
  • 4,521 posts
Uhh, no, dont want it merged. Would look ugly cause Joby's style is way different. Sticky it or just leave it as it is, I have it in my sig anyway, so people can click it.

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
  • xfire:mantrousse
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mantrousse
  • Gamer Army ID:2055
  • Company:Gamma
this is shit man..

lololololol joking. Had to do that since i'm speaking to you on Xfire.

Sweet guide man, you got the picking spots on lock and the strats look A-class. And the spray help in priceless.

Good to see i've taught you well.

Overall, it's pretty sick. Can't wait to see it expanded on.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
Sticky. Now.

You also might want to add that you'd want to keep Shadow detail on High, so you can see when people are coming around corners, etc.

And you might want to add that the UK terms for finding scrims aren't the same as US terms (most US players would go "wtf?" to "ON/OFF" lol).

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Madness`

Madness`
  • GA Private
  • 145 posts
  • xfire:madness902
  • Gamer Army ID:1899
Good stuff, im gonna try that pistol strat tonight, after i try to explain it to my team =\
IPB Image

-Checkmate-

-Checkmate-
  • Banned
  • 2,236 posts
  • xfire:checkmate1337
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:3211
this seems very well done and helpful. i definitely will give it a look , a great contribution to the fps section.

EDIT: would you recommend cassey's config, (i think that's what its called), because when i made a thread about a config that would match my specs every1 recommended cassey's config

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
  • Interests:Counter-Strike, Chess, computer hardware, music, literature, film and philosophy.
My post has been merged with the first post. If you were looking for information previously located here, please look at the first post.
Kazzerax
BROUGHT TO BEAR ON CHAOS TO IMPOSE WILL UPON AN UNCARING AND INDIFFERENT UNIVERSE
Beautiful

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ Jun 18 2007, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In #sourceinvite, professional players get ops and cal/cevo main players get peon. This man had neither icon_surprised.gif)

You have to PM someone with your SteamID to get op'd. He probably didn't want to bother, not a lot of people do.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Blackened

Blackened
  • GA Private
  • 2,262 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1658
Good Guide. Sticky. Please.

I found this useful, Thanks Systems... Also Kazzerax, that was also very helpful.

-Checkmate-

-Checkmate-
  • Banned
  • 2,236 posts
  • xfire:checkmate1337
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:3211
embarrasing to admit, but i did not know that technique for spray control. extremely helpful, not only do i hit people more often, but i reload less and kill larger groups of people... well not really kill all the time but heavily damage.

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Jun 18 2007, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have to PM someone with your SteamID to get op'd. He probably didn't want to bother, not a lot of people do.

Sounds like an excuse, cause after I called him on it he went quiet in that channel, and kept on in sourcescrim.
Kazzerax
Beautiful

XxSystemxX

XxSystemxX
  • Members
  • 4,521 posts
Thanks for all the contributions, especially Kazzerax :}. Will edit first post with a link to your message.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Nice little read..Sticky for the sake of all dem noobs asking shit all the time, thumbsup.gif

XxSystemxX

XxSystemxX
  • Members
  • 4,521 posts
Me and Kazzerax will be uploading alot of demos explaining good legal / illegal positions on maps, how to flash on certain maps, how to smoke on certain maps, a demo of m4 and ak recoil, and some really nice tricks on a few maps.

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
Updated my post.
Kazzerax
Beautiful

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ Jun 19 2007, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Coolest thing you can ever do on dust2.
http://ffauploads.com/nukeflash.rar
Practical application? You go long a and there's at least 1 person on the bombsite side of CT spawn, but you have no more smokes and that CT awper on B platform is pretty fucking good.

How to Flash Nuke Rafters without getting owned
http://ffauploads.com/nukeflash.rar

I didnt download them, but are these the same file? Just something I noticed.

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
QUOTE (TreeWombat @ Jun 19 2007, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didnt download them, but are these the same file? Just something I noticed.

Thanks for that. Fixed.
Kazzerax
Beautiful

syk0n4ut_Xo0M

syk0n4ut_Xo0M
  • Members
  • 1,189 posts
  • xfire:ripper908
  • Xbox / GFWL:Syk0naut
  • PSN:<----Ghey
  • Wii:Not Yet
Sticky pl0x.
Your local pirate, and skier.