Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I'm VERY disappointed

* * * - - 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

Aeros

Aeros
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,168 posts
  • xfire:finaeros
  • Interests:Failing at life, gaming, and college.<br />Respecting other people.<br />Being friendly.<br />
  • Xbox / GFWL:Buddy Duffman
  • Gamer Army ID:140
  • Company:Golf
QUOTE (Econojon @ Apr 15 2007, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, we didn't have any extra velvet rope to keep the lines in order, but that is the most ideal thing to do. All I could do is go to the back of the line to the front and ask people to take 10 steps back. The Bloor Cinema isn't exactly equipped to deal with the large crowds of people. I've made a couple suggestions that we do in the future:

1) Have a single line. Pre-orders and tickets together with tickets sold in the booth and then pre-orders at a small table next to it. Then have a seperate line where the pre-orders were to line up for entrance to the theater.

2) Get extra rope and literally line the rope in the middle of the sidewalk with a sign at the end. This way we can make sure pedestrians can still get by and the orders stay single file. Start roping at 1 PM. Anyone showing up prior to that will have to simply get back in line. This way we can make sure people don't have to start lining up too early.

3) Have 2 volunteers where their job is to direct people to the proper lines, stop any shoving in the line, and to have each volunteer at the start of each line to allow each set of people to the ticket booth or pre-order table at a time. Keep everything orderly.

4) Start ticketing earlier around 3 pm. This will be able to make sure everyone that could get their ticket, gets it faster. So that way we can spend more time taking care of those that have special concerns or preorder problems.

Also, I would like to thank everyone that helped me out with the ticketing, especially Snubs and JennyGo, and for everyone that kept orderly and didn't rush me. <3

I was thinking of 350 Metres of duct tape, 12 of the PP stickers (or print outs), and a No Noobs sticker (or, again, a print out). Using the tape you cordon off an area on the ground (leaving gaps for business entrances) taking up ~50-60 % of the sidewalk's width and running from near the Bloor's entrance to the corner and wrapping around it. Doing something likewise (but much smaller) for the Ticket Purchase line. Leaving the origin of both "lines" a bit back from the doors, you make a "No N00bs" zone and tape additional walk paths from both origins through a door, narrowing as you go.

Not as physical as the additional rope, but I think it'd get the point accross.

Then you get big guys (like myself) to volunteer as Security.
QUOTE (knightwhisper @ Aug 8 2007, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aeros = more than likely to some how break the internet
LIFT, DIP, T-BAG!

Kiyo

Kiyo
  • GA Private
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:Females, Cooking, Movies, Games
  • Wii:4039649656823765
  • Gamer Army ID:2528
Noobs will be noobs, I'm happy to know I wasn't one.
YouはShock! | SUPAA | Tunnel Snakes Rule!

ActiveNelson

ActiveNelson
  • Members
  • 74 posts
QUOTE (Fenyx @ Apr 16 2007, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe the San Diego meet being a little less popular will be a good thing.

Thats what I hope too. The less people means the more personal the preimier will be.

To the Canadians, sorry to hear what happend.

Me: My GF loots all my money :(
GF: I loot because you play more on WoW than you play on me. >=(

Econojon

Econojon

MotM April 2006 teh_straterer

• GA Sergeant
  • 5,427 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:32
QUOTE (Aeros @ Apr 16 2007, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking of 350 Metres of duct tape, 12 of the PP stickers (or print outs), and a No Noobs sticker (or, again, a print out). Using the tape you cordon off an area on the ground (leaving gaps for business entrances) taking up ~50-60 % of the sidewalk's width and running from near the Bloor's entrance to the corner and wrapping around it. Doing something likewise (but much smaller) for the Ticket Purchase line. Leaving the origin of both "lines" a bit back from the doors, you make a "No N00bs" zone and tape additional walk paths from both origins through a door, narrowing as you go.

Not as physical as the additional rope, but I think it'd get the point accross.

Then you get big guys (like myself) to volunteer as Security.

ooo I like that! Especially with the stickers! Good idea! icon_biggrin.gif

Aeros

Aeros
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:Failing at life, gaming, and college.<br />Respecting other people.<br />Being friendly.<br />
I was going to PM Geoff about it for the next T-dot premeire. I figure if I show up at 6 or 7 AM I can get everything set up before more than a dozen people are there....

Yeah, my bus ride back was spent figuring this out in my head. 300 meters for the actual lines, and another 50 meters of a different coloured tape (maybe 3 colours in all, white black and red) for lettering next to the signs for "Pre Ordered" and "N00bs."

Or maybe just "Buyers."
LIFT, DIP, T-BAG!

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (Gordoss @ Apr 16 2007, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
posters

OH GOD YES

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

nullox

nullox
  • Banned
  • 24 posts
  • xfire:SUXXX.
  • Xbox / GFWL:OMFG YES.
  • PSN:I'D TAP THAT.
  • Wii:SUCKS.
  • Gamer Army ID:1516
QUOTE (IrishSpuds @ Apr 15 2007, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my personal opinion is at the next big premiere, we, being the gamer army, help enforce the show. keep people under control and work as bouncers or something. i know if i was there, i would have been screaming at the crowd and doing w/e i could to hold them back and keep order. oh well, if i ever make it to a premiere and you see a random GA member enforcing law and order, consider helping out.

LOL. I'd get my ass kicked if I ever did that.

Ikki

Ikki
  • GA Private
  • 155 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1744
my personal opinion is at the next big premiere, we, being the gamer army, help enforce the show. keep people under control and work as bouncers or something. i know if i was there, i would have been screaming at the crowd and doing w/e i could to hold them back and keep order. oh well, if i ever make it to a premiere and you see a random GA member enforcing law and order, consider helping out.

Roger that, good sir.
I have the better micro.

Official Five-Time Attendee of the Pure Pwnage Premieres.

gadgad

gadgad
  • GA Private
  • 773 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:141
I agree that the pushing and rushing inside was kinda awkward. I was pissed off when people started rushing in and I was crushed by some noobs. The premiere was still awesome though. I guess experiences like that will make the organization change a little bit.

The Montreal Premiere was like 4 times smaller, and everything went well. I hope that some big screenings to come will not be getting out of hand.
8800 GTS//2gig of Crucial ballistix//e6850@3.0ghz//silverstone decathlon 750w//250gig sata wd hdd// modified Lian-Li v1200b
Custom Water Cooling: Alphacool Bullseye//EK blocks + Swiftech Apogee//dcc+ 18w modded top//Swiftech MCR-320 rad//

Balsac Jaws Of Death

Balsac Jaws Of Death
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Drumming, Swimming, Warhammer, and Pure pwnage
hey all
Balsac_Jaws_Of_Death here
yo man i didnt care really i still got a good seat and i wasn't ne where near the front of the line
if every1 is pissed about this, they shouldn't be because it noobs like u that will make the pp crew get security, and that will fuk up the screenings
Balsac_JOD

Balsac_Jaws_Of_Death
yo man
what the hell
its not like ne1 will listen to a few nerd(no offence but we all watch purepwnage)
i saw sum tank ppl there and without ne for of weapon u wont be able to do shit
if they had to get secrity (hopfuly they dont cuz that would suk) they should get som ppl that ppl will listen 2, like security guards?
thats just my oppinion tho
Balsac_JOD

Loyal-to-NOD

Loyal-to-NOD
  • GA Private
  • 463 posts
  • xfire:geeksonly
  • Interests:ur mom
  • Gamer Army ID:378
after reading econojon's suggestions i got an idea of my own, have one line for the pre-order and the people buying at the door and have them sell the tickets and hand out the pre-order tickets from the theater ticket booth

Shr3dd3r

Shr3dd3r
  • GA Private
  • 368 posts
  • Interests:Your mom.
  • Gamer Army ID:258
Wait.. what?

So, you want to have two lines, one for pre-order, and one for at teh door and have them buy at the booth.. that's exactly the way IT IS.
FLAWED.

Some kind of one line method is needed unfortunately.

Damilkman

Damilkman
  • Members
  • 398 posts
  • xfire:alecthesexylion9
  • Interests:Walking hand in hand on the beach.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Abondo
QUOTE (t3h_n00berer @ Apr 15 2007, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can predict California might be pretty bad, considering the amount of a fanbase located down there.

Oh god... I am going to get killed!

I am confused as to how early you can get tickets since you can't get them online anymore.
PoNe BoPpIn

Aeros

Aeros
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,168 posts
QUOTE (t3h_n00berer @ Apr 16 2007, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait.. what?

So, you want to have two lines, one for pre-order, and one for at teh door and have them buy at the booth.. that's exactly the way IT IS.
FLAWED.

I think she means one line PERIOD.

If you pre-ordered, you check in and you're G2G.

If you didn't, CA$10 and you're good to go.
LIFT, DIP, T-BAG!

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Metroid games, Nintendo, Guitar, Hockey (Maple Leafs fan), Basketball (Toronto Raptors), music includes metallica, dragonforce, trivium, megadeth, pantera and MeTroiD Metal. favourite game of all time is super metroid, love LOTR movies, simply enjoy a nice time chilling with my friends going out to eat or drink (i don't drink but keep them company of course) or just chilling at someones place, watching stuff, talking or playing Wii sports which is the next best new thing to do :) oh and megaman because MegamanXLanDarkZero said so :)
  • Xbox / GFWL:The Man Toss
  • Wii:2302372127657498
QUOTE (Balsac Jaws Of Death @ Apr 16 2007, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if every1 is pissed about this, they shouldn't be because it noobs like u that will make the pp crew get security, and that will fuk up the screenings

so those who follow the rules are the ones who are gonna ruin it for everyone?? those who came early, i dunno how early people went but i saw msgs people leaving at 11 or so, so those who come early have rights to that spot, thats why it's a line, and if things keep going this way, best they get security, i don't think people want a fight breaking out in line, not to mention cars nearby, random people walking by, kids and waht not, not a good thing if you ask me, if i misunderstood what you said then sorry, i just find it strange you'd say that, but maybe i'm just confused or something

i hope something can be done, i guess those who show up early just have to take charge and tell people how it's going down, no questions asked, it's like what we did when lining up for the Wii, being the 7th one ther,e i was one of the early birds, and we talked about how it was gonna go down, told everyone who came and so on, only had one jerk who claimed he'd bud and tell everyone to start a line on the other side, but he was a noob and basically didn't realize that alot of people were gonna get Wii's and he didn't come early enough

but if you guys want a one line method, i guess as NOD said, just give out tickets as people come and they line up that way, i think the confusion starts when someone comes at 11am and another guy comes at 11am, one has pre-orders and the other doesn't, so the argument is they both showed up at the same times, one may not have the luxury of credit card or w/e to use paypal (although you can use a bank account from what i recently discovered) but yea, i think thats were the conflict originally starts, although people have said and i do agree that those who pre-ordered do it so ensure they get that good spot and so on, which makes sense, but the only way around this confusion i think is just give out tickets as people come, but then wahts to say when someone gets their ticket the same jerks don't go to the back of the line?? i dunno, if people aren't gonna follow rules the first time whats to say they will the second time? security seems to be the only solution, for the lines that is, as for the meets, i'd say no for now because thats the best part and should be left untouched, but until someone gets hurt or a fight happens to break out then they'll have no choice

nullox

nullox
  • Banned
  • 24 posts
  • xfire:SUXXX.
  • Xbox / GFWL:OMFG YES.
  • PSN:I'D TAP THAT.
  • Wii:SUCKS.
  • Gamer Army ID:1516
Well if you're going to complain you've obviously never been to a concert then.

Loyal-to-NOD

Loyal-to-NOD
  • GA Private
  • 463 posts
  • xfire:geeksonly
  • Interests:ur mom
  • Gamer Army ID:378
QUOTE (t3h_n00berer @ Apr 16 2007, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait.. what?

FLAWED.

no what i meant was have the pre-order people and the ticket buying people in the same line. then they would sell the tickets AND hand out the pre-order tickets from the booth that way each person will have to go up to booth before they went in and that would stop people from rushing the doors.

Shorteh

Shorteh

GA Corporal

• Root Admin
  • 393 posts
  • Steam ID:navyseal@iraq
  • Gamer Army ID:227
  • Company:Bravo
I was at the Toronto premiere, and it wasn't that bad. I don't understand what you guys are talking about getting trampled. I was near the front of the line, where the Shwarma place was, and no one pushed or shoved me, in fact they waited till all the keeners got in. We still wound up with a seat on the first floor. What;s the big deal? First floor sure better view, but when they sell merch on the break, second floor was closer, and the cast are the ones selling the merch.

Yes it's disappointing, when the 12 year old kids are running their mouths and trying to be tough guys, because this community is about being fans of the show, and not being dicks. If you want to sit around and cuss, do it elsewhere. I remember some kids sitting behind us saying they could have fixed the projector in a number of seconds. News flash kiddies, if a professional projectionist, as well as Geoff and Jarett can't fix it, the odds of you fixing it are slim to none.

I also heard them remarking that they wanted a refund for the film being in black and white. The quality of the experience was not degraded without the color. Maybe for 12 year olds with under developed brains, but to most people, the brain compensates for the black and white, and adds color. Anyways, I had a good time talkin with Skrie, Geoff, and Miranda's Dad. I met some chill Americans who came from Michigan Shaun, and his two friends I'm sorry I forget your names.

Please kids be considerate of the other people that go to these premieres. They have all paid their $10 just like you. If you're unhappy, then don't stay in the theatre and ruin it for the rest of us.

Thanks!

We will be at the Montreal premiere next time because since the Toronto premiere is local, every 9 - 12 year old in the city shows up and they are annoying as hell.

Sorry Toronto People, but Montreal will be a bit more grown up and respectful I hope!
Follow me on Twitter @CoderAndrew
Check out my Blog! Nobody Reads It!

moo113

moo113
  • GA Private
  • 220 posts
  • xfire:moo113
  • Wii:6780186683936388
  • Gamer Army ID:343
It was actually so brutal that many of the line cutters were crushed into the doors by the massive rush into a bottleneck like that. One grenade could've killed us all.

Being the third "group" to arrive at the theatre just before 11AM and watching these people disrespect our attempts at peaceful aseembly, I can only completely agree with t3h_n00berer. And Shorteh, being in the very heart of that first initial rush was very different, most of our guys were crushed into either other people or the adjacent walls. We were all there to have a good time and many of these "fans" ruined the experience for us.

And as angry as I was, I was still concerned about the well being of everyone, a lot of people could have easily gotten seriously hurt.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
3) Have 2 volunteers where their job is to direct people to the proper lines, stop any shoving in the line, and to have each volunteer at the start of each line to allow each set of people to the ticket booth or pre-order table at a time. Keep everything orderly

I've worked security for clubs and parties, and I'm kind of an a-hole when it comes to people pushing and shoving. Cutting lines is a no-no.

Ummm, anyone can be in the gamer army. I'm sure quite a few of the people who were doing that are in the gamer army. Kind of why i'll never join icon_smile.gif Should have a screening process for morons (not directed to you by any means, just a generalization).
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users