Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Picture of Venom from Spider-Man 3 Revealed.

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
QUOTE (Tubby @ Mar 21 2007, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the movie, he isn't entirely CG - hence he's a bit skinny and human looking due to the actors. Also, the symbiot is supposed to manipulate it's initial host. Not alter it completely. The comic interpretation of venom was simply to make him look overtly evil. Y'never know - he could look a whole heap better in the movie when we get some decent angles happy.gif
Sonic, that toy is from a day and age where kids weren't afraid of villains and embraced them as role models. Nowadays, its all this pansy bullshit where the hero is so much cooler. Call it the revival of the "he-man vs skellitor" age, and the kids are rooting for He-man... *sigh*

Wait for the movie, you may not be as disappointed... icon_smile.gif

I'm gonna think the Venom character is going to depend on the actor... I don't know if he's going to be able to play the tough Brock and Venom... It just doesn't seem to fit him, maybe they will change Brock's character a bit but I don't want that to happen, and I'm sure the fans don't want their old heroes and villains to change, I couldn't believe how much they ruined Dr. in the last movie... I guess I'm too much of the fan of the cartoon and comics...

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (pwner_who_pwns_noobs @ Mar 21 2007, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm gonna think the Venom character is going to depend on the actor... I don't know if he's going to be able to play the tough Brock and Venom... It just doesn't seem to fit him, maybe they will change Brock's character a bit but I don't want that to happen, and I'm sure the fans don't want their old heroes and villains to change, I couldn't believe how much they ruined Dr. in the last movie... I guess I'm too much of the fan of the cartoon and comics...

Same..
And godamnit, I can understand making him look a bit like the actor, but he looks like Alien...And we all know Predator > Alien
His name is Robert Paulson.
I get banned with a little help from my friends
QUOTE (Gillz @ Jan 26 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post
Last time I checked, you didn't have the right to tell me what to do?

Matas

Matas

SQUAD ONE - Team Member

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Interests:Science <br />Music<br />poontang clan aint nothin to fuck with
A Spider-Man movie featuring Venom/Eddie Brock... but not Kasedy/Carnage... icon_sad.gif

Seriously thats kind of a bummer... well I'm sure the movie will still be great. However... what would be awsome is if the symbiote possesses Brock somewhat near the end of the movie (which is what I think will happen anyway... for some reason). The movie ends sort of un-resolved...
THEN
they make a 4th one, and Kasedy is introduced in the beginning and has everyone thinking wtf... he becomes Carnage eventually and Venom is still in the picture too
Freshly Cut - www.myspace.com/freshlycutmusic

Nguman

Nguman
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts
  • xfire:nguman
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pretty Cool
  • PSN:Pretty AWESOME.
  • Wii:Pretty Nice
QUOTE (userpjx @ Mar 18 2007, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see what the big problem is... it's just another take on Venom.

Its just the trolls on the forums who don't like anything new. I sorta like it, its different, heck do you think you can portray Topher in a Venom suit? Think logically and use your fucking head, Topher Grace may not have the brawns of the typical Eddie Brock that we come to know and love (and hate), but Topher can act, and producers, and designers need to design Venom over Topher's body frame or else it would not make sense nor would it be logical as Topher has a lean body frame yet you make his Symbiote alter-ego more buff. Thats is like making Dog the bounty hunter look like Barney.

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
QUOTE (Nguman @ Mar 22 2007, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its just the trolls on the forums who don't like anything new. I sorta like it, its different, heck do you think you can portray Topher in a Venom suit? Think logically and use your fucking head, Topher Grace may not have the brawns of the typical Eddie Brock that we come to know and love (and hate), but Topher can act, and producers, and designers need to design Venom over Topher's body frame or else it would not make sense nor would it be logical as Topher has a lean body frame yet you make his Symbiote alter-ego more buff. Thats is like making Dog the bounty hunter look like Barney.

I wouldn't say that Topher Grace is a great actor, I'm not saying he is bad too, but he played in that 70 show for a while and I haven't seen his acting skills at the maximum, he only had small appearances in some few shows and had a main character in a sitcom and now takes the role that doesn't seem to fit him in a big movie like Spiderman 3, I don't what the Casting Directors were looking far because I see nothing in Topher that can fit Brock or Venom by physical description, Topher, from what I remember, doesn't really have any "kicking and punching skills" So I'm guessing most of his fighting parts are going to be CGI. But I have an episode thing of the black suit and venom episode at my house and Venom just doesn't come until the end of the movie and most of the movie is Spidey fighting with his "dark" suit.

Apparently a new trailer should appear tomorrow, maybe we will see more of Venom

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
QUOTE (Nguman @ Mar 22 2007, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its just the trolls on the forums who don't like anything new. I sorta like it, its different, heck do you think you can portray Topher in a Venom suit? Think logically and use your fucking head, Topher Grace may not have the brawns of the typical Eddie Brock that we come to know and love (and hate), but Topher can act, and producers, and designers need to design Venom over Topher's body frame or else it would not make sense nor would it be logical as Topher has a lean body frame yet you make his Symbiote alter-ego more buff.

They could have just gotten a really buff actor who... surprise, surprise, knows how to act as well?
There were so many choices they could have had. I think thats what pisses people off the most.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
They should have gotten the makeup artists for Mr. Hyde's costume from "A League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"
They made a lean guy buff. ALMOST as buff as Venom

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Fenix

Fenix
  • GA Private
  • 1,080 posts
  • xfire:Fenix1
  • Steam ID:FenixSX or Saionce
  • PSN:FenixSX
  • Wii:Stolen
  • Gamer Army ID:187
I would about shit a brick if Carnage was in SM3.
One can dream right?
If he is(which he's probably not)he was the best hidden character ever.
I also wish they could have put Ben Reilley in there(Peters clone)a.k.a. Scarlet Spider.

Tubby

Tubby

MotM Feb 2007 | Funniest Member 2006 | Teh_Tubbernaut

• GA Corporal
  • 2,917 posts
  • xfire:Tubbeh
  • Interests:Drinking, beard growing.
  • Steam ID:Tubbeh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Tubbernaut
  • PSN:Tubbernaut
  • Gamer Army ID:151
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (swift` @ Mar 22 2007, 05:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol. Heres a pic of teh real Venom, I took it from the new trailer. It's a bit skinny compared to the comics, tho.

And, I think you shouldn't make too much assumptions based on an action figure. icon_razz.gif

He does look a little awkward, doesn't he? I scored one a few frames earlier before he launches into the lens.

Granted, he doesnt look very big in these shots - but if you watched the trailer, its still him morphing. And from what it appears, its a symbiont suit which doesnt take over its hosts but rather amplifies the dark thoughts within them. From what I've seen - Stan Lee is slipping with his 'baby'...

Some fathers teach their sons to shave. Others teach theirs to be men.

President and C.E.O. of Beardtek Incorporated Australia, Pty. Ltd.

Meng

Meng
  • Members
  • 2,241 posts
  • xfire:mengzor
  • Interests:Owning noobs.<br />Raving.<br />Raving Noobs.<br />Owning Raving.
  • PSN:Sony is evil
he does look a bit of a pussy compared to what he looked like in the comics.
certainly smaller.

swift`

swift`
  • Members
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Poker, gym, gurls, good games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:swiftIII
Heres the final Spider-Man 3 trailer with finalized Venom and Venom attacking Spidey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-GoxqT_Lo
IPB Image

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
Not much Venom but he looks like a version of spiderman with a big mouth and pointy teeth...

SorrowNight

SorrowNight
  • Banned
  • 1,609 posts
  • xfire:Sorrownite
Venom will NOT be bulky in the movie. WILL NOT.

I saw the High-Def trailer afew days ago .. he's fairly thin like Toby. :/

Either way I'm still looking forward to Spiderman 3. Not much of a movie critique/faggot so I just watch movie(s) whether or not they're overrated ect. icon_biggrin.gif

Gordoss

Gordoss
  • Members
  • 2,232 posts
yea there's that comicbook series with the skinny, creepy venom, pretty sure thats what they said they were goin for..
Guns, Gold, Ganj, & Ammunition.

Nguman

Nguman
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts
  • xfire:nguman
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pretty Cool
  • PSN:Pretty AWESOME.
  • Wii:Pretty Nice
THATS RIGHT DAMN THEY COULD'VE GOT TOPHER TO WORK OUT OR TO GET VIN DIESEL OR SOMEONE GOD DAMNIT I'M SO NAIVE!

[Sect.8]N@than

[Sect.8]N@than
  • Members
  • 67 posts
  • xfire:sect8nathan
  • Interests:CS, WoW, GW, Alcohol
Edit

##
Re-read that...it made no sense what soever! icon_wink.gif
Pure Phuckin Pwnage Since 2003 (On CS)
Xfire: sect8nathan
WoW Currently on EU servers: 67 pala Seismos

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
QUOTE (Nguman @ Mar 27 2007, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THATS RIGHT DAMN THEY COULD'VE GOT TOPHER TO WORK OUT OR TO GET VIN DIESEL OR SOMEONE GOD DAMNIT I'M SO NAIVE!

...Or.... any of the guys in 300, tbh.

-Checkmate-

-Checkmate-
  • Banned
  • 2,236 posts
  • xfire:checkmate1337
  • Gamer Army ID:3211
uhm.... i think he looks cool...

SonicPsycho

SonicPsycho
  • Members
  • 650 posts
  • xfire:sonicpsycho
  • Interests:Getting an Xbox 360.
  • Xbox / GFWL:SonicPsycho
  • PSN:SonicPsycho23
  • Wii:6643801071265543
Also, have any of you guys seen Eddie Brock in the Ultimate Spider-Man series? He's not very buff, nor particularly skinny, about normal size for a man, but when he gets the Venom suit, he becomes beastly and uber. Why couldn't the makers of the film have just done that?

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
QUOTE (SonicPsycho @ Mar 31 2007, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, have any of you guys seen Eddie Brock in the Ultimate Spider-Man series? He's not very buff, nor particularly skinny, about normal size for a man, but when he gets the Venom suit, he becomes beastly and uber. Why couldn't the makers of the film have just done that?

Some other people have said that they're probably amping it to be Venom vs. Spiderman as the ultimate opposites matchup - thusly, they made them simmilar sizes.

I'm hoping they make a Spiderman 4, with more Venom, preferably larger.. maybe he'll have a second form or something?... and Carnage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users