Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

This is the greatest nation on Earth.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Richard.

Richard.
  • Banned
  • 548 posts
Greatest nation on earth... hum

USA
+ has both snowy mountains+and hot summers but long distance
+ A lot of TV and movies are shown in U.S.A before the rest of the world
+ gas price is like half of the price in Sweden
+ Pretty cheap country

- Slow and expensive internet
-+ Some stupid people and leaders fun sometimes but really bad other times.

Britain
+ Rich people are so cool in Britain
+ Accent

- Rain
- Internet

Sweden
+ Internet
+ free health care

- Taxes
- Expensive
- Cold

Random tropical Island
+ Everything is so cheap so you can live like a king
+ hot

Australia
+ Home of crocodile hunter STEVE IRWIN!
+ Amazing landscape and wildlife
+ Some good TV shows
+ Pretty cool accent

- Internet
Don't know much about Australia and I have never been there

Iceland
+ Absolutely coolest landscape I have ever seen
+ think there's pretty decent internet here

- Cold
-+ Hardly any trees lawl

Mexico
+ hot
+ Cool pyramids and stuff
+ Cheap

-+ Mexicans, don't really know what I think of them...
- I don't think they got good internet icon_razz.gif
- I have never seen a good Mexican TV show or movie but then I don't think I have seen a Mexican TV show or movie. Do they exist?

Winner?

melonqueen

melonqueen

Slayer of Bees

• Retired Staff
  • 2,881 posts
  • xfire:melonqueen
  • Interests:Gaming, web design, baking/cooking, drinking, Melons
  • Xbox / GFWL:melonqueen
  • Wii:0205097351995318
  • Gamer Army ID:148
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (MaxDamage @ May 11 2007, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Howard.. who cares, hardly affects the world. icon_razz.gif

That may be true, but affects us Aussie's cos he's George Bush's bitch and basically when Bush says "Jump" Hiward says "How High?" and doesn't listen to his people icon_razz.gif
My Blog - The Retro Cook

Firefly

Firefly

I make movies, eh?

• GA Corporal
  • 5,099 posts
  • xfire:Fireflyfilms
  • Xbox / GFWL:Fireflyfilms
  • Gamer Army ID:121
  • Company:Pi
Haha,all too true Melonqueen.

QUOTE (Richard. @ May 11 2007, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<snip>

I'm offended. Where is Australia, hmm? (Australia is the best place in the world to live, tbh)
QUOTE (Geoff @ Dec 5 2007, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, a big thanks to Firefly for shooting most of this footage.

.:: Pure Pwnage Melbourne Premiere Footage ::.

Gillz

Gillz
  • GA Private
  • 4,794 posts
  • Interests:Now we removed everything on your profile since ya wanna multi-account more. :P
  • Gamer Army ID:67
QUOTE (Econojon @ May 10 2007, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
USA, tbh. We've got the bomb. lol!

And the terrible health care.

I joke because I love. =P

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
Bitches don't got shit on Atlantas yo.
But sers. wheres Australia?

Vengeance

Vengeance

MotM March 2007 | teh_cookierer

• GA Sergeant
  • 2,057 posts
  • xfire:vengeance238
  • Wii:7099005730287119
  • Gamer Army ID:100
When I heard this in the speech, I was like "Uhm... mindless patriotism much?" ... but there you go. He wanted to go out with his own epitaph, and he's done that. I guess he didn't mean it in any kind of literal sense, but well, there you go. Let's not turn this in to a "Who's country is best" competition icon_biggrin.gif

banditbear

banditbear
  • Members
  • 135 posts
QUOTE (melonqueen @ May 10 2007, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh man, the little boys club is being broken up... Blair is stepping down, Polls indicate Howard might get defeated at this years federal election and Bush is nearing the end of his second term... Please, can we have sane people next time round!

out of the three you mentioned, only one could be seen as insane, the other two are good leaders, even if they made a few mistakes.

Richard.

Richard.
  • Banned
  • 548 posts
QUOTE (Firefly @ May 11 2007, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm offended. Where is Australia, hmm? (Australia is the best place in the world to live, tbh)

Added Australia lol

Andrix

Andrix
  • Members
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:Music - Beatles, Eric Clapton, Doors, Who, Zeppelin, Floyd, and lots of other old Rock bands, I also enjoy new stuff to.<br /><br />Games - CS (1.6, Source, CZ), F.E.A.R, WoW, and the C&amp;C series.
Where's Canada on this list. We have some pluses to. But yeah England is pretty much FTW.

Clarke

Clarke
  • Members
  • 1,113 posts
  • xfire:Clarke101
QUOTE (Richard. @ May 11 2007, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

USA
+ has both snowy mountains+and hot summers but long distance
+ A lot of TV and movies are shown in U.S.A before the rest of the world
+ gas price is like half of the price in Sweden
+ Pretty cheap country

- Slow and expensive internet
-+ Some stupid people and leaders fun sometimes but really bad other times.

This is the most outrageous list i have ever seen. not just the America stuff the whole lot.

I believe that The UK has been a world leader in almost every front, from just about the collapse of the Roman Empire.
The race of British people is a diverse one and completely individual to the rest of the world.

Lead Enema

Lead Enema
  • GA Private
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Foreign Languages, Music (classic rock mostly), Art, Girls, Food, Vidia Games, Philosophy, Movies, Television, Poker (Texas Hold'em), Guitar, Reading Books, Naturalism, Horticulture, Entomology, Zoology, Psychology, Physiology, Lucid Dreaming, Martial Arts, Venusian Arts, Anthropology, Mind Expansion, Meditation.
  • Xbox / GFWL:= Pwnage
  • PSN:I feel sorry for it
  • Wii:Better than PS3
  • Gamer Army ID:1881
QUOTE (Clarke @ May 11 2007, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The race of British people is a diverse one and completely individual to the rest of the world.

I hope you know that both the U.K. and Ireland are populated by the same race of people, so no your race is not unique to strictly the U.K. You say that your race is "diverse"? How can a "race" be "diverse" anyway? Oh, wait a minute... it can't. On top of that your women are hideous - sorry, but I've been to England and the ladies over there are U-G-L-Y. When I was over there traveling about the country I maybe saw just one bangable piece of tail in the whole of England, and even then I'm probably being generous. And don't say "Keira Knightly", because Keira Knightly looks like a twelve year old boy imo. If you do enjoy fine chicks (and who doesn't, right?), please, come to America or Canada... you'd be doing yourself a tremendous favor. Sorry if that felt like a flame, but that's just what I've gathered of England from my own personal observations.

America and Canada are the countries that are the most racially "diverse". We have all races/creeds/cultures here... I mean I have friends in probably 15 different ethnic groups, and these are people that just live in my town. Don't even get me started on New York City (the most ethnically diverse city on the face of planet Earth) or Toronto for that matter - places like these put England to shame in that department.

Anyway, what Tony Blair said was nationalistic and arrogant (or "patriotic" I guess you could argue), but I can't hold it against him. Besides, there are a lot of other reasons to hate people like him and GWB, so I don't really think that this makes much difference. I already hated the bastard.

Clarke

Clarke
  • Members
  • 1,113 posts
  • xfire:Clarke101
Fuck sake Mr.Enema when i say diverse i mean that the British race is a huge melting pot of northern Europeans and the English language which is also a mix of many prevously established languages. Also the beauty of the female population isint an indication of the nation itself.

here are some things that i like to think prove Brits are the best. ~Wiking going on here~
Education
Science
Literature
Philosophy
Engineering and innovation
Music
Media
Broadcasting
Sport

Gordoss

Gordoss
  • Members
  • 2,232 posts
QUOTE (9sam1 @ May 10 2007, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I prefer Zimbabwe.

ditto.

That, or JA-BOOTY!
Guns, Gold, Ganj, & Ammunition.

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
QUOTE (Richard. @ May 11 2007, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Random tropical Island
+ Everything is so cheap so you can live like a king

Gonna slap a big "lol no!" right about there.. Everything is imported so you cannot live like a king. You are thinking of China if A. You know chinese, B. You can barter and C. don't care if a lot merchandise are knock offs.

And you care way too much about internet and I would like to ask, how does Sweden have such awesome internet?

QUOTE (Clarke @ May 11 2007, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the most outrageous list i have ever seen. not just the America stuff the whole lot.

I believe that The UK has been a world leader in almost every front, from just about the collapse of the Roman Empire and then WWI happened and US became pretty much equal and the WWII happened, and now the UK is powerful because it is closely allied with the US.

Fixed with some bold.

Lets just read this poem written some time ago, replacing "English" with "British," which I am sure everyone can do

-

The English are so nice
so awfully nice
they're the nicest people in the world.

And what's more, they're nice about being nice
about your being nice as well!
If you're not nice, they soon make you feel it.

Americans and French and Germans and so on
they're all very well
but they're not really nice, you know.
They're not nice in our sense of the word, are they now?

That's why one doesn't have to take them seriously,
We must be nice to them, of course,
of course, naturally.
But it doesn't really matter what you say to them,
they don't really understand -
you can say anything to them:
be nice, you know, just nice -
but you must never take them seriously, they wouldn't understand,
just be nice, you know! Oh, fairly nice,
not too nice of course, they take advantage -
but nice enough, just nice enough
to let them feel they're not quite as nice as they might be.
(D.H. Lawrence)

Edit: Oh lawd, I saw you other post

here are some things that i like to think prove Brits are the best. ~Wiking going on here~
Education

Lol, I believe a song was written about that. The British education has proven to be domineering and brutally strict.

Science

Lol, so, what exactly do you have in mind? Newton? Because Einstein sort of took care those with his theory of relativity.

Literature

Lol, if you mean some of the most pretentious and arrogant pieces of work(not art really) then I agree. While I do not manage to read every book that comes out I can say, that I haven't read many books by British Authors that I have found to be A. Relevant, B. Not arrogant, and C. Skillfully done.

Philosophy

I don't have a great background in Philosophy, so I will ask how so?

Lol, US and Japan have you beat there. The Japanese are not especially innovative, but they are the essence of engineer in the sense that they will make pretty much anything you throw at them A. Marketable, B. Work better, C. More reliable, and D. Cheap.

Music

Lol, not many recent good bands that have come to my attention have come out of Britain since, well maybe, The Who, the Clash, Sex Pistols.. can't say I know of much else.

Media

Lol, "media" is vague, so what do you mean by "media" and how exactly are the British superior, as they seem to be in every other aspect of life, especially being humble!

Broadcasting

Lol, another, how so?

Sport

Lol, well from sport to sport it differs. In European Futbol, Americans don't stand a chance really, but a lot of other things, other countries can handily beat British teams, hell even in futbol they aren't so hot right now.

Apart from a few vague points, the only thing you have proven is the the British are the best at being arrogant beyond belief, Jesus, I have heard of having pride in your country, but god damn, you might want to tone it down, because then you won't be the best at being the best about being the best!
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
Why does it matter? We have our own personally opinions. In the end no nation is better than any other nation. The only reason we think that our nation is great because a sense of nationalism and we have probably not seen any other countries. So stop your complaining and bickering, and remember that we all live on the same Earth.

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
QUOTE (Shadowstar @ May 11 2007, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does it matter? We have our own personally opinions. In the end no nation is better than any other nation. The only reason we think that our nation is great because a sense of nationalism and we have probably not seen any other countries. So stop your complaining and bickering, and remember that we all live on the same Earth.

Very true, I just don't like nationalistic arrogance much as per my above post.
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

Lead Enema

Lead Enema
  • GA Private
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Foreign Languages, Music (classic rock mostly), Art, Girls, Food, Vidia Games, Philosophy, Movies, Television, Poker (Texas Hold'em), Guitar, Reading Books, Naturalism, Horticulture, Entomology, Zoology, Psychology, Physiology, Lucid Dreaming, Martial Arts, Venusian Arts, Anthropology, Mind Expansion, Meditation.
  • Xbox / GFWL:= Pwnage
  • PSN:I feel sorry for it
  • Wii:Better than PS3
  • Gamer Army ID:1881
Fuck sake Mr.Enema when i say diverse i mean that the British race is a huge melting pot of northern Europeans and the English language which is also a mix of many prevously established languages. Also the beauty of the female population isint an indication of the nation itself.

"A huge melting pot of northern Europeans"? That's not a "melting pot" by any means in my book but w/e. It certainly isn't "diverse", so what I said before is still very valid.

Education

Our secondary education system is FTW, but our primary education is not so... we're working on that. Our private schools are also unbeatable. Basically I agree with what MCClammer said on this subject.

Science
Literature

The United States has more Nobel Prize winners than any other country. (Over double that of the U.K. - which is in second place), so as far as science and literature go we are also FTW. Should I list some great American authors for you? I will if I have to, but for now I'll just say one word: Steinbeck. He pisses on anything the English have ever done in the literature department imo (don't say "Shakespeare" because I'm talking novelists here, not playwrites). The U.S. is at the forefront of science... pharmaceuticals, internal medicine, aeronautics, psychology, physiology, etc, etc, etc. You want to know why we are always at the forefront of medicine? Because many of the best doctors from other countries come to the U.S. to work, so on top of our own doctors we also have the cream of the crop from foreign countries.

Philosophy

Every country has this... If you can think then you have the ability to philosophize, so therefore everyone is a philosopher. If you mean "professional philosophers" then the Americans are at the forefront of this as well: George Adams, Rudolf Carnap, Deepak Chopra (not American technically, but he lives here), Albert Ellis, Francis Fukuyama, Peter Singer (again, not American, but he lives here), etc, etc, etc... So see, we also have the cream of the crop of other countries living and working in the U.S as well in this department.

Music
Media
Broadcasting
Sport

We have all this too. Multiply what you have by about 200 and that will maybe equal out to what we have here as far as these things are concerned, but that is still very iffy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no "best" nation my friend. This is because "best" is a relative term. The U.S. is the most powerful nation (and therefore the most hated), but does this make it the "best"? - not necessarily. I personally think that it is the best probably because I've grown up here... same reason for you loving England so much. It's only natural to feel like you should defend your homeland if people are criticizing it, but come on. I've been all over the world and there is no better place to live than the U.S. imo (especially not England), but that is just my opinion... others will feel differently than me. I have accepted this fact and have grown to realize that it is inevitable in life, so my advice to you would be get over it and get used to it.

ArmoredSandwich

ArmoredSandwich
  • Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • xfire:unseendevil
How can Britain be the best nation! They all drive on the wrong site of the road!! Oh noes!! icon_surprised.gif icon_surprised.gif

There must be some kind of way out of here...

Fealiks

Fealiks
  • Banned
  • 1,644 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
No, we drive on the left, correct side of the road. We invented it, dickwod. lolz. Also, America may have bombs, but England has... bombs! And a monarchy. And a history. And we invented loads of crap, like English, America, football, every American sport ever, sausages, Shakespeare, breakfast, bricks, plastic, pasta, water, red, cars... all sorts of useless rubbish. Although I don't quite see the need for big bombs everywhere... "I LIKE TO HAV A BOM IN MY CUNTREE CUZ DEN I CAN BLOW UP ME AND MY FRENZ WILL ALOS BLOW UP AND ANUVA CUNTRIE WUD BLOW UP ASWEL CUZ IF I GET BRORD. ALSO WE CAN WATCH DA APSLOSION N IT WUD BE ORINGE LOL"
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Nov 16 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This. Fealiks knows what he's talking about here, unlike the rest of the people in this thread. I'll probably slap a lock on this and sticky it so that people can make a good example of his intelligence.

Mkoll

Mkoll
  • Members
  • 2,609 posts
  • xfire:huor666
QUOTE (banditbear @ May 12 2007, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
out of the three you mentioned, only one could be seen as insane, the other two are good leaders, even if they made a few mistakes.

You're joking... Right? Howard is terrible, so is Bush.

QUOTE (ArmoredSandwich @ May 12 2007, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How can Britain be the best nation! They all drive on the wrong site of the road!! Oh noes!! icon_surprised.gif icon_surprised.gif

They drive on the same side of the road as you...

All I see in this debate* is stereotypes. Some people are even going along with the stereotypes of their own country. I like Australia because I was born and raised here. Oh and there was an international study done by many of the worlds leading scientists in the field, on what would be the safest place in the world. Guess where they chose? North-eastern New South Wales, Australia. I live only a few hundred km from the north eastern new south wales' border. So I'm happy.

* That reminds me, this should be moved to the debate section
Give up all you suckers we the tightest muthafuckas And you never seen us talking shit before now

You peelin' potatoes while we sonic alligators
Makin' records sellin' like we smokin' crack now

'Joe' -'what now'?
'We bad.' -'Bad how'?
'We make a track to shake a cow
and move you like you startin something nasty?

'And then' -What then?
'We do it again, don?t make no money for us to spend
on yachts and boats and planes and drugs and scooters?

- Hot Chip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users