Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Official Photography Thread.

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
1092 replies to this topic

Syntra

Syntra
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts
  • xfire:MSN
  • Steam ID:SyntraIsCool
  • Xbox / GFWL:None
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:Noplayonline
BlackCow:

1. Greatest Picture Ever?

2. Its a nice shot, theres just something I don't like about it. I can't put my finger on what, though.

3. Can't tell its HDR, Looks like you Flashed it, as there are harsh shadows in it. Meh.

4. Again, I don't know what, but there is something I don't like about this picture.

5. The trees are too Blown out for my liking. (Righthand corner) Not really anything special about it.

Also, Size your pictures down to like... 700ish pixels. Not all of us view at like... 1900x1200.
Weiman took my virginity.
Currently playing: Fallout 3 - Fifa 09 - The Orange Box

BlackCow

BlackCow
  • Members
  • 923 posts
  • xfire:blackcow237
  • Interests:Electronics and Programming
QUOTE (Syntra @ Jul 3 2007, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BlackCow:

1. Greatest Picture Ever?

2. Its a nice shot, theres just something I don't like about it. I can't put my finger on what, though.

3. Can't tell its HDR, Looks like you Flashed it, as there are harsh shadows in it. Meh.

4. Again, I don't know what, but there is something I don't like about this picture.

5. The trees are too Blown out for my liking. (Righthand corner) Not really anything special about it.

Also, Size your pictures down to like... 700ish pixels. Not all of us view at like... 1900x1200.

On the flower bush, yeah, I took it at night because I didn't want to wait till the next day to try it out. I kind of liked the hard shadows. I am also not to fond of the apple shot but other people seem to like it so, meh.

Knowing what I know now I could probably take much better photos then when I was new, I just haven't gotten around to it. Ill go out and shoot some stuff tomorrow.

Also I view at 1680 x 1050 (wide screen ftw) but yea, im kind of inconsiderate to lower resolutions. I absolutely hate it when people still run 800x600, makes web development a pain in the ass.
It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy.
*cough* Joel Gardiner twitter post non-canadians *cough*

Syntra

Syntra
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts
Yeah, TBH, I feel like I get better every time I go out and shoot.

The Moral of the story? Shoot. Alot.

Syntra

Syntra
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts
Well, I've never been too much of a fan of ducks or geese, But I had to shoot them. (and the surrounding area.) I met a super fearless one-legged goose. I named it Fearless, because it honestly had no fear. I'm not sure on the name of the park, but I found it on Local.Live. XD I had my 19-35 lens with me, and so I had to get close to get the good shots, And ol Fearless here was fine with it! It was amazing, I had my lens literally less than a foot away from him at times.

I like this picture cause the Geese kinda lead you off in a certain direction. I dunno, Critique would be nice, to be honest.

Don't follow the leader? XD. The shadowy effect is great, in my opinion.

This stick was peculiar. It had no purpose being there, and it was wedged in pretty good. I like the reflection on the water.

The migration of the geese! XD. Some guy threw out chips or something, and the geese all turned and looked over like "FOOD?" Kinda like the "MINE?" scene from Finding Nemo.

Heres Fearless in all his fearlessness. Notice the one leg. Poor guy. icon_sad.gif

I dunno why I like this shot. It has kind of a Duck looking over the rest of them feel too it, but I dunno.

And what I feel is the best, the shot I call, "Fearless". I think the shot explains itself.

Comments & Critique would be nice. icon_smile.gif

ya_ba

ya_ba

Best General Discushun Contributor | Also, do one!

• GA Private
  • 6,989 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in a lot of things buuuuuuut I'm not gonna list them, k? k ;D
  • Gamer Army ID:2645

Dude.
yael.png

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
Hmm

Ill spam up some of my pics here

Well

Thats way too many already im sure you get the idea..

I have more on my DeviantArt

My host is super slow icon_sad.gif

We3Tard

We3Tard
  • Banned
  • 739 posts
I was really hesitating to post some of my stuff here, cause I'm new to photography so my pictures aren't as great, but all of your's are fantastic, but I guess I'll do it.

Uh-oh, I guess you can see one of my limbs in that picture. :|

This is just a small bit of my stuff. If I don't get any negative comments I might post some more.

denwO

denwO

Tetris n00b

• Retired Staff
  • 1,964 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:8
We3Tard, you got some nice depth of field shizzle goin' on with the train icon_smile.gif

Nevermore those are awesome! What camera do you have?

-den icon_cool.gif

Troy :(

Guitar_clock

Guitar_clock
  • Members
  • 894 posts
  • xfire:guitarclock
QUOTE (We3Tard @ Jul 19 2007, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is just a small bit of my stuff. If I don't get any negative comments I might post some more.

Well that's not constructive thinking now is it? Do you want to get better or what? turned.gif

Syntra

Syntra
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts
I concur with the above post.

The main reason I post on here is so that people can give me help with getting better. And so that I can help people get better.

I'll go through all teh pics soon and critique.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (We3Tard @ Jul 20 2007, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was really hesitating to post some of my stuff here, cause I'm new to photography so my pictures aren't as great, but all of your's are fantastic, but I guess I'll do it.

Uh-oh, I guess you can see one of my limbs in that picture. :|

Aww don't be like that! You have to post your photos, the only way to learn is to be told. Just ignore anyone that says 'LOL THAT SUCKS' and take in any comments that actually address the problems.

QUOTE (denwO @ Jul 20 2007, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We3Tard, you got some nice depth of field shizzle goin' on with the train icon_smile.gif

Nevermore those are awesome! What camera do you have?

-den icon_cool.gif

Most of those photos were taken with my old Olympus SP-500UZ point and shoot digital camera but about a month ago I bought myself a Nikon D80 with a n 18-135mm kit lense for $1500 AUD (Retails for $2k here total icon_sad.gif )

My dad gave me his old flash from when he used to be into cameras and stuff aswell.

Im probably going to pick up a Nikkor 50mm/f1.8 lense in a few weeks if I can find the money..

Syntra

Syntra
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts
OK lets see here...

Yael/Ya_Ba:

#1: Needs cropping, maybe some cloning also. Other than that its fine.

#2: Not sharp at all, and blown out. Though you might have been going for that...

#3: Meh. You should have had the whole flower(s) in.

Nevermore:

#1: Too many distractions for my liking. A little soft on the left guy's face. and I think the right guy has a hardon, lol. Other than that its good.

#2: Same thing with Yael's, Needs more of the plant. Plus its kinda blown out. I dunno, that could just be the plant.

#3: Needs Cropping! Very Sharp, Background is a bit distracting (main reason it needs cropping) Good otherwise.

#4: Great! Could use more of the path, but still very good! Did you make it Sepia, or was it like that Naturally?

#5: Meh, no Foreground, but nice illustration of the moving water. A little soft in some areas.

#6: Great colors, but not my style of shot. Doesn't seem to have a main focus.

#7: I can't tell if this needs cropping or not. Very Sharp though, and a good subject.

#8: No Foreground, Big spot on Lens, A bit too much sky. I think if you converted that into Panoramic, it'd be awesome. Great colors!

#9: Ahh Selective Coloring, always fun. Bridge has some distracting points, but still good. Sign leads you off into the same direction that the bridge leads you, which is good.

#10: Light Painting! It would have been better if you found an empty lot, but still good. The light on the trees is awesome, along with the painted light.

#11: I'm not sure what I'm looking at here, but its awesome. Looks like Water, tbh.

#12: I'm not sure what to think of this one, Its awesome, but theres something about it I can't put my finger on.

We3tard:

#1: Meh, its OK, but you need to crop out your cars dashboard!

#2: Meh again. Cool concept, bad subject. Bottom left is bad, tbh. You shook the camera and one of your limbs is in it.

#3: I like this one, but you should crop it to get rid of useless background.

denwO

denwO

Tetris n00b

• Retired Staff
  • 1,964 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Jul 20 2007, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aww don't be like that! You have to post your photos, the only way to learn is to be told. Just ignore anyone that says 'LOL THAT SUCKS' and take in any comments that actually address the problems.
Most of those photos were taken with my old Olympus SP-500UZ point and shoot digital camera but about a month ago I bought myself a Nikon D80 with a n 18-135mm kit lense for $1500 AUD (Retails for $2k here total icon_sad.gif )

My dad gave me his old flash from when he used to be into cameras and stuff aswell.

Im probably going to pick up a Nikkor 50mm/f1.8 lense in a few weeks if I can find the money..

Sweet! I'm saving up for a D40X with a couple of lenses. It's time to go SLR icon_cool.gif

-den icon_cool.gif

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (denwO @ Jul 20 2007, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sweet! I'm saving up for a D40X with a couple of lenses. It's time to go SLR icon_cool.gif

-den icon_cool.gif

D40 = 6mp
D40X = 10mp

Is that right?

If so.. dont bother saving the extra money for the D40X .. the extra megapixels arent going to make a huge difference.. but then again if the price difference isnt too bad then go for it

Have you done a side by side look on www.dpreview.com ?

denwO

denwO

Tetris n00b

• Retired Staff
  • 1,964 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Jul 20 2007, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
D40 = 6mp
D40X = 10mp

Is that right?

If so.. dont bother saving the extra money for the D40X .. the extra megapixels arent going to make a huge difference.. but then again if the price difference isnt too bad then go for it

Have you done a side by side look on www.dpreview.com ?

Awesome link, thanks! Yes it's 10mp over 6mp but also the D40X has a one stop lower ISO which I think is quite important. Also you get slightly more fps on the continuous drive, but meh.. All-in-all the D40X is the one available on eBuyer for a good price (the price of a D40 in most high street stores) icon_smile.gif

Thanks again,

-den icon_cool.gif

chowgood

chowgood
  • Members
  • 237 posts
I'm nothing of a photographer, don't really do it that often, but I'm fond of these two pics I took about a year back. They're of a little baby magpie I looked after for my friend while he was away. What I like about these two is that they are so central, I haven't altered them in any way, and yet they look fairly perfect. That shots might not be magnificent in artistic ability but they're still good captures.

Here he is in all his glory...

And this one is horribly out of focus but so damn cute...

Gets better slightly when it's smaller icon_biggrin.gif

*SaPpHiRe*

*SaPpHiRe*

teh_momerer

• GA Private
  • 2,336 posts
  • xfire:sapphiretehninja
  • Interests:Twitter: @VeronickArt
  • Gamer Army ID:1532
Nature Photography

People

Miscellaneous

XenoX101

XenoX101
  • Members
  • 2,085 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Music
Nevermore, I think photos 2, 6, 9 & 12 are brilliant.. 2 & 12 I'd use as wallpapers

In fact, if you have a hi-res version of 12 could you post a link to it? That'd be swell.

Reaper -be-

Reaper -be-
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • xfire:darkmercenarie
Hey this is a nice topic !
I'm going to follow photography this year in my new school

grtz

Richard.

Richard.
  • Banned
  • 548 posts
One of my cats, don't like her but I think the it was a cute picture icon_razz.gif
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u29/Ric...photos/katt.jpg

4 pictures of a bird outside my house. The pictures are taken like 5-10 cm away from the bird, even touched it with the lens a few times lol.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u29/Ric...photos/fgel.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u29/Ric...hotos/fgel3.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u29/Ric...hotos/fgel2.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u29/Ric...hotos/fgel1.jpg

My dad took this picture and I think it pretty good.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u29/Ric...photos/lven.jpg

I used my fathers camera a Canon EOS 30D, it's a pretty good camera but I suck at taking pictures lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users