Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hellgate: London's free vs pay to play feature

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Ant

Ant
  • Members
  • 767 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ayefkay
so HG:L is comin out real soon (few more months, supposedly out by summer) so i wanted to start some convo about it (doesnt seem like many ppl know about it) just recently they officially released info about the multiplayer aspect. there will be a free online where you play through the game over the net (much like diablo2 battle.net) and then theres a pay to play feature, also known as "elite" where you will get more areas to explore, more items, even more character classes icon_surprised.gif

http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/hellgate-london/786714p1.html

talk!
IPB Image

Ant

Ant
  • Members
  • 767 posts
how can nobody want this game OMG!
IPB Image

SorrowNight

SorrowNight
  • Banned
  • 1,609 posts
  • xfire:Sorrownite
Systems like those usually don't work out, mainly if you have a "mixed" online where you can meet with p2p players and f2p. The p2p players will always have an advantage, and if they don't then they're getting ripped and probably wouldn't continue playing .. so.

Runescape Members/Non-members works out only because they don't mix it up, member'd items can't be used on non-members servers thus you lose all advantages when you mix with f2p players.

Runescape is just an example where "elite" systems work out.

Ant

Ant
  • Members
  • 767 posts
hmm i guess you're right for the pvp aspects, HG:L is more pve based so ill be subscribing mainly for the new content like character classes and new areas

im just suprised not many people know of this game, flagship studios is made up of some of the original team that worked for blizzard north (creators of diablo and diablo2)
IPB Image

SorrowNight

SorrowNight
  • Banned
  • 1,609 posts
  • xfire:Sorrownite
Diablo and Diablo 2 MP > SP.

At least, in most people's opinion.

Not saying the single player was bad or anything, it was awesome. Which is why the game itself is awesome because they've got good SP AND MP.

Ak-Sniper

Ak-Sniper
  • Members
  • 977 posts
  • xfire:aksnip3r
QUOTE (SorrowNight @ May 20 2007, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Systems like those usually don't work out, mainly if you have a "mixed" online where you can meet with p2p players and f2p. The p2p players will always have an advantage, and if they don't then they're getting ripped and probably wouldn't continue playing .. so.

Runescape Members/Non-members works out only because they don't mix it up, member'd items can't be used on non-members servers thus you lose all advantages when you mix with f2p players.

Runescape is just an example where "elite" systems work out.

*of topic* amazeinly the makers of rune scape paul and andrew gower are number 5 on the top richiest young people list

But anyways I knew of hellgate london for quite some time and it's going to be awsome. I think that the whole pay extra system is kinda gay though why pay more monney for more features when you already dished out 50 bucks for the game? Pretty dumb in my mind and I think they will still make monney of it since alot of people will be forced to pay extra to get the extra classes or what not.

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:plays guitar.
I think this game is worthy enough to warrant a fee to play, but if it is free then that'll be the PWNAGE. icon_smile.gif

Ant

Ant
  • Members
  • 767 posts
online will be like diablo2 online, but more of an mmo feel to it. towns will be much bigger to support more players, there will be a place to sell your items to other players, ability to look for groups to go out n kill stuff icon_biggrin.gif guild housing. outside those areas will be instanced, so only you and your teammates will play together.

the pay to play feature just expands on alll of this, new items, (not necessarily better as most of the items are randomised, but theyll probably look cooler icon_razz.gif) new classes and new character slots (free only allows you to make 3 characters while pay to play you can make 9...or so ive heard) and new places to explore, hellgate : tokyo anyone ? icon_biggrin.gif

i seriously cant wait for this game, looks great, good to see a change in rpg, blending medieval weapons with future technology (GUNZOMG)
IPB Image

Ak-Sniper

Ak-Sniper
  • Members
  • 977 posts
  • xfire:aksnip3r
basicly guild wars with guns and demons and the such. Pretty cool that theres no ammo in the game though.

Ant

Ant
  • Members
  • 767 posts
QUOTE (Ak-Sniper @ May 24 2007, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
basicly guild wars with guns and demons and the such.

yeah pretty much, guild wars is good though
IPB Image

Danoli3

Danoli3

MotM Sept 2006 | teh_artchiverer | PP Lifetime Achievement Award

• GA Sergeant
  • 6,760 posts
  • xfire:Danoli3
  • Interests:Natalie, Pure Pwnage, Games, Programming, Animation, Music, Movies
  • Steam ID:Danoli3
  • Xbox / GFWL:Danolium
  • Wii:1622774217920323
  • Gamer Army ID:9
  • Company:Pi
made by the diablo 2 dev team heh

Raving Looney

Raving Looney
  • GA Private
  • 625 posts
  • xfire:reaperman555
  • Gamer Army ID:2161
You can pay a 1 off fee that will offer more to the player(im goin to go for it cos the game looks absolutly like its goin to kick arse)

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
QUOTE (destructoid.com)
# Both levels have their characters held on secure servers
# Elite players get bumped to the front of the line for servers
# Elite players get 12 characters, regular players get 3
# Elite players can hold 40 items in lockers around the city, regular players get 20 and can't move them to other players
# Elite players have access to better shinier gear (the only difference is aesthetic)
# Elite players have access to shuttles to move easier around the city
# Elite players can own property, regular gamers can't own a house or enter houses
# Elite players get more game types
# Elite players get monthly content additions

Source

What's your take?

Ant

Ant
  • Members
  • 767 posts
basically if youre not elite, stick to single player. ill be payin for elite if it turns out to be a good game
IPB Image

Pauleh

Pauleh
  • Members
  • 1,028 posts
  • xfire:Pauleh
  • PSN:Pauleh
Havent really looked at this game apart from the video that came out a year or so ago, it looked alright hope its out before AoC then ill have a chance to play it.
Zombine, heh get it?

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
QUOTE (Ant @ Jun 15 2007, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
basically if youre not elite, stick to single player. ill be payin for elite if it turns out to be a good game

I'd pay to play this game. It's going to be cheaper, and possibly better than WoW.

Ant

Ant
  • Members
  • 767 posts
QUOTE (lolcrica90 @ Jun 16 2007, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd pay to play this game. It's going to be cheaper, and possibly better than WoW.

wow is really bland atm, i quit 6 months ago because raiding in BC was just fucked. a friend was playing my account so last week i thought id give it a try again, maybe id come back and play again. nothing has changed. the fun is just gone in that game (in my opinion anyway)
IPB Image

Batjutsu

Batjutsu
  • GA Private
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, RPG, Game Design, Wargamming & Painting
  • Gamer Army ID:504
The money side of it at least gives people choice to choose whether to just enjoy the core game, or go the whole way. Choice = pwnage
Should be worth a look, I hope they do a good job since subscription for most games is well a $&*! icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users