Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

24" which one to go for ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

slixx

slixx
  • Members
  • 280 posts
  • xfire:j4ck3luk
  • Interests:nosey
i want to but a 24" monitor for gameing and movies need some help on finding a good one price range about 400-600 gbp
from either ebuyer.com or overclockers.com

i defo want the monitor to be hd rdy not sure which is the best or the difference between hdcp and hdmi.

thanks for your help guys/girls.

Strike

Strike
  • Members
  • 209 posts
I wish my monitor was hd ready:( GL WITH THAT!

Edit: Seriously tho you're mixing HDTV's with computer monitors if I'm correct. Or you want a 24'' HDTV? I wouldn't blow more money on a 24'' HDTV than just get a huge HDTV or a 24'' Monitor...

dewoo

dewoo
  • Members
  • 710 posts
QUOTE (Strike @ Jun 17 2007, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish my monitor was hd ready:( GL WITH THAT!

Edit: Seriously tho you're mixing HDTV's with computer monitors if I'm correct. Or you want a 24'' HDTV? I wouldn't blow more money on a 24'' HDTV than just get a huge HDTV or a 24'' Monitor...

most monitors today are HD ready (or almost). if you run 1280x1024 you have MORE than HD ready...

you do know that a HD tv has 1280x720(921 600 pixles) res and a 24" has 1900x1200(2 302 800). if you plan to game or watch (full)HD tv it's much better with a 24" monitor.

what is your video source?

how about this? it has HDMI
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people.

dewoo

dewoo
  • Members
  • 710 posts
doh dubble post!
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people.

RaiDer

RaiDer
  • Members
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Probably something to do with W33d.
What GPU do you have?

Strike

Strike
  • Members
  • 209 posts
QUOTE (dewoo @ Jun 17 2007, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
most monitors today are HD ready (or almost). if you run 1280x1024 you have MORE than HD ready...
you do know that a HD tv has 1280x720(921 600 pixles) res and a 24" has 1900x1200(2 302 800). if you plan to game or watch (full)HD tv it's much better with a 24" monitor.

what is your video source?

how about this?

Yeah I was kind of going about knowing that. Id roughly assume since older TVs run arroung the 700 pixel resolution and that 1280x1024 has been out for some time I'd assume it would be hard to buy a monitor that is smaller. I just don't use the term HD ready when I'm talking about computer monitors so yeah... I was being sarcastic. He was talking about HDMI and all that other stuff so I associated it with HDTV's since I don't usually see monitors with them but don't doubt the possibility.

TriXR4Kidz

TriXR4Kidz
  • Members
  • 1,076 posts
  • xfire:TriXR4Kidz
When buying an LCD monitor online, check their return policy!!! Some monitors come with dead pixels, wether it be only on some colors, or they come in after a few days or weeks...

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
get the dell 24'' - it has a full spectrum of inputs which will let u run your console through it, its dot pitch, response time, and contrast are wonderful. its full 1920 resolution.

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

Best HW & SW Contributor 08 & 09

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dont like
  • PSN:Completely detest
  • Wii:Cant afford
QUOTE (DougHChrist @ Jun 17 2007, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
get the dell 24'' - it has a full spectrum of inputs which will let u run your console through it, its dot pitch, response time, and contrast are wonderful. its full 1920 resolution.

I would have to agree with dell there, looks like you can get it here for a good price, is a lot more expensive on the dell website for some reason.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

RaiDer

RaiDer
  • Members
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Probably something to do with W33d.
Hmm yea... WHAT GPU!?!? I'd seriously fuckin' lol if you guys are like, "yea get this one it's massive and it owns! xD", only for him to get it home and not be able to game in it's native res.. icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Komet@How To Ask a HW Question @ May 19 2006, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you feel like you have a problem with the operation or performance of your PC's components, or have a question about purchasing parts for your current computer, we need to know what you have inside that magic box so we can give you relevant and accurate suggestions and solutions to your situation.

slixx

slixx
  • Members
  • 280 posts
  • xfire:j4ck3luk
  • Interests:nosey
QUOTE (RaiDer @ Jun 18 2007, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm yea... WHAT GPU!?!? I'd seriously fuckin' lol if you guys are like, "yea get this one it's massive and it owns! xD", only for him to get it home and not be able to game in it's native res.. icon_rolleyes.gif

i will be running 2x8800 gtx thats more than anuff power for 24" gameing.now can you advise a good monitor

what do you think about this monitor http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....510&subcat=

better than the dell ?

Murvin

Murvin
  • Banned
  • 76 posts
Get the Dell.

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

Best HW & SW Contributor 08 & 09

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dont like
  • PSN:Completely detest
  • Wii:Cant afford
QUOTE (slixx @ Jun 18 2007, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i will be running 2x8800 gtx thats more than anuff power for 24" gameing.now

Dude, you dont need 2 to power a 24" wide, you'd be fine with just 1 8800GTX TBH

As to the monitor, just go with the dell, they are renown for quality big screen LCDs

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

andytom

andytom
  • Members
  • 900 posts
QUOTE (7h3 n00b m4573r @ Jun 18 2007, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As to the monitor, just go with the dell, they are renown for quality big screen LCDs

QFT, I've got a dell 20 inch widescreen and I love it.
Silence is Golden.

SaII

SaII
  • Members
  • 208 posts
  • xfire:saiii
acer LCDs are awesome

6ms gtg

God needs to open source his code, it sucks we have to wait for all those scientists to reverse engineer his stuff. [Jokes for nerds]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users