Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fallout 3 , lets discuss !

• Please log in to reply
661 replies to this topic

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (m3ds @ Jun 17 2007, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure that there won't be any comment box. I'm pretty sure that the hud will be similar to Oblivion and that the only real source of information will be on the pip-boy. Reading the article it seems like they're focusing on immersion and that there won't be anything on the hud other than the absolute necessities.

Another question I had is about the real time combat. When your in this real time combat are the skills still coming into effect? I mean if I aim for a guys head do a still have a 35% chance of hitting it? Or because I'm physically controlling it, does that mean my aim is all of a sudden perfect and I can hit targets 50 feet away? It's something I've been wondering about for the past while.

Lack of a comment box would be lose.. that was a great source of lulz :\

Im curious as to that actually. If the skills are taken into account for the real time well chances are it'll feel broken and painfull to play but if it isnt then real time suddenly becomes that much better than turn based to the point that it'll be pointless to play it outside of that..

/Kiron it'll still be a good game still I dont doubt but as a worthy fallout sequel I dont think so.. more than anything fallout would be characterised by its charm and story, the appeal as a sequel (atleast for me) is for it to keep those tiny little nuances that made the first games so great. My fear is that bethesda wont be able to manage that one little aspect sure they make good games but looking at both morrowind and oblivion well.. both games are good.. and as far as the free roaming rpgs that they are, they handle themselves great but they lack the same sortof appeal as either of the fallout games did imo..

I mean hell I passed morrowind's main story line once and then felt no urge to ever repeat it.. the only replayability I really got from morrowind was mods etc

With fallout it was fun redoing things differently.. I mean you try passing the game without any real combat skills.. hard as fuck but fun icon_razz.gif

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

dewoo

dewoo
  • Members
  • 710 posts
QUOTE (Kiron @ Jun 17 2007, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, if bethesda do fuck it up (which I doubt they will, maybe it won't be the "Same Fallout" but it's sure as hell gonna be a good game) you can still wait for Oscuro's Fallout overhaul icon_wink.gif

QFT

QUOTE (Karko @ Jun 17 2007, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I mean hell I passed morrowind's main story line once and then felt no urge to ever repeat it.. the only replayability I really got from morrowind was mods etc

With fallout it was fun redoing things differently.. I mean you try passing the game without any real combat skills.. hard as fuck but fun icon_razz.gif

It seems as they will make the storyline based on how you play. 9-12 endings... oblivion only had one. And in oblivion you couldn't even kill a main character if you wanted because then you couldn't complete a quest. Now many may say that oblivion is a very free game but i think not. Now im thats a part of fallout 3 that im hyped about. In fallout 3 if a guy gives you a hard time.. just blow the shit out of his head! (just like Fallout 1 + 2... complete freedom).

and i hope that the desigeners listen to what the oldschool fallout fans had to say. and i think its to early to judge this game because bethesda has alredy proven that they listen to what the people has to say and its a LOOOOONG time til fall 2008.

EDIT: it just hit me. since the pic of the super mutant was from a 360... does that mean that the game will be ported 360 > pc? aww not thoes sucky menues again!

EDIT2: whats withe the age thing at http://fallout.bethsoft.com/. is the trailer to scary?
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people.

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (dewoo @ Jun 17 2007, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems as they will make the storyline based on how you play. 9-12 endings... oblivion only had one. And in oblivion you couldn't even kill a main character if you wanted because then you couldn't complete a quest. Now many may say that oblivion is a very free game but i think not. Now im thats a part of fallout 3 that im hyped about. In fallout 3 if a guy gives you a hard time.. just blow the shit out of his head! (just like Fallout 1 + 2... complete freedom).

The endings in fallout 1/2 though were a byproduct of the character creation system as was all the freedom you had up to that point.. the developers have mentioned it several times that the only reasons people were given the choices they could as far as gamestyle was because they didnt know whether you'd even be combat capable.. having the endings listed as a feature shouldnt well.. it shouldnt HAVE to be listed as a feature xD

I dont even care if all the ending consists of is a few lines of text saying that this or that town burned horribly due to you turning half the residents into sociopathic drug addicts or something along those lines.. but like I said for a fallout game the endings and freedom need to be a byproduct of the way the character creation works and not any other way..

dewoo

dewoo
  • Members
  • 710 posts
QUOTE (Karko @ Jun 17 2007, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The endings in fallout 1/2 though were a byproduct of the character creation system as was all the freedom you had up to that point.. the developers have mentioned it several times that the only reasons people were given the choices they could as far as gamestyle was because they didnt know whether you'd even be combat capable.. having the endings listed as a feature shouldnt well.. it shouldnt HAVE to be listed as a feature xD

I dont even care if all the ending consists of is a few lines of text saying that this or that town burned horribly due to you turning half the residents into sociopathic drug addicts or something along those lines.. but like I said for a fallout game the endings and freedom need to be a byproduct of the way the character creation works and not any other way..

i don't expect it to be as good as fallout 1 + 2. I i was just making a point that fallout 3 has(as far as we know today) been improved ALOT compared to oblivion.
In oblvion: yes you can replay it with another build, but the objectives does not change. in the fallout series the entire gameplay change based on how you play... and now in fallout 3 the both meet in the mittle.

Pantsman

Pantsman
  • GA Sergeant
  • 892 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:136
After reading the GI article, I think it looks better than I'd feared, but not as good as I'd hoped.

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
NEW INFO ON FALLOUT 3 ZOMG

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/gamespace/up...;om_clk=topslot

dewoo

dewoo
  • Members
  • 710 posts
nothing new really thanks to the scans...

but there is an interview here.

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2994
I'm not sure if you guys have already seen these, but first...

Fallout 3 Swag

and second...

The most amazing cake ever!!!111!!1!!

I really, really want that cake. I wouldn't eat it though, it would just sit on my desk and eventually start to rot and be completely wasted, but it would be so awesome for a week or two.

DemomanScotboi

DemomanScotboi

MotM July '07

• Banned
  • 3,063 posts
  • xfire:henx12
  • Interests:Buyin',Sellin',Tradin',Stalkin people to make em buy 'er sell.
  • Gamer Army ID:808
QUOTE (m3ds @ Jul 2 2007, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure if you guys have already seen these, but first...

Fallout 3 Swag

and second...

The most amazing cake ever!!!111!!1!!

I really, really want that cake. I wouldn't eat it though, it would just sit on my desk and eventually start to rot and be completely wasted, but it would be so awesome for a week or two.

DO WANT that bloody mess Cake

That lunchbox is pimp aswell.

icon_biggrin.gif

also,there is a Destructoid article aswell about fallout 3 which is basically the same as the gamespot one.

but yea....the line that REALLY got me was....''This will not be the fallout you remember, but this will be a good fallout game''.

I think it just explains how they know that they can't raise the bar higher, but they will try as much as possible to get people into the universe and the whole surrouding that the games take place in.

I thought oblivion was a good game, but i didn't think it matched up to morrowind with story and quests etc...

I think the same will happen here, as the gamespot quote explains.

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:plays guitar.
Here's the latest news.

QUOTE (bit-tech.net)
Bethesda has seen fit to start the hype early for Fallout 3 which, according to the recent trailer, will be out in the Fall of 2008. In a recent early preview of the game, Joystiq got a chance to spill the beans on some of the game's features.

The first thing to confirm was the timeframe; the game is set thirty years after the events of Fallout 2 - the entire story of the awful Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel and Fallout: Tactics has been eradicated from the Fallout continuity. Thank God.

The game is also going to have a lot of weather effects, with sandstorms one of the confirmed features and a day/night cycle playing an important role. There are apparently no drivable vehicles in the game, but players can fast-travel from specific locations by using the subway system.

The RPG/FPS hybrid will also allow both real-time and turn-based combat, with turn-based combat allowing specific limb targeting just as in previous Fallout games.

Unlike Oblivion, Fallout 3 plans to have children in the game, though whether they are slayable or not still remains to be seen. There are fewer NPCs in Fallout 3 than there were Oblivion and "almost all NPCs will be killable".

In the long-term, Bethesda is considering downloadable content for the game and the possibilities of player-created mods, but nothing has been finalised yet. The game is also set to feature at least nine to twelve endings, based on play styles.

Actually though, the most interesting piece of news that's surface is regarding the stat system, which will be the same SPECIAL system as seen in Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 and will still use the Karma system to monitor reputation. Apparently there is a level 20 cap on players, with perks offered every other level. The stats system also seems to monitor 'Corpses eaten'.

"We're not talking about that stuff," Executive Producer Todd Howard said when asked about the cannibalistic stat.

Source

And also the latest official screens.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

On Fileplanet they did an interview from one of the guys at Bethesda Studios.. answers quite a few questions...

http://www.fileplanet.com/179083/170000/fi...ubscriber-Only)

Sadly, two things really made me a little sad.... he didn't mention the ability to target the groin like in Fallout 1&2... and no multiplayer what-so-ever (LOL! one of the guys doing the interview lets out a BEHEMOTH sigh as the Bethesda Studios guy says "absolutely not")..

I still have much faith in the game though that it will pwn like oblivion, and that even if it's not 100% true to us old skool Fallout players, it should still be a plenty damn amazing game.

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Jul 17 2007, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still have much faith in the game though that it will pwn like oblivion, and that even if it's not 100% true to us old skool Fallout players, it should still be a plenty damn amazing game.

Oblivion was comparatively meh to be perfectly honest and Oblivion with guns will be just as much so if not worse due purely to the fact that it was intended as a sequel..

Bethesda should rot for scrapping what was already made and bastardising it like they have done and nothing short of an actual ingame demo proving me wrong will change my mind tbh.

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
I'm not all that disappointed that there is no multi-player. There are many moments that probably wouldn't work with Fallout, unless it was presented as each person does their own thing, but at the same time can work together, sorta like crackdown. Anyways, I'd rather they focus on getting some form of good gameplay then try and implement a gimped multiplayer. But major fail if groin shots don't make the final version. Punching a rat in the groin and causing him to explode because of bloody mess was some of the best times I've ever had.

If you hadn't guessed I was talking to the Mard.

NukaCola

NukaCola
  • Members
  • 783 posts
  • xfire:mogster
  • Interests:Gaming (NES, SNES, GBA, N64, PS1, PS2, PC, Gamecube, Wii), Drumming, Music (Heavy Metal), Reading.
  • Wii:2980288691916431
I'm glad to see that people here aren't like the wild stubborn fanboys at No Mutants Allowed. Phew!
IPB Image
^ Add 22 hours to Oblivion.

dewoo

dewoo
  • Members
  • 710 posts
I just heard that the main quest line is going to be 20h long nad so is the side quest (20+20=40h) ...

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (m3ds @ Jul 16 2007, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not all that disappointed that there is no multi-player. There are many moments that probably wouldn't work with Fallout, unless it was presented as each person does their own thing, but at the same time can work together, sorta like crackdown. Anyways, I'd rather they focus on getting some form of good gameplay then try and implement a gimped multiplayer. But major fail if groin shots don't make the final version. Punching a rat in the groin and causing him to explode because of bloody mess was some of the best times I've ever had.

If you hadn't guessed I was talking to the Mard.

I bet if there will be modding abilities, we would see a groin-shot mod.. without a doupt in my mind. icon_wink.gif

QUOTE (NukaCola @ Jul 20 2007, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad to see that people here aren't like the wild stubborn fanboys at No Mutants Allowed. Phew!

Lol, yeah, some people take it a bit too far.. makes me sad. Sure, it won't be the uber leet fallout of people's dreams, but I'm sure the game will still pwn none-the-less, I bet more than Fallout Tactics too. icon_wink.gif

QUOTE (dewoo @ Jul 24 2007, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just heard that the main quest line is going to be 20h long nad so is the side quest (20+20=40h) ...

Yes, they said they're making it smaller than oblivion, but more personal and more developed.. like more voice actors.. not just one or two for human males and such, and not all saying the same lines of text just a few diff voices.. so what we lose in quantity will be gained in quality. I say a plenty fair trade-off.. once again, if third party modding is availabe? we'll probably see new campaigns up the ying-yang, and new weapons and such...

Anywho, the amount of workload compared to Fallout 2 even, will be much larger due to it being 3D, full voice acting (probably like oblivion, where there isn't a majority of NPC's with no voice.. everyone talks), and now trying to appease both old skool Fallout gamers AND new-gen gamers?? Bethesda has a load and half on their shoulders. Kudos none-the-less for EVEN continuing Fallout people, remember that.. without them? there may have never even been a chance of a Fallout 3 to even 5.

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
Bethesda finally put up an official site, so you can go there for screens, interviews, and Fallout 3 news.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/home/home.php

Todd Howard has his first diary which will be full of crap interesting things.

h3r1n6

h3r1n6

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• Global Moderators
  • 1,770 posts
  • xfire:h3r1n6
  • Interests:Gaming<br />Sports
  • Steam ID:h3r1n6
QUOTE (m3ds @ Aug 2 2007, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bethesda finally put up an official site, so you can go there for screens, interviews, and Fallout 3 news.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/home/home.php

Todd Howard has his first diary which will be full of crap interesting things.

Got me a new desktop:
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/images/downloa...6-1680x1050.jpg

yay icon_biggrin.gif

dewoo

dewoo
  • Members
  • 710 posts
new screeshots orly?

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/art/fallout3-screenshots1.html

seems like they added a motion blur effect...

dr0id

dr0id
  • Members
  • 59 posts
  • xfire:polkagrizo
  • Interests:rts
Oh my gosh... I can't wait for this game's release!!! Smokes...

To all you people who don't think this game'll rock your socks and comparing it to Oblivion, I think there is one huge aspect to consider. With Fallout, Bethesda (or how ever they want to spell it) have an RPG concept which has proven to be one of the most successful in the world. It'd take alot of guts, if not stupidity to change this so radically pissing of older fans. With Oblivion, this was not the case, so I think we can expect a lil' more from this game..

Now, does anyone have any idea of what the system requirements will be? I understand there'll be good graphics, but I sincerely hope that they won't swarm off from anyoneone with a computer that costs less than 20k (I only intend to play the game on PC) since that'd pretty much leave atleast me out of the picture ^^

Have faith! It'll be awesome (although I can't do nufn but agree on the supermutant. It was horrible)

/dr0id
Now my charms are all o'erthrown,
and what strength I have is my pwn,
which is most faint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users