Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Man saves security guard, video games credited for heroics.

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

SeruK

SeruK
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • xfire:serukgoeszomg
QUOTE (Master C @ Jun 17 2007, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A brave and smart thing to do would be to call the damn police.

Yeah but then the movie would suck pretty bad, wouldn't it?
QUOTE (Brenner)
I guess I forgot that gay men can't resist their own brothers. Sorry again.

ReggeX

ReggeX
  • GA Private
  • 1,002 posts
  • xfire:ReggeX
  • Interests:Playing TF2, CS, CSS and being good at FPS games pretty much.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Hello new MS
  • PSN:GTFO new Sony
  • Wii:WB old Nintendo
  • Gamer Army ID:3112
Master C is spot on, it was both brave and stupid, but sometimes bravery means nothing without a little stupidity. If you were brave and smart you would have called the police. What Adam did took loads of courage and he deserves to be rewarded for his uncommon valour.

A guy with 5 posts has no right to call a guy with nearly 1000 posts a troll.. read the article, mate.
CS:Source - CS:1.6 - Warcraft 3 TFT DotA - TF2

QUOTE (7h3 n00b m4573r @ Jan 18 2008, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
theres no point arguing with an idiot, they just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience :P

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:134
QUOTE (ReggeX @ Aug 6 2007, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Master C is spot on, it was both brave and stupid, but sometimes bravery means nothing without a little stupidity. If you were brave and smart you would have called the police. What Adam did took loads of courage and he deserves to be rewarded for his uncommon valour.

A guy with 5 posts has no right to call a guy with nearly 1000 posts a troll.. read the article, mate.

He probably acted on impulse. That means without even thinking he was willing to risk his own existence to save that of another. Very admirable.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.
I offer SC2 coaching for $25/hr, msg if interested :)

Silver Tongued Devil

Silver Tongued Devil
  • Banned
  • 35 posts
I know his heart was in the right place, but is this type of thing not just very foolish? I mean, CCTV combined with insurance could have saved him the hassle and pain.

HoboJoe3322

HoboJoe3322
  • Members
  • 21 posts
Actually my personal opinion is the blame video games for it, but not as a good thing they are saying he was doing something that playing so many video games told him to make this response ina split instance without personal regaurd for his safety such as a video game where you cannot get hurt to that extent.

Don't get me wrong this guy is awesome and the guy is right but the Video game survival fight we should win just because of the poor quality of (for example) Jack Thompson's attack on video games. But we are outnumbered which is a big problem leading back to my point which is people that write things such as the news are agianst video games (mostly) and they are insulting his actions when they say this.

To the post above me I wouldnt say it was foolish mostly because personally I would rather save someone then and die then let them die

You can say about that what you will but I defanitly wouldn't call it foolish.

Bocom

Bocom
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • xfire:tehbocom
  • Xbox / GFWL:No, no, no!
  • PSN:Sometime...
  • Wii:5182649841671705
QUOTE (Silver Tongued Devil @ Aug 7 2007, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know his heart was in the right place, but is this type of thing not just very foolish? I mean, CCTV combined with insurance could have saved him the hassle and pain.

I could've understood your sentence wrong, but...

To try and save a human being, that is not foolishness.

He saved that officer's life. He did what he thought was the right thing to do.

My best wishes go out to Adam. As Jarett, and most people said here;

You pwn RL!
Yes, I over used "BRIAN" sometimes... Then I grew up.

<- Words aren't enough. :P

MGS4Snake

MGS4Snake
  • Members
  • 333 posts
  • xfire:davidfoxalot
  • Interests:[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/kenshi_92888/MGS4copy.png[/img]<br /><br /><br /> old ave http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/ZanTsang/BoomHeadShot.gif
man... that guys epic thats all i can type

Tabarnak

Tabarnak
  • Members
  • 3 posts
so...nothing from the guy yet?

neways, u did the right thing, proud of you, get well soon

SteelFox

SteelFox
  • GA Corporal
  • 564 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:SteelFoxPPGA
  • Gamer Army ID:2274
  • Company:Delta
Actually he's a fan, fourm member, and GA agent. Not to metion one bad-ass mofo.

Choronzon
Don't like the wait for the next Episode?

Quit yer Bitching and GTFO, I'll call you when it comes out.

...and IZGIZZIS is half the battle.

spikeboy4

spikeboy4
  • GA Private
  • 24 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2593
The thing that really gets me is:
If i went out there and shot someone up, everyone would go "ahhh, its because he played too many computer games" and then it would be all over the news as everyone tries to lynch EA or Valve or something, and generally kick up a big fuss about it.

When something positive happens (which it is, regardless of opinions of foolishness or w.e, it was still a positive thing), nobody REALLY gives a great deal of credit to the guy, and i must say that i believe its more to do with WHO he is, rather than the games that he played, that made his decision to act, yet should it be negative.......

ovary punch!er

ovary punch!er
  • Members
  • 1 posts
I appalud his heroics but lets face it he still got shot=/
Hiya!!

DIESEL

DIESEL
  • Banned
  • 275 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2772
Hopefully this man is doing fine, do any of you know his status?

Is he afk??

Well hopefulyl we hear from this brave man in a while.

tag187

tag187
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • xfire:h4x411
  • Interests:Lacrosse,hockey,ruby,world of warcraft,starcraft,CnC,CsS,Cs1.6.
wow... That is one of the bravest things.. and for some coward to shoot some one who is trying to help a dying man... that is the most pathetic thing i've heard in a long time... this is a perfect example of a modern day hero.. you definently have my respect.

KeH KeH KeH

KeH KeH KeH
  • Members
  • 353 posts
  • xfire:kehkehkeh
  • Interests:yer mum
And people say that video games cause violence. Tsk tsk tsk...

rofls

kekekeke

DonMul

DonMul
  • GA Private
  • 48 posts
  • xfire:dravelska
  • Interests:Gaming, metal, gaming, playing guitar, gaming and have i said gaming yet?
  • Gamer Army ID:4326
This guy really is a hero, got 100% respect for him. I wish there were more people of him, instead of more tards who think gaming is bad for you or morons who commit robbery's

PS, nothing wrong with Metalheads (People who listen Metal), i'm one myself and i aint robbing anyone!

Starbuck356

Starbuck356
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • xfire:maxinacab123
This is the first time ive actually never heard computer games beeing slagged off, this guy is a hero he didnt put himself first and saved a life dispite what happend to him.
I listen to metal and rock music and play computer games but i know where the line is drawn i wouldnt dream of picking up a gun going into a shop and then go on a killing spree and then blame it all on games and the music i listen to. The media have to slag something off and they choose games instead of blaming there own goverment there is allways something more involved in cases other than the fact grand theft auto is to blame for a person beeing mental disturbed fact is they probably have never even played the game.
This is amazing to read and the guy is a hero icon_smile.gif.

"He who dares wins"

TehArsid

TehArsid
  • Members
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Gaming<br />Music<br />Sleeping<br />Eating
have a speedy recovery adam!

nice job.

IrishSpuds

IrishSpuds
  • GA Sergeant Major
  • 1,724 posts
  • xfire:irishspuds
  • Interests:PP, DotA2, CS:GO, Game of Thrones (books and series)
  • Steam ID:irishspuds
  • Xbox / GFWL:irishspuds1337
  • PSN:IrishSpuds
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:746
  • Company:Golf
i normally would say "omg nice necro" but this topic is an exception. This man is awesomeness in the form of a gamer.

A.Phobos

A.Phobos
  • GA Private
  • 1,735 posts
  • xfire:H17M4N23 _______ Quake Live: Hitman23
  • Interests:FPS, movies, Stand-up Comedy, And Stuff....
  • Steam ID:Hitman
  • Xbox / GFWL:wish i had one
  • PSN:suck mah ballz
  • Wii:1044724098965336
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:3494
  • Company:Bravo
QUOTE (IrishSpuds @ Nov 16 2008, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i normally would say "omg nice necro" but this topic is an exception. This man is awesomeness in the form of a gamer.

QFT.

Clarkey

Clarkey
  • Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Clarketk
  • PSN:Clarkek
  • Wii:4185422692335237
I think the guy and the security guard are over it by now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users