Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ever Gotten a free system?

* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
Today a friend gave me a game gear with 2 games. Its HUUUUGE! Like, a freaking laptop! It was free though and it came with 2 games. Sonic 2 and sonic Blast. Sweet deal IMO

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
Yeah, getting things for free usually is a pretty good deal...
IPB Image

8455M4N___

8455M4N___
  • Members
  • 574 posts
  • xfire:bassmanpaul
  • Interests:.gnirob si flesym tuoba gniklat
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bassmanpaul
  • Wii:3320414299139634
Just got a brand new DS lite from nintendo coz mine had a faulty mike, that count?

Lol yer i used to get loads of family members, in fact i think i got a master system for xmas 3 years running w00t!

thezombiemessia

thezombiemessia
  • GA Private
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Games, writing, reading, computers, philosophy, fucked up things, fucked up games, fucked up writing...<br /><br />My main interest is Zombies and Resident Evil (Which isnt a zombie game BTW).
  • Xbox / GFWL:thezombiemessia
  • Wii:1308400328576916
  • Gamer Army ID:2164
Do Christmas and Birthday presents count?

I got all of my PCs and my Laptop handed down to me.

My Gamecube, Playstation, Master System 2, Mega Drive 2, DS and SNES were all given to me as presents.

My Playstation 2, Wii, GBA SP and 360 were all paid for by myself.
Visit me at:

http://www.myspace.com/thezombiemessia

Resident Evil Collection - http://thezombiemess...a...og&id=15945

Games Collection - http://thezombiemess...a...og&id=15461

storyline + gameplay>>>>graphics

Spadge

Spadge
  • GA Private
  • 585 posts
  • xfire:spadge
  • Interests:crap, tbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ninja Gerald
  • Wii:a huge number
  • Gamer Army ID:2764
I won a GBC on a raffle years ago ^^

Guest_Sethasstor_*

Guest_Sethasstor_*
  • Guests
I too got a GameGear for free a while back, that thing is huge, 6 AA batteries, but for its time the color is just amazing

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Metroid games, Nintendo, Guitar, Hockey (Maple Leafs fan), Basketball (Toronto Raptors), music includes metallica, dragonforce, trivium, megadeth, pantera and MeTroiD Metal. favourite game of all time is super metroid, love LOTR movies, simply enjoy a nice time chilling with my friends going out to eat or drink (i don't drink but keep them company of course) or just chilling at someones place, watching stuff, talking or playing Wii sports which is the next best new thing to do :) oh and megaman because MegamanXLanDarkZero said so :)
  • Xbox / GFWL:The Man Toss
  • Wii:2302372127657498
a brothers friend drop their PS2 and the system tray got fucked up, so they bought another one and gave us the broken one, so we exchanged it for a refurbished one for $100, it's almost free, at the time the $100 was good compared to the price PS2's were selling at the time

Silverslug

Silverslug

Best Console Contributor 2006

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
  • xfire:fruitsofherwomb
  • Xbox / GFWL:fruitsofherwomb
  • Gamer Army ID:118
the Gamegear is basicly the size of the regular gameboy just a little bigger i think... i hafta pull them out to be sure..

But the GG screen>GB for sure.

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (Silverslug @ Jun 18 2007, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the Gamegear is basicly the size of the regular gameboy just a little bigger i think... i hafta pull them out to be sure..

But the GG screen>GB for sure.

Its built like a tank! Haha. Its a lot bigger then the original gameboy, and heavier, but just as thick. Seriously, With the power adapter its like 3 pounds!
Ooh! 5 years ago a friend gave me pokemon blue for free! too bad I didn't own a GB at the time.

turdman

turdman
  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:xTurdmanx
  • Wii:0945094816419466
QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Jun 18 2007, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

unless its aids

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

Oct 2007 - Mario Kart DS Tournament winner or something

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:CS, console gaming, basketball, movies.
  • Xbox / GFWL:anucadivad
  • Wii:5446973000736267
I thought you meant, like, in a contest or something.

I got my NES, SNES, N64, and PS2 as gifts.

Yes, Game Gear was pretty cool, but mine broke down eventually. The only thing that sucked about it was that it was such a battery hog.

-Fistvsface

-Fistvsface
  • GA Private
  • 579 posts
  • xfire:whatryoulookingat
  • PSN:Fistvsface
  • Wii:6308510389223278
  • Gamer Army ID:3746
Actually, I got my NES when I was like.. three or four from a family friend that didn't want it anymore, along with 27 games. I was extremely stoked about it because I used to play duck hunt and SMB like a madman at my uncle's house back then.

Guest_Sethasstor_*

Guest_Sethasstor_*
  • Guests
Only console i've got for free was my Atari 2600, i must've had 60 games for that bad boy. They used different types of cartridges and somehow i broke it so i could only play the one type, it sucked

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2994
I've never gotten a console for free. I've gotten a few games for free over the years though.

-Checkmate-

-Checkmate-
  • Banned
  • 2,236 posts
  • xfire:checkmate1337
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:3211
i got a n64, good times with mario kart. i remember the times when we would play on that one map with 4 small towers and we would all get as much green shells as possible and keep launching them, and since there was no areas you could fall off of, as soon as you would take on step into the base floor you would be bombarded with green shells.

_corb

_corb
  • GA Private
  • 1,058 posts
  • xfire:dashadowphantom
  • Xbox / GFWL:JerrelyCorb
  • Wii:24034574-4194405
  • Gamer Army ID:3868
Free wii for lining up when there was a ps3 launch line, because i was the first to line up at the ps3 launch line, and they thought I was getting a ps3, and they thought I did a brave thing pissing all the fanboys off till last minute. Got me a free wii anyways icon_biggrin.gif (I could have bought a ps3 if I wanted to, but nope)

Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 705 posts
  • Steam ID:Seantbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Seantbh
Reggie gave me a free Wii.

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:plays guitar.
I've never gotten any gaming stuff free. icon_sad.gif Will you give me one? icon_sad.gif

QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Jun 19 2007, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't you know that the best things in life are free.

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2994
QUOTE (Gentleman Boyce @ Jun 18 2007, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to Wiki:

Game Gear:
o dimensions: 20cm x 11,3cm x ?

Game Boy:
o 90mm(W) 148mm(H) 32mm(D)/3.5 5.8 1.3 (inch)

Also, here's why the Game Gear was better.

The Game Gear was a pretty awesome system. I remember my friend having one and thinking it was the best thing ever. Also, I love how much video commercials used to talk smack about other consoles. Ah, the good old days.

Anonymous1c4

Anonymous1c4
  • Members
  • 2,071 posts
QUOTE (Gentleman Boyce @ Jun 19 2007, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When the Saturn came out, I was camping out for one when I suddenly felt this intense pain surrounding me.

It was Segata. He was looking right at me. He quickly grabbed me, threw me into a wall and punched me in the face. I was honoured that he had chosen me to receive this beat down from the one and only. He then threw me in front of an on-coming train. He told me that if I survived it, he would give me a free Saturn which he would sign with my blood. I knew right there and then that I had to choose my destiny. I could have left the train track and bought a PlayStation. I looked at the train as it quickly gained on me. I thought to myself.

"This is it, it's all over, but at least I'll die a winner."

As I said it to myself, I remembered that today was my birthday. July 8th 1995. I had just turned four years old. I felt an intense power surge through my body. I made the right choice and I ran towards the train and ripped it in half with my nose alone. I didn't stop running, I kept going until I was at the other side and my body was on fire.

I looked back at the mayhem in which I had just dealt out. I cared not for the dead people on board. I looked further into the distance and I saw a tall man, it was Segata. He was giving me the thumbs up.

We went out for a pizza afterwards and we laughed at the people putting pre-orders for the PSX in. We shared jokes like "Sony who?" "Playstation what?"

Erm...

To cut a long story short, Segata gave me a Saturn.

Boyce: Grant...me... POWERRR!!!

<[BoYc3]> Sausage on my frying pan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users