Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What makes you a man

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Snagglepuss

Snagglepuss
  • Banned
  • 1,786 posts
  • xfire:iamamaterialgirl Posts: 23,292
  • Wii:5913099593754175
Tonight, my friends and I were jonesing for some booze, but everybody of age we knew was away or not answering the phone. Had nobody of age to buy for us, had to vote on the oldest looking, which turned out to me me. walked into the LCBO (Canadian government-run liquor store), picked up four fourties (1L bottles) of Colt45 and Vexes for myself and some friends, didn't get ID'd or anything. Was quite the accomplishment..

Doesn't make me a man, but looks like somebody thinks I'm older than I am, at a place where they card people in their 20s still.

Any stories? What do you think makes somebody a man?

Discuss
but a being of
| Human is nothing | What is Human? | Malice and Misery |

but a being of

VulgaritySocks

VulgaritySocks

Second only to DougHChrist! | Wisest Poster 08

• Members
  • 4,423 posts
  • xfire:h00nestr00b
  • Interests:Defenestration, interpretive dance...<br />Dreadlocks?<br /><br />This is stupid.
Man... weren't you at the premier tonight?

CrispyDuck411

CrispyDuck411

IRC Awards 2006: Best Linker

• Members
  • 2,286 posts
  • xfire:cr1spyduck
  • Xbox / GFWL:CrispyDuck411
Hmm, I think the first time I "became a man" is when I shared my first beer with my dad. We were up in Washington D.C. a few summers ago and he offered me a cold one. I obviously obliged. And I shared some epic bonding time with my dad.

But maybe he shouldn't have offered me that beer because tonight I got drunk of my arse off of vodka.. icon_sad.gif
IPB Image

Morbodis

Morbodis
  • GA Private
  • 608 posts
  • xfire:morbodis
  • Interests:Games, Music, Anything Artistic, and my mates
  • Gamer Army ID:347
You're not a man till you stop a moving train..

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
A Y chromosome?
What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

Snagglepuss

Snagglepuss
  • Banned
  • 1,786 posts
  • xfire:iamamaterialgirl Posts: 23,292
  • Wii:5913099593754175
QUOTE (VulgaritySocks @ Apr 15 2007, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man... weren't you at the premier tonight?

Yeah. But I didn't go to the screening. My whole day:

10:50am, Dino and I get picked up by an older friend, he picks me up a bottle of Tanqueray
11:10am, Dino and I bus, subway and eat our way to go downtown for the premiere
1:00pm, after much loafting we arrive. I see some people in line I recognised, and asked around.
2:00pm, went to the picture session at the dominoes.
2:30pm, after staying there with a group of people from the forums, left for Eaton Center where four other of my friends were.
6:00pm, friends decide we should go juicing tonight, so we start heading back, go to the LCBO, story as I explained above
8:30pm, arrive at friends house, after much loafting. Eat a pizza, play xbox 360/watch through random movies, begin drinking
10:00pm, we leave for Tim Horton's, see our friend and dealer there. Buy 1.3gs. Another friend tags along.
10:40pm, go in friend's house to roll
11:00pm, blaze, drink more, go to the park, fought a bit with one another
12:00am, chill at a friend's house, eat.
2:30am, five more friends show up, we decide to buy some more chronic. Two leave.
3:00am, blaze
3:40am, driven home

Can't say I regret not going to the screening, 'twas quite an eventful 17 hours.

QUOTE (CrispyDuck411 @ Apr 15 2007, 04:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I think the first time I "became a man" is when I shared my first beer with my dad. We were up in Washington D.C. a few summers ago and he offered me a cold one. I obviously obliged. And I shared some epic bonding time with my dad.

But maybe he shouldn't have offered me that beer because tonight I got drunk of my arse off of vodka.. icon_sad.gif

I remember the first time my dad offered me beer.. I declined. I didn't get another offer for like a year. But of course, I've been drinking long before he offered.
but a being of

but a being of

VulgaritySocks

VulgaritySocks

Second only to DougHChrist! | Wisest Poster 08

• Members
  • 4,423 posts
  • xfire:h00nestr00b
  • Interests:Defenestration, interpretive dance...<br />Dreadlocks?<br /><br />This is stupid.
Hmm... I see...
But being a man? ... ... I could answer this question one of two ways. I could either treat it with the sarcasm that I generally treat 9 out of 10 questions asked in such a manner, or I could take it seriously and rationally analyze it in every way possible in a long rambling and incoherent post that helps no one.
I shall therefore be sarcastic and just say that although a penis generally assists one pursuing the manly way of life, I think it's a gun that's larger than your body mass that seals the deal.
Exhibit A:

Lead Enema

Lead Enema
  • GA Private
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Foreign Languages, Music (classic rock mostly), Art, Girls, Food, Vidia Games, Philosophy, Movies, Television, Poker (Texas Hold'em), Guitar, Reading Books, Naturalism, Horticulture, Entomology, Zoology, Psychology, Physiology, Lucid Dreaming, Martial Arts, Venusian Arts, Anthropology, Mind Expansion, Meditation.
  • Xbox / GFWL:= Pwnage
  • PSN:I feel sorry for it
  • Wii:Better than PS3
  • Gamer Army ID:1881
I first felt like a man when I smoked my first Cuban cigar when I was 16. My friend's dad was a cigar collector and he offered me one on my 16th birthday. It was awesome, and I've been smoking them off and on ever since.

Syntra

Syntra
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts
  • xfire:MSN
  • Steam ID:SyntraIsCool
  • Xbox / GFWL:None
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:Noplayonline
Mah balls?

Maybe the time I punched this asshat out....

He was a wigger, always wiggering it up, you know. So one day we just got fed up, started telling him he was white, he got mad, etc, I punched him, then just walked away. the end.
Weiman took my virginity.
Currently playing: Fallout 3 - Fifa 09 - The Orange Box

Lead Enema

Lead Enema
  • GA Private
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Foreign Languages, Music (classic rock mostly), Art, Girls, Food, Vidia Games, Philosophy, Movies, Television, Poker (Texas Hold'em), Guitar, Reading Books, Naturalism, Horticulture, Entomology, Zoology, Psychology, Physiology, Lucid Dreaming, Martial Arts, Venusian Arts, Anthropology, Mind Expansion, Meditation.
I punched the shit out of this guy (friend of a friend) for burning paper and stuff on a space heater in my billiards room. I punched him so hard he flew over the pool table and got knocked cold. I later found out I gave him a concussion; luckily it wasn't serious. I didn't really feel like a man afterward though. I kind of felt like a tool, actually - he was a pretty shrimpy kid.

tIb

tIb
  • Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • xfire:alistairw
QUOTE (Lead Enema @ Apr 15 2007, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I first felt like a man when I smoked my first Cuban cigar when I was 16. My friend's dad was a cigar collector and he offered me one on my 16th birthday. It was awesome, and I've been smoking them off and on ever since.

Have fun with your cancer, quite a manly thing.
fuck off nosy

Lead Enema

Lead Enema
  • GA Private
  • 813 posts
QUOTE (tIb @ Apr 15 2007, 03:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have fun with your cancer, quite a manly thing.

You aren't supposed to inhale cigar smoke, buddy.

If you do you'll most likely throw up and never want to smoke one again.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (CrispyDuck411 @ Apr 15 2007, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ROFL SHOTGUN! SHOTGUN!

But seriously, what makes you a man? Depends what your deinition of man is. IMO, a natural dick and testicles
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

tIb

tIb
  • Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • xfire:alistairw
QUOTE (Lead Enema @ Apr 15 2007, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You aren't supposed to inhale cigar smoke, buddy.

If you do you'll most likely throw up and never want to smoke one again.

Lol, I've never smoked one, although I've heard they're very good. That said I have no desire to try one. Just seems kinda odd giving another person's 16 year old son a cigar.
fuck off nosy

Lead Enema

Lead Enema
  • GA Private
  • 813 posts
QUOTE (tIb @ Apr 15 2007, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, I've never smoked one, although I've heard they're very good. That said I have no desire to try one. Just seems kinda odd giving another person's 16 year old son a cigar.

Yeah, maybe if he gave me a cigarette or something, but a cigar is different. It's more of an occasional "sit back and enjoy while watching the game" type of thing as opposed to an addictive cancerous stick that you can't go an hour without smoking.

You're supposed to savor them - like a fine wine I guess.

DemomanScotboi

DemomanScotboi

MotM July '07

• Banned
  • 3,063 posts
  • xfire:henx12
  • Interests:Buyin',Sellin',Tradin',Stalkin people to make em buy 'er sell.
  • Gamer Army ID:808
yea TIB...a cuban and a cigarette is like wine and Vodka.

but i suppose sex is what makes most men... icon_wink.gif

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
You're not a man till you've either

A) Defeated the entire chinese army single handedly with just your fists and a bag of gum.

B) Arm wrestled Chuck Norris. And won.

C) Destroyed a several million strong zombie horde, dual wielding a 12 gauge in one hand and an m60 in the other with an at-4 strapped to your back.

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

Mopey

Mopey

MotM July 2006

• Members
  • 4,572 posts
  • xfire:mopeyn
  • Interests:drawing, <br />cooking, <br />gaming,<br />anime &amp; manga,<br />photoshopping.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mopey Pi
I really do not want to see your friends if you look the manliest and oldest in your friends-circle.
That was definitely not "manly", it was more like what you have to do anyway when you're young.
Doing that is like the first step into.. well, into buying liquor, I guess. Everyone must have done that in life, once.

If you really want to hear a blunt opinion about what makes you a man.. here it goes:
What makes you manly is having sex. Sex with a girl who knows what she is doing, not a drunken victim.

Mop
My Benderarchive. Enjoy!
My real name is Michi, but the capitalist punks call me Mike. Adrenaline Junkie.
<3Click pics!

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
For a boy to be called a man he has to walk down a certain number of roads but I can't remember how many it was..

Anyone know?
What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (Pwnstar @ Apr 15 2007, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For a boy to be called a man he has to walk down a certain number of roads but I can't remember how many it was..

Anyone know?

Which also happens to be the Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users