Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

c&c3 predator rush strat

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Epotn

Epotn
  • Members
  • 91 posts
  • xfire:Epotn
  • Interests:internet things
  • Wii:4721226304974712
whats best way gdi vs gdi when your opponent predator rushes?

Morra

Morra
  • GA Private
  • 1,958 posts
  • xfire:ubermicro54
  • Interests:Pure pwnage, gaming, metal gear
  • Gamer Army ID:1034
with the current patch, build even more preds than him XD, thats really the only thing that stops it.

KatanaSwordfish

KatanaSwordfish
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • xfire:katanaswordfish
QUOTE (Morra @ May 24 2007, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
with the current patch, build even more preds than him XD, thats really the only thing that stops it.

QFT!!! lol

OR... this is always fun

Just rush engineers and get them down there asap, maybe with like 1 or 2 preds as a distraction.

Take his construction site and crane and its pretty much GG.

Even if you can use that to slow him down a bit, and get more preds than he can.

Thats fun to do. icon_smile.gif
GG!!!

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:134
GDI mirror is very simple - use the 4refinery build and fast tech to sonic emitters and firehawks. Then spider with sonic emitters and mammoths. That's about it.

By the time about 4-9 preds are near your base you'll have two sonic emitters ready to deploy, and use firehawks to keep your opponent's tech center down so you can just spam mammoths and win with crawling SE's...
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.
I offer SC2 coaching for $25/hr, msg if interested :)

r3b0und

r3b0und
  • GA Corporal
  • 530 posts
  • Steam ID:IceChain
  • Xbox / GFWL:tehrebound
  • Gamer Army ID:649
  • Company:Kilo
oh, THAT strat. I hate it so much. >.<

Another effective strategy is instead of merely SEing down to his base, tech to Firehawks and basically go "LOL IM SCRIN KEKE" all over his pred tanks.

iScream

iScream
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • xfire:urz4h
How do you "spider"? ;/

QUOTE (Gruntroll)
I think i need to play dota more, to improve my micro.

Vengeance

Vengeance

MotM March 2007 | teh_cookierer

• GA Sergeant
  • 2,057 posts
  • xfire:vengeance238
  • Wii:7099005730287119
  • Gamer Army ID:100
I have a very, very basic grasp of CnC3, but I would guess, from the demo and from the name of the strat, that that would building SEs and using their control zone to build another one ahead of it - although that sounds ridiculous and the gayest thing ever icon_razz.gif

Hellswarm

Hellswarm
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts
  • Interests:CSS
Chain buildings all the way to the opponent's base and build stuff.

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:134
QUOTE (Vengeance @ May 25 2007, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a very, very basic grasp of CnC3, but I would guess, from the demo and from the name of the strat, that that would building SEs and using their control zone to build another one ahead of it - although that sounds ridiculous and the gayest thing ever icon_razz.gif

Yes, it is.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.
I offer SC2 coaching for $25/hr, msg if interested :)

Escobar

Escobar
  • Members
  • 258 posts
  • xfire:escobar06
Fast orcas and start taking out his harvies and make him shit his pants

Utttand4

Utttand4
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts
QUOTE (Vengeance @ May 26 2007, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SEs dont provide ground control, thats why you need powerplants. 3 cranes help when doing this.
Folrobot has a replay pack on GR all about it, worth a download for a few lols.
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 17 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think console shooters suck balls.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
New patch details

/General Balance Changes/

Some structures on each side no longer provide Ground Control
for base expansion. These include: Power Plants, Reactors,
Tiberium Silos, Barracks, Hands of Nod, and Portals.

http://www.commandconquer3.com/forums/show...p=6985#post6985

thatl make that strat a bit harder indeed...
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Danoli3

Danoli3

MotM Sept 2006 | teh_artchiverer | PP Lifetime Achievement Award

• GA Sergeant
  • 6,760 posts
  • xfire:Danoli3
  • Interests:Natalie, Pure Pwnage, Games, Programming, Animation, Music, Movies
  • Steam ID:Danoli3
  • Xbox / GFWL:Danolium
  • Wii:1622774217920323
  • Gamer Army ID:9
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (Garamiah @ May 27 2007, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New patch details

/General Balance Changes/

Some structures on each side no longer provide Ground Control
for base expansion. These include: Power Plants, Reactors,
Tiberium Silos, Barracks, Hands of Nod, and Portals.

http://www.commandconquer3.com/forums/show...p=6985#post6985

thatl make that strat a bit harder indeed...

ofc it does... most strats will have to be re-evaluated... but we cant do shit until its out.

blazinfire0

blazinfire0
  • Members
  • 76 posts
  • xfire:blazinfire0
  • Location:over there no not there there oh you missed aliitle more a little more litlle less now spin around 100 times do 10 starjumps vomit in a bucket look up and there youve found it
QUOTE (Danoli3 @ May 28 2007, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ofc it does... most strats will have to be re-evaluated... but we cant do shit until its out.

quite true but anticipation is always key to everything

if you think that someone is going to say pred rush do something that will deter the eventuality until you have an effective way of fighting back no duh right
but the way the game is that is relatively difficult I've pulled out of rushes because i wasn't sure if i could have stayed on the offensive or not looking at the replays i most definitely could have if your tactic hasn't worked theres not much you can do unfortunately cnc3 doesn't really cater for a counterattack after a failed rush even the rush builds are all or nothing strats because thats what it takes to have that early an offensive luck is just as big a factor as skill in either position if you managed to get good base defense to counter luck was on your side but if you've anticipated a rush and they haven't gone for a rush you could still very well lose odds are they've teched up as much as you but might not have squandered funds on base defenses and are able to get orcas firehawks to just waste whatever you have while you've only prepared for a tank rush
eternity is within our reach but its unreachable

Utttand4

Utttand4
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts
He wasnt talking about "pred rushing" in 1.05 (to which rocket spam may be a counter). I think hes talking about how most BOs right now rely on creeping to tib areas using buildings. The problem with 1.05 is that powers & barracks dont give control and refs only give you back a measly 300 when sold, so it would be wasteful to expand your control with refs.
Im guessing that 1.05 will be about putting up warfacts to manually build harvs instead of the usual 4 ref.
We are gonna be seeing much slower games in 1.05.
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 17 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think console shooters suck balls.

SoupyC

SoupyC
  • GA Private
  • 61 posts
  • xfire:soupyc
  • Xbox / GFWL:SoupyCpwns
  • Gamer Army ID:2109
QUOTE (Utttand4 @ May 29 2007, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are gonna be seeing much slower games in 1.05.

I don't think that will necessarily be a bad thing.

Joel

Joel
  • GA Private
  • 180 posts
  • xfire:leoJP
  • Gamer Army ID:1245
*twiddles thumbs*

So.. EA... about this 1.05 patch...

now, please?
IPB Image

Kaos Pwnage

Kaos Pwnage
  • Banned
  • 2,252 posts
  • xfire:dontbah8er
  • Interests:Games, PCs, swords, guns and Black Metal.
QUOTE (Joel @ May 29 2007, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*twiddles thumbs*

So.. EA... about this 1.05 patch...

now, please?

FUCKING OATH! LEAVING IT A BIT LATE FOR MAY!

Theres 2 things this could be:
1 - theyre just slack and they cant be fucked meeting dates and this is prolly last balance patch or;
2 - theyre putting a lot of effort into this so that it actually works well and is good for every1 and they will still patch afterwards.
Dylan Klebold - "I know we're gonna have followers because we're so fucking God-like. We're not exactly human -- we have human bodies but we've evolved into one step above you, fucking human shit. We actually have fucking self-awareness."

Joel

Joel
  • GA Private
  • 180 posts
  • xfire:leoJP
  • Gamer Army ID:1245
Hey everyone,

Its been a bit of ruckus today here on the message boards and I gotta say, we all need to take a step back and relax for a moment. I know I know, sounds kind of crazy for me to say that, but again, we're trying to keep these boards constructive and fun. Its very challenging to help and post when people are spamming and posting obstructive comments that our moderators need to lock down constantly.

When I spoke of having a short update on patch 1.05 last week by today, I mistakenly forgot that today is Memorial Day, its a national holiday for everyone,so my apologies on that front. That is why I have been away for the day, but I wanted to make sure I got a little word in before tomorrow.

We're all back in the office tomorrow and the QA team has been working over the weekend on putting the final touches on 1.05. I want to make sure whatever message or update is delivered is fully accurate and I need to meet with our Producer and DD (Greg and Chris), tomorrow morning first thing to get the straight word on the latest update.

The fact that our QA team worked over part of the weekend specifically for the special case of nailing the last few issues down on this patch, its good news.

So, thank you again for your patience, once patch 1.05 is out we'll be working hard to get this process on smooth rails. I know this is a lot of the same you've heard in the past week, but we want to make sure what we release is 10000% clean and enhancing to C&C 3 and nothing less.

-APOC

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?t...26&tstart=0

The latest news
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users