Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion Thread

* * * * * 17 votes

• Please log in to reply
7983 replies to this topic

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Silint Ninjya @ Jul 31 2007, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as far as the sword characters go. i expect both marth and roy will be gone, but i think we will see Ike instead.

QUOTE (Infernoblaze @ Aug 1 2007, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IT'S IKE!

BOW TO ME!!!!

BasikMMTXC

BasikMMTXC
  • Members
  • 52 posts
OH SNAPS

Anyone else think they wouldn't show newcomers on the website?

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • xfire:killercowld
  • Xbox / GFWL:bloodvayne360
  • PSN:killercow_ld
  • Wii:1681832568364918
QUOTE (BasikMMTXC @ Aug 1 2007, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else think they wouldn't show newcomers on the website?

no...

like I said before, they will end up telling us every character that will be in Brawl before the game is released, I don't remember where it was said, but it was said.

and mehh, I don't know who Ike is, but to be honest, even after all my Fire emblem hate earlier, atm he doesn't look too bad. Most of his sword fighting will be a mix of one-handed and two-handed strikes, so I'm thinking he'll be a little more.... original.
I still would have rather had a FE character with something other than a sword...

And lol, I don't want to get anywhere near the smashboards right now, there are going to be fits of jubilation mixed in with people bawling their eyes out because this pretty much means Marth is gone.

Eagleeye

Eagleeye
  • Members
  • 1,096 posts
  • xfire:theirisharagorn
  • Xbox / GFWL:EagleeyeXC
If marth wasnt in brawl i was going to kill myself... Now with Ike i think ill just play the choking game a few times and cry myself to sleep...

Thank you Ike you saved my life.

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Aug 1 2007, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and mehh, I don't know who Ike is...

You don't know Ike? Shoot, everyone should know Ike! Ike was the son of greil in Fire emblem, path of radiance, the GC FE. Greil lead a group of mercenaries, but after his death, Ike takes over, and leads them all on a quest to save kingdom from the black knight.

You can see Ike's upbringing and general attitude from these cutscenes. IMO, he seems like the ideal cross between roy and marth: Looks bad-ass enough to be considered "cool" and yet he still has the general attitude and abilities of marth, as demonstrated by his leadership in this movie.

And for all of you wondering what aether is, it seems to be Ike's critical smash once a certain skill was attained. To see its strength, check out this. Personally, I hoped that sakurai's reference to this meant that Ike would have a sort of "tipper" like marth, but now I don't know...

Also, Ike seems to be wielding ragnell, the sword blessed by the gods, in brawl (didn't roy and marth both use blessed swords?).

In all honesty, I think Ike is a better choice than Marth, Roy, or both of them. It looks lke will have the finesse of marth and the looks of roy, which will make for a welcome addition. Also, he did have a better chance once PoR became popular, and he was announced to return in godess of dawn.

As for other fire emblem characters. I'd like to see Boyce from PoR (Axes are cool) or Nasir, the dragon-laguz from PoR. TBH, any laguz from PoR would be cool.

I think I need to make a new sig...

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

Spencer

Spencer

Best NickName of 2006 as teh_raperer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
  • Interests:Basically like to play games, spend time on the computer browsing teh intratubes. IRL I like to play baseball and enjoy spending time with my pals, sounds swell don't it?
  • Gamer Army ID:1466
Interesting. Ike looks cool, but I hope he doesn't take the place of Marth with the insanely powerful sword, or tip I should say. I have this weird hunch just because of how the sword he is holding is made. I also am wondering if Marth and Roy will return or not.

Just because of how large that tip of his sword is, it gives me the feeling that it might have a similar effect like Marth's did. But most likely I'm wrong.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
^^

Fire Emblem doesn't interest me, at all

QUOTE (Spencer @ Aug 1 2007, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also am wondering if Marth and Roy will return or not.

ugh, I hope not

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,324 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
He's got a huge sword so I'm guessing he may be slower but I hope not, since that is a huge reason in why I liked marth.

EDIT: Post #800 huzzah.

Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

SN3S

SN3S

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
QUOTE (UDP @ Aug 1 2007, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's got a huge sword so I'm guessing he may be slower but I hope not, since that is a huge reason in why I liked marth.
EDIT: Post #800 huzzah.

So everyone ignored the third vid I posted with Ike going super fast and pulling off a tipper aether critical smash for around two-thirds of the enemy's (who was one of the strongest in the game, btw) health? Compared to the black knight, who was still fast, Ike is really fast.

Also, Ike prefers the one handed attack over the two handed, so I'm betting that he'll be fast. No doubt about the tipper, as ragnell actually isn't that wide at the tip. They had to put that in to mean something.

What if a button press could change his ctance? Like change from swift, tipper one handed attacks to the mid blade sweetspot slower, yet more powerful attacks? I think that'd be pretty neat.

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (SN3S @ Aug 1 2007, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if a button press could change his ctance? Like change from swift, tipper one handed attacks to the mid blade sweetspot slower, yet more powerful attacks? I think that'd be pretty neat.

like a lesser zelda/shiek...could be interesting. i would think he should keep the same move set, but it would change the attributes of the moves.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
QUOTE (Silint Ninjya @ Aug 1 2007, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
like a lesser zelda/shiek...could be interesting. i would think he should keep the same move set, but it would change the attributes of the moves.

and make him Marth + C Falcon

he would be way too overpowered

SN3S

SN3S

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
Lol. IIIIKE... PAAWNCH!

If fox isn't top tier in brawl, well... I don't know what I'll do

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
QUOTE (SN3S @ Aug 1 2007, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If fox isn't top tier in brawl, well... I don't know what I'll do

Keep playing as him if you like the character, or, if you want to be like all the other lamers then just switch to another top tier character and pretend you liked them all along. I'd quite like Fox to be mid tier (hell I'd like all the characters to be equal but that aint happening) just so that we can see who was playing him because they like fox and who was playing him just because he's that good.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
I hope Falco returns, even if he gets a new moveset, he's just too cool.
Young Link too (or give Link a little bit of speed, jeez)

Ima cry if they don't announce Luigi soon.

SN3S

SN3S

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
QUOTE (Infernoblaze @ Aug 1 2007, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep playing as him if you like the character, or, if you want to be like all the other lamers then just switch to another top tier character and pretend you liked them all along. I'd quite like Fox to be mid tier (hell I'd like all the characters to be equal but that aint happening) just so that we can see who was playing him because they like fox and who was playing him just because he's that good.

Lol. I main bowser, remember? I only play chracters if I like how they play. That's why I can't play fox at all. I play falco, rather...

QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Aug 1 2007, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope Falco returns, even if he gets a new moveset, he's just too cool.
Young Link too (or give Link a little bit of speed, jeez)

Ima cry if they don't announce Luigi soon.

I just agree with everything you said. QFT.

I'm ignoring the voice in my head that's telling me to make an Ike sig...

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,324 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
I liked to play link, but I couldn't seem to win with him, then I started playing fox against my friend (he only plays sheik) and I started winning every game, then I changed to marth. I wanted to be good with mario/link because I like them, but I just couldn't do it.

Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
QUOTE (SN3S @ Aug 1 2007, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol. I main bowser, remember?

I got confused by your new sig. You have my apologies.

Audy

Audy
  • GA Private
  • 258 posts
  • xfire:audy592
  • Interests:Games, Computer, Skateboarding, Soccer
  • Xbox / GFWL:Audy592
  • PSN:Audy592
  • Gamer Army ID:668

SN3S

SN3S

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
QUOTE (Audy @ Aug 1 2007, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fix'd

Audy

Audy
  • GA Private
  • 258 posts
  • xfire:audy592
  • Interests:Games, Computer, Skateboarding, Soccer
  • Xbox / GFWL:Audy592