Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Highs to lows

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
  • xfire:mantrousse
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mantrousse
  • Gamer Army ID:2055
  • Company:Gamma
Hey girls, and guys.

Let me begin my thread with what has made this thought seed.

I don't know if anyone noticed but i was away from April 6th to April 14th. For 8 days i was gonig skiing with my friends, a school trip in Les Arcs in the French Alps. We left on the 6th by coach and arrived at our hotel at around midday on the 7th.

We had an amazing time skiing .. ugh, it was the first time i had been, discluding 3 hours on dry slopes which were completely belittled by just putting my ski's on for the first time on real snow. First day was a bit boring, without sounding too arrogant, i was better than most beginners - luckily that afternoon we were split into 2 groups, a higher and a lower, i ended up in the higher group. Even that first day going down a ridiculously flat blue run was amazing, for those of you unfamiliar with skiing blue runs are the easiest runs beside from green slopes (nursery slopes).

Anyway, after the skiing we returned to the hotel, got our money, went to the village which was picturesque - i mean you're on the side of a mountain, and luckily enough i was with my best friends - we went to the shops, bought crepes and so forth. Eventually we went and ate the terrible hotel food, which would lead us further on in the week to buy pizza's instead of the dinner. Every night we would go to the pub, apart from two ngihts where we stayed at the hotel bar because there was a fight at the pub in which i ended up stopping a puppy from being hurt and pulling my friend back because he was laughing at the two people fighting. We continued this routine for the whole week, for search of a better word seeing as routine makes the time seem boring; the slopes got harder day by day, on the penultimate day, which i would argue was the highlight for skiing, we were on our 4th black run, 3226m high and feeling unstoppable.

On the 13th we boarded the coach and made our way back to London.

That's when you start feeling it. Back to London ... i mean, don't get me wrong, i am privelaged to have grown up in such a place. But it's just the thought of coming back and having to be stuck in my house all day, doing my homework, doing my revision, preparing for exams - it just seems so mundane.

We got back on the 14th, turning up at those ugly green school gates, i would say menacing but i think prison-like is more fitting. Of course, it's great to see your mum and your brother again, but then you get home and sit down.

All the excitement is gone, you're back in normality .. i don't get it. I just have this yearning to be with my friends, do things. Have that freedom and fun. Here i am, 6 days on from returning and i'm looking forward to going back to school for mainly the wrong reasons - to simply see my friends! I know i'm not going to be able to see them much outside of school for the next two months because i'm going to, hopefully, be overwhelmed in revision.

But anyways, the reason why i'm making this thread is because i was wondering, who else has got this? The feeling of coming from something so, i guess enlightening .. back to the same swing of things - and just feeling that everything is so small. Is that a good thing even? Just discuss, has it happend to you, can you relate to this - whatever.

klkl. pp_smiley2.gif

P.S -

Oh, and please, for the love of all that is Pwnage .. put some thought into what you're writing.

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
I got the same thing coming back from Melbourne + meeting some of the fans there. Ultimately though, your house is your home and it's where you feel the most comfortable. Sure it's fun going to new places but at home I have my PC, games consoles, comfy chair and secret Coke stash. Adventure is all well and good but it's not quite as good as the feeling of being in your own special place in the world ya know?

If only there was a way to somehow combine the two, then we'd be cooking with gas. icon_biggrin.gif
What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,576 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
Dude, I get the same sensation after a 3-day weekend. That first Monday back sucks sooo hard!

Brandon
sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

God

God
  • Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Interests:azn grrlz
what, do you think i went to school for the marks? lol no! for the friends of course!

there's a reason why i stay in the residence on the weekends and other people go home -- i wanna hang with my friends of course!
QUOTE (confrico @ Mar 15 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
chewing gum is sassy enough, let alone the extra fuck you of blowing a bubble

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Hmm, post-vacation syndrom or w/e icon_razz.gif It's something a lot of people with busy jobs tend to suffer from.

Try to imagine what I felt like after saying goodbye to Geoff and Jarett...

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
Yeah, i can imagine feeling the same thing if i went to a premier - and omfg, if that were ever possible in the big L, sheeyaz i would be on that. Scrap that, even if i could get a GA membership i would be on a high for a bit, no credit card you see.

It just smacks you in the face when you're back to 'normal' again.

melonqueen

melonqueen

Slayer of Bees

• Retired Staff
  • 2,881 posts
  • xfire:melonqueen
  • Interests:Gaming, web design, baking/cooking, drinking, Melons
  • Xbox / GFWL:melonqueen
  • Wii:0205097351995318
  • Gamer Army ID:148
  • Company:Pi
I know how you feel so much! After my trip in Jan-Feb, I feel really unsettled, I want to get out and explore more. But to do that I need my money from work. So I'm working still while I don't really want to be there anymore, but need the cash for a plane ticket. My aim is to have enough to go overseas to work for an undetermined amount of time. I'm literally going nuts at home lol
My Blog - The Retro Cook

n00b much.?

n00b much.?
  • Members
  • 284 posts
nearly ever christmas holidays.. round 11th of jan my family and bout 20 other families from my church go to this beautiful island resort called tangalooma on moreton island.. just off hte coast of brisbane.
its just gorgeous.. i love being htere so much hanging out with my friends.. hitting onthe only hot guy on the island lol and just sitting back looking at the sunset and watching the dolphins.. argh its so perfect..
when i get back to sydney reality hits...
reality sucks.. its a fact of life..lol

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
QUOTE (n00b much.? @ Apr 21 2007, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tangalooma

I thought that was a joke at first, but the pictures look niiice.

As for hitting on guys, i don't do that - but on the ski trip, there were a few ladies . . . pp_smiley4.gif

That's also part of the problem, coming back to London and it's like, you see everyone back in the 'school environment'. I'm sure you can all agree that school isn't the best place to get to know someone, whether it's a guy or a gal. It's interesting coming back, i wouldn't call it withdrawl symptoms - firstly i don't know what they're like, and secondly that's a bit of a strong word.

n00b much.?

n00b much.?
  • Members
  • 284 posts
QUOTE (Mantrousse @ Apr 22 2007, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought that was a joke at first, but the pictures look niiice.

um yer.. id put some of my own pics up but.. i dont know how.. lol

juX

juX
  • GA Private
  • 703 posts
  • xfire:joom8
  • Gamer Army ID:4716
  • Company:Hotel
Yeah man I know exactly how you feel, I work a lot these days so whenever I get out and do something fun, I don't want to stop. Same thing happened to me a the premiere, I had a lot of fun and I could of even stayed longer but I was so excited I just left, so now I am like aww man wtf... Even though I feel that way I know I was lucky enough to go. So its all good, you will get used to normal life again.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (n00b much.? @ Apr 21 2007, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
um yer.. id put some of my own pics up but.. i dont know how.. lol

Try www.imageshack.us

n00b much.?

n00b much.?
  • Members
  • 284 posts
QUOTE (Pawnator @ Apr 22 2007, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try www.imageshack.us

thanksss

so yer this is what i have to leave every year..=[[

thought id share.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (n00b much.? @ Apr 21 2007, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanksss

so yer this is what i have to leave every year..=[[

thought id share.

Woa! That one with the weathered ships is too awesome.

n00b much.?

n00b much.?
  • Members
  • 284 posts
QUOTE (Pawnator @ Apr 22 2007, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woa! That one with the weathered ships is too awesome.

they were deliberately sunk to make an artificial reef sorta thing.. you go snorkeling down there.. feed hte tropical fish bread..pretty damn fun

Punty

Punty
  • Banned
  • 49 posts
You returned to London, no wonder you feel down. London is the bumhole of the universe and several miles up it.

When I got back from a ski trip I didn't feel that way. When I've been travelling to some really run down countries upon my return to the UK I often think "everything here works, it's very safe and clean" but most people in the UK think it's shite because of the media imhotep.

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
QUOTE (Punty @ Apr 22 2007, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You returned to London, no wonder you feel down. London is the bumhole of the universe and several miles up it.

Na na na na, i have to disagree there. London is so culturally diverse, it has great history, good shops, good places - it has pretty much everything.

London's a great place to come, i'm sure lots of people who have been there would agree as well.

Punty

Punty
  • Banned
  • 49 posts
London's a shit place to go to, i'm sure lots of people who have been there would agree as well. icon_razz.gif

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
QUOTE (Punty @ Apr 22 2007, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
London's a shit place to go to, i'm sure lots of people who have been there would agree as well. icon_razz.gif

I hate you Chunty.

lol, joking G. Why do you think it's so bad anyway. There's so much to do here, so many people, cultures - ladies. How long have you actually spent here? I'm sure if you gave it some time you'd udnerstand its' merits.

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
Sorry if you don't care, but one of my friends made a video of the ski trip. It's pretty stupid, but it's slightly funny and you get to see lots of snow - And a bunch of my friends, yes, all of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md-7bhStClY

Lol, it's worth saying; ENJOY.

P.S -

LOLZ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users