Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pokémon Diamond erases my Fire Red/Emerald save games

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
I'm copy-pasting this from what I posted on another forums, but maybe you guys could help me too...

---

Okay, so I live in Sweden, and hence imported my Pokémon Diamond from the US. My DS is Australian, which shouldn't matter, but both my Pokémon Diamond and my Pokémon Emerald and Fire Red are US versions. All three say "USA" on them and have a ESRB rating on them.

Anyways, now that this is out of the way, I can go on to describe my problem. I've played my Pokémon Diamond since I got it, and I've played about 64 hours so far. I recently beat the Elite Four, and I got the National Pokédex. I got inside the Pal Park, so now that all this was done, I decided to try out migrating my starter Pokémons from Fire Red. As I do not have a GBA yet (I might buy one soon, so I can get Pokémon from Colosseum and XD), I use my DS to play the GBA games.

I start up Fire Red in my DS. New game, choose Bulbasaur, catch 6+ Pokémon, save the game. After saving is over (Yes, I made sure to not exit while saving), I turn off the DS and start Diamond. But to my great horror, I notice there is no "migrate from GBA" option on the main menu. To see what is wrong, I restart the DS and launch Fire Red. When I start the game, I get a message saying "Your data has been deleted", after which I can only start a new game. I start a new game, and save regularly, to try and troubleshoot a bit. After catching 7+ Pokémon, I save the game again. I restart my DS, and try to reload the save once more. It works fine. I turn off the DS again, and I launch Diamond again. No migrate option. I launch Fire Red again. Your data has been deleted.

icon_sad.gif

So I try my Emerald instead. When I launch it, without even remembering having tried to migrate before, it says the data has been corrupted, but the game is okay. I start a new game, and I select Mudkip and save a game. I reload the game to make sure it saved alright. It did. I launch Diamond. No migrate option (not weird I suppose, because you need 7+ Pokémon to migrate). I re-launch Emerald. Your data has been corrupted.

D:

At least the Diamond data is still fine - but I wonder if either there is something wrong with my two GBA games (unlikely, they were from two different sellers, and both the same language and version as Diamond), with my Diamond (Good bet considering it seems to be the villain in all this) or with my Australian DS (which I haven't modded or anything like that at all, so yeah...) I thought the DS was supposed to be 100% Region free, and especially it should work perfectly fine with games of the same language! I mean, all my other DS games are also US imports, and they play fine, as does Diamond.

And if you can't figure out why, please refer me to another forum or something where I can post this.

Thanks in Advance (lol)
/Hrugnir

Willypiggy

Willypiggy
  • Members
  • 310 posts
  • xfire:Willypiggy
  • Wii:1295831106846643
well I may be wrong but I remember reading somewhere that it could be possible that you need to be at a certain point to transfer... apart from that I dont know, your games could be faulty but this os the first ive heard of corrupted data, also this could happen if the internal battery has died.

^^ I Am Forum Stalker, Here Is My Latest Kill ^^

^^ Previous Kill's ^^

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
Okay, so it turns out both the GBA games were bootlegs, which doesn't really surprise me considering one was from Hong Kong. What pisses me off is that I left feedback to the sellers before I found this out... Well, at least this means my DS and my Diamond is working fine... I'm gonna get a proper version of one of the GBA games so I can transfer from Colosseum to my DS later... I've also ordered a GBA to Gamecube/Wii cable, and with a GBA that I'll borrow from my friend, I'm gonna see if I can at least transfer Pokémons from my bootlegged FireRed/Emerald games to my Colosseum. If I can do that, then it won't really have been a waste at all. If that doesn't work, I basically have a portable emulator of a game I won't play ;/

Even if I went through all the trouble of reporting the sellers to eBay and whatever, getting a refund is almost too much of a hassle for a game I only paid $20 for.

KillaCon

KillaCon
  • Members
  • 851 posts
  • xfire:killacon47
  • Interests:Gaming (obviously), music, PC/Tech, movies, friends, family, swimming, TV, and of course Pure Pwnage...
That sucks man, people who sell copies without telling the buyer are scum.

tiagorh

tiagorh
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Hey..
the same thing happened to me and, even though im not really sure my copy of fire red is a bootleg (looks original), im concerned

so before I buy a new Emerald game (was gonna buy from the same seller) id like to know if you (or anyone here) have a store or seller as a suggestion
did you happen to buy new versions and if so, did they work well with pal park?

thanks a lot!

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha

Its a well known issue.

Edited by Dirge, 01 August 2011 - 09:59 PM.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
Gonna be honest, I had never heard of it before. Sounds like it would be enough to turn some of the hardcore EV farmers away from Nintendo.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Oh yea well in my yellow version I had all 151. Let me GF borrow it and she deleted my file, and didn't finish the game.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
Did you hax or did you actually go to a convention to obtain Mew?

FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
tbh, if you had all 151 pokemon and caught the other 150 legitimately I dont think it'd matter how you got the mew.

But yeah when he said Pokemon Yellow I think it's obvious he likely cheated for the mew.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
I got mew through a trade, I don't know how THEY got it.

My other 150 where 100% legit and caught by me. I have vague memories of safari zone being a bitch to catch some certain pokemon..

But yea I shouldna let her play it I think.. I had the in game certificate and everything ;(. I knew she was gonna play it, but though she'd catch them all.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
You sir, are all kinds of champion. Noble enough to sacrifice years of work to please a woman.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ Aug 3 2011, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Noble enough to sacrifice years of work to please a woman.

Depending on the woman, I think any man would.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
So says Mr Abstinence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users