Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dragonball Online

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 705 posts
  • Steam ID:Seantbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Seantbh
Seen this on another forum I visit and I thought I'd post it here.

Story: It was Age 784 when Goku snuck away from the Tenkaichi Budokai with Uub. Then, about 200 years later, in Age 1000, the stage is set for "DBO"!! One day, during rigorous training, you sense a disaster strike the world!! The Earth is divided into parts by the Dark Eye, a lively group of scoundrels, whose mastermind is a total enigma... With the guidance of Time Patroller Trunks, who suddenly appeared, you set out on a journey to reclaim the peace which has been lost. On your adventure, you will meet many other players who have the same goal. Together, can you overcome your limits, defeat the mastermind, and save the world!?

Info:
http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view...2&subcategory=

Oh yeah, and it's going to be on the 360 too:

Author: Dorfdad
Ok folks we have a nice Gameswank EXCLUSIVE scoop here for you, back in March 2007 Bandai Namco announced that DRAGONBALL Online was in development, but what was not know to us untill now is that this title is also in development for the XBOX360! according to gamejob they are looking for a XBOX360 programmer for a Collection of MMORPG “dragon ball online” which is to ship in 2007 Korea/2008 Japan. No metion of the US/Europe but its sure to follow as Dragonball has a huge following around the world. Looks like World Of Warcraft gone anime! Could this be the answer for the XBOX360 in Japan?

http://www.gameswank.com/?p=57

Discuss.

Personally, I think this will WTFPWN.
I'll be picking this game up for sure.

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
I would love to see how they do this. I would hope they really stick with the story.

I like dragonball more than dragonball z because it's alot more peaceful and it had more storyline

Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 705 posts
I just wish I could find more info on the game. ;(

OmnipotantLlithid

OmnipotantLlithid
  • GA Private
  • 12 posts
  • xfire:Drstrangelove999
  • Xbox / GFWL:Drstrangelovelg
  • Gamer Army ID:1545
Thats going to be awsome... Love Dragonball.

Willypiggy

Willypiggy
  • Members
  • 310 posts
  • xfire:Willypiggy
  • Wii:1295831106846643
SWEET! gonna defiinetley buy this game!

^^ I Am Forum Stalker, Here Is My Latest Kill ^^

^^ Previous Kill's ^^

{}nE_sH{}T

{}nE_sH{}T
  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • xfire:oneshot06
  • Interests:Games, Writing, Anime, Manga
its about time they brought out an MMO version of dragonball, I was getting bored of the beat'em'up ones on teh PS2
IPB Image

Ronok

Ronok
  • Members
  • 186 posts
Oh my god...

Don't get me wrong a massive DB/Z fan, but... this can only be good if it's done REALLY well. Later on in the DB(Z) series they can just blow worlds up with a basic KI blast, this would be a bit unbalanced.

Theres a few things I have concerns about already.

1. Theres going to be to many players called things like 'Gokku' 'Gokuu' 'Gokou' 'Vegeeta' 'Trunx' 'Vegieta' 'Piccoolloo' 'Gohhan', or dressed identicaly.
2. All the bad guys are dead.
3. Combat system will be a bitch to create.
4. They wouldnt let me play as cell.
5. Theres only 2 real races they can put it, Human and Namek seeing as all the saiyans died.
6. It will probably turn out City of heroes-ish (not necessarily a bad thing, but it is for me)

The graphics look nice though.

Kiyo

Kiyo
  • GA Private
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:Females, Cooking, Movies, Games
  • Wii:4039649656823765
  • Gamer Army ID:2528
QUOTE (Ronok @ Apr 16 2007, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh my god...

Don't get me wrong a massive DB/Z fan, but... this can only be good if it's done REALLY well. Later on in the DB(Z) series they can just blow worlds up with a basic KI blast, this would be a bit unbalanced.

Theres a few things I have concerns about already.

1. Theres going to be to many players called things like 'Gokku' 'Gokuu' 'Gokou' 'Vegeeta' 'Trunx' 'Vegieta' 'Piccoolloo' 'Gohhan', or dressed identicaly.
2. All the bad guys are dead.
3. Combat system will be a bitch to create.
4. They wouldnt let me play as cell.
5. Theres only 2 real races they can put it, Human and Namek seeing as all the saiyans died.
6. It will probably turn out City of heroes-ish (not necessarily a bad thing, but it is for me)

The graphics look nice though.

1. In ANY MMO, you find players named 'Goku' 'Neo' 'Sephiroth' 'Juggernaut' 'Leeroy,' it's unavoidable. Best thing to do is to ignore it.
2. I like dead bad guys.
3. Combat system will probably be like... WoW lol
4. Cell pwns u
5. What about... buu...race? Well they could add those random ass animals they had.
6. Yes, yes it will
YouはShock! | SUPAA | Tunnel Snakes Rule!

Ronok

Ronok
  • Members
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (Kiyo @ Apr 16 2007, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. In ANY MMO, you find players named 'Goku' 'Neo' 'Sephiroth' 'Juggernaut' 'Leeroy,' it's unavoidable. Best thing to do is to ignore it.
2. I like dead bad guys.
3. Combat system will probably be like... WoW lol
4. Cell pwns u
5. What about... buu...race? Well they could add those random ass animals they had.
6. Yes, yes it will

Buu race? thought Buu was created by Majin Bibidi. Mind you they could try and implement a Kai race, the random animals would be as ghey as a cock flavoured loli-pop.

Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 705 posts
It's too early to make assumptions about the game.

Until more information is released we won't know what's going to happen.

I hope they don't fuck it up though.

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
QUOTE (Sean @ Apr 16 2007, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's too early to make assumptions about the game.

Until more information is released we won't know what's going to happen.

I hope they don't fuck it up though.

i don't know how they could.. unless EA makes it

seems extremely obvious what would make this game good and what would make it suck

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
  • xfire:Too lazy to open X-fire every time...
  • Interests:Wii!
  • Xbox / GFWL:fps anth
  • PSN:finally got a 360!
  • Wii:8250730335940364
  • Gamer Army ID:1158
I've never played an MMO. However, when this game comes out, it looks like I'll have to start. I'm just that hardcore of a DB fan. Also, it doesn't look that bad. You can give character's afro's! Super Saiyajin with an afro=win.

I beat Jarett in Tetris. Once. Then he beat me four times straight. But still, I beat him once!

remix10tails

remix10tails
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • xfire:remix10tails
  • Interests:Hanging out with friends, listening to music, like to draw even though i'm not good at it, and so on... :]
  • Wii:5592802407681689
man i would seriously buy this game. icon_biggrin.gif

GZuz

GZuz
  • GA Private
  • 148 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1613
DRAGON BALL ONLINE OMG WTF PWNAGE!

Holy it looks so epic!
Myspace
deviantART
Steam iD - N3UR0SIS

Brenner

Brenner
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:RedElite14
  • Xbox / GFWL:Brenner14
  • PSN:RBrenner
  • Wii:7811616637693823
  • Gamer Army ID:101
I've always wanted a DBZ MMO... I may actually get this...

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Stuff that goes boom
  • Gamer Army ID:220
um obviously fake. They basically just copied the WoW interface exactally and replacecd it with DBZ icons.

however if it is real...its the single most unoriginal, leeching game I've ever seen.....yet i am totally going to buy it XD

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
i doubt this is real... i dont see a DBZ mmo... i dont think itll work.

it doesnt even look like you can customise properly. theres gunna be 1000000000000000000000000 gokus running around looking all alike.

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:plays guitar.
I'm not a fan of MMOs but this game does sound interesting. More interesting than WoW.

Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 705 posts
How the fuck is it fake?

Author: Dorfdad
Ok folks we have a nice Gameswank EXCLUSIVE scoop here for you, back in March 2007 Bandai Namco announced that DRAGONBALL Online was in development, but what was not know to us untill now is that this title is also in development for the XBOX360! according to gamejob they are looking for a XBOX360 programmer for a Collection of MMORPG “dragon ball online” which is to ship in 2007 Korea/2008 Japan. No metion of the US/Europe but its sure to follow as Dragonball has a huge following around the world. Looks like World Of Warcraft gone anime! Could this be the answer for the XBOX360 in Japan?

Its obviously not if Bandai have announced that it will also be on the 360.

So what if they ripped the interface? It will still pwn.

Tendrax

Tendrax
  • GA Corporal
  • 6,237 posts
  • xfire:tendrax6(but I don't use it anymore)
  • Steam ID:Tendrax
  • Gamer Army ID:1000
I like the grapics style, seems very true to the anime. I might check this out if they offer a free trial/open beta or something.

Am I the only one that thinks the EXACT WoW interface rip off is funny?(probably)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users