Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

for anybody who luvs DOW...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Silent_Assassin

Silent_Assassin
  • GA Private
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Gaming (uh, that's pretty much it)
  • Gamer Army ID:1592
man, DOW has to be teh best RTS game ever! sure, there may be some C&C fans out there who disagree but I would always prefer DOW over any other game.
what's also gud is teh patches. the one I have rite now lets me play without teh disk which is kwl.
I used 2 liek teh space marines, but they seem 2 slow 2 develop. I tried teh Eldar, but all teh AI did was patrol my concealed buildings until a commander came along and pwned me. Chaos i guess is for like satanists who like teh space marines and as for teh orcs... well I won't even go in2 dat 1.
Teh reason I liek teh imperial guard is because you can get a big army like quick as for quick victories and just in case that fails, you can get that huge tank thing to obliterise any resistance.

If there are any gamerz out there who play DOW (especially in New Zealand), reply with ur fav race and why, k?

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
QUOTE (Gaming_King @ Apr 21 2007, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
man, DOW has to be teh best RTS game ever! sure, there may be some C&C fans out there who disagree but I would always prefer DOW over any other game.
what's also gud is teh patches. the one I have rite now lets me play without teh disk which is kwl.
I used 2 liek teh space marines, but they seem 2 slow 2 develop. I tried teh Eldar, but all teh AI did was patrol my concealed buildings until a commander came along and pwned me. Chaos i guess is for like satanists who like teh space marines and as for teh orcs... well I won't even go in2 dat 1.
Teh reason I liek teh imperial guard is because you can get a big army like quick as for quick victories and just in case that fails, you can get that huge tank thing to obliterise any resistance.

If there are any gamerz out there who play DOW (especially in New Zealand), reply with ur fav race and why, k?

People like you make me embarrassed to be a member of the DoW community.

technoDave

technoDave
  • GA Private
  • 780 posts
  • xfire:tehdave1990
  • Interests:Games, programming, guitar playing, electronics and beer.
  • Steam ID:Seņor Giggles
  • Xbox / GFWL:biopunk08
  • Gamer Army ID:698
  • Company:Gamma
Please don't type your posts like Jeremy. It doesn't give a good impression.

Regardless, I got the original DOW with Company of Heroes and I really liked it. It's very different from a lot of other RTS games, so that kept it interesting. Things like the morale system, the way squads are used, giving most units both ranged and melee attacks and the way resources are gained by map control.

The whole 40K universe was new to me at the time, so that added some interest to the game. I'm not really a fan of tabletop games.
\m/

RaiDK

RaiDK
  • Members
  • 1,297 posts
  • xfire:Geshpenst
  • Xbox / GFWL:GummyBearRust
DoW is a bit disappointing if you're a tabletop player. You can see where they've cut all the corners... For example, IG squads get 2 weapon options. In tabletop they get about... 8?

Bolters need their proper mini-missile FX IMO.

suppertime

suppertime
  • GA Private
  • 299 posts
  • xfire:Suppertime
  • Interests:Gaming, Gaming, Gaming, Building useless shit
  • Xbox / GFWL:oXAo MKZ
  • PSN:= sucks
  • Wii:I'm too lazy ATM
  • Gamer Army ID:1752
QUOTE (Gaming_King @ Apr 21 2007, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GetTheFuckOutAndStayOut

You remind me of the intern in ep12... get out poser.

DoW is good but not great, it CAN be seen as the birth of squad based RTS in a sense... (Technically total war was but meh)

Unless they pull some crazy shit with Tyranids and Dark Eldar it will have it's place on a shelf...

Still, CnC3 and CoH are far better then DoW

-:email me:-:click for major lol:-
I AM BALD BUT I STILL PWN
What is a man? A miserable pile of IZGIZZIS OF COURSE!
I survived the ep13 release time thread

Overt_Ninja

Overt_Ninja
  • Members
  • 194 posts
  • xfire:overtninja
  • Interests:Gaming,<br />Hardware,<br />Guitar,<br />Heavy Metal/Rock
  • Wii:8557028613013346
DoW is a cool game. And it still works on my computer, nice... Didnt think about that. I might finish off the campaign for dark crusade one of these days.

Seriously though, typing like jeremy makes you look like a tard, just like he is supposed to act. Nobody ever seems to realize Jeremy is supposed to be acting as a narcissistic, single minded jackass. Teh_Pwnerer is not a good role model.

Nemesis.cF-

Nemesis.cF-
  • Members
  • 1,935 posts
  • xfire:nemesiscf
  • Interests:pwning pretty much all RTS games, some FPS once in a while.. even some RPG's.. oh, and i like computers too....did i mension i pwn?
sc > dow

1Tz l3ik T3h g05u and sTufF!? KeKe?

-.- stop speakin like a tard..

personally i gave up on dow after they released another expansion after never balancing the 1st..

LAN's attended: i31, Xleague.TV CNC3 Invitational, WCG UK 2007, ESWC UK 2007, The Gathering 2008, The SGL Summer Slam, ESWC UK 2008, LlamaLan 9, ESWC Grand Finals 2008, SparkLAN 5, LlamaLAN 10, ESL Intel Friday Night Game UK #1, ESL Intel Friday Night Game UK #2, ESL Pro Series UK Finals Season 2, SparkLAN 6, LlamaLAN 11, i38
LAN's attending:i39, Gadget Show Live 2010, LlamaLan 12

Nguman

Nguman
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts
  • xfire:nguman
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pretty Cool
  • PSN:Pretty AWESOME.
  • Wii:Pretty Nice
QUOTE (Gaming_King @ Apr 21 2007, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QFT
Even though you can't really spell.

suppertime

suppertime
  • GA Private
  • 299 posts
QUOTE (Nemesis.cF- @ Apr 22 2007, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sc > dow

personally i gave up on dow after they released another expansion after never balancing the 1st..

They nerfed chaos though...

ZeronX

ZeronX
  • GA Private
  • 351 posts
  • xfire:zer0nx
  • Interests:Drawing, skateboarding, music, guitar, video-games (FPS, RTS, Fighting), photography
  • Steam ID:ZeronX
  • PSN:ZeronX-YoY0
  • Wii:5264401994010155
  • Gamer Army ID:1852
I use to play DoW, until I bought ZH and from then on I preferred the faster gameplay of C&C. Now I play C&C 3! DoW, while the gameplay was different (point capturing and stuff), I thought it was a bit too slow for my tastes

DoW is an awesome game though, don't get me wrong. Relic does a good job at listening to the community, and they're obviously trying to make the game better and better in every patch. Got to love the kill-syncs

My favourite race is the Chaos Space Marines because I use to collect a bit of Warhammer 40k of them, and just cause I've always liked the evil races in... anything I guess. Anything that looked twisted and totally evil = win! To be honest, I've NEVER played any other race but space marines I think online. Wait... I think I played eldar once against a friend, for the first time ever, still won though. They'd have to be my second favourite race.

icon_smile.gif

-Reaver-

-Reaver-
  • Members
  • 3,265 posts
  • xfire:omgreaveristaken
  • Steam ID:reaver117
I came into this thread jumping with joy, then I saw... well...

suppertime

suppertime
  • GA Private
  • 299 posts
QUOTE (-Reaver- @ Apr 22 2007, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I came into this thread jumping with joy, then I saw... well...

We all did

RaiDK

RaiDK
  • Members
  • 1,297 posts
  • xfire:Geshpenst
  • Xbox / GFWL:GummyBearRust
QUOTE (ZeronX @ Apr 23 2007, 04:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got to love the kill-syncs

Unfortunately those sync kills use broken logic. Namely, any unit in a sync kill becomes invulnerable while in said sync kill. Did you just use meltabombs on a wraithlord tearing your marines apart? Sorry, but you just wasted them.

Deather99

Deather99
  • Banned
  • 1,262 posts
  • xfire:fpspete
  • Interests:Lots of things. The PP boards isn't the place to discuss that though.
This guy's gotta be fake... or 11. No one is that god damn stupid.

-Reaver-

-Reaver-
  • Members
  • 3,265 posts
QUOTE (RaiDK @ Apr 22 2007, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately those sync kills use broken logic. Namely, any unit in a sync kill becomes invulnerable while in said sync kill. Did you just use meltabombs on a wraithlord tearing your marines apart? Sorry, but you just wasted them.

That's really their only flaw, the other one being that the unit still regenerates. Although, you could use sync kills to your advantage xD

Hidden Dragon

Hidden Dragon
  • Members
  • 85 posts
  • xfire:hiddendragon1337
  • Interests:Gaming
  • Xbox / GFWL:too HUGE
  • PSN:too poor
  • Wii:0886864354389530
I like tau and necrons mainly because they are the new races, i got really bored with the others, i can see why people like c&c over DoW, it much faster but i still like DoW better because i used to play the tabletop game.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
QUOTE (Nemesis.cF- @ Apr 22 2007, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sc > dow

starcraft is guilt of that too though.

I like dow more than starcraft due to the pace difference and the fact the games don't take so long. I've never really been a fan of C&C but from what I remember I liked dow's unit mixing more over C&C's tanks icon_razz.gif

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
QUOTE (RaiDK @ Apr 22 2007, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If sync kills didn't make them invicible it would be pathetic because your unit would just be wasting time doing a killing move whilst they get blasted. The sync kills are great, one of the main reasons this game rocks so much. The main problem at the moment is the strength of dancing on how useless melee units are at hitting moving units because they have to stop to hit them.

DC is pretty much my favourite RTS at this moment. it may no tbe perfectly balanced but that doesn't stop it from being an amazing game.

Nemesis.cF-

Nemesis.cF-
  • Members
  • 1,935 posts
  • xfire:nemesiscf
  • Interests:pwning pretty much all RTS games, some FPS once in a while.. even some RPG's.. oh, and i like computers too....did i mension i pwn?
QUOTE (EEDOK @ Apr 23 2007, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
starcraft is guilt of that too though.

I like dow more than starcraft due to the pace difference and the fact the games don't take so long. I've never really been a fan of C&C but from what I remember I liked dow's unit mixing more over C&C's tanks icon_razz.gif

yea i'll agree with u on that.. cnc games dont really have too much variation from what ive seen...

DoW was a gg.. but they didnt balance it so it was ruin'd they had the oppertunity to have a rly big popular game it was in wcg aswell but it seems 2 me they would rather stick in more races and grab more money than fix the problems.

LAN's attended: i31, Xleague.TV CNC3 Invitational, WCG UK 2007, ESWC UK 2007, The Gathering 2008, The SGL Summer Slam, ESWC UK 2008, LlamaLan 9, ESWC Grand Finals 2008, SparkLAN 5, LlamaLAN 10, ESL Intel Friday Night Game UK #1, ESL Intel Friday Night Game UK #2, ESL Pro Series UK Finals Season 2, SparkLAN 6, LlamaLAN 11, i38
LAN's attending:i39, Gadget Show Live 2010, LlamaLan 12

-Reaver-

-Reaver-
  • Members
  • 3,265 posts
QUOTE (Nemesis.cF- @ Apr 23 2007, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea i'll agree with u on that.. cnc games dont really have too much variation from what ive seen...

DoW was a gg.. but they didnt balance it so it was ruin'd they had the oppertunity to have a rly big popular game it was in wcg aswell but it seems 2 me they would rather stick in more races and grab more money than fix the problems.

I think it's pretty balanced now, but people will claim it isn't just because they don't know how to beat certain races... Chaos I think is still a bit too strong, but I can't say for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users