Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Virginia Tech Shooting

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
And everyone thought it was just another crazy gun-toting America. Good for you guys, you just made based it on a stereotype!

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Gaming, Wii, filmmaking.
  • Wii:6447428556230302
QUOTE (Lead Enema @ Apr 17 2007, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just found out that the shooter was a foreign-exchange student. WTF. Whatever fucked up mental problems he had he brought with him into this country... what a fucking disgrace.

and he was able to get his hands on a gun say if he was in Australia he wouldn't of.

It's quite obvious the problem is 100% now with these massacres is the avalibility of guns, but no, people will QQ and blame it on "Parenting", yeah, someone please explain to me how parenting is gonna help someone who is obviously a psychopath.

Lead Enema

Lead Enema
  • GA Private
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Foreign Languages, Music (classic rock mostly), Art, Girls, Food, Vidia Games, Philosophy, Movies, Television, Poker (Texas Hold'em), Guitar, Reading Books, Naturalism, Horticulture, Entomology, Zoology, Psychology, Physiology, Lucid Dreaming, Martial Arts, Venusian Arts, Anthropology, Mind Expansion, Meditation.
  • Xbox / GFWL:= Pwnage
  • PSN:I feel sorry for it
  • Wii:Better than PS3
  • Gamer Army ID:1881
QUOTE (Kiron @ Apr 17 2007, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and he was able to get his hands on a gun say if he was in Australia he wouldn't of.

It's quite obvious the problem is 100% now with these massacres is the avalibility of guns, but no, people will QQ and blame it on "Parenting", yeah, someone please explain to me how parenting is gonna help someone who is obviously a psychopath.

WTF....only about 20 people have already said this but, there exists in America (and elsewhere), what we like to call the "black market" - this is a figurative place that you go to when you want to buy illegal shit (including guns). To say that if he wanted a gun in Australia he would not be able to get one is pure horse shit. If you want to get something bad enough you can get it anywhere.

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
QUOTE (Lead Enema @ Apr 17 2007, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WTF....only about 20 people have already said this but, there exists in America (and elsewhere), what we like to call the "black market" - this is a figurative place that you go to when you want to buy illegal shit (including guns). To say that if he wanted a gun in Australia he would not be able to get one is pure horse shit. If you want to get something bad enough you can get it anywhere.

I seriously doubt the "You can find anything anywhere", obviously if he was a student, I find it very unlikley that he is gonna walk down to a car park and happen to find someone selling guns, or is that actually a common occurance in the US?, if so, that's a major problem you might wanna look at.

Again, if guns were banned, do you think a taiwan exchange student could even afford a gun from a black market?, hell do you think a taiwan exchange student could even get access to mob members so they would sell stuff to him?.

Noone can tell me if you get rid of the majority of guns and crack down on even those who legally use them, you will not have less gun related crime, as the proof already shows, that if you get rid of the guns, you get rid of a large portion of the problem.

Now explain to me, what is the cause then if it is not avalibility of guns?, Culture?, we get the same culture here in Australia and I don't see kids shooting schools up, Parenting?, I would love to hear parenting 101 on this

"Now son, it's bad to shoot people"
"but dad then why do we have a gun"
"....."

and obviously if the kid has problems, he's not gonna give a shit about what his parents tell him.

The problem is, the psycho's can get the gun's with no problems at all, if he has to kill someone and he didn't have a gun he would probably use a knife or something, but tell me, how many people is a person running around a knife at a school gonna kill? 30? I doubt it.

Smokey

Smokey
  • Members
  • 3,394 posts
  • xfire:smokeymcfuzz
ok if this kid was a foreign exchange student, therefore an IMMIGRANT OF THE US; he wouldn't have been able to buy a gun from a store that sells legal guns.

so obviously this kid knew someone that knew someone that sold guns.
sup

Lead Enema

Lead Enema
  • GA Private
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Foreign Languages, Music (classic rock mostly), Art, Girls, Food, Vidia Games, Philosophy, Movies, Television, Poker (Texas Hold'em), Guitar, Reading Books, Naturalism, Horticulture, Entomology, Zoology, Psychology, Physiology, Lucid Dreaming, Martial Arts, Venusian Arts, Anthropology, Mind Expansion, Meditation.
I seriously doubt the "You can find anything anywhere", obviously if he was a student, I find it very unlikley that he is gonna walk down to a car park and happen to find someone selling guns, or is that actually a common occurance in the US?, if so, that's a major problem you might wanna look at.

It doesn't matter if you "find it very unlikely" - unlikely shit happens all the time. Over 30 people getting killed by a single shooter is "very unlikely", but it fucking happened. Purchasing anything illegally is not that fucking difficult, and stealing guns is even fucking easier.

Again, if guns were banned, do you think a taiwan exchange student could even afford a gun from a black market?, hell do you think a taiwan exchange student could even get access to mob members so they would sell stuff to him?.

A person in America can make 300 U.S. dollars in three weeks working at a fast food restaurant for Christ's sake - multiply that amount by 30 and that's what a street drug dealer can make. It is very likely that he could afford to buy a gun illegally. The very fact that you would say something to the contrary proves your ignorance. Also, you don't have to be directly connected to the mob to sell illegal shit.

Noone can tell me if you get rid of the majority of guns and crack down on even those who legally use them, you will not have less gun related crime,...

No duh... Less "guns" obviously equals less "gun" crime, but that does not mean less crime. As I said people aren't fucking stupid - they can find ways of working around the law if they want to.

Now explain to me, what is the cause then if it is not avalibility of guns?, Culture?, we get the same culture here in Australia and I don't see kids shooting schools up, Parenting?, I would love to hear parenting 101 on this...

Two Dead in Australian University Shooting

The problem is, the psycho's can get the gun's with no problems at all, if he has to kill someone and he didn't have a gun he would probably use a knife or something, but tell me, how many people is a person running around a knife at a school gonna kill? 30? I doubt it.

Again, if a person is going to take the time to plan a MURDER, he is probably not going give a shit if he breaks a fucking gun law, so he will just obtain a gun through illegal measures; at least, that is what a non retarded criminal would do - sadly, most criminals are not that stupid. The idea of a murderer attempting to go on a preplanned "knifing" spree is 100% absurd - unless he just has some sort of fetish for stabbing people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and to quote myself from earlier:

What I don't understand is why foreigners even give a shit. It's not like if American citizens have guns it's going to affect them at all. We're not debating "war" here which affects everyone; it's fucking "American" citizens' rights to own guns - it's our issue. Stop trying to solve issues that only affect America, and worry about your own country for a change. You don't see me trying to argue that the French should be allowed to have gay sex in the street if they want to - I just don't give a shit, and neither should you.

American gun issues don't affect you unless you come to America, so I suggest you start worrying about something more pertinent to your own country's welfare.

WASDfarian

WASDfarian
  • Members
  • 663 posts
  • Interests:computers, video games, classic rock
QUOTE (Lead Enema @ Apr 17 2007, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
American gun issues don't affect you unless you come to America, so I suggest you start worrying about something more pertinent to your own country's welfare.

yeah, i agree with that, but the quote was alittle...harsh

right, the problem is, everyone wants to tell another country what theyre doing wrong, but doesnt look at itself....yes, America has a gun problem, but its not like we dont do anything about it....we have many programs and restrictions pertaining to guns, but you only hear about the bad events....

the problem is, the majority of the european's(general, im just saying anyone who isnt american or canadian commenting) views in this thread are incredibly one sided...and unless you have lived in america, you really dont know our problems and have no right to tell us how we should solve it.....yes, getting rid of guns would be amazing, but if you look at previous posts, we discussed it already, and its not gonna happen

So stop diagnosing our problems, and look at yourself....more importantly, if your post doesnt pertain to the actual event, then piss off and post somewhere else plx

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Kiron @ Apr 17 2007, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Noone can tell me if you get rid of the majority of guns and crack down on even those who legally use them, you will not have less gun related crime, as the proof already shows, that if you get rid of the guns, you get rid of a large portion of the problem.
Now explain to me, what is the cause then if it is not avalibility of guns?, Culture?, we get the same culture here in Australia and I don't see kids shooting schools up, Parenting?, I would love to hear parenting 101 on this

they banned guns at the school. All that did was get more people killed...
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
QUOTE (Lead Enema @ Apr 18 2007, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't matter if you "find it very unlikely" - unlikely shit happens all the time. Over 30 people getting killed by a single shooter is "very unlikely", but it fucking happened. Purchasing anything illegally is not that fucking difficult, and stealing guns is even fucking easier.

2 problems there, first the goverment dosn't do shit about guns on the black market nor a good enough job of montering guns, another problem is that the avalibility of guns makes them easier to steal.

A person in America can make 300$ in three weeks working at a fast food restaurant for Christ's sake - multiply that amount by 30 and that's what a street drug dealer can make. It is very likely that he could afford to buy a gun illegally. The very fact that you would say something to the contrary proves your ignorance. Also, you don't have to be directly connected to the mob to sell illegal shit.

Again, problem with the police and goverment obviously not cracking down on crime syndicites (and if they are selling guns chances are they are part of a group, this is not weed we are talking about here, you have to get these guns from somewhere).

No duh... Less "guns" obviously equals less "gun" crime, but that does not mean less crime. As I said people aren't fucking stupid - they can find ways of working around the law if they want to.

no shit, but guns make things easier.

one or 2 attacks are bound to happen anywhere, as said before, there are nut jobs anywhere.
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles...16deadliest.htm
the fact that the US has a TOP TEN list of school shootings is a problem don't you think?

Again, if a person is going to take the time to plan a MURDER, he is probably not going give a shit if he breaks a fucking gun law, so he will just obtain a gun through illegal measures; at least, that is what a non retarded criminal would do - sadly, most criminals are not that stupid. The idea of a murderer attempting to go on a preplanned "knifing" spree is 100% absurd - unless he just has some sort of fetish for stabbing people.

Actually most school shootings seem to be crimes of passion, the student was dumped so he goes emo and thinks his world is over, so in his mind he thinks "I'm gonna end it all, why not take a bunch with me" he is not thinking rational and most likley does it on a whim, chances are if they didn't have a gun, they would A: get over it or B: Run around with a knife, the reason shooters kill themselves at the end isn't from disgust of themselves, its that they were most likley going to kill themselves anyway, why not have a little "fun" before that?..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh so I can't care anymore that 30 students got killed in a shooting, and I shouldn't give a crap that hundered of students have suffered the same fate in the past few years, man my eyes are now open, I shouldn't care about the Uganda crisis as well, because damn, it's in uganda, and I shouldn't give a crap about starving people in third world countries because, damn it dosn't effect me, and shit, man I just relized, I shouldn't care about global warming or the endagering of thousands of animal species because damn, that probably won't effect me for atleast another 30 years.

banditbear

banditbear
  • Members
  • 135 posts
QUOTE (Lead Enema @ Apr 17 2007, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't matter if you "find it very unlikely" - unlikely shit happens all the time. Over 30 people getting killed by a single shooter is "very unlikely", but it fucking happened.

Unlikely shit does NOT happen all the time or it wouldn't be an unlikely occurance in the first place.

Over 30 people killed in a corridor filled with classrooms of 15+ students, it is highly probable that a shooter could take out many more then just 30 people.
This man did not have many days to plan his shooting. From what I've heard the fallout, or argument which lead to this incident only happend a few days before.

The 2 men at columbine, planned their attack. But they were both fucking retarded, and planned it pretty fucking shittly.
This man had very little time to plan his attacks, and yet was able to take out more people... why? because the area was more crowded, and had less points of escape.

"Very unlikely" to shoot over 30 people by 1 gunman, yeah... right.. it's called planning, and executing an affective strategy.

It doesn't take much to chain some doors and find the best place to take out as many targets as possible in a confined area.

(I'd like to point out, I'm not condoning what this guy did, I think it's very sad. I'm just making a point here, that what he did isn't anything great and in-imaginable, Gun-laws in America and lack of security in schools lead to this accident. and it WILL happen again, with maybe even more casualties next time.)

what the fuck were you saying earlier about ignorance? are you a moron? Shootings, no matter where they happen affect people world-wide. I hope you seriously wake the fuck up, and stop having this idea of, careing only about what happends to you. You arn't the only person in the world.
(you as in "you and your fellow Americans" or any home-country for that matter.)

did anyone hear the story about the girls friend who supposidly layed down on the floor and pretended to be dead...

the shooter put 3 bullets in each victim.

I think he might of noticed the extra dead guy laying on the groun on the other end of the classroom.
either the shooter was too caught up trying to get as many targets as possible.
or he let the guy live for what ever reason...

but there's no way he would of missed him IMHO, since the guy was calm throughout the entire shooting. (according to wittnesses, although he was probally feeling alot of different emotions on the inside)

Well... this guy's probally going to be remembered as the next columbine, but it won't have the same affect.
...I feel sorry for his family now.. they're going to be put under alot of stress from the media in the comming weeks.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Apr 17 2007, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they banned guns at the school. All that did was get more people killed...

^^^^

kiron, he didn't get his guns legally. If the students could legally carry guns there would have been probably closer to 10-15 deaths maybe. This is actually a perfect example of gun control gone bad, not an argument that we should have more gun control.

Although I would rather not have students carrying guns, allowing faculty and at least security to carry guns would be a good idea. I still think the police fucked up more than anybody though...
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Ayashi

Ayashi
  • Members
  • 326 posts
  • Interests:Pony should pony pony
This is just horrible.. Before leaving for school this morning I heard about someone having killed a few people.. In the car I heard there'd been 33 casualties and my heart actually sank. And I never pray either since I think it's dumb, but this time I crossed my hands and did it. I don't know why this touches me so much.. It just does.. Feels so unnecessary and horrible.. There's no way in hell I'm ever gonna move to the US. Just visiting the severely messed up country seems frightening to me.

And on the subject of guns: They should be fucking banned from everyone except the police. I don't care if 'not owning one' gets a few people killed a year. 11 and a half thousand is a bloody immense amount of people.
QUOTE (Yes - Close to the Edge)
Down at the end, round by the corner,
Close to the edge, just by a river,
Seasons will pass you by

I get up, I get down.
Now that it's all over and done,
Now that you find, now that you're whole

lawlerer

lawlerer
  • Members
  • 1,128 posts
  • xfire:eelektrix
  • Interests:rock climbing, hacky sack, fishing, computers, video games, marijuana, spirituality, environment, etc
QUOTE (Ayashi @ Apr 17 2007, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is just horrible.. Before leaving for school this morning I heard about someone having killed a few people.. In the car I heard there'd been 33 casualties and my heart actually sank. And I never pray either since I think it's dumb, but this time I crossed my hands and did it. I don't know why this touches me so much.. It just does.. Feels so unnecessary and horrible.. There's no way in hell I'm ever gonna move to the US. Just visiting the severely messed up country seems frightening to me.
And on the subject of guns: They should be fucking banned from everyone except the police. I don't care if 'not owning one' gets a few people killed a year. 11 and a half thousand is a bloody immense amount of people.

Severly messed up country? I'm sorry I didnt realize we were in the middle of a civil war/genocide like some African countries, or even Iraq, where you REALLY cant walk outside without protection. This whole thread is a bunch of blanket statements and stereotypes, wtf people. USA is extremely safe, its not like these things are occuring in every state, every day...geez.
IPB Image

Ayashi

Ayashi
  • Members
  • 326 posts
I know I know... Though 'extremely safe' is an exaggeration, as well. Finland, Sweden and Norway are countries I'd call extremely safe icon_razz.gif You can basically pass out on the street without even getting touched, lol. AND these low-life Ghettos don't exist here. There are no dark alleys you can't visit at night. Most big American cities are quite dangerous.
Seasons will pass you by

I get up, I get down.

Lead Enema

Lead Enema
  • GA Private
  • 813 posts
QUOTE (lawlerer @ Apr 17 2007, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Severly messed up country? I'm sorry I didnt realize we were in the middle of a civil war/genocide like some African countries, or even Iraq, where you REALLY cant walk outside without protection. This whole thread is a bunch of blanket statements and stereotypes, wtf people. USA is extremely safe, its not like these things are occuring in every state, every day...geez.

Yeah, I blame the media for giving America a bad rap personally. This is because no other countries really encourage news/film/television near as much as we do, and they certainly can't compete with our efficiency when it comes to those things. It's just because everyone is constantly saturated with American news and culture that they have developed such strong opinions. I mean, if the Netherlands or Germany or w/e promoted the media like we do then we would be talking about their issues right now, and not America's issues. It's not that we have bigger problems (cause we don't) it's only that our problems are all anyone ever hears about.

banditbear

banditbear
  • Members
  • 135 posts
QUOTE (WASDfarian @ Apr 17 2007, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, i agree with that, but the quote was alittle...harsh

right, the problem is, everyone wants to tell another country what theyre doing wrong, but doesnt look at itself....yes, America has a gun problem, but its not like we dont do anything about it....we have many programs and restrictions pertaining to guns, but you only hear about the bad events....

the problem is, the majority of the european's(general, im just saying anyone who isnt american or canadian commenting) views in this thread are incredibly one sided...and unless you have lived in america, you really dont know our problems and have no right to tell us how we should solve it.....yes, getting rid of guns would be amazing, but if you look at previous posts, we discussed it already, and its not gonna happen

So stop diagnosing our problems, and look at yourself....more importantly, if your post doesnt pertain to the actual event, then piss off and post somewhere else plx

I've looked at Australias crime problems very thoroughly thanks. I've also looked at alot of gun-related incidents in America.
right, the problem is, everyone wants to tell another country what theyre doing wrong

I don't look at Americas gun problem, and crime rates because I want my country to look all high and mighty, I express my opinions because I feel they're correct, and should be given some notification, and not ignored. Simply because I don't live under the constitution of America, does not make my opinion any less notable.

we have many programs and restrictions pertaining to guns

and so do alot of nations around the world, and yet yours still allow weapons to be sold and bought with very little identification in some states.
I suggest you look at Virginias gun laws, in buying and selling guns and how easy it is to obtain one, LEGALLY.

unless you have lived in america, you really dont know our problems and have no right to tell us how we should solve it...

I haven't lived in America, one day I do plan on moving to the United States in law-enforcement.
Let me ask why... why do you have this notion, this idea, that if somone does not live under your constitution, follow the same laws, have the same restrictions and obligations as a citizen, have any less of a right to expressing their opinion to you.

I hope you realise, you are the one being quite one-sided, have you lived in another country before with tighter gun laws? Have you experienced a nation which does not have 12,000 + Gun related deaths per year? and don't you dare tell me America has more citizens, therefor more gun-related deaths. Statisticly, you have more gun related deaths then any other country, do the fucking maths. (don't even dare mention Africa.. it's a 3rd world country.. America is NOT)

Australia still holds the record for gun related mass murders though.
35 dead, 1996 Port Arthur Shooting
He used rifles though, AR-15's and an AR-10 and a shotgun by memory, I was a little young.. so I don't know.. but it lead to a nation wide banning of all Automatic, semi-automatic rifles in Australia, as well as many hand guns.

Statistically, gun-related deaths in Australia have been at an all-time low since then.

If America woke the fuck up, and offered a large rebate on gun-disposel, stopped selling guns altogether, eventually the gun problem would go down.
obviously some things like hunters rifles etc would still be readily available.
but really, in the end, it would lead to less deaths in America due to gun related crimes, not more.

Don't use the excuse that people have a right to protect themselfs, if they feel the need to protect themselfs, there's obviously a problem in the first place.
which starts with the gun laws in place, at the moment.
they NEED a looking into, I don't care how-far the restrictions go, but if just one more restriction was inplaced on guns in America after this weeks incidents, more lifes will have been saved.

and some good may have come out of this..

/cbf editing anything I fucked up there so w.e

lawlerer

lawlerer
  • Members
  • 1,128 posts
  • xfire:eelektrix
  • Interests:rock climbing, hacky sack, fishing, computers, video games, marijuana, spirituality, environment, etc
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070417/ap_on_...a_tech_shooting

We have a name!
IPB Image

Ayashi

Ayashi
  • Members
  • 326 posts
South Korean? 10 bucks they'll blame video games! icon_razz.gif
Seasons will pass you by

I get up, I get down.

Utttand4

Utttand4
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts
Im sure he learnt to fire a gun from playing starcraft and random korean MMOs.
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 17 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think console shooters suck balls.

Punty

Punty
  • Banned
  • 49 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Apr 16 2007, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but it won't work here. Period!

Why did you put a period after you had just typed a "period"?

QUOTE (Blackened12 @ Apr 16 2007, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am saddened by all of this, I saw it on the news. It's scary shit.

Its a tech school, so is that why they blamed it on games?

-Blackened

Why did you scribe your username after your post when we can all clearly see your username?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users