Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I have EQ2 and here is what I have to say!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

teh_nooblet

teh_nooblet
  • Members
  • 18 posts
Never before have I played such an amazingly fun game. If you love MMOs and are searching for the best ones out there, this is it. I beta'd WoW, I have to say that it was a good, for Blizzards first MMO. But NO online game and I mean NONE even come close to EQ2. It just rocks my socks.

p.s. My socks havent been rocked for a long time
p.s.s. And man it feels good

Synistrad

Synistrad
  • Members
  • 158 posts
yeah but where's the pvp? if you love care bear games I imagine EQ2 is very fun to hang out with your buddies and chat it up while you kill some monsters. but whats the point of having a massive multi player if there is no real competition other then who has better equip or who can get to level 60 the fastest?

where's the punishment for the dicks in the world who just love to fuck you over anyway they can? you cant do anything about it other then attack them with words. can you even duel someone in EQ2?

Sicom

Sicom
  • Members
  • 71 posts
Nope, no dueling in EQ2. And from everything I've heard, there are as many people who've played both that sticking with WoW as there are EQ2. Obviously, both games appeal to different crowds.

Synistrad

Synistrad
  • Members
  • 158 posts
QUOTE (Sicom)
Nope, no dueling in EQ2. And from everything I've heard, there are as many people who've played both that sticking with WoW as there are EQ2. Obviously, both games appeal to different crowds.

agree with you there. like i said carebears will LOVE EQ2. you wont see any of them playnig WoW and if you do all you see them doing is bitching about getting pk'd.

DonIMaTrix

DonIMaTrix
  • Members
  • 20 posts
hmm i played the origional everquest i might get eq2 it depends. or WOW whichever im not really sure

teh_nooblet

teh_nooblet
  • Members
  • 18 posts
They wanted the game to be out on release day so they decided PvP would be added at a later time, most likely the next expansion.

And even without the PvP as of now its really fun, its not all about the highest level and equipment. Theres much more to it now. The quests are a blast. And it has the coolest/"funnest" crafting system ever. And thanks to crafting I know how to make some nice coin icon_wink.gif

Bubbles

Bubbles
  • Members
  • 1,284 posts
  • Interests:gaming, tokin yoshi, web design, raw hip hop ishhhh and that good ol punk rock
  • Xbox / GFWL:n0tbubbles
im buying wow played eq2 beta wasnt my kind of game at all

Evol Advocate

Evol Advocate
  • Members
  • 12 posts
I played WoW beta and own EQ2. EQ2 is really great if you want an immersive roleplaying experience. Get ready to run ALOT and to have an unreal number of quests thrown at you. Cities are HUGE and almost everyone has something for you to do. Really neat combat system to that goes way beyond just casting spells over and over or using skills over and over. I would say combat in EQ2 is equally if not more fun than WoW.

All in all though, it's probably going to be too slow for me. I don't have the time to play a game for 3 hours to get a piece of silver and a crafting reagent.

asmodeus5150

asmodeus5150
  • Members
  • 6 posts
I played both betas and decided to get EQ2 because I just couldn't get over the kiddie graphics of WoW.

I know graphics don't make the game, but being 29 years old, I just felt strange playing a game that looked more like pokemon.

13u1313a

13u1313a
  • Members
  • 54 posts
Hmmm funny my friends that haveplayed both seem to lean towards WoW, let me guess asmodeus5150 you wouldnt play wind waker for the same reason?

Evol Advocate

Evol Advocate
  • Members
  • 12 posts
Hey, in all fairness, windwaker paled in comparison to ocarina of time.

I am playing EQ2 now, why? Because fuckin WoW servers are down... Getting to be a regular thing.

Bubbles

Bubbles
  • Members
  • 1,284 posts
  • Interests:gaming, tokin yoshi, web design, raw hip hop ishhhh and that good ol punk rock
  • Xbox / GFWL:n0tbubbles
hmmm again dont join one of the 4 servers that got taken down pick a differnt one you st0pid noobelf

teh_nooblet

teh_nooblet
  • Members
  • 18 posts
I have a level 17 predator on kith server and then my friend remade on Blackburrow server.

So I went over there and since qeynos is so much nicer looking than freeport. I made a druid.

D200d5 0wn 50 h42d!

icon_smile.gif I love it, in a group I usually play caster/secondary healer. At my lower levels or in forest ruins I can take on 3 blues at once. Now thats love.

E-cj-II-ay-Q

E-cj-II-ay-Q
  • Members
  • 2 posts
On the 21st of feb 2006 kingdom of sky(KoS) is releasted as an expantion for EQ2, whch also brings out a few PvP servers should make the game even better and no u can acteraly PWN!!!
nw i lik played both eq2 and WoW and i'd say that wow is a bit to easy to uber out on and ive been playing EQ2 alot longer and only just lvl 60 hoping to get tu lvl 70 wen KoS comes out, if im lucky i'l get there in a month. I luv a gud chalenge, WoW fan u should take oneup as well rather than hav an easy ride!! ninja.gif

Silverslug

Silverslug

Best Console Contributor 2006

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
  • xfire:fruitsofherwomb
  • Xbox / GFWL:fruitsofherwomb
  • Gamer Army ID:118
i'm tired of the middle ages fantasy orcs and bullshit MMOs theres like 30303030 billion and there will be 0202020 more.

VicentE

VicentE
  • Members
  • 385 posts
To you WoW players who are saying that EQ2 is care bear. Might be, i dont know, i dont play EQ2 BUT, WoW is kinda care bear. Like what happens when you die? You loose a little durability and you have to run some extra minutes. In Lineage2, that i used to play, you can loose up to 10% and drop items from time to time... Now thats hardcore....
I dropped one of the best armors in the game but a clan mate picked it up...
IPB Image

Gith

Gith
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Well, EQ2 PvP is happily up and running. Still some tweaks going in here and there, but, it's a goer icon_smile.gif

Xp (and item + coin) loss from PvP deaths, Xp gain for killing others, etc etc.

Come have a peek icon_wink.gif

Mevado

Mevado
  • Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • xfire:mevado
  • Interests:gaming, leeching off poeple for shits n' giggles.
Yeah I played EQ2, and when I was done I said "SHIT, this game fucking SUCKS."

For one, when somebody says "Lets go play with all the little tinker bells." they MEAN it. That game has hippy crap all over it. Maybe its cause Im a sci-fi guy, but damn. Enchanted forests and small ass teddy bears that shot rainbows out of thier asses, is NOT a game for me.

"Fluffy hits you for 8675654 points of love"

QUOTE (fruitsofherwomb @ Feb 15 2006, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm tired of the middle ages fantasy orcs and bullshit MMOs theres like 30303030 billion and there will be 0202020 more.

THANK-YOU

Theres like what? No more then 10 half decent MMO's out there right now, and they are getting pretty damn old now. take AO for example. Old as ASS but its really the only toher choice from EVE....which I should check out....

[BFC]JokerGod

[BFC]JokerGod
  • Members
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:Games
QUOTE (Mevado @ Mar 3 2006, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I played EQ2, and when I was done I said "SHIT, this game fucking SUCKS."

For one, when somebody says "Lets go play with all the little tinker bells." they MEAN it. That game has hippy crap all over it. Maybe its cause Im a sci-fi guy, but damn. Enchanted forests and small ass teddy bears that shot rainbows out of thier asses, is NOT a game for me.
"Fluffy hits you for 8675654 points of love"
THANK-YOU

Theres like what? No more then 10 half decent MMO's out there right now, and they are getting pretty damn old now. take AO for example. Old as ASS but its really the only toher choice from EVE....which I should check out....

N owhat yo ushoudl check out are some games that arnt over hyped. Try Martial Heros and Ferentus.
Only the strong can survive.

~Join the fight! Stop WoW players from takeing over!~

I will RoXor your BoXor j00 n00bs

T w i Z t i D

T w i Z t i D
  • Banned
  • 5,157 posts
  • xfire:TwiZtiDJuggal0
  • Interests:watching you get clowned

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users