Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Not really THAT music related...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Greven

Greven
  • Banned
  • 50 posts
QUOTE (Contrallion @ Apr 13 2007, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey everyone. Shut the fuck up. Nobody cares about how big your music storage space is. Everyone that contributed here fails. All the OP did was say something strange about his playlist, and you morons have to chime in with your useless bullshit.

Which is exactly what you just did. If you don't like a topic, don't post in it.

Contrallion

Contrallion
  • Members
  • 1,778 posts
O RLY? I didn't post any numbers here. Why? Because nobody gives a shit about how much music anyone has on their hard drive. Period.

Greven

Greven
  • Banned
  • 50 posts
QUOTE (Contrallion @ Apr 13 2007, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would love to live in a world where nobody gives a shit about how much music anyone has on their hard drive, so will be an arse to people until they agree with me.

Fixed.

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
QUOTE (Contrallion @ Apr 13 2007, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey everyone. Shut the fuck up. Nobody cares about how big your music storage space is. Everyone that contributed here fails. All the OP did was say something strange about his playlist, and you morons have to chime in with your useless bullshit.

It's the way of the internet.
Guy A: I like music.
Guy B: WELL YOUR MUSICAL TASTES PROBABLY SUCK, NOOB! STFU YOUR FACE!

QUOTE (Greven @ Apr 13 2007, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which is exactly what you just did. If you don't like a topic, don't post in it.

But the topic wasn't about that, it was about how some guy had 1337 songs in his playlist.

QUOTE (Greven @ Apr 13 2007, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fixed.

Wow, that's mature. Hey, look, I can do that too.
QUOTE (Greven)
I'm a wanker who makes up for my shortcomings by starting pointless fights on the internet!

IPB Image

Greven

Greven
  • Banned
  • 50 posts
Whatever tbh. I'm not the one being verbally abusive/totally hypocritical.

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
QUOTE (Greven @ Apr 13 2007, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatever tbh. I'm not the one being verbally abuse/hypocritical.

No, but I've seen a thousand people like you before, both online and in RL. You start a fight because you feel a need to be seen as superior and a non-conformer, but you keep it just civil enough that you can attempt to take the high-road if you don't win the fight.
I say we all just stop posting in this thread, forget any of this ever happened, and go get some frosty chocolate milkshakes or something.
IPB Image

Greven

Greven
  • Banned
  • 50 posts
QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Apr 13 2007, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, but I've seen a thousand people like you before, both online and in RL. You start a fight because you feel a need to be seen as superior and a non-conformer, but you keep it just civil enough that you can attempt to take the high-road if you don't win the fight.

If that were the case then you still could have just poined it out without the name-calling. Or, even better, simply not bothered posting and lowering yourself beyond the already low level at which you perceive me to be.

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
QUOTE (Greven @ Apr 13 2007, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that were the case then you still could have just poined it out without the name-calling. Or, even better, simply not bothered posting and lowering yourself beyond the already low level at which you perceive me to be.

I didn't call you anything, you called yourself something. Didn't you see how it was quoted? pp_smiley8.gif
I never said I percieve you to be at some kind of low level. Hell, I've done what you did myself before. As long as you learn from it and change a little, it's not a huge problem.
As I said before, I think we would all be a lot happier if we pretended that this thread never existed, and all go on with our lives a little wiser than before, as productive members of this forum community.
IPB Image

Greven

Greven
  • Banned
  • 50 posts
QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Apr 13 2007, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I said before, I think we would all be a lot happier if we pretended that this thread never existed, and all go on with our lives a little wiser than before, as productive members of this forum community.

No thanks I'm fine.

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
QUOTE (Greven @ Apr 13 2007, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No thanks I'm fine.

So you're going to come to this forum, be a complete dick to veteran members, and not take a fresh start when given one?
Well, I've tried being civil, but I can't help you if you're not even going to try.
Good day sir.
IPB Image

dubbs

dubbs
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,346 posts
  • Steam ID:dubbs332
  • PSN:JJAMUS
  • Gamer Army ID:621
QUOTE (VulgaritySocks @ Apr 13 2007, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool. You have an opinion!
No one gives a fuck.
Why are there always retards in this fucking section?
Congratulations. Your penis must be enormous.

How could there NOT be retards in a music section? From my perspective, music is the most controversial section on this forum. Nothing pisses a person off more than a person that likes "shitty music", and their more than glad to use their acid tongues.

It's the way the world works, for god sake. And it's obvious that Greven would flame Jory, notice the Burzum banner in his signature. That my friend, is a sign that he will flame anything that he doesn't like. Metal heads have the most biased opinions about music.

Greven

Greven
  • Banned
  • 50 posts
QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Apr 13 2007, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you're going to come to this forum, be a complete dick to veteran members, and not take a fresh start when given one?

Like I'd somehow be privileged if certain people stopped being assholes?

Take your head out of yours.

Sk_pulse

Sk_pulse
  • Banned
  • 648 posts
you all lose I have 101+ gigs
and around 500 cds

I FUCKING WIN

Greven

Greven
  • Banned
  • 50 posts
QUOTE (Sk_pulse @ Apr 14 2007, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I FUCKING WIN

I have vinyl, too.

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Greven @ Apr 13 2007, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like they're probably shitty rips found on Limewire or w/e then tbh. I'd rather use up more disk space with tracks that sound considerably better.

Or maybe I rip my songs off CDs at 196 KBPS, as opposed to the retardedly high rates everyone thinks they need. Standard CDs burn at 196. If you think you can get better quality off a CD than the CD has, you're retarded. Stop fooling yourself

And here's my grand total, about half of what you have Greven (Good job! You have more music! Now how much of it could you possibly listen to, as it takes about 2 months for me to rotate all the songs through my mp3 player?) But only about 1/4 of your space usage. I think it's pretty obvious here that you have an unnecessary rate on your tracks..
His name is Robert Paulson.
I get banned with a little help from my friends
QUOTE (Gillz @ Jan 26 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post
Last time I checked, you didn't have the right to tell me what to do?

Greven

Greven
  • Banned
  • 50 posts
QUOTE (Sikotik @ Apr 14 2007, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blahblahblah I think it's pretty obvious here that you have an unnecessary rate on your tracks..

192KBPS with EAC actually, and about five albums in lossless which I downloaded. And why? BECAUSE of limited disk space. If you honestly can't tell the difference between your shitty WMP/Itunes/whatever rips and anything more substantial, then you must either have some pretty bad hi-fi equipment or be a little on the deaf side tbh (hence listening to NIN, perhaps?).

QUOTE (Sikotik @ Apr 14 2007, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Standard CDs burn at 196.

No.

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
QUOTE (Greven @ Apr 13 2007, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
192KBPS with EAC actually, and about five albums in lossless which I downloaded. Something here doesn't add up... icon_confused.gif

Lossless is at 400, I believe... so it depends on how long the songs are. If they're Dream Theater-length songs, then they're going to be a whopping size.

And since you feel apt to edit your post and insult me...
If you honestly can't tell the difference between your shitty WMP/Itunes/whatever rips and anything more substantial, then you must either have some pretty bad hi-fi equipment or be a little on the deaf side tbh.

Firstly, I'm an audio producer. I have extremely good equipment, because I produce about 3 or 4 local acts around Buffalo that have recently won battles on local radio stations. I have to have good ears to pick out distortion, hum & buzz.. calling me deaf is an ignorant statement on your part to make you feel secure with yourself. Don't think you can just waltz in here and start insulting everyone on your first day. I've had tracks sent to me at 256, 196, 128.. You can tell a clear difference between 128 and 196, but anything ripped above 196 off a standard pressed audio CD is near impossible to tell.

Maybe you should try learning a thing or two about the music industry before you go around acting like you're so cool because you're wasting space with your 400 bitrate songs.

Oh, btw.
No.

Yes. I'm basically the second hand man of the guy who runs the label I'm on. I think I'd know a thing or two about CD Pressing rates.

Greven

Greven
  • Banned
  • 50 posts
QUOTE (Sikotik @ Apr 14 2007, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lossless is at 400, I believe... so it depends on how long the songs are. If they're Dream Theater-length songs, then they're going to be a whopping size.

And since you feel apt to edit your post and insult me...

Firstly, I'm an audio producer. I have extremely good equipment, because I produce about 3 or 4 local acts around Buffalo that have recently won battles on local radio stations. I have to have good ears to pick out distortion, hum & buzz.. calling me deaf is an ignorant statement on your part to make you feel secure with yourself. Don't think you can just waltz in here and start insulting everyone on your first day. I've had tracks sent to me at 256, 196, 128.. You can tell a clear difference between 128 and 196, but anything ripped above 196 off a standard pressed audio CD is near impossible to tell.

Maybe you should try learning a thing or two about the music industry before you go around acting like you're so cool because you're wasting space with your 400 bitrate songs.

lol, you really are a petulant child.

Firstly, you have already quoted a "fact" which is incorrect, and on top of that totally ignored that I have a mere handful of albums which were ripped to lossless.

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
QUOTE (Greven @ Apr 13 2007, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Firstly, you have already quoted a "fact" which is incorrect, and on top of that totally ignored that I have a mere handful of albums which were ripped to lossless.

You have no actual proof. I'm pretty sure someone who produces music pand works with a label head would know a bit more than Joe Shmoe off the street. You also ignore the fact that it's not the number of albums, but the length of the songs. a 10 min song at 400kbps is going to be a lot more than 10 3 minute songs at 196. I assume the albums run somewhere between 60-70 minutes, so at 400kbps thats no laughing matter. Then to have 5 of them, you're talking appx 300 to 350 minutes at 400kbps. That'll eat quite a bit of space.

Greven

Greven
  • Banned
  • 50 posts
QUOTE (Sikotik @ Apr 14 2007, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have no actual proof. I'm pretty sure someone who produces music pand works with a label head would know a bit more than Joe Shmoe off the street. You also ignore the fact that it's not the number of albums, but the length of the songs. a 10 min song at 400kbps is going to be a lot more than 10 3 minute songs at 196. I assume the albums run somewhere between 60-70 minutes, so at 400kbps thats no laughing matter. Then to have 5 of them, you're talking appx 300 to 350 minutes at 400kbps. That'll eat quite a bit of space.

Yeah yeah, you've got an 8 track recorder in your basement. We get it.

Eat quite a bit of space and also sound a fuckton better than your crap and indeed the rest of my (admittedly not entirely bad quality) audio files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users