Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fallout 3 , lets discuss !

• Please log in to reply
661 replies to this topic

raif

raif
  • Members
  • 46 posts
Well, since no one has posted it yet, a couple of NMA members got to a F3 demo showing through some trickery icon_razz.gif and they have typed up a preview- complete walkthrough of the demo, plus a small Q&A section, which is more informative than the other so called proffessional previews put together icon_razz.gif

NMA preview

Oh and to the people who get really exited about the "popular media" previews - reviews, like the gamespot and gamespy a.s.o. I suggest you read this little piece icon_wink.gif

and if you got more time then maybe problems with videogame journalism as well

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (dr0id @ Aug 30 2007, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh my gosh... I can't wait for this game's release!!! Smokes...

To all you people who don't think this game'll rock your socks and comparing it to Oblivion, I think there is one huge aspect to consider. With Fallout, Bethesda (or how ever they want to spell it) have an RPG concept which has proven to be one of the most successful in the world. It'd take alot of guts, if not stupidity to change this so radically pissing of older fans. With Oblivion, this was not the case, so I think we can expect a lil' more from this game..

Now, does anyone have any idea of what the system requirements will be? I understand there'll be good graphics, but I sincerely hope that they won't swarm off from anyoneone with a computer that costs less than 20k (I only intend to play the game on PC) since that'd pretty much leave atleast me out of the picture ^^
Have faith! It'll be awesome (although I can't do nufn but agree on the supermutant. It was horrible)

/dr0id

Indeed, Bethesda studios will make it good. icon_smile.gif

As for system requirements? I bet they'll only be slightly higher than Oblivion's since it's the same engine (Gamebryo Engine, was also used for Sid Meyer's Civ4).

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/bonus...&submit2=Go

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2994
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Aug 30 2007, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heyyo,
Indeed, Bethesda studios will make it good. icon_smile.gif

As for system requirements? I bet they'll only be slightly higher than Oblivion's since it's the same engine (Gamebryo Engine, was also used for Sid Meyer's Civ4).

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/bonus...&submit2=Go

It's the same engine as Civ4!!!!! I had no idea.

But ya, agreed that system requirements should only be a little bit higher, but running it on high will probably require some ridiculously expensive vid card powered by the blood of baby lambs and a CPU that'll run so hot it'll require a heatsink made of gold from the former King of Prussia.

dr0id

dr0id
  • Members
  • 59 posts
  • xfire:polkagrizo
  • Interests:rts
QUOTE (m3ds @ Aug 31 2007, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But ya, agreed that system requirements should only be a little bit higher, but running it on high will probably require some ridiculously expensive vid card powered by the blood of baby lambs and a CPU that'll run so hot it'll require a heatsink made of gold from the former King of Prussia.

Haha, "vid card powered by the blood of baby lambs" ----> me laugh much ^^

However, I think alot of the charm with the Fallout games is the 2D graphics, even though I know it might sound weird. For me atleast, it made me focus on the storyline, enjoying the whicked awesome greatness of dialogues and leaving alot of fantisising to the player when boom-headshoting one of those bad, bad drugaddicts icon_smile.gif

I'm hoping for some serious 18+ age limit, or else.... ^^

ops, gtg
Now my charms are all o'erthrown,
and what strength I have is my pwn,
which is most faint.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (m3ds @ Aug 31 2007, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed!

http://www.emergent.net/index.php/homepage...ents-and-titles

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
Sid Meierís Civilization IV (PC)
Sid Meierís Pirates! (PC and Xbox)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (PC, Xbox)
Freedom Force; Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich

All on gamebryo engine. Didn't know Pirates! was on it.. that's kickass. icon_biggrin.gif

QUOTE (dr0id @ Aug 31 2007, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, "vid card powered by the blood of baby lambs" ----> me laugh much ^^

However, I think alot of the charm with the Fallout games is the 2D graphics, even though I know it might sound weird. For me atleast, it made me focus on the storyline, enjoying the whicked awesome greatness of dialogues and leaving alot of fantisising to the player when boom-headshoting one of those bad, bad drugaddicts icon_smile.gif

I'm hoping for some serious 18+ age limit, or else.... ^^

ops, gtg

The 2D feel was great, but if done well, the 3D feel can be as good, or even better depending on the quality of models and textures.

The look and feel they had to the Van Buren version of Fallout 3 was nice, and it was 3D.

Link to the Van Buren Tech Demo of Fallout 3 from Black Isle Studios (RIP)

http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=35862

Thanks again to Leetfella_H whom I believe was the one who told me about this before. icon_smile.gif

dewoo

dewoo
  • Members
  • 710 posts
do you know what I think? I think that some people wont like F3. And thoes people will mod the crap out of it un til it the way they want it(remove that neuclar catapult, adding groin as an option and so on..). Just look at how many good homemade mods there is to Oblivion and morrowind...
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people.

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
QUOTE (dewoo @ Sep 1 2007, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do you know what I think? I think that some people wont like F3. And thoes people will mod the crap out of it un til it the way they want it(remove that neuclar catapult, adding groin as an option and so on..). Just look at how many good homemade mods there is to Oblivion and morrowind...

lol, I can already see someone trying to make an isometric camera perspective and it utterly failing. But agreed, I'm sure there will be many mods out for the game. People basically changed the core of Oblivion's difficulty system and I'm sure they'd be willing to do something like that again with this game.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (m3ds @ Sep 2 2007, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, I can already see someone trying to make an isometric camera perspective and it utterly failing. But agreed, I'm sure there will be many mods out for the game. People basically changed the core of Oblivion's difficulty system and I'm sure they'd be willing to do something like that again with this game.

Heh, I believe they already mentioned you can do turn-based mode and have the isometric camera, or something like it. icon_wink.gif

but yeah, No doupt in my brain either on mods that make it more like fallout 1&2.

raif

raif
  • Members
  • 46 posts
they never mentioned turn based anywhere, it's actually real time with pause,. Not much different than KOTOR's and NWN's in which you pause and queue up actions and then see your char perform them, and of course the gaming mag's(read "hype machine") call it revolutionary. Fallout 1's combat was revolutionary at the time, there's nothing revolutionary about bethesda's V.A.T.S.

dr0id

dr0id
  • Members
  • 59 posts
Yeah. I figure with all the graphic development that has become a fact since Fallout and Fallout 2 I think they'll have to make the whole game a whole lot less gory and bloody... I mean, just imagine choosing the "Jinx" trait and going on critically hitting with the Bozar. icon_biggrin.gif With all the publicity 18+ games seem to have in papers and media overall, I think Bethesda may make it alot less violent to reach a wider audience (noob kids ^^)

I think though that the game could really work out with the Pause, Command, Action, thingie adopting it from the Never Winter Nights series.

Nothing real new here I noticed, just repeating what everyone else said ^^ Anyones, I can't wait for it to release. Yippiii!
which is most faint.

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
For those of you asking about gore and the like, you have seen this picture, right?

I'm just assuming by that pic, that they'll do other body parts with that much detail.

raif

raif
  • Members
  • 46 posts
I mean, just imagine choosing the "Jinx" trait and going on critically hitting with the Bozar.

you sure you didn't mean Bloody Mess trait, cuz that's the one where everyone tended to die the goriest way icon_biggrin.gif

dr0id

dr0id
  • Members
  • 59 posts
QUOTE (m3ds @ Sep 3 2007, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those of you asking about gore and the like, you have seen this picture, right?

I'm just assuming by that pic, that they'll do other body parts with that much detail.

Fair enough icon_biggrin.gif
which is most faint.

(MLG) SolidKobra

(MLG) SolidKobra
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • xfire:(RTS/MLG)SolidKobra
  • Interests:Of course Hard Core gaming. I play, FPS (Halo, Unreal Tournament, Call of Duty), RTS( World of War Craft Start Craft, Starwars Galaxies), 3rd person Shooters. (Gears Of war, Armored Core) RPG( Oblivion, Blue Dragon, Final Fantasy.) Yea Really I ply to win and like to get competitive. I play more shooter type games more than anything. I believe I pwn. in Gears and if you wanna Challenge me Send me a message. Well that's all folks!!!
  • Xbox / GFWL:SolidKobraDZ
But wait what about the Charcter Creation Thing. how is that Going to be like. Is it going to me like Oblivion?? OR Smth.
SolidKobraDZ

dewoo

dewoo
  • Members
  • 710 posts
It seems as if fallout 3 has reatched my least favourite state of a game in the making: the state when they don't say shit!

first they get us all hyped about a trailer (or the fact that the game is being made). Then they give us shitloads of info and then nothing! There hasn't been a major update since the NMA scans in june! How about some ingame videos? or an explaination regarding the dialuge?
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people.

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
Haha, ya, I really don't expect any new content until next year. I read an interview a little while ago, but there wasn't a lot of new content there.

Anyways, here is a Fan Q&A.

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=755135

Korru

Korru
  • GA Private
  • 1,547 posts
  • xfire:korru
  • Interests:Music, philosophy, games even though a bit less nowadays, and anime!
  • Gamer Army ID:197
Well this is fallout related and somewhat funny:

http://deev.therion.be/swf/fallout3ea8.swf

Coincidentally it's probably how i'll be when i have the hands on the game!
You recreated your own world based on reality.You escaped to imagination, and distorted the truth It's not a dream, but a substitute for reality.

Then, where is my dream? It's a continuation of reality. Where's my reality? It's where the dream ends.

RaiDK

RaiDK
  • Members
  • 1,297 posts
  • xfire:Geshpenst
  • Xbox / GFWL:GummyBearRust
Hmm, doesn't look like those NMA people were too impressed. Then again, they basically criticized the demo for everything it did that wasn't EXACTLY like the classic Fallout games...

airsniper

airsniper
  • Banned
  • 1,143 posts
  • Interests:i often scream at clouds, kicking puddles is good too, ive been called a cyber bully, ye tbagging is fun.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
i played the first fallout on my chitty chitty bang bang pc back in the day, was cool and imo inspired a good many games though im not going to derail topic by naming them >_<. that headshot looked like richard corben's style hope they didnt ripoff the master like that, but im hoping good things for f3.
In the year 2006 PLAYSTATION3 is created, in the year 2008 it becomes self-aware, renaming itself SKYNET.

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
They are having a contest:

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/vault/falloutcontest.html

You just make your own perk and send it in and if you win it goes into the game and the prizes are awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users