Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why is the world so bad?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Mopey

Mopey

MotM July 2006

• Members
  • 4,572 posts
  • xfire:mopeyn
  • Interests:drawing, <br />cooking, <br />gaming,<br />anime &amp; manga,<br />photoshopping.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mopey Pi
Q. 1. Why is everything like it is?

A. The users of the PurePwnage Forums seem to be unfriendly and seem to try everything possible in order to make the newbies or every other users life hard. But that's just the first naive view.
When you use and watch the board more often and longer you start to recognize that it's about disciplinary actions. If you should see a thread with a €žflame€œ (tingler, paraphrase, allocation, link to FAQ) again, you should remember all those points I just pointed out.
That means:
Who is this person, what did he do in the past, how did he intrigue into the forum and what do you get of his posts? When you found out that it is a fool (honk, idiot, second account, child with no respect) you sould understand the flame as a disiciplinary action, as explained above.

Q 2. How should I act?

A. React on every potential (possible) flame with humour. They exist to relax, you don't have to understand that, just take it as a matter of fact.
It's not very intelligent to "flame back" with all you've got because it could be understood like an insult as in real life.
There are different perceptions on humour and who knows. After a certain time you can be sure to know how the wind blows.

Q. 3. How does a flame look like and what is its meaning?

A. Basically, "flaming" is up for the old stagers. But not because they think they have had a long time there, no: They do it because of much easier and traceable reasons.

Faq
If someone just gave you a link to the FAQ or said "RTFM" (Read the fucking Manual), then it means that you made a usual question. People don't bother to make new answers or phrases.
It's still nice if you get a link to the Faq and an answer to that.

Spam
That means someone doesn't take your thread serious, but if you are very serious about it, you should try to explain your thoughts in a second post.
Caution! Don't insult people who have been spamming before because it's 100% certain that there won't be any discussion in the thread. You have to be clear about the consequences.
The best way to manage Spam is to ignore those posts.
Closed
If your thread is being closed (without a reason), there could be two reasons:
That either happened because the moderator was in a bad mood or busy.
Or secondly, you have been attracting attention in a bad way before and the moderator cannot hope on disciplinalry actions.
Still, the "closed" happens because of the same reasons:
Wrong forum, incorrect post

Normal
Everyone tries to be and do that: A senseful thread with good comments, help, and so on. But still, harassers might appear then. But let me tell you that: These are the honks so just ignore them or flame with care. Be clear about the consequences.

Result
You are reading something and think "Argh what kind of idiot is that".
Read through the post a second time and mind the positions of smilies, the most important might be the one on top of the post.
If it's still not clear how he ment that ask in a quiet tone. If you flame, you should calculate a closing of the thread or even worse: The steering into another direction without any possibility to prevent that.
Furthermore, you should know that there are people who create two accounts (second Username) just for making ruckus.
The biggest pain for them is to counter to their flames with humour. For great justice!
People could have a bad day. Unfortunately, they can show that on the forum. You cannot change that, you only can accept it.
It's important that flames between two rivals only have to be seen as chaff and jolly.
You might think they have an argue but it's fun for them to diss each other.

Mop

/‚dit: I just noticed that this could fit better in the Newb Section, maybe as something every new member should read in order to understand how life might be on the forums.
My Benderarchive. Enjoy!
My real name is Michi, but the capitalist punks call me Mike. Adrenaline Junkie.
<3Click pics!

h0micide

h0micide
  • Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • xfire:basz0r
  • Interests:gaming, music, literature, physics
TLDR

Unseen Killa

Unseen Killa
  • Members
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:Skating/snowboarding, pretty much all extreme sports. Gaming of course.
  • Steam ID:Birdfeather4
  • Xbox / GFWL:Birdfeather
  • Wii:6292052913359869
Very good write, its uncomfortable joining a community without knowing the unknown laws and how people might act.

Gillz

Gillz
  • GA Private
  • 4,794 posts
  • Interests:Now we removed everything on your profile since ya wanna multi-account more. :P
  • Gamer Army ID:67
I don't agree with the statement relating to the members acting hostile. I think there is a large amount of dedicated members that are friendly, and make new members feel at home.

Mordok

Mordok
  • GA Private
  • 786 posts
  • xfire:slowmode
  • Interests:Computers, Gaming, Teamspeak, Rugby
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mordok44
  • PSN:14545142
  • Gamer Army ID:1162
There are a lot of friendly people here, people who try to be nice and welcoming. Every place has mean people its just somthing you have to accept. But I totally know what you mean Mopey.
Yeup its me Mordok/slowmode *Not on fourms much but on Teamspeak 24/7 :D*
IPB Image

Kaos Pwnage

Kaos Pwnage
  • Banned
  • 2,252 posts
  • xfire:dontbah8er
  • Interests:Games, PCs, swords, guns and Black Metal.
QUOTE (Gillz @ May 5 2007, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think there is a large amount of dedicated members that are friendly, and make new members feel at home.

yeah definately, particularly the guys from back in the day. Some of those dudes who hav come up all of a sudden and have over 1k posts arent the friendliest. Its mostly dudes whove been here from the start like Danoli3 who are friendly lol!
Dylan Klebold - "I know we're gonna have followers because we're so fucking God-like. We're not exactly human -- we have human bodies but we've evolved into one step above you, fucking human shit. We actually have fucking self-awareness."

Firefly

Firefly

I make movies, eh?

• GA Corporal
  • 5,099 posts
  • xfire:Fireflyfilms
  • Xbox / GFWL:Fireflyfilms
  • Gamer Army ID:121
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (Gillz @ May 6 2007, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't agree with the statement relating to the members acting hostile. I think there is a large amount of dedicated members that are friendly, and make new members feel at home.

QFT, I agree. Not everyone is out to get you icon_razz.gif
QUOTE (Geoff @ Dec 5 2007, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, a big thanks to Firefly for shooting most of this footage.

.:: Pure Pwnage Melbourne Premiere Footage ::.

ArKonIte

ArKonIte
  • GA Corporal
  • 4,622 posts
  • xfire:arkonite
  • Interests:Guitars, Gaming, Music
  • PSN:ArKonIte167
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:167
  • Company:Alpha
human nature tbh... We have, and always will, act like this.

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Steam ID:Cure_IMR

Saves me typing it out icon_razz.gif

Luckily most people learn quickly, in general theres more hostility in the threads that are remade or maybe something we've seen before. Just read the good/intresting/popular threads and your sorted.

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Stuff that goes boom
  • Gamer Army ID:220
LURK MOAR N00B

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
Could you remove those german letters bordering some of the words, mopey?

Guest_Rossco_*

Guest_Rossco_*
  • Guests
I <3 my member number

And I <3 all of you

sK.Candyman

sK.Candyman
  • Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • xfire:None
  • Interests:Games, Friends, Clubs, Dancing :D, Traveling, Girls?.
  • Xbox / GFWL:None
  • PSN:None
  • Wii:None

QFT....Their will always be "bad" people u just have to get used to it

Mopey

Mopey

MotM July 2006

• Members
  • 4,572 posts
  • xfire:mopeyn
  • Interests:drawing, <br />cooking, <br />gaming,<br />anime &amp; manga,<br />photoshopping.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mopey Pi
QUOTE (Gillz @ May 6 2007, 02:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is true. Most users are really not hostile.
I was talking about the people who are. I didn't mean to say all members act hostile.
There are always rotten apples and I was trying to explain what to do about them.
QUOTE (Pawnator @ May 6 2007, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could you remove those german letters bordering some of the words, mopey?
Thank you, done.
QUOTE (ArKonIte @ May 6 2007, 04:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
human nature tbh... We have, and always will, act like this.
Exactly. But some people are not used to that acting and feel uncomfy.
I was trying to bring an explanation so users who are being flamed or new here feel better and not awkward.

Mop
My Benderarchive. Enjoy!
My real name is Michi, but the capitalist punks call me Mike. Adrenaline Junkie.
<3Click pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users