Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Democrats vs. Republicans

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Democrats vs. Republicans (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's better?

1. Democrats (18 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

2. Republicans (16 votes [47.06%])

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

worldman29

worldman29
  • Members
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Guitar Hero, DDR, Homestar Runner, etc.
Who do you like more? I'd say Democrats.

Lead Enema

Lead Enema
  • GA Private
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Foreign Languages, Music (classic rock mostly), Art, Girls, Food, Vidia Games, Philosophy, Movies, Television, Poker (Texas Hold'em), Guitar, Reading Books, Naturalism, Horticulture, Entomology, Zoology, Psychology, Physiology, Lucid Dreaming, Martial Arts, Venusian Arts, Anthropology, Mind Expansion, Meditation.
  • Xbox / GFWL:= Pwnage
  • PSN:I feel sorry for it
  • Wii:Better than PS3
  • Gamer Army ID:1881
Uhh, how about neither?...

VOTE LIBERTARIAN

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
whos better... thats VERY hard to quantify, as both parties have fucked over america for the last 150 years.

id say the Democrats tend to piss me off more in the long run with their pussy, senseless wasting of my money on lame projects, whereas the Republicans always seem to be able to come up with some really dumb ideas on-the-spot, which are absolutely brilliantly aweful for the country.

one of my favorite politicians ever was RFK, a Democrat. one of my least favorite politicians ever was Clinton, a Democrat

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (DougHChrist @ May 11 2007, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whos better... thats VERY hard to quantify, as both parties have fucked over america for the last 150 years.

id say the Democrats tend to piss me off more in the long run with their pussy, senseless wasting of my money on lame projects, whereas the Republicans always seem to be able to come up with some really dumb ideas on-the-spot, which are absolutely brilliantly aweful for the country.

I do not disagree... I forget who had this quote, and I'm probably going to slaughter it, but here goes. The Republicans get stuff done, they might not do the smartest thing at the time, but they do something. The democrats on the other hand spend all their time arguing over what should be done, but never actually do anything.

I totally slaughtered it, but u get the idea...
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

worldman29

worldman29
  • Members
  • 102 posts
QUOTE (Lead Enema @ May 11 2007, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uhh, how about neither?...

VOTE LIBERTARIAN

I hope they're not liberal.

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Stuff that goes boom
  • Gamer Army ID:220
political parties are a mockery to real democracy..

Lead Enema

Lead Enema
  • GA Private
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Foreign Languages, Music (classic rock mostly), Art, Girls, Food, Vidia Games, Philosophy, Movies, Television, Poker (Texas Hold'em), Guitar, Reading Books, Naturalism, Horticulture, Entomology, Zoology, Psychology, Physiology, Lucid Dreaming, Martial Arts, Venusian Arts, Anthropology, Mind Expansion, Meditation.
QUOTE (worldman29 @ May 12 2007, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Social Issues = Liberal

Economic Issues = Conservative

^
That's libertarianism. If you want to learn more about what we believe you can visit our website. - The link is in my first post icon_smile.gif.

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
Neither because they are both horrible for America.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
  • Interests:fireworks, weed,
QUOTE (worldman29 @ May 12 2007, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you do know that the democrats are the liberals in this country right?

i ask becuase you are kinda contradicting yourself here.

either way both parties suck, but republicans just suck a lot less for people who have a job and like to keep the money they earn.

Creation

Creation
  • Members
  • 132 posts
  • xfire:godscreation
  • Interests:FPS Games (AA, W:ET/TC:E, CS:S)
While I'm normally conservative in my own country, the United States are different, as a country proud of the freedom of its citizens and a nation concerned about their right to selfdefense and privacy. I think they are best suited by a decentralized government, with a minimal federal government, and those libertarians seem to advocate a smaller government, with maximum freedom on personal and economic issues. Voted republic in the poll for their conservative views, though I'm proud to live in a monarchy.
IPB Image

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

Oct 2007 - Mario Kart DS Tournament winner or something

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:CS, console gaming, basketball, movies.
  • Xbox / GFWL:anucadivad
  • Wii:5446973000736267
Heh, this is a funny thread. "Who's better". lol.

And libertarianism is a fad imo.

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
I won't vote on this, because while I usually lean to the left, I think it is wrong and detrimental to the political process to vote based on a party. The lack of compromises are bad, and you shouldn't vote on a candidate for his party, you should vote for a candidate for his views.
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (MCClammer @ May 12 2007, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I won't vote on this, because while I usually lean to the left, I think it is wrong and detrimental to the political process to vote based on a party. The lack of compromises are bad, and you shouldn't vote on a candidate for his party, you should vote for a candidate for his views.

although i agree, I'd rather vote for a party than vote for someone whose views are just there to get votes. Like hilary clinton, as long as you want it, she agrees. There's no saying what she'd actually do once she hits the white house.

edit: sidepoint... I find that the republican candidates tend to be much more individual. If you look at the primaries so far, the democrats all agree on the stuff, whereas the republicans actually tend to debate the stuff. There was a whole lot of shameless self promotion in the democratic press events (including debates) like people listing off all their jobs instead of answering questions. And omg, they wasted so much fucking time. It took them whole answer segments for 3 people to answer 2 word answer questions.

"yes, and i think yes because of my previous experience, and if you look at blah de blah then you'll see that I was always for it because it's what I believe. I like to stick with what I believe in because I have strong steadfast morals, and I stand firm on my policy"... so the answer is yes then?
Give me LoL Referals.

Lead Enema

Lead Enema
  • GA Private
  • 813 posts
QUOTE (Muad @ May 12 2007, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And libertarianism is a fad imo.

The libertarian party has more people in office than all of the other third parties combined. Tell John Locke and Adam Smith that "libertarianism is a fad" and they will probably laugh in your face. This is because they founded the concept of "libertarianism" or "liberalism" in the 18th fucking century. It is not even close to being a "fad".

worldman29

worldman29
  • Members
  • 102 posts
QUOTE (st1dinoh @ May 12 2007, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you do know that the democrats are the liberals in this country right?

That's not true.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (worldman29 @ May 13 2007, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's not true.

u lose at american politics...
Give me LoL Referals.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ May 13 2007, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
u lose at american politics...

QFT

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
QUOTE (Schlitz @ May 14 2007, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Though I hate to, I must agree with you there. I can't stand how democrats are for stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. For many cases, people are wealthy because they worked hard to get there. Why should they surrender their money to those who didn't work hard to get as wealthy as them? You earn what you work for. Simple. I vote conservative.

you should surrender your money because you respect your country enough that you want it to be able to self sustain itself without taking out a bunch of international loans thus rendering us in effect, subservient to the other countries will. I don't get why you would have a problem supporting your country, that I assume you love. FYI the Bush tax cuts pretty much steal from the poor and give to the rich; the top 1% are the only people that benefit in any significant way.
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (MCClammer @ May 14 2007, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you should surrender your money because you respect your country enough that you want it to be able to self sustain itself without taking out a bunch of international loans thus rendering us in effect, subservient to the other countries will. I don't get why you would have a problem supporting your country, that I assume you love. FYI the Bush tax cuts pretty much steal from the poor and give to the rich; the top 1% are the only people that benefit in any significant way.

I declare shenanigans... my mom got a lot of money back from the tax cuts and she isn't anywhere close to the top 1%. and do you have any facts to support your claim that the country won't be able to self sustain itself if we don't "surrender our money"? And what's the point of the government sustaining itself if the people aren't sustaining the economy?

the economy runs off of spending money, you need money to spend it.
Give me LoL Referals.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (MCClammer @ May 14 2007, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

because that money the dems like to steal is not to keep the roads paved, the schools running, or the hospitals staffed...

it's to buy free cheese and peanut butter for welfare recipients.

not to mention to line the pork barrell pockets of all the seanators and congress men who vote that kind of shit into law.

the tax money they steal from us are for social programs that i do not condone. therefore i shouldn't have to pay for them. thats why i vote rep or lib, never dem.

like i said, they all suck, dems just suck sooooooooo much more if you have a job and actually work for a living. so basicly if you're a worthless piece of shit...vote dem, if you want to keep the money you earn, don't vote dem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users