Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Official Photography Thread.

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
1092 replies to this topic

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Jun 2 2011, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need one of those! Link me to that plz!

Just search on eBay for Nikon Coffee Cup or something, I'm lucky I got mine as I believe it's breaking some kind of copyright law by being made in a chinese factory.. eBay loss prevention told me to get all my money back and didn't give me a reason, pulled all his auctions down .. but I still got the item

Elite-Tek

Elite-Tek

MotmNov07/teh_greeterer/Best Overall Poster & PP-StuffSavant

• GA Private
  • 3,943 posts
  • xfire:Elite-Tek
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage Fan Meets.<br /><br />The Fan Meet Regulars.<br /><br />Traveling.<br /><br />Helping out the less fortunate.
  • Xbox / GFWL:EliteTek
  • PSN:To Be Announced
  • Wii:To Be Announced
I'm half tempted to get the pimped out Sigma Cannon mount coffee cups they've got happening, $18 delivered from Hong Kong full dodgey Canon Branding all over it too!

Also, i'm a starting photographer so be gentle, this is photos of last nights dinner taken with the 50D / Tamron 70-300mm cheapo lense.

Oh and this creepy ass possum i found on my way home the other night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- [ :: THIS JUST IN :: ] -
Danoli3 - With a Boost of Sard says:
George Kovacs was a black man
EliteTek says : Sigged.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (Elite-Tek @ Jun 2 2011, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm half tempted to get the pimped out Sigma Cannon mount coffee cups they've got happening, $18 delivered from Hong Kong full dodgey Canon Branding all over it too!

That's another thing, half the NIKON COFFEE CUP MUG LOLZ A+ auctions are actually just Canon mugs sold to morons that don't check auctions lol

But if you're half switched on you can get the right ones, I think I was lucky with mine because it looks and feels SO real, it's not as real as a real one dismantled, but then again, I only paid $8.50 (free P&S)

Some are going for buy it now $29 with $15 shipping, some are a lot less

Speaking of coffee, this is what I had after coffee, yesterday..

Gotta get my mate to hook his shop up with a facebook page or something so I can start posting pics of what I eat there for the world to enjoy

Elite-Tek

Elite-Tek

• GA Private
  • 3,943 posts
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage Fan Meets.<br /><br />The Fan Meet Regulars.<br /><br />Traveling.<br /><br />Helping out the less fortunate.
Omgawd, that picture is so good.. It almost feels like i could eat it through the page.

*headbutts monitor*..

Nope.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
Jesus christ nevermore.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ Jun 2 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jesus christ nevermore.

LOL

E-tek, knife shot and last burger/wine shot are pretty win

That lens, is like .. super good at macro?

For a long lens it seems to be doing pretty gooooood

Elite-Tek

Elite-Tek

• GA Private
  • 3,943 posts
http://www.teds.com....mm-f-4-5-5-6-ld

And for the price, you can't say no.

lol, to get that knife shot i had to stand half way across my house, also Nevermore let me know when your going out to another gig / event i need to get photos other than the ones i get of inanimate objects, need people subjects, events, gigs ANYTHING.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (Elite-Tek @ Jun 2 2011, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.teds.com....mm-f-4-5-5-6-ld

And for the price, you can't say no.

lol, to get that knife shot i had to stand half way across my house, also Nevermore let me know when your going out to another gig / event i need to get photos other than the ones i get of inanimate objects, need people subjects, events, gigs ANYTHING.

Get a thrifty 50mm 1.8 and a set of cheap macro tubes off eBay and you're set for ultra super mega up close to things for a macro shot.. see my bee/ant picture for an example of a $150 lens on $14 macro tubes

As for events, can do, I'll forward on any facebook event invites for things I'm heading to

Just put up a set of my mates new car,

http://cars.parkdup....ndores/pinky-s/

I'll probably pull a couple of the duplicates down, never really sure of half the shots I take until I see them all laid out one after the other and I go into cull mode,

Always remember, quality > quantity..

Elite-Tek

Elite-Tek

• GA Private
  • 3,943 posts
Nice shots dude, that's at the spit isn't it?

Also i'm trying to find something to go out and shoot this weekend any ideas? Also yeah i'm going to have to get onto eBay tomorrow and do some mass purchases, PAYDAY!

God i'm poor..

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (Elite-Tek @ Jun 2 2011, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice shots dude, that's at the spit isn't it?

No way, nice little local spot icon_wink.gif

eBay is a scary place, I spend way too much some times icon_sad.gif

But I'm using all of the stuff I do buy, so it's not so bad

Elite-Tek

Elite-Tek

• GA Private
  • 3,943 posts
I know you've got a Nikon setup but do you have any Canon equipment up for grabs, if so cost me and i'll buy it straight up.

GrimMasterShadowFlash

GrimMasterShadowFlash
  • Members
  • 732 posts
  • xfire:mikemayhem1234
My 20mm is supposed to come in today icon_biggrin.gif within a few hours (my UPS guy always delivers around 5-7pm).

Will post images/thoughts once it's arrived & i've had a little bit of time to use it & get a feel for it.

ps: Nevermore, Why are you eating snakes' heads man?

UPDATE: It's here.

First thoughts: Very well made. The lens mount is very, very solid. The overall construction of the lens is great. Focus ring is super smooth. The full-time manual is something i'll have to get used to. and the USM is exactly what it is advertised to be, super fast, and damn near silent.

After having used it for a while, it's really, really awesome. At f/2.8 it's pretty damn sharp. At f/3.5-4, it's AMAZING how sharp this lens is. I was surprised. For $440, I think it's safe to say I got an awesome deal.

Edited by GrimMasterShadowFlash, 03 June 2011 - 06:30 PM.

RX-7's fo' life yo.

Starskream

Starskream
  • Members
  • 71 posts
QUOTE (Elite-Tek @ Jun 1 2011, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Derp

GrimMasterShadowFlash

GrimMasterShadowFlash
  • Members
  • 732 posts
Test shots with the 20mm...

I love it.
RX-7's fo' life yo.

Starskream

Starskream
  • Members
  • 71 posts
What is that walkie talky thing on the top of your camera? i see alot of skate photographers with them.

GrimMasterShadowFlash

GrimMasterShadowFlash
  • Members
  • 732 posts
QUOTE (Starskream @ Jun 5 2011, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is that walkie talky thing on the top of your camera? i see alot of skate photographers with them.

That's a pocketwizard. It enables your flash units to be wireless.
RX-7's fo' life yo.

denwO

denwO

Tetris n00b

• Retired Staff
  • 1,964 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:8
QUOTE (GrimMasterShadowFlash @ Jun 5 2011, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Test shots with the 20mm...

I love it.

Sweet, do you find vignetting a problem? I thought about getting one of these myself actually.. Still undecided - might eventually go for the 16-35 instead.. >.<

Troy :(

Maxorhead666

Maxorhead666
  • Members
  • 279 posts
  • Steam ID:maxnizle1
  • PSN:maxnizle1
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Jun 1 2011, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get a thrifty 50mm 1.8 and a set of cheap macro tubes off eBay and you're set for ultra super mega up close to things for a macro shot.. see my bee/ant picture for an example of a $150 lens on $14 macro tubes

As for events, can do, I'll forward on any facebook event invites for things I'm heading to

Just put up a set of my mates new car,

http://cars.parkdup....ndores/pinky-s/

I'll probably pull a couple of the duplicates down, never really sure of half the shots I take until I see them all laid out one after the other and I go into cull mode,

Always remember, quality > quantity..

Jelly. That is all.

ULx1KcF.jpg

Battlelog: maxnizle1

GrimMasterShadowFlash

GrimMasterShadowFlash
  • Members
  • 732 posts
QUOTE (denwO @ Jun 5 2011, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sweet, do you find vignetting a problem? I thought about getting one of these myself actually.. Still undecided - might eventually go for the 16-35 instead.. >.<

Well vignetting isn't a problem on my camera, because it's a crop-frame body. If you have a full-frame camera, yeah I'd imagine it'd be pretty profound.

Aside from that...

Love this camera. It's been my workhorse ever since I got it & it hasn't let me down... although lately it's been slipping. Dials stop working suddenly... batteries are shorting out. I think it's time to save up & buy another body... I'm thinking a 50D. I like the body style, which is almost identical to the 40D (hence why I like it so much), and I don't have enough for a full-frame body yet, and the 50D is just under the price that would be expensive, so that's why I'm considering it.

Sadly, I think the good ol' 40D will be put on reserve soon.

In other news, I've been looking at a lot of flash units recently. I was thinking I would get a Canon 580 EXII as my main flash, then use some cheaper SB800's for the secondary units if needed. What say you guys?

Edited by GrimMasterShadowFlash, 09 June 2011 - 09:15 AM.

RX-7's fo' life yo.

Starskream

Starskream
  • Members
  • 71 posts
I decided to take a risk and quit my software development course. I had really lost all interest in it and could not bring myself to complete anymore of the set work, it was all so similar and heart achingly boring. I decided i would take a risk with life as i don't do much and take a college course on photography. I had my interview and the tutor said my photos were very good and i had a natural eye for it (i had explained i knew nothing technical wise and just shot) But yeah thought i would just let you all know in the photography thread haha, i am aware how difficult it is to make a living from photography but i really don't want to see myself in 10 years at an office with no heart or soul left and looking back thinking i should of taken a risk.

cool story, bro?

Anyway the college lets you borrow a 450D for 2 days out of the week, this is alot better then my nikon l110 but 2 days doesnt seem enough so i am going to need a new camera, we have discussed them before but know i have about 450 to spend on a camera and lense so i was wondering peoples thoughts.

Thanks alot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users