Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WTF?!? Imus!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
  • Interests:fireworks, weed,
exactly...you aren't seeing it...because you want to see it as a racist comment.

imus was bashing womens basketball he was bashing the apperance of women basketball players and how they look nasty playing the game.

look at a WNBA player after 4 quarters and tell me you'd hit that....well maybe you're the wrong person to ask that question to.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Snagglepuss @ Apr 12 2007, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You really are a simple-minded person. It's not a comment against fucking hair. St1d, don't obscure the argument here, it's pretty obvious what he meant. There aren't many white people with nappy hair.
Nappy-headed isn't racist. But if you say something which the characteristic is attributed among a group of people, add a derogatory word after, then it very well could be racist. Slanty-eyed isn't racist. But if I went to an asian and said "You slanty-eyed fucker", I'd bet he'd be pissed as hell.

he'd probably be pissed cuz u called him a fucker... seriously... go up to anyone and call them a fucker and they would probably be pissed off...

now if you went up to him and said "wow you have slanty eyes" he probably wouldn't be upset. He'd probably thinkg you were really wierd and feel bad for you.

the nappy-haired part is not offensive at all... calling them hos is offensive, but it's only offensive to the basketball team. Other black people have no reason to get offended other than just being sensitive...
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Snagglepuss

Snagglepuss
  • Banned
  • 1,786 posts
  • xfire:iamamaterialgirl Posts: 23,292
  • Wii:5913099593754175
QUOTE (st1dinoh @ Apr 12 2007, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
exactly...you aren't seeing it...because you want to see it as a racist comment.

imus was bashing womens basketball he was bashing the apperance of women basketball players and how they look nasty playing the game.

look at a WNBA player after 4 quarters and tell me you'd hit that....well maybe you're the wrong person to ask that question to.

He could have meant it in a non-racist way, in the way you'd just mentioned, I know that. But the opposite is still just as likely, you can't deny.

He should have been more careful with his wording.

For the record: I'm against Sharpton and Jackson, I don't know if his intentions were racist, I'm just arguing the other side.
but a being of
| Human is nothing | What is Human? | Malice and Misery |

| Human is nothing | What is Human? | Malice and Misery |
but a being of

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

Oct 2007 - Mario Kart DS Tournament winner or something

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:CS, console gaming, basketball, movies.
  • Xbox / GFWL:anucadivad
  • Wii:5446973000736267
QUOTE (st1dinoh @ Apr 12 2007, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WRONG

i can call any peron a nappy headed ho, it's got nothing to do with thier race, and everything to do with thier hair being all fucked up.

so what he's racist against hair styles.

fuck that noise.

the mans life is being ruined by 2 of the biggest douchebags in the world on some mission of selfpromotion and white hatred.

what imus said wasn't racist in the slightest, it was stupid, and insensitive, and dumb...but none of that makes a person a racist...that is untill thoes cock suckers sharpton and jackson show up with the rainbow coalition.
nappy isn't racist, n00b is racist, cracker is racist, flower is racist,

nappy is not friggin racist.

is the word lazy racist twords mexicans....not unless you are racist and think all mexicans are lazy

is bashing welfare racist twords blacks....not unless you are racist and think all welfare recipients are black

this is such a crock of shit.

he only apologized because he didn't have any options, once the racist white hating jackson and sharpton showed up with thier puppets in tow nbc was forced to "take action" and he was forced to "apologize" in a futile attempt to shut the dirtbag loudmouth white haters up.
you're a racist

Thats really a fallacious argument because you're not including the fact that he was indeed referring to an overwhelmingly black team. Now, think of it this way. Sure the word lazy isn't in itself racist, nor is bashing welfare, but when you ARE referring to a mexican or a black person, it becomes racist. Calling some dude lazy isn't racist. But when you say "Hey you lazy mexican" or "hey you black guy on welfare" it becomes racist.

If you don't get it, theres just nothing to say. If you keep reasoning yourself out of this, theoretically anyone can reason themselves out of thinking that calling a black guy a n00b isn't racist. I can just imagine some dude saying "Well, its just a form of negro, which is just spanish for black, so its all good!"

Connotation is the key word.

-edit- Oh, and another thing. You mentioned he had a spotless record or something over his 30 years as a broadcaster? Thats not what I've heard at all. He's gotten in trouble for this kind of thing before.

Pauleh

Pauleh
  • Members
  • 1,028 posts
  • xfire:Pauleh
  • PSN:Pauleh
Off air he was a racist there were reports that he walked up to a black receptionist and called her a n*gger to her face and he has admitted this along with other things in the past, he has also been called out infront of the public before now for other racist comments that have been forgotten.

He got what he deserved besides he wasn't fired for the comments. The sponsors pulled out and without them he is nothing therefore no reason to keep him on board unless they want to keep the drama focused on them not doing anything.

Not to mention he is a moron to try and defend him self on several shows including al sharpton's show and using terms like 'Cracker' and 'you people' how the hell does that help, and he keeps bringing up his ranch with black children in it, so fucking what. Here is another quote that helped him "I bet I've slept in a house with more non related black people than you have", the guy is to old to be on air and has lost it he HAD to go, it was his time just his fuck up for going out like this.
Zombine, heh get it?

Christron

Christron

I'd fuck the shit out of the Queen

• GA Private
  • 2,916 posts
  • xfire:Steam: Headlightsunderwater
  • Interests:Music and Games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Christron
  • Wii:coming soon
  • Gamer Army ID:1579
QUOTE (Muad @ Apr 12 2007, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to remind you guys with your own personal racist stories, uh, yeah, IT DOESNT MATTER.

Just because you have your little "This one time..." stories, that doesn't justify what Imus said, and really has nothing to do with it.

It absolutely does nothing as an argument, so pick another point to make.

uber qft

QUOTE (st1dinoh @ Apr 12 2007, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WRONG

i can call any peron a nappy headed ho, it's got nothing to do with thier race, and everything to do with thier hair being all fucked up.

so what he's racist against hair styles.

fuck that noise.

the mans life is being ruined by 2 of the biggest douchebags in the world on some mission of selfpromotion and white hatred.

what imus said wasn't racist in the slightest, it was stupid, and insensitive, and dumb...but none of that makes a person a racist...that is untill thoes cock suckers sharpton and jackson show up with the rainbow coalition.
nappy isn't racist, n00b is racist, cracker is racist, flower is racist,

nappy is not friggin racist.

is the word lazy racist twords mexicans....not unless you are racist and think all mexicans are lazy

is bashing welfare racist twords blacks....not unless you are racist and think all welfare recipients are black

this is such a crock of shit.

he only apologized because he didn't have any options, once the racist white hating jackson and sharpton showed up with thier puppets in tow nbc was forced to "take action" and he was forced to "apologize" in a futile attempt to shut the dirtbag loudmouth white haters up.
you're a racist

/bow down

QUOTE (TheShadowNinja @ Apr 12 2007, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AHAHAHAHAHA

not only that, 10 years ago she claimed she got raped by 3 white men and didn't tell cops till 10 days later so that shit fell through, people she works with describing her as passing out in the middle of dances and said she was so brutally in pain but there's videos of her stripping a week later.. other people she works with quoted her with saying "i'm bout to get some money off some white boys"

QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Apr 12 2007, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he'd probably be pissed cuz u called him a fucker... seriously... go up to anyone and call them a fucker and they would probably be pissed off...

now if you went up to him and said "wow you have slanty eyes" he probably wouldn't be upset. He'd probably thinkg you were really wierd and feel bad for you.

the nappy-haired part is not offensive at all... calling them hos is offensive, but it's only offensive to the basketball team. Other black people have no reason to get offended other than just being sensitive...

I think the only people imus should apologize to is the girls from the team itself, not millions of people. you don't call someone a fucker and have a whole race of people that consider themselves fuckers rallying against you. The term nappy headed ho's was said on every news station across the country, who's the real catalyst here? personally this and everything else along the lines of shit like this won't restrict my vocabulary. there isn't a law against offending someone, this country has just seriously lost it's balls. Plus, how can anyone take offense to that and not take offense to this http://youtube.com/watch?v=hYZre8kEsuw (nsfw tbh)? and these people are running our country! The point is Imus does a comedic show. his punishment would be justified if he was a news anchor or a politician. he gets paid to be edgy.

Land of the free? bill hicks said it best "here you go america watch these pictuary idiots bang their heads together on television, go back to bed america, you are free to do as we tell you, you are free to do as we tell you."

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (Snagglepuss @ Apr 12 2007, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He could have meant it in a non-racist way, in the way you'd just mentioned, I know that. But the opposite is still just as likely, you can't deny.

He should have been more careful with his wording.

For the record: I'm against Sharpton and Jackson, I don't know if his intentions were racist, I'm just arguing the other side.

the key is how he mentioned it, in what context, and most importantly if he meant it in a racist way.

but even then, it's not that big of a deal.

much, much, much wose has been said by black people themselvs in countless rap videos

show me where in his past (that can be varified and hasn't "come to light" in the last week from people trying to get thier share of the 15 minutes of shame) he's been racist in any way. in fact this man has done more for charity than most ever will. he's no brilliant philantropist...he's a stupid shock jock, and i've never liked him, i always considered him a boaring ass...

but he's not a fucking racist.

QUOTE (Muad @ Apr 12 2007, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats really a fallacious argument because you're not including the fact that he was indeed referring to an overwhelmingly black team. Now, think of it this way. Sure the word lazy isn't in itself racist, nor is bashing welfare, but when you ARE referring to a mexican or a black person, it becomes racist. Calling some dude lazy isn't racist. But when you say "Hey you lazy mexican" or "hey you black guy on welfare" it becomes racist.

was he refuring to the fact that they are black, or was it womens basketball in general?

and how the hell can we ever know for sure?

he never said i'm not gonna watch a bunch of nappy headed black ho's...

he was talking about how naasty and somewhat bull dyke-ish women basketball players look.

If you don't get it, theres just nothing to say. If you keep reasoning yourself out of this, theoretically anyone can reason themselves out of thinking that calling a black guy a n00b isn't racist. I can just imagine some dude saying "Well, its just a form of negro, which is just spanish for black, so its all good!"

yeah...cause i said directly calling someone a racial slur was acceptable.

since when is nappy equivilant to n00b, spook, porch monkey, ect...

it's not nappy is harmless, all the rest are ignorant and racist.

this whole thing is making mountians out of moleholes just for the sake of publicity.

maybe we should be lookinginto sharptons track record *cough* tawana brawley *cough* duke lacrosse team *cough* ect....

Connotation is the key word.

-edit- Oh, and another thing. You mentioned he had a spotless record or something over his 30 years as a broadcaster? Thats not what I've heard at all. He's gotten in trouble for this kind of thing before.

i never said imus's track record is spotless. he's never said anything racist. he's always been a retard.

QUOTE (Pauleh @ Apr 12 2007, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Off air he was a racist there were reports that he walked up to a black receptionist and called her a n*gger to her face and he has admitted this along with other things in the past, he has also been called out infront of the public before now for other racist comments that have been forgotten.

He got what he deserved besides he wasn't fired for the comments. The sponsors pulled out and without them he is nothing therefore no reason to keep him on board unless they want to keep the drama focused on them not doing anything.

Not to mention he is a moron to try and defend him self on several shows including al sharpton's show and using terms like 'Cracker' and 'you people' how the hell does that help, and he keeps bringing up his ranch with black children in it, so fucking what. Here is another quote that helped him "I bet I've slept in a house with more non related black people than you have", the guy is to old to be on air and has lost it he HAD to go, it was his time just his fuck up for going out like this.

BULLSHIT

show me varified evidence that hasn't popped up in the last week of him being a racist. you can't find them...because they don't exist.

the whole receptionist story seems a little convienint don't ya think. i mean seriously don't you think we would have heard about that before now. and if that did happen there'd be something written down somewhere about it...find it and show me otherwise i'm calling supreame bullshit on this. don't be so easily manipulated here, it's a sign of weakness.

you are falling victum to the racist hate monger's 9sharpton/jackson) bullshit and lies.

perfect example....he said "you people" pointing to sharpton and people from his organization...try seeing the whole quote in context. rather convienient that the only sound bite or written word about that whole situation don't include what was said directly before and after the words "you people"

that be like al sharpton going on the air and a caller asks him how he likes his tomato soup....he says in a bowl with cheese and crackers....i edit out everything but the word cracker and march on his studios...

it's fucking lame and weak.

i hope sharpton gets hit by a bus.

Christron

Christron

I'd fuck the shit out of the Queen

• GA Private
  • 2,916 posts
  • xfire:Steam: Headlightsunderwater
  • Interests:Music and Games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Christron
  • Wii:coming soon
  • Gamer Army ID:1579
QUOTE (Pauleh @ Apr 12 2007, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

read the op brotherman, he got fired from msnbc. and i'm calling bs on your story, back it up w/ links man

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
i hope someone ytmnd's or at least photoshopps don imus over the top of kanye west and make him say "al sharpton and jessie jackson hate white people"

then have mike meyers look all shocked and WTF...

it'd be funny and justified at this point, especially considering he got fired completely today.

friggin racist hate whitey posse ruined that mans life...atta boy al...real proud of ya.

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
QUOTE (st1dinoh @ Apr 12 2007, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was he refuring to the fact that they are black, or was it womens basketball in general?

and how the hell can we ever know for sure?

he never said i'm not gonna watch a bunch of nappy headed black ho's...

he was talking about how naasty and somewhat bull dyke-ish women basketball players look.

He was specifically referring to the Clemson basketball team, in comparison to Tennessee. So, no, not just college basketball in general.

QUOTE (st1dinoh)
since when is nappy equivilant to n00b, spook, porch monkey, ect...

it's not nappy is harmless, all the rest are ignorant and racist.

this whole thing is making mountians out of moleholes just for the sake of publicity.

I didn't say it was equivalent, I just said you're reasoning your way out of considering "nappy-haired hos" a racist term in the same way one can reason out of considering "n00b" a racist term.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (Muad @ Apr 12 2007, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't say it was equivalent, I just said you're reasoning your way out of considering "nappy-haired hos" a racist term in the same way one can reason out of considering "n00b" a racist term.

not even close to "the same way"

you can't possibly justify using a racist term.

nappy dosen't qualify as a racist term

and it was rutgers, not clemson

Eagleeye

Eagleeye
  • Members
  • 1,096 posts
  • xfire:theirisharagorn
  • Xbox / GFWL:EagleeyeXC
How the fuck can you sit there reading about Imus's comment and call him racist, when pretty much every rap album out there has the word n00b in it. Or talks about women being just possessions or useful only for sex. Oh and also has anyone ever listened to blkack comedians? Holy shit are they racist. "Now when you grow up in a white neighborhood and get in trouble you get some little pussy ass time out. Crackers don't no what a real punishment is. But if your black now thats a different story..." Why aren't these people fined and suspended and dismissed. Could it be because they're black? Hmm sounds like a racial double standard to me. This whole shit with blacks can say this and whites can't needs to stop now. this kinda shit pisses all over MLK's grave. Man spent his whole life trying to free the world of prejudice on both sides so harmony could finally occur. And now we have double standards and jokes construed as racism. What needs to happen is for everyone to just get over it. Make all this stuff fair game and get people to stop pretending to be offended, because thats all it is, pretend. no black is really offended by a white person saying n00b (unless of course they are really using it as a racist dis) they just act that way or they would be offended everytime they heard in in a song or from their friends.

Phr3quency

Phr3quency
  • GA Private
  • 717 posts
  • xfire:tmzaied22
  • Interests:Gaming, Hardware, PC mods, Building PCs Music, Fitness, Photography/Photoshop, American Football
  • Gamer Army ID:2387
QUOTE (Eagleeye @ Apr 12 2007, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How the fuck can you sit there reading about Imus's comment and call him racist, when pretty much every rap album out there has the word n00b in it. Or talks about women being just possessions or useful only for sex. Oh and also has anyone ever listened to blkack comedians? Holy shit are they racist. "Now when you grow up in a white neighborhood and get in trouble you get some little pussy ass time out. Crackers don't no what a real punishment is. But if your black now thats a different story..." Why aren't these people fined and suspended and dismissed. Could it be because they're black? Hmm sounds like a racial double standard to me. This whole shit with blacks can say this and whites can't needs to stop now. this kinda shit pisses all over MLK's grave. Man spent his whole life trying to free the world of prejudice on both sides so harmony could finally occur. And now we have double standards and jokes construed as racism. What needs to happen is for everyone to just get over it. Make all this stuff fair game and get people to stop pretending to be offended, because thats all it is, pretend. no black is really offended by a white person saying n00b (unless of course they are really using it as a racist dis) they just act that way or they would be offended everytime they heard in in a song or from their friends.

It depends on where its coming from. Black people are allowed to say the n-word, anywhere they want it seems. Even several minorities have now begun using the word. Just got to see who you are, and whats around you. There most certainly is a racial double standard, but I'm not bothered by it, because it has not caused anyone any problems before. People just have to be cognizant of everything going on; popular culture, surroundings and news all affect people's reaction to what is said.

IMO, this needs to be moved to debate, or debate needs to be started to cover topics discussed here.
:[Brodiator- Lightning's Blade]:

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (tmzaied_22 @ Apr 12 2007, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It depends on where its coming from. Black people are allowed to say the n-word, anywhere they want it seems. Even several minorities have now begun using the word. Just got to see who you are, and whats around you. There most certainly is a racial double standard, but I'm not bothered by it, because it has not caused anyone any problems before. People just have to be cognizant of everything going on; popular culture, surroundings and news all affect people's reaction to what is said.

IMO, this needs to be moved to debate, or debate needs to be started to cover topics discussed here.

Honestly, this needs to be melded with all the other topics that morphed into racism debates and THEN put into debate.

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

nullox

nullox
  • Banned
  • 24 posts
  • xfire:SUXXX.
  • Xbox / GFWL:OMFG YES.
  • PSN:I'D TAP THAT.
  • Wii:SUCKS.
  • Gamer Army ID:1516
QUOTE (Snagglepuss @ Apr 12 2007, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The nappy headed part implies the blacks, hoes makes it derogatory.

Well see, nappy headed hoes does not have to imply blacks. You're simply making it involve blacks by fitting the stereotype yourself. He's not the racist one you are. As soon as you read nappy headed you thought of blacks. Nappy headed could imply to hispanics,asians and europeans. Anyone tbh.

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:134
To be honest, Imus didn't say them in a racist way AT ALL. He was using black slang, and if Imus was a black man there would never even be this situation at all. But he's apparently not a black man, so therefore, he's not allowed to say these things as a black person would...because he's not black. That's pretty much this whole thing summed up.

Very stupid. No one apparently listens to the context of words anymore, and this incident is just another proving white guys can't use black slang and get away with it (very backwards.) Yet, lots of black people referring to themselves as, "n00b," is "OK."

Very, very backwards.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.
I offer SC2 coaching for $25/hr, msg if interested :)

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (st1dinoh @ Apr 12 2007, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not even close to "the same way"

you can't possibly justify using a racist term.

nappy dosen't qualify as a racist term

and it was rutgers, not clemson

Everyone at my school was angry about it, all the girls at least.

STFU

STFU
  • Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • xfire:misfitx1
what you n00bs talking about?
imus was boring anyway. lol

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
I don't get you people that don't understand that black people can call each other n00bs, but white people don't. What is there to not understand? Its simply a kind of fraternity.

Ok, now raise your hands if any of you have any siblings.

K.

Now, among you people who have siblings, I'm guessing you fight occasionally, yes? Call each other names and such.

But, what happens when someone else outside the family calls your little brother or sister names? You stick up for them, right? I would certainly hope so.

Pauleh

Pauleh
  • Members
  • 1,028 posts
  • xfire:Pauleh
  • PSN:Pauleh
QUOTE (Christron @ Apr 13 2007, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
read the op brotherman, he got fired from msnbc. and i'm calling bs on your story, back it up w/ links man

Cant find a link to a official statement on the receptionist thing as it was 15 - 20 years ago or something like that, though looking for it on the internet there are many people who have brought it up, cant prove it but up to you if you believe it or not, I've heard it from some people who I can trust and not to mention he has done this before and after.

The 'You People' yes his words were turned around but, my point was he shouldn't of been on there defending himself he has lost it, when he started to defend himself thats when he screwed himself over if he would of left it alone and rode it out he would of been fine.

Some one hit it on the head on air when defending Imus, was something like "Misplaced Anger" or something like that, mainly about jumping on the bandwagon, I mean hell if it wasn't for Imus no one would of heard of this basket ball team winning.
Zombine, heh get it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users