Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Second Life

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Willypiggy

Willypiggy
  • Members
  • 310 posts
  • xfire:Willypiggy
  • Wii:1295831106846643
Does anyone play?
Well heres some info if you dont. Second Life is a virtual world where you are able to own land, build a house, and do allmost anything. You can sign up for a free account or pay 10$ a month for premium membership which allows land ownership. To gain in-game money you use a paypal account to convert real money to in-game money. You can also covert in-game money back into real money meaning that it is possible to start your own buissness in this virtual world! Anyway, you should check it out at http://www.secondlife.com Theres even a version for under 18 year olds which is seperate from the adult world!

yours faithfully,
~Willypiggy

^^ I Am Forum Stalker, Here Is My Latest Kill ^^

^^ Previous Kill's ^^

Econojon

Econojon

MotM April 2006 teh_straterer

• GA Sergeant
  • 5,427 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:32
Finally, someone recognizes Second Life! Out of any MMO out there, it is researched the most by universities and institutes! Amazing stuff! Though it never gets recognition from gamers, because it is too "real". lol!

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
QUOTE (Econojon @ Apr 7 2007, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Though it never gets recognition from gamers, because it is too "fail".

Fixed
What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

Willypiggy

Willypiggy
  • Members
  • 310 posts
Finally, someone recognizes Second Life! Out of any MMO out there, it is researched the most by universities and institutes! Amazing stuff! Though it never gets recognition from gamers, because it is too "real". lol!

Good to see that i'm not getting flamed icon_smile.gif I didn't think it would as good as t really is and since I canceled my WoW subscription as it was sucking up my time I think I have found something to replace it icon_smile.gif What amazes me is that the people who play Second Life havent revolted and they have created a social enviroment by themselves. If there were no laws in real life like there arent in the game then I think there would be no-end to the mindless crimes but for some reason that doesnt happen in SL.

^^ Previous Kill's ^^

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (Pwnstar @ Apr 7 2007, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fixed

beat me to it icon_sad.gif

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

TBF Eugene

TBF Eugene
  • Banned
  • 34 posts
  • xfire:BALLLLLINs
  • Xbox / GFWL:warden
  • PSN:be
  • Wii:chad
i tried it...it sucked

Willypiggy

Willypiggy
  • Members
  • 310 posts
TBF eugene, what didn't you like about it? you can't just say "It sucked" atleast tell me why you didn't like it.

^^ Previous Kill's ^^

Eagleeye

Eagleeye
  • Members
  • 1,096 posts
  • xfire:theirisharagorn
  • Xbox / GFWL:EagleeyeXC
QUOTE (Willypiggy @ Apr 7 2007, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good to see that i'm not getting flamed icon_smile.gif I didn't think it would as good as t really is and since I canceled my WoW subscription as it was sucking up my time I think I have found something to replace it icon_smile.gif What amazes me is that the people who play Second Life havent revolted and they have created a social enviroment by themselves. If there were no laws in real life like there arent in the game then I think there would be no-end to the mindless crimes but for some reason that doesnt happen in SL.

Dude go outside... seriously. I read up on this game and gave it a try for awhile, it was terrible. Why would I want to do the exact same things I'm doing now? Sims was one thing at least there was a family and it had some novelty value, but this is replacing reality with a virtual world. Games are supposed to take you somewhere and make you something that you aren't. Not let you do the same crap you can do in r/l but just online.

Willypiggy

Willypiggy
  • Members
  • 310 posts
Dude go outside... seriously. I read up on this game and gave it a try for awhile, it was terrible. Why would I want to do the exact same things I'm doing now? Sims was one thing at least there was a family and it had some novelty value, but this is replacing reality with a virtual world. Games are supposed to take you somewhere and make you something that you aren't. Not let you do the same crap you can do in r/l but just online.

So you can jsut walk outside and start building some shit on the floor? Just go buy a gun and start shooting everyone and have nothing happen to you? Go make a gadget in a few hours that people will then buy letting you get real money? Yea.... its a lot like real life allright...

^^ Previous Kill's ^^

Conradus

Conradus
  • Members
  • 317 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, pwning, hockey, and some more pwning...
I heard about it...A LOT!
yes, but I'm not gonna play tho...too catchy imo ^^
have fun playing, I'm sure you won't get bored
Life is unfair, death is inevitable, but memories will always stay.
Without the bad there isn't any good, Heaven doesn't exist.
World peace is impossible, but taking lives isn't an alternative.

Bullet Proof

Bullet Proof
  • Members
  • 934 posts
  • Interests:stuff.
Second Life is ok.

display

display
  • Members
  • 111 posts
Yeah, these people have a point. I saw a video on it, Telus sells virtual cell phones (wtf), for the currency there and.. man.... just get a real job or something.

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
Its kind of creepy. Its a little too much like rl.

MiZerY

MiZerY
  • GA Private
  • 130 posts
  • xfire:mizery
  • Interests:Gaming, guns and girls
  • Gamer Army ID:1683
i would play it if it allowed me to buy cs in it, and go pr0.
Now THAT would be awesome.

t3h_lawl_n00b

t3h_lawl_n00b
  • Banned
  • 232 posts
  • xfire:gesi1223
  • Xbox / GFWL:Musashi2004
  • Wii:6880696971734726
I tried this. It was pretty awkward. I had no idea wtf I was doing, so i just flew around, and pretty much got bored. I had no idea how to build things, make my clothes, whatever things it had. Also, I seem to have had to pay real money to actually do something 'fun'. Sure, i haven't played this game much at all. But so far from what i've seen. It's boring, stupid, and just not interesting.

Atleast WoW, or EverQuest, or something gives you some depth and more Fantasy. But SecondLife? Doesn't really seem like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users