Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion Thread

* * * * * 17 votes

• Please log in to reply
7983 replies to this topic

Hadean

Hadean
  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • xfire:hadean
My Ike is going to maul both of your ikes come tourney time xD

And no i will not play either of you with my Ike, as I suspect the style of play I have is unorthodox in comparison to the other ikes and I don't want my style to be studied or copied in any way that might bone me.

If you guys wanna brawl for shits and giggles with joke chars like meta knight, R.O.B. and others, add my xfire: hadean
<-- Mains.

Hadean

Hadean
  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • xfire:hadean
Also i wouldn't mind having a 1v1v1v1 with items for shits, all work and no play makes smash a dull game.

Sorry for the double post.
<-- Mains.

Piratey

Piratey
  • GA Private
  • 163 posts
  • xfire:Piratey
  • Interests:Gears of War
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sigmal
  • Wii:4743977283538789
  • Gamer Army ID:585
Where do you live Silly?

That match just now was lagging like a bitch.

It's hard to avoid lasers when you can't jump right icon_razz.gif
-SOL

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
Almost done organizing/sorting out all the matches I played today. Vids will be up soon, best ones going up first (which means that the ones where I win are going up like last XD)

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

sillytails

sillytails
  • Members
  • 568 posts
  • Wii:3787400858828436
QUOTE (ghoste99 @ Mar 14 2008, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've kind got to the point of hating playing with you in general (this is ment to be a compliment) icon_razz.gif You're the only person I've met who I can't even stand my ground against, I just get compleatly shut down by every move you do it seems. It's getting frustrating, that's why I stopped playing so quickly a second ago icon_razz.gif You know, the first 11 or so rounds of getting pwned were ok but now It's just hurting my pride :_(

hehe its good practice facing me though icon_biggrin.gif you will just do better against others icon_smile.gif

QUOTE (Master C @ Mar 14 2008, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brawl could arrive tomorrow....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAWRRRRRRRRRR

And finally you guys get the chance to be owned.

Awsome bro icon_biggrin.gif but ill be doing the pwning tyvm lol

QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Mar 14 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
alright Im only 1v1ing for a while now, I need the practice, and any more gets super laggy lately :/

and lol, I'm proud of myself, my Ike beat sillytails' Ike ^.^

ya i couldnt belive it lol good game icon_biggrin.gif i think i was in wolf mode....

QUOTE (UDP @ Mar 14 2008, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry I've already gotten owned, thanks for the offer though icon_razz.gif The person that pwned me the most is still contra, but I haven't played with him in quite a few days.

I think you mean silly has pwned you the most lol.

Sol i live in Florida. good games. you got a sick ass metaknight. that grab combo is wicked...

Unseen Killa

Unseen Killa
  • Members
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:Skating/snowboarding, pretty much all extreme sports. Gaming of course.
  • Steam ID:Birdfeather4
  • Xbox / GFWL:Birdfeather
  • Wii:6292052913359869
I've still found it the same amount of laggieness while plaiyng with other people in Florida sadly.

Anyways, I play way better offline, I'm more confident with spiking with Falco, crazy good at comboing with Pickachu, more comfy using light characters. And not calling Ike users noob (especially since hes one of my favorite characters), but hes really easy to use online imo, hes got long reach, and although hes got a slow attack, its hard to avoid because of lag. His side B is really hard to avoid with the lag to.

He's even hard to edgeguard thanks to hit up B making his sword fly in your face.

Just my opinion.

I probably just need to play online more though.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • xfire:killercowld
  • Xbox / GFWL:bloodvayne360
  • PSN:killercow_ld
  • Wii:1681832568364918
QUOTE (ghoste99 @ Mar 14 2008, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll 1v1 you Blood, if you're interested I'll start a game right now... Well I'll start one even if you aren't interested icon_razz.gif

woulda played more but I got tired of fighting ONLY zero suit samus icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Unseen Killa @ Mar 14 2008, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's even hard to edgeguard thanks to hit up B making his sword fly in your face.

Wario
Dair
Win
or anyone with a Dair like that really (yoshi, pikachu, etc)

SN3S

SN3S

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Mar 14 2008, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
woulda played more but I got tired of fighting ONLY zero suit samus icon_razz.gif

I never get tired of that pp_smiley4.gif

And finally, I've got the videos all sorted out. Too late to upload tonight, but tomorrow morning I'll start putting them up.

And I have the duty as a Melee Bowser Player to upload any and all Bowser dittos first; that means you, Sillytails icon_razz.gif

*Edit* Wow, looking back, those matches I played this morning were my best yet XD And then I got online, and lost to everyone almost thrice over... GG's all.

I'm going to stop complaining about losing to lag now; I either need to overcome it or stop complaining about it.

Unseen Killa

Unseen Killa
  • Members
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:Skating/snowboarding, pretty much all extreme sports. Gaming of course.
  • Steam ID:Birdfeather4
  • Xbox / GFWL:Birdfeather
  • Wii:6292052913359869
The sad thing is I get less lag playing Super Smash Brohters online (yes the original), then Brawl, and that game isn't even fucking made to play online AND its on a dedicated server.

NO EXCUSES BRAWL.

ghoste99

ghoste99
  • Members
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Writing/Reading/Gaming (of all kind)/ roller blading.
woulda played more but I got tired of fighting ONLY zero suit samus

Yeah sorry about that but I only like to use my main character, swaping around annoys me -_- oh and I now hate that frigging boat level, that lame cannon balled killed me while I was edge guarding you!!!! I was like WTF? what did he just do to me? didn't even relise it was the stage lol. GG though.

hehe its good practice facing me though you will just do better against others

This is true, that's why I keep facing you even though I know I'm going to get crushed:P Because I save all the replays and practice on what I'm weak on. It it's been helping from what I can see icon_smile.gif

Brawl Friend Code: 5026-4085-1901

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
QUOTE (ghoste99 @ Mar 14 2008, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah sorry about that but I only like to use my main character, swaping around annoys me -_- oh and I now hate that frigging boat level, that lame cannon balled killed me while I was edge guarding you!!!! I was like WTF? what did he just do to me? didn't even relise it was the stage lol. GG though.

Playing other characters helps you learn how other characters work, therefor helping you face off against them with your better character, but meh.
Like my Jigglypuff, didn't you just love it icon_biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hadean @ Mar 14 2008, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Ike is going to maul both of your ikes come tourney time xD

My Ike isn't going to be showing his face come tourney time.
You will get to meet my Wario.
Have fun.

ghoste99

ghoste99
  • Members
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Writing/Reading/Gaming (of all kind)/ roller blading.
Lol I loved your Jigglypuff, when I first saw it I was like "He's got to be joking...." and then you like bitch slapped me and I f-ed up my recovery and I was like "Oh sh*t!" Was difficult for me to pull off my air combos on her too :_( and at that point I think you started to figure out the secrets behind how I grab people lol you were dodging them quite nicely.

And you're right, I probably should play around more with characters, I think I'll start with Wolf tommorow so I can try and find out his weak spots (yeah that's right Silly, I'm coming for you!"
Brawl Friend Code: 5026-4085-1901

Piratey

Piratey
  • GA Private
  • 163 posts
  • xfire:Piratey
  • Interests:Gears of War
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sigmal
  • Wii:4743977283538789
  • Gamer Army ID:585
There should be fighting games with no lag other than the GGPO (that's what it's called, right?) stuff.

That would be sweet....
-SOL

Higgy

Higgy
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • xfire:mustbehiggy
  • PSN:mustbehiggy
  • Wii:7476262370009001
I've been enjoying the ole online mode - but I did find a random guy who kept using Ike and doing the same .. saaammmeee.. move over and over and over. But he wouldn't try to kill people, he'd just stand in the middle randomly spamming one of Ike's smashes hoping someone landed on it. So I went out of my way to kill him, sure enough I was the only person to kill him like 3 times.. but he managed to put the other guys out 3 times each, and I died once..

But it's lame that he managed to do that just (basically) standing still most of the time and just mashing a smash lol. The other guys were stupid enough to just keep jumping into it on the odd time I didn't get to slap him one because the other guys tried to kill me too.

Anyway - who cares about that, my main thought here is.. I hope brawl doesn't become a one character/one move spam game.

I doubt it will because there is so much variety etc etc.. but I hope that not alot of people start taken up this random tactic.

EDIT: Oh btw, I noticed a few of you guys are rather big headed when it comes to SSB... I'd like to get to play you. I ain't saying I'm good but I do want to see how I compare to you almight 'I'm so good at brawl no one can beat me!' types.

I'm on the xfire group so spank me a message when you can and we'll trade FC's and what not.

SN3S

SN3S

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
QUOTE (Piratey @ Mar 14 2008, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There should be fighting games with no lag other than the GGPO (that's what it's called, right?) stuff.

That would be sweet....

Yeah, or P2P Kaillera...

If Nintendo could do that, they'd earn unlimited respect from me and most fighting game players, regardless of their stance on Brawl.

Alright Y'all, it's time I uploaded some vids! Check here for the new ones, and I thought this one was funny:

In Delfino Plaza, Stage Leaves You!

dewoo

dewoo
  • Members
  • 710 posts
I just downloaded the soundtrack.... man it is awsome!
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people.

sillytails

sillytails
  • Members
  • 568 posts
  • Wii:3787400858828436
Higgy ill be glad to face you icon_biggrin.gif i dont claim to be the best ever but i think im pretty good lol.

SN3S..... not the bowser vids....o god lol. those were my worst icon_sad.gif i lost every1 lol. show my sexy wolfplay lol.

Ghost Wolf has a hugggee vulnerable spot. if you or any1 can figure it out..... ill lose for sure lol.

SN3S

SN3S

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
QUOTE (sillytails @ Mar 15 2008, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SN3S..... not the bowser vids....o god lol. those were my worst icon_sad.gif i lost every1 lol. show my sexy wolfplay lol.

Ghost Wolf has a hugggee vulnerable spot. if you or any1 can figure it out..... ill lose for sure lol.

Don't worry, those will show up later. I gotta protect my Bowser pride though icon_razz.gif

And yeah, he does, I've just gotta work on my spacing.

Clarkey

Clarkey
  • Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Clarketk
  • PSN:Clarkek
  • Wii:4185422692335237
SN3S - "Awaiting Registration"

icon_sad.gif

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
QUOTE (SN3S @ Mar 15 2008, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And yeah, he does, I've just gotta work on my spacing.

Tis one reason I say he's manageable.
I beat your brother'swolf yeserday with Ike, idk how good he is tho.

And sometime put my wario vs your peach vid up lol.
Unless it was too laggy, then meh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users