Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Systems and Kaz's Source Guide

* * * * - 10 votes

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

Madness`

Madness`
  • GA Private
  • 145 posts
  • xfire:madness902
  • Gamer Army ID:1899
Hello.
can someone please tell me some really good places to go at A on d2. I hold B with another team mate, and 1 plays mid, whilst 2 others play A, but all the time its seems they get picked, and retaking a is hard from short.

anyway, anybody got anygood places to go, sometimes my A team even goes in CT spawn icon_rolleyes.gif

where should they be waiting, 1 short box and 1 platform?, any good info is helpfull.
IPB Image

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
  • xfire:kazzerax
  • Interests:Counter-Strike, Chess, computer hardware, music, literature, film and philosophy.
  • Steam ID:kazzerax
  • Gamer Army ID:764
QUOTE (Madness` @ Jul 13 2007, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello.
can someone please tell me some really good places to go at A on d2. I hold B with another team mate, and 1 plays mid, whilst 2 others play A, but all the time its seems they get picked, and retaking a is hard from short.

anyway, anybody got anygood places to go, sometimes my A team even goes in CT spawn icon_rolleyes.gif

where should they be waiting, 1 short box and 1 platform?, any good info is helpfull.

The main deal about holding A with just 2 players is switching it up, and making sure the middle player gets a pick or 2. Good places for long a include:the corner peeking the door with AWP, the platform on the little stairs, changing his height a lot with AWP, and the stone box next to the big wood box at Long, with a rifle.

Make sure if he's playing the platform, that the short a player is seen from short a before they'll see the awp, otherwise he'll just get owned.

For short a: Behind the box is useless if the other team knows how to check it correctly. Try getting on the ledge looking at short. Or gay pocket (the small pocket directly in front of you if you're going short a from mid) is pretty effective if they aren't expecting it. Also, he can play on those weird ass tan objects in the path, looking at short a. Also he can play from the other side of the platform with an AWP, but I don't recomend that, because they'll almost always get in.
Kazzerax
MOTHERFUCKING ENTITY OF THE WORLD
A PORTION OF GLORIOUS THOUGHT
ELECTRICITY SHAPED TO REASON
FORGED THROUGH THE FIRES OF LIFE
BROUGHT TO BEAR ON CHAOS TO IMPOSE WILL UPON AN UNCARING AND INDIFFERENT UNIVERSE
TO FORGE FROM NOTHING, SOMETHING
Beautiful

Madness`

Madness`
  • GA Private
  • 145 posts
  • xfire:madness902
  • Gamer Army ID:1899
thanks kaz.

any tips on retaking A, its a challenge from short, good people seem to throw a flash, wait 5 seconds and then throw another, then like a nade, which wastes about 10 secons of my time ,if i get fully blinded. then they always just peek there head out, which is a pretty hard shot, or they have a awper there :|

does throwing flashes over the building from short blind a site well enough? or should i goto box and throw into the site?.
IPB Image

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
  • Interests:Counter-Strike, Chess, computer hardware, music, literature, film and philosophy.
There's 2 things to retaking A. First is making sure that the middle awper or the B awper look at long a from the B ramp, to make sure that:if they went long a they lose 1-2 people, and that if they went short a, they can't go back to long. Send the other awp to long, and the rifle to short. Make sure the rifle keeps a flash, then right before the long a rotator peeks pit, he flashes over long so anyone in pit is blind. Then that guy should be able to cover you from long, while you work short. Flashing over the building can work, but I generally have to use my preflashes at b and whatnot so I usually just try to own them.
Kazzerax
BROUGHT TO BEAR ON CHAOS TO IMPOSE WILL UPON AN UNCARING AND INDIFFERENT UNIVERSE
Beautiful

Enkidutorix

Enkidutorix
  • GA Private
  • 390 posts
  • xfire:enkidutorix
  • Interests:Favorite tv shows: Code Geass, Death Note, Smallville.

Favorite internet show: Pure Pwnage obviously :P

Favorite group: Billy Talent, Gorillaz

Favorite games: GoldenEye, Super Smash Brothers, Counter-Strike.

Favorite sports: Hockey, Soccer and Broomball.

Name: Manu
    Languages: French and English
  • Gamer Army ID:2244
  • Company:Charlie
Nice guide pp_smiley7.gif

pickupstix60

pickupstix60
  • Members
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Just about everything
  • Xbox / GFWL:lol 12 year olds
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
just wanted to say thanks again for the guide; got a new PC and I am actually able to play up to speed with everyone else icon_smile.gif so the tips on here really helped me!

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
QUOTE (pickupstix60 @ Jul 17 2007, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just wanted to say thanks again for the guide; got a new PC and I am actually able to play up to speed with everyone else icon_smile.gif so the tips on here really helped me!

No problem. If you have any more questions just post icon_smile.gif
Kazzerax
Beautiful

Predd

Predd
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Thanks for the info, really useful stuff. But I was wondering...how do you watch the demo's that you guys uploaded? I hope that isnt a dumb question but it aint workin for me

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Predd @ Jul 18 2007, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the info, really useful stuff. But I was wondering...how do you watch the demo's that you guys uploaded? I hope that isnt a dumb question but it aint workin for me

Put the demo in your username/counter-strike source/cstrike folder, then go into CSS, open console, and type "playdemo demoname", of course replacing "demoname" with the actual name.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Terje

Terje
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • xfire:terjek
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Jul 18 2007, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Put the demo in your username/counter-strike source/cstrike folder, then go into CSS, open console, and type "playdemo demoname", of course replacing "demoname" with the actual name.

Is it possible to watch them without having Source? downloaded all of them and found i couldnt open any icon_razz.gif
Message me @ Xfire at any time for some starcraft :)

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Terje @ Jul 18 2007, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it possible to watch them without having Source?

Nope.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

raiL.

raiL.
  • Members
  • 735 posts
  • xfire:the1kyle
  • Xbox / GFWL:rail2
QUOTE (Terje @ Jul 18 2007, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it possible to watch them without having Source? downloaded all of them and found i couldnt open any icon_razz.gif

Imagine taking a crap without having an ass icon_surprised.gif .
After this battle we laugh at the thought, innocence "remorse" I scream for...

Twizzler Mark 4

Twizzler Mark 4
  • Members
  • 3,583 posts
  • xfire:twizzlermark4
QUOTE (raiL. @ Jul 22 2007, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Imagine taking a crap without having an ass icon_surprised.gif .

...that was genious icon_biggrin.gif
Ever wonder why you click something?Is it because your curious or bored.

^everyone dose this...........I just wanna be loved
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

slomotion

slomotion
  • Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • xfire:slomotion
  • Xbox / GFWL:PZA1
hey do you have any tips for cpl fire?

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
QUOTE (slomotion @ Jul 23 2007, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey do you have any tips for cpl fire?

I'll post some up after my practice with my team tonight.
Kazzerax
Beautiful

slomotion

slomotion
  • Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • xfire:slomotion
  • Xbox / GFWL:PZA1
k thx

raiL.

raiL.
  • Members
  • 735 posts
QUOTE (slomotion @ Jul 24 2007, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
k thx

Im fairly new to fire and have only played sands and A halls... But the advice I can give is:

CT- When their pushing CAL halls, make sure who ever is watching A halls keeps looking that direction and isnt exposed to CAL halls. I big mistake people make is having both players concentrate at the CAL halls and the T's flank you through A halls.

CT - nade stacking mid is a good thing for eco rounds (from what Ive done).

T- This map is a lot like nuke, the CT's get cocky and push... ALOT. If you wait the first 30 seconds around the map you will probably get a pick.

T- Places your most vulnerable on T side is a CAL hall push, and a B halls push. If they flash mid, theirs probably someone pushing CAL halls...

Im REALLY new to fire but I really like it, I might be wrong about those tips but their what Ive assembled so far...

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
M-m-m-monster update!
Kazzerax
Beautiful

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
Woot woot.

raiL.

raiL.
  • Members
  • 735 posts
Wow Im at the very bottom of the thread... I win! Any who I could probably contribute to strategy's if you guys need any...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users