Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

thinking of buying a game eventually...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

A.Phobos

A.Phobos
  • GA Private
  • 1,735 posts
  • xfire:H17M4N23 _______ Quake Live: Hitman23
  • Interests:FPS, movies, Stand-up Comedy, And Stuff....
  • Steam ID:Hitman
  • Xbox / GFWL:wish i had one
  • PSN:suck mah ballz
  • Wii:1044724098965336
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:3494
  • Company:Bravo
Well, I was hoping you guys can give me suggestions on buying a game eventualy, like in teh summer. I thought of a few so far, like
Age of mythology gold edition
Hitman Blood Money
or Call of duty war chest

If you have any other ideas plz lemme know.

BTW, my rig isn't very good, it can barely run quake 4.

k thx,
H17M4N

m3ds

m3ds
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,482 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2994
If your looking for a game to involve you the entire summer then CoD is your best option from that list.

As far as some older games that you could run I would recommend...

Battlefield 1942: The game has a load of mods and still has a fairly active community. You can grab a SP demo here.

Unreal Tournament 2004: If you've never heard of Unreal Tournament, it's a fast paced fps with a rather large mod community. Grab a demo here.

Half-Life 2: I don't know how much of an explanation this game needs. The SP is absolutely amazing. By far one of the best single player experiences I've ever had. The main reason I recommend it is because of the incredibly large mod community. There are already tons of great mods such as Garry's Mod, Goldeneye Source, and Dystopia.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

Out of the ones in your list I'd say COD WarChest. SP Campaign's pretty amazing, and multi player's pretty fun. I'd suggest HL2/CSS over it though since there's a good handful of mods that are enjoyable, and you can play the Hide And Seek mod for CSS. icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.hideandseekfp.info/

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r
  • Banned
  • 1,114 posts
  • xfire:yankyjoe
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Apr 30 2007, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heyyo,

Out of the ones in your list I'd say COD WarChest. SP Campaign's pretty amazing, and multi player's pretty fun. I'd suggest HL2/CSS over it though since there's a good handful of mods that are enjoyable, and you can play the Hide And Seek mod for CSS. icon_biggrin.gif

I always see you guys playing that and I can never hop along ="( .

The best way to figure out what game you want, is to decide what genre you enjoy the most, then find a good gaming review site... And look at the reviews. icon_biggrin.gif . How I bought GOW... Only reason I got CnC3 was because Ive been playing that series since I was in 3rd grade.

ArKonIte

ArKonIte
  • GA Corporal
  • 4,622 posts
  • xfire:arkonite
  • Interests:Guitars, Gaming, Music
  • PSN:ArKonIte167
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:167
  • Company:Alpha
I was gonna say STALKER.. But since you don't have a very good pc... pp_smiley9.gif

Coop Solo

Coop Solo
  • GA Private
  • 242 posts
  • xfire:madkatkilla
  • Xbox / GFWL:I Csolo I
  • PSN:Csolo
  • Gamer Army ID:4616
Hey man, if i may make a suggestion, i would suggest the first unreal. The game doesnt have that bad of graphics and the single player will keep you on the edge of your seat, not to mention you can but it for like 10 bucks on the internet. Alright man, keep us posted on your descision

Frag Happy

Hey man, if i may make a suggestion, i would suggest the first unreal. The game doesnt have that bad of graphics and the single player will keep you on the edge of your seat, not to mention you can buy it for like 10 bucks on the internet. Alright man, keep us posted on your descision

Frag Happy

Pc is:
asus sli motherboard
2 7950gt's
2 gig corsair ram
intel duo core prossesor
19' acer monitor with gloss screen
logitech mx518 mouse
logitech g15 keyboard

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
[quote name='Coop Solo' date='Apr 30 2007, 05:27 PM' post='938664']
Hey man, if i may make a suggestion, i would suggest the first unreal. The game doesnt have that bad of graphics and the single player will keep you on the edge of your seat, not to mention you can but it for like 10 bucks on the internet. Alright man, keep us posted on your descision

Frag Happy

Hey man, if i may make a suggestion, i would suggest the first unreal. The game doesnt have that bad of graphics and the single player will keep you on the edge of your seat, not to mention you can buy it for like 10 bucks on the internet. Alright man, keep us posted on your descision

Frag Happy

Pc is:
asus sli motherboard
2 7950gt's
2 gig corsair ram
intel duo core prossesor
19' acer monitor with gloss screen
logitech mx518 mouse
logitech g15 keyboard
[/quote

I'd say STALKER. Just play it for a while and then restart, doing all of the quests. That ought to fill up your quest icon_razz.gif

Get a steam account with the Valve back catalouge.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Apr 30 2007, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and you can play the Hide And Seek mod for CSS. icon_biggrin.gif

lol that mod is the shit. It's so hilarious. Like you see a random-ass filing cabinet running around and you're like "ROFL".

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Apr 30 2007, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol that mod is the shit. It's so hilarious. Like you see a random-ass filing cabinet running around and you're like "ROFL".

ROFL, otaku, did you see my uber hiding spot on CS_militia? Probably not though, lol, but you can actually jump onto the tree on the roof eh? so I was a random toilet hiding on this tree and no one even noticed forever. icon_biggrin.gif

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Apr 30 2007, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heyyo,

ROFL, otaku, did you see my uber hiding spot on CS_militia? Probably not though, lol, but you can actually jump onto the tree on the roof eh? so I was a random toilet hiding on this tree and no one even noticed forever. icon_biggrin.gif

lol yeah you can do that shit, HILARIOUS. I was a projector hiding in a random-ass corner in Office, and no-one found me lol...it was so obvious..."hey, that projector doesn't go there? Meh."

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Apr 30 2007, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol yeah you can do that shit, HILARIOUS. I was a projector hiding in a random-ass corner in Office, and no-one found me lol...it was so obvious..."hey, that projector doesn't go there? Meh."

ROFL, how 'bout my uber hiding spot on de_train as projector? ontop of Bomstie B's train just on the middle, lol, projector's same color as the metal up there, rofl. icon_smile.gif

Solideath

Solideath
  • Members
  • 905 posts
  • xfire:xsolideathx
  • Xbox / GFWL:xsolideathx
  • PSN:xsolideathx
  • Wii:8631256620113728
cod war chest ftw! for fps

just to put it out there, if you have a dvd-rom, then C&C the first decade for rts
Whose the noob??

bts.Silence

bts.Silence
  • Members
  • 518 posts
  • xfire:btssilence
I'd absolutely get the CoD war chest. The single player campaign in CoD and UO is just incredible, I've never played a SP shooter that immersed me as much as CoD. I'm also a huge fan of UO's multiplayer mode Base Assault. Also I'd agree with Solideath, if you've got a DVD drive, C&C: TFD is a great choice for RTS. It even includes Renegade, the FPS based in the Tiberium universe.

by-tor2112

by-tor2112
  • GA Private
  • 2,274 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:skc132
  • Gamer Army ID:1860
QUOTE (Solideath @ Apr 30 2007, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cod war chest ftw! for fps

just to put it out there, if you have a dvd-rom, then C&C the first decade for rts

Why would you need a dvd-rom to run C&C? Like do you mean the C&C disk?... I don't understand icon_sad.gif

But I would say CSS/Half-Life 2 (You can get then in a pack) or the COD.

Fenix

Fenix
  • GA Private
  • 1,080 posts
  • xfire:Fenix1
  • Steam ID:FenixSX or Saionce
  • PSN:FenixSX
  • Wii:Stolen
  • Gamer Army ID:187
CoD
Lol I want to try that hide and seek mod

EsKiMo_MoNKeY

EsKiMo_MoNKeY
  • GA Private
  • 83 posts
  • xfire:eskimomonkey
  • Steam ID:brokenrift113
  • Xbox / GFWL:EsKiMoMoNK3Y
  • Gamer Army ID:4164
not to sound mean or anything but i really am tired of seeing posts about people wanting to know what game they should get really if you were that concerned look at reviews that are on the internet besides rewiews and such dont really matter because its whether you like the game any way so download a demo or borrow from a friend to try it but stop posting stuff like that please not just you but everyone

A.Phobos

A.Phobos
  • GA Private
  • 1,735 posts
  • xfire:H17M4N23 _______ Quake Live: Hitman23
  • Interests:FPS, movies, Stand-up Comedy, And Stuff....
  • Steam ID:Hitman
  • Xbox / GFWL:wish i had one
  • PSN:suck mah ballz
  • Wii:1044724098965336
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:3494
  • Company:Bravo
Thx 4 teh suggestions guyz.
BTW, I already have a valid steam account.
I got the CS:Source package, and the original Half life package with all the mods on it.
I wouldn't really like to order from places since I don't have a valid credit card, and I doubt my parents will let me use theirs.
I would rather buy things physically with cash.

u guyz hav been rly helpful.
ez,
H17M4N

EDIT: um... sry... I guess there shouldn't be another thread like this.

bts.Silence

bts.Silence
  • Members
  • 518 posts
  • xfire:btssilence
QUOTE (EsKiMo_MoNKeY @ May 1 2007, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not to sound mean or anything but i really am tired of seeing posts about people wanting to know what game they should get really if you were that concerned look at reviews that are on the internet besides rewiews and such dont really matter because its whether you like the game any way so download a demo or borrow from a friend to try it but stop posting stuff like that please not just you but everyone

Not to sound mean or anything, but punctuation and grammatical structure would make you sound a lot more legitimate. There's nothing wrong with someone asking opinions from forum members on what games would be worth a buy. This is, after all, a community of gamers. Reviewers can quite easily be payed to write a positive or negative review of a game, and it's entirely possible that someone might not have an excellent internet connection and doesn't want to spend several hours downloading a game demo, or have a friend with a copy of the game in question. Sure these kinds of threads are common, and sifting through a few of them might not be your idea of a good time, but if you don't want to read the contents of a thread, don't click on it and you won't have to.

Oh, and By-tor, the reason you need a DVD drive for C&C The First Decade is because it's only available for retail purchase on DVD, so you wouldn't be able to install it or play it if you didn't have a DVD drive.

killer_rabbit79

killer_rabbit79
  • GA Private
  • 1,570 posts
  • xfire:killerrabbit79
  • Interests:gaming, technology, neuroscience, philosophy
  • Xbox / GFWL:killer rabbit79
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:0167122459070060
  • Gamer Army ID:1640
Minesweeper is still cool.

If you're thinking of AoM, see if you're rig can run AoE3 first, it just might be able to.

The first Call of duty was good so you should be satisfied with that.

I don't know about Hitman but I personally wouldn't buy it.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (killer_rabbit79 @ May 1 2007, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Minesweeper is still cool.

If you're thinking of AoM, see if you're rig can run AoE3 first, it just might be able to.

The first Call of duty was good so you should be satisfied with that.

I don't know about Hitman but I personally wouldn't buy it.

Hitman Codename47 is pretty damn good.. but Hitman Blood Money (the latest) is my fav of the series. SO well done, THIS is how next-gen games should be... no suck, just lots of kickass. If you love singleplayer games? you can't go wrong with this one. The well thought out missions, the stealthy ways to kill people or even just knock them out and hide the bodies... it's just impressive all around. Hitman Contracts sucked though.. pretty much Codename47 with 3-4 different levels.. probably why it's not in Steam with the Hitman Collection, rofl. Anywho, as I said, worth the cash, but if you're looking for a great multiplayer game, this game has none of that, so other games would better do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users