Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EPISODE 13 - Old Habits

• Please log in to reply
675 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this episode (810 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate this episode

1. 5 (best) (389 votes [48.14%])

Percentage of vote: 48.14%

2. 4 (291 votes [36.01%])

Percentage of vote: 36.01%

3. 3 (88 votes [10.89%])

Percentage of vote: 10.89%

4. 2 (18 votes [2.23%])

Percentage of vote: 2.23%

5. 1 (worst) (22 votes [2.72%])

Percentage of vote: 2.72%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Rumble

Rumble
  • Members
  • 62 posts
Good ep..... I love it but for some reason it just lacked a lot in my opinion..... it didn't answer my questioned that remain in the back of my head... atleast it answered the Big question... but.... honestly.... I'm disapointed.....but at the same time in love with it.
IPB Image

nintendoFREAK

nintendoFREAK
  • GA Corporal
  • 25 posts
  • Wii:1671185344408116
  • Gamer Army ID:438
Excellent work, Kyle.

The ep was great, but with 2 minutes left I was feeling really dissatisfied with it since it hadn't yet answered my questions about the season 1 finale. But by the end, I was completely satisfied. You are a genius.

Saind

Saind
  • Members
  • 71 posts
  • xfire:Saind
  • Interests:Fireworks, mostly, and for the rest, uhm, well, my computer
  • PSN:<Sux
Yeah, it was weird, and i didnt like where the storyline was going till the end, disregarding that, it was a very cool episode

thejaz

thejaz
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Yeah... lots of people say the original doco style was better, and I thorougly agree that the first eps were really good, but you can only go so far with them. I can only laugh at Jeremy humping a monitor and walking around microing for so many minutes before it gets kinda boring.

I liked the kids scene, the white scene was alright, but the hockey scene kicked arse. Definitely one of the best scenes of all PP time.

Personally I really liked where the old series was going - the Tetris scene was brilliant, all teh_masterer stuff was awesome, and every episode left you hanging, there was a constant reference to something awesome happening in the future with the Gamer Army. But Ep 13 didn't address any of that and so now what - was all the awesome plot suspense they spent so long building up just thrown away or are we left waiting longer?

The retro style is cool, but I want to see what happens on the plot side of things too. The best bits are the creative and original ones rather than just slightly modified replays of past scenes.

Rated: 3.

Guest_Rossco_*

Guest_Rossco_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Raikkonen @ May 4 2007, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well its harsh and contains some speculation but here it is.

I am an avid player of CoH and I have played c&c3. Conclusion - C&C3 is a spam fest that ignores rts development aka cover systems. CoH requires MUCH more skill than c&c3 to master and win in. So why has CoH gotten relativley no representation by "jeremy" even though if he really was the master of rts he would master CoH?

Simple. Relic Online is not rich. EA is. Here is my conspiracy theory folks.

EA bribed PP to plug C&C3 to regain their rep after the whole EA sux zh days. We see this when jeremy went to E3 and talked with the C&C3 guys.

Nice new monitor / big screen tv / free c&c3 / xbox360 / wii - perhaps gifts from ole EA?

Im rather ashamed at the lack of CoH or Supreme Commander integration and I really do hope they equally plug these games which are far superior to the childish C&C3 produced by EA mind you.

I am 21 and this in my opinion is just appealing to the younger PP audience because younger gamers approve more of spam fests whereas the realtive age of COH is jeremy's age group (20-40).

On a positve note its good to see Dave again and at least some gaming even if it is sports and spam.

I hardly think that's the case...

They don't have jobs as far as I know as all the money from teh noobstore is keeping them afloat

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:134
Nice to see teh_pwnerer is a nod scorp spammer as well! lofl 1v1 cw arena only, gogogo! j/k lofl Good episode, not as good as all the others content wise, but it looks like they're trying to find a balance between teh pp roots (ep 1-4 or so) and the storyline driven stuff (ep 5-12)

lol @ Dave popping out of no where...cheesy for the storyline...BUT GUESS WHAT FUCK IT! WE LOVE DAVE! I like how Dave took the food/wine bottle from the table as he left...LOL. Very badass.

And the part where jeremy plays against kyle's friend is so fucking true in RL, that shit happens all the time when you're playing with people, and it's an awkward situation to handle.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.
I offer SC2 coaching for $25/hr, msg if interested :)

Rastapaner

Rastapaner
  • Members
  • 93 posts
omfg... i was so pissed off through the whole EP...
i was SO PISSED!

WTF was going on there???
i hoped to see THE epic fight between doug and jeremy..but there were nothing oO
i just thought "wtf??? /ignore ep12 ??????"

but in the end....omfg... I just sat there like icon_eek.gif for about 5 minutes
IPB Image
XFIRE: rastapaner

Louis EX

Louis EX
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  • xfire:louis29126
QUOTE (Rastapaner @ May 4 2007, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
omfg... i was so pissed off through the whole EP...
i was SO PISSED!

WTF was going on there???
i hoped to see THE epic fight between doug and jeremy..but there were nothing oO
i just thought "wtf??? /ignore ep12 ??????"

but in the end....omfg... I just sat there like icon_eek.gif for about 5 minutes

Yeah me too. Kyle played mind games on us. But who cares, FTW DAVE WITH HAIR!

Bboboo

Bboboo
  • GA Private
  • 1,348 posts
  • xfire:Bboboo
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bboboo
  • PSN:Bboboo
  • Gamer Army ID:3400
Damnit I just picked up on something, in the end Jeremy says "and friends you can trust"

Leads me to believe friggin love triangle!

Whatever Im going to watch it again till time stops.

Louis EX

Louis EX
  • Members
  • 127 posts
Actually I'm still worried about Doug, is he dead or what?

fps tom

fps tom
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • xfire:fpstom1
  • Xbox / GFWL:fps tomh
QUOTE (Louis EX @ May 4 2007, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually I'm still worried about Doug, is he dead or what?

0mg theres no respawn points in RL
fps_tom

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• Global Mods - GA Brig. Genereral
  • 5,287 posts
  • Interests:Games (obviously :P ), Programming, Physics (especially Astrophysics)
  • Steam ID:virus52
  • Gamer Army ID:225
  • Company:Gamma
man, ive gotta say, i think that was the best episode so far!

AND YAY!!! DAVE'S BACK BABY!!
/me PWNS HIS MONITOR pp_smiley11.gif

Snubs

Snubs
  • GA Private
  • 1,844 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:68
QUOTE (maxz @ May 4 2007, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The big question is: Is doug dead?

I would say that he isn't, because Jeremy got hit by a similar hadouken attack as doug and didn't die.

It is a good question that we're all going to be wondering about for another 3-4 months ZOMG!~

I hope not. He's such a major character for the show... losing Doug would lose a lot of fans happiness with it.

Another thing to mention about that scene... Doug's bullet hit Big Bad, Big Bad's attack hit Jeremy, and Dawei's attack hit Doug... Could the bullet have a diff. effect than the attacks? hmmm...

"I was watching you thru the window. I made your favourite stew, just the way you like it." ZOMG FORESHADOWING!

n34301295_34279125_6211.jpg

Poffeman

Poffeman
  • Members
  • 496 posts
  • xfire:poffemanxfire
  • Interests:Gaming
  • Wii:19cm long
OK, the episode was good. One of the few that actually had me laughing irl wich I normaly don't do for pretty much anything. A LOT of gaming scenes wich I loved, in the beggining I felt that Jeremy was a bit over-acted. I hope you fix it like it was towards the middle/end.

But the fact that it was sooo short and the last scene was even shorter made me really dissapointed, so even though the episode was GREAT I could've been WAY better.

gg-ish
yadayadayada

Louis EX

Louis EX
  • Members
  • 127 posts
QUOTE (Snubs @ May 4 2007, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is a good question that we're all going to be wondering about for another 3-4 months ZOMG!~

I hope not. He's such a major character for the show... losing Doug would lose a lot of fans happiness with it.

Another thing to mention about that scene... Doug's bullet hit Big Bad, Big Bad's attack hit Jeremy, and Dawei's attack hit Doug... Could the bullet have a diff. effect than the attacks? hmmm...

"I was watching you thru the window. I made your favourite stew, just the way you like it." ZOMG FORESHADOWING!

However, Jeremy is strong. But Doug doesn't micro, he uses a gun.

Racer Jon

Racer Jon
  • Members
  • 13 posts
Wow, it really honestly is one of the best episodes so far.

Nice job.

Rated 4

OsirusBeta

OsirusBeta
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • xfire:jove88
Episode 13 FTW . I'm not quite sure if I can say whether I think it was the best episode so far, but it's up there for sure. It was definitely worth staying up all night to see. It was cool how it got back to the themes of the older episodes, but the way it ended...just leaves so many questions. Can't wait for the next episode now, it's gonna be a great season icon_razz.gif

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:134
Btw, Federer is OP in RL too lofl icon_smile.gif
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.
I offer SC2 coaching for $25/hr, msg if interested :)

Snubs

Snubs
  • GA Private
  • 1,844 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:68
QUOTE (Louis EX @ May 4 2007, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However, Jeremy is strong. But Doug doesn't micro, he uses a gun.

Right, and obviously the bullet hit Big Bad...
But are Doug and Big Bad dead? o jeez! What an intense cliffhanger!

n34301295_34279125_6211.jpg

13lade

13lade
  • Members
  • 98 posts
  • xfire:jaycmelito
Wow this leaves the paper blank for future idea's. Well any casting calls gimme a shout, lol.
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users