Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CSS Custom Training maps?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Corsaro

Corsaro
  • Members
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Music, Motorcycles, video bloggin, paintball, working (it is interesting lol)<br /><br />LOAAAAADS MORE stuff but cannot be arsed!
Hey guys, Ive got a proble, and its not aids this time.....

OK ... so..

What ive been trying to find is a map that Is just a shooting range style map. Just shooting targets, I need a button to push to retrieve the target.
What also I need is the targets to spark like a Helmet, say when you get a head shot...

Heh... well... I gave it shot!

Alex

Thanks

G³ Molotov

G³ Molotov
  • GA Private
  • 430 posts
  • Steam ID:/id/universalcynic (PM me if you add me. I ignore a lot of steam invites.)
  • Gamer Army ID:1367
Shooting at stationary targets is a waste of time for CSS.
No one stands still unless they're taking a pre-aimed shot.
Just demo yourself and watch.
-Signed with a rag and a match. Here, catch.

Corsaro

Corsaro
  • Members
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Music, Motorcycles, video bloggin, paintball, working (it is interesting lol)<br /><br />LOAAAAADS MORE stuff but cannot be arsed!
okok... moving back and forth targets!!! arg!

Edit: randomly

XxSystemxX

XxSystemxX
  • Members
  • 4,521 posts
Theres quite a few maps that can actually make you a better player. Team Forbidden (top tier CAL-i / CEVO-p team) released 3 map packs so far, they are called aim_forbidden. You might wanna google that.

troGGers

troGGers
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:SeriousTroggers
  • Wii:6473868005772279
I don't know how "top-tier" they are anymore lol.

Best suggestion for improving aim....deathmatch or aim_ maps.

Smiler

Smiler
  • Members
  • 382 posts
  • xfire:smilerdave
aim_ag_texture_2 (i think its called that) is alot of fun

XxSystemxX

XxSystemxX
  • Members
  • 4,521 posts
QUOTE (troGGers @ Mar 14 2007, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know how "top-tier" they are anymore lol.

Best suggestion for improving aim....deathmatch or aim_ maps.

With paradox, nickn0it and juan playing along with allbrook and another oldschool Forbidden player - they are actually very top-tier icon_wink.gif.

troGGers

troGGers
  • Members
  • 44 posts
QUOTE (XxSystemxX @ Mar 14 2007, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With paradox, nickn0it and juan playing along with allbrook and another oldschool Forbidden player - they are actually very top-tier icon_wink.gif .

Allbrook's gone too icon_wink.gif I'd say wait until the buy.com lan to call them top-tier though...that's all icon_smile.gif

I repeat the deathmatch|aim_ map notion though...so as to stay on topic icon_smile.gif

kornfan43_is_teh_pwnage

kornfan43_is_teh_pwnage
  • Members
  • 294 posts
  • xfire:kornfan43
  • Xbox / GFWL:NI
  • PSN:S -.-
  • Wii:PE
i have never heard of a map ever than u shoot at targets unless u pay the flash game camper strike

-Checkmate-

-Checkmate-
  • Banned
  • 2,236 posts
  • xfire:checkmate1337
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:3211
isnt simply playing on pubs a good practise? playing on humans and no modified gameplay.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (-Checkmate- @ Mar 14 2007, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
isnt simply playing on pubs a good practise?

No.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

the_king

the_king
  • Members
  • 545 posts
  • xfire:theacclaimed
  • Interests:Games, Music, Skiing
  • Xbox / GFWL:theacclaimed
I agree with checkmate. Nothing prepares you more then simply practicing on regular maps. There might be good aim maps out there, but regular maps have some unique spots and instances so you need to be prepared for that too. And further then that you should be scrimming instead of pubbing.

XxSystemxX

XxSystemxX
  • Members
  • 4,521 posts
QUOTE (the_king @ Mar 14 2007, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with checkmate. Nothing prepares you more then simply practicing on regular maps. There might be good aim maps out there, but regular maps have some unique spots and instances so you need to be prepared for that too. And further then that you should be scrimming instead of pubbing.

Thats where deathmatch comes in. Regular pubbing is TERRIBLE, beleive me. Playing on a pub with 60 other people (that are mostly weilding a fucking p90) will -not- get you any better (atleast not gamesense wise). You -might- improve your aim a little bit but tbh, DM > normal pubbing at that too.

QUOTE (troGGers @ Mar 14 2007, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Allbrook's gone too icon_wink.gif I'd say wait until the buy.com lan to call them top-tier though...that's all icon_smile.gif

I repeat the deathmatch|aim_ map notion though...so as to stay on topic icon_smile.gif

Oh - its actually br1cks and Mustang. Mustang is a beast though so icon_biggrin.gif. Btw, i'd say Forbidden are a top..6 US team right now. Maybe top 5, since verGe had a major roster shakeup and tbh lost all of their most valuable players (not saying Griff and Drew aren't beasts but still).

Meng

Meng
  • Members
  • 2,241 posts
  • xfire:mengzor
  • Interests:Owning noobs.<br />Raving.<br />Raving Noobs.<br />Owning Raving.
  • PSN:Sony is evil
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Mar 14 2007, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No.

justification?
id say just playing on pubs is fine for practice. target things ftl.

troGGers

troGGers
  • Members
  • 44 posts
If you don't have a team to scrim with....and don't want to DM.

Pay $6 a month and buy ESEA. It's cheap...and you get used to a 5v5 environment. Though it's certainly no substitute for scrimming or pugging with a team. Helps more than Deathmatch with in-game thinking though.

XxSystemxX

XxSystemxX
  • Members
  • 4,521 posts
If you live in the United Kingdom (well, or Europe) - i'd suggest going to #CS.gather.uk on Quakenet. Its basicaly an automated system that makes a team (you add yourself by a simple command), finds a good oposition (same skill level, etc), and delivers the IP of the server via PM. It basicaly works like UK Mix Vent but it has less pricks and better support. More here - http://www.enemydown.co.uk/forumreplies.php?id=91731

Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 704 posts
  • Steam ID:Seantbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Seantbh
QUOTE (XxSystemxX @ Mar 15 2007, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you live in the United Kingdom (well, or Europe) - i'd suggest going to #CS.gather.uk on Quakenet. Its basicaly an automated system that makes a team (you add yourself by a simple command), finds a good oposition (same skill level, etc), and delivers the IP of the server via PM. It basicaly works like UK Mix Vent but it has less pricks and better support. More here - http://www.enemydown.co.uk/forumreplies.php?id=91731

Wow, that looks like a great way to train. I've never heard of that before, but after checking that link I'm very impressed.

EDIT: Is there a 1.6 channel?

frostassasin

frostassasin
  • Banned
  • 3,398 posts
  • xfire:frostassasin
  • Interests:Gaming. Yes that's it. I am one fucking boring person.
  • Xbox / GFWL:I wish :(
de_getlessonsfromkaz

the_king

the_king
  • Members
  • 545 posts
  • xfire:theacclaimed
  • Interests:Games, Music, Skiing
  • Xbox / GFWL:theacclaimed
meh, I hate DM's and I don't see how that would help you. And I never said 60 person pubs, I would go in like 12 person and that would be a lot more like scrimming then a DM. A DM isn't even CS anymore. I can see it maybe being a quicker way to learn aiming, but I just think its dumb when people constantly spawn behind you and crap like that.

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
  • xfire:kazzerax
  • Interests:Counter-Strike, Chess, computer hardware, music, literature, film and philosophy.
  • Steam ID:kazzerax
  • Gamer Army ID:764
QUOTE (the_king @ Mar 15 2007, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
meh, I hate DM's and I don't see how that would help you. And I never said 60 person pubs, I would go in like 12 person and that would be a lot more like scrimming then a DM. A DM isn't even CS anymore. I can see it maybe being a quicker way to learn aiming, but I just think its dumb when people constantly spawn behind you and crap like that.

I used to get gayed like that a lot in DMs, but not so much anymore. They never finish me in one burst, so I merely turn around and deliver my own burst, which does finish them.
Kazzerax
MOTHERFUCKING ENTITY OF THE WORLD
A PORTION OF GLORIOUS THOUGHT
ELECTRICITY SHAPED TO REASON
FORGED THROUGH THE FIRES OF LIFE
BROUGHT TO BEAR ON CHAOS TO IMPOSE WILL UPON AN UNCARING AND INDIFFERENT UNIVERSE
TO FORGE FROM NOTHING, SOMETHING
Beautiful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users