Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The American Idol Thread

* - - - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Wildact

Wildact
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • xfire:wildact
  • Xbox / GFWL:wildact223
  • PSN:to expensive
  • Wii:maybe
hopfully this will be the official American idol thread just come here and talk about whats happening in american idol

im currently really pissed of how sanjayh or however u spell his name it currently in the top 12 its Redicolouis !!!!

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:plays guitar.
QUOTE (Wildact @ Mar 18 2007, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im currently really pissed of how sanjayh or however u spell his name it currently in the top 12 its Redicolouis !!!!

that was a little racist.

Wildact

Wildact
  • Members
  • 204 posts
no its wasnt i mean i fell sorry for the ppl leaving american idol that are 100x better than him

Kaos Pwnage

Kaos Pwnage
  • Banned
  • 2,252 posts
  • xfire:dontbah8er
  • Interests:Games, PCs, swords, guns and Black Metal.
QUOTE (lolcrica90 @ Mar 18 2007, 03:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that was a little racist.

No. But ill tell u what is - the people running american idol and all that MTV bullshit lol. icon_razz.gif
Dylan Klebold - "I know we're gonna have followers because we're so fucking God-like. We're not exactly human -- we have human bodies but we've evolved into one step above you, fucking human shit. We actually have fucking self-awareness."

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
They all suck. I caught an episode of the top 12 a few days ago at my gf's house - and they have either no stage presence or no voice. You need both to be sucessful (Especially in mainstream music) these days.
Besides, winning American Idol sucks - they sign you to a shitty label that doesn't promote anyone anymore, so you're actually better off getting second or third - because then you're free to sign to any other label.

Also, American Idol is the cheap way to get into music. The only respectable way to be a musician is through blood, sweat & tears..
His name is Robert Paulson.
I get banned with a little help from my friends
QUOTE (Gillz @ Jan 26 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post
Last time I checked, you didn't have the right to tell me what to do?

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
The whole idea of the show actually insults me as a musician.
Nevermind that my band and countless others like us work our asses off for years learning our instruments and writing original songs ourselves! Go do a half-assed kareoke rendition of someone elses music and get others to write your "original" music for you! Not to mention, most of those who audition do it for the wrong reasons. It's not because they love to play music and are truly dedicated to it, it's because they want to be rich and famous.
It actually sickens me.
IPB Image

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
^ Ironic, because they never actually GET rich and famous anymore. After the second season, they stopped promoting winners.
His name is Robert Paulson.
I get banned with a little help from my friends
QUOTE (Gillz @ Jan 26 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post
Last time I checked, you didn't have the right to tell me what to do?

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
QUOTE (Sikotik @ Mar 18 2007, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ Ironic, because they never actually GET rich and famous anymore. After the second season, they stopped promoting winners.

True (my siblings are both huge fans of the show, so I get an earful of information on it whether I like it or not). The concept still disgusts me though.
IPB Image

Contrallion

Contrallion
  • Members
  • 1,778 posts
Karaoke is stupid. I really hate that British judge that loves to throw out his smart-ass witty comments to all the shitty singers. People are always like "OMG YES HE TOTALLY BURNED HIM LOL"- just because you're British doesn't mean you automatically have great taste in music, and judging from what he likes on the show, he's a fucking moron.

VulgaritySocks

VulgaritySocks

Second only to DougHChrist! | Wisest Poster 08

• Members
  • 4,423 posts
  • xfire:h00nestr00b
  • Interests:Defenestration, interpretive dance...<br />Dreadlocks?<br /><br />This is stupid.
Haha I like the fact that American Idol acknowledges the fact that untalented people are rewarded in the music buisness. Because, and no matter who is singing the songs, they don't even bother to even suggest the possibility of these people writing their own stuff. It's amusing to me. Oh no, they can't judge on the actual voices, they must instead decide first and foremost on the "likeability" of the unkown hack who's singing in the first place. And also, it's a stupid system for a show. Not only does it cheapen music to hell and back, but when the fuck has the American public ever seemed smart enough to make these kinds of decisions? That isn't a shot at America, stupidity is universal, but seriously... people are fucking stupid. I hate American Idol. The only parts I like on that show are when people get their lives ruined by the British guy (although I agree with Contrallion about him not being as funny as people seem to think he is, I like the fact that he's at least honest and I personally think if one would ask him about it and he was honest he'd propably just say he's a billionaire now because people don't understand that recycling the same jokes over and over isn't funny). The looks some of those dumbasses get is absolutely priceless.

Spencer

Spencer

Best NickName of 2006 as teh_raperer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
  • Interests:Basically like to play games, spend time on the computer browsing teh intratubes. IRL I like to play baseball and enjoy spending time with my pals, sounds swell don't it?
  • Gamer Army ID:1466
To sum American Idol up in one sentence would be to say; that it sucks and it's stealing the hour of television where House should be.

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Holy fuck Ive been on these forums for a long time. They pretty much raised me tbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Undisclosed
  • Wii:Don't want.
  • Gamer Army ID:4225
  • Company:Alpha
The person who wins American idol Looses any Fame they may have gained within a year or two.. They never really become a mainstream artist soo.. There better off doing it like everyone else does(I dunno how everyone else dose it icon_razz.gif) instead of wasting their time on TV.

QTF on the house thing ^

IMO

- Hades

79577008.png

Sk_pulse

Sk_pulse
  • Banned
  • 648 posts
Whoa whoa whoa... now lets not be hasty I think you all are forgetting all the good american idol has done like this:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339034/
Nominated for 3!!! teen choice awards!!!!! SERIOUS BUISNESS!

Wildact

Wildact
  • Members
  • 204 posts
http://www.votefortheworst.com/

Lord Panzerfaust

Lord Panzerfaust

Best Music Contributor

• GA Private
  • 3,013 posts
  • xfire:lordpanzerfaust
  • Interests:just gaming and music :P
  • Steam ID:lordpanzerfaust666
  • Xbox / GFWL:Age Ov DooM
  • PSN:LordPanzerfaust
  • Gamer Army ID:3878
  • Company:Pi
<insert country here> Idol = AUTOMATIC FAIL!!

Christron

Christron

I'd fuck the shit out of the Queen

• GA Private
  • 2,916 posts
  • xfire:Steam: Headlightsunderwater
  • Interests:Music and Games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Christron
  • Wii:coming soon
  • Gamer Army ID:1579
QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Mar 18 2007, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The whole idea of the show actually insults me as a musician.
Nevermind that my band and countless others like us work our asses off for years learning our instruments and writing original songs ourselves! Go do a half-assed kareoke rendition of someone elses music and get others to write your "original" music for you! Not to mention, most of those who audition do it for the wrong reasons. It's not because they love to play music and are truly dedicated to it, it's because they want to be rich and famous.
It actually sickens me.

qft, and tv in general is ftl

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
A few of the males have voice, but most of them left, I'll take for example Sundance that had a very good voice but gets dumped even before making the final 12 and get beaten by some guy like San"gay"a, I have lost interest in the show and don,t watch it anymore because most of them are all a bunch of pop artists that don't have their own style and seem to copy off Justin Timberlake...

QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Mar 18 2007, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do it for the wrong reasons. It's not because they love to play music and are truly dedicated to it, it's because they want to be rich and famous.
It actually sickens me.

So you're telling me that if a famous producer rings your doorbell and wants to be your manager and make a CD and make you famous... You are telling me that you're going to turn down that offer? Because of your love for music? Why not dedicate yourself to music while making big bucks at the same time?

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

Contrallion

Contrallion
  • Members
  • 1,778 posts
QUOTE (pwner_who_pwns_noobs @ Mar 22 2007, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you're telling me that if a famous producer rings your doorbell and wants to be your manager and make a CD and make you famous... You are telling me that you're going to turn down that offer? Because of your love for music? Why not dedicate yourself to music while making big bucks at the same time?

He wasn't saying that - he was saying that the people on the show don't have love for music to begin with. American Idol is a corporate scheme- the people on it aren't "dedicating" themselves to music at all. It's for ratings, not music.

Who the fuck honestly listens to Clay Aiken, anyways?

by-tor2112

by-tor2112
  • GA Private
  • 2,274 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:skc132
  • Gamer Army ID:1860
I hate american idol the only good part is when they interview the people that suck.

ClimHazzard

ClimHazzard
  • Members
  • 250 posts
QUOTE (Wildact @ Mar 18 2007, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hopfully this will be the official American idol thread just come here and talk about whats happening in american idol

FUCKING SHIT LADY DOES IT SOUND LIKE IM ORDERING A PIZZA!?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users