Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion Thread

* * * * * 17 votes

• Please log in to reply
7983 replies to this topic

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
QUOTE (Stick King @ Oct 15 2007, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man i heard that sonic was gonna be one of the characters and i think that this game is gonna be huge its gonna be even better than halo 3

Better, yes. But bigger than halo 3 no. Halo has a MUCH huger fanbase than smash.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

sillytails

sillytails
  • Members
  • 568 posts
  • Wii:3787400858828436
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Oct 16 2007, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Better, yes. But bigger than halo 3 no. Halo has a MUCH huger fanbase than smash.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL... wait not done yet LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

halo sooooooo does not have a bigger fanbase then smash. in florida alone no matter where u went u could buy a copy of halo 3 on day of release and with ssbb u cant even reserve it any more. plus the first 3 days halo 3 was out only 100,000 people were online. now if u look at the numbers of systems sold xbox 360 roughly around 40 million units and wii 65 million. plus halo is rated M making it unavailable to a majority of people whereas sbb is either gonna be E10+ or T making it much more accesible to younger and older gamers. plus with ssbb its almost a guarentee u will find a charecter in the game that u like.

bottom line is halo 3 although fun pales in compparison to ssbb which is the most anticipated game of 2008 by far and most likely will be game of the year.

also if someone had a 360 and a wii and halo 3 and ssbb came out the same day i would guarentee that ssbb will sell 5x as many copies.

so ssbb > halo 3 by a substantial amount.

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
QUOTE (sillytails @ Oct 16 2007, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
man ive always loved the homerun contest now its soooo much better with the co-op/alternative play online. i call inferno for my team icon_smile.gif

I wouldn't. I suck at homerun XD.

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
Hmm, this looks good.

The biggest things for me were the new look of the stadium (simply awesome), and the shield. Every day I'm finding a new way to thank sakurai for this game. Do you know how many times I've messed up my HRC runs with Ganoondorf because the bat moved out of bounds? This will make it so much easier.

Co-op will be fun, for some lols, but I really want him to tell us that you can fully customize normal Brawl matches online.

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

sillytails

sillytails
  • Members
  • 568 posts
QUOTE (Infernoblaze @ Oct 16 2007, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't. I suck at homerun XD.

hehe but with the new "flavor" of bowser and SONIC!!!! we will rule alllll.

and sn3s ganon may not be in lol also ya fully customizable online matches would rock.

Timberwolf

Timberwolf
  • Members
  • 354 posts
  • xfire:timberwolf85
  • Interests:Nissan/Infiniti<br />Working Out<br />Baseball<br />Football<br />Golf<br /><br />SSBB<br />Madden<br />C&amp;C<br />Battlefield
  • Wii:3140808564755201
Awesome update, two players and online!?!

Nissan + Infiniti= :-D

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*
  • Guests
no silly, he is right. halo has a MUCH larger fan base than smash...at least, in america. i doubt gamestops will even do midnight releases for smash here. the halo 3 midnight release was over 200 people long. i was number 15 and i got there at about 7.

as for mains, assuming everyone i want in is in....(in no order...)

ike
gannondorf
mewtwo
falco(if not, than fox)
sonic
zelda

ill probably be really good with the first 3 and the other 3 will be my back up. im pretty decent with zelda in melee actually. i can double fair in a single shffle (though i guess it isnt a true shffle cause i dont ff it).

sillytails

sillytails
  • Members
  • 568 posts
ninjya america only dosnt count im talking worldwide also how the hell are u good with mewtwo? he is by far my worst guy lol. also who cares about midnight releases the overall count of copies sold on the release day was nothing compared to what smash will be.

MegamanXZero

MegamanXZero
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,462 posts
  • xfire:MegamanXLanDarkZero
  • Interests:Gaming, Megaman, Anime, Movies, Cars, Megaman, Soccer, Martial Arts, hmmz.... ow and did I mention Megaman ??
  • Xbox / GFWL:MegamanXLanZero
  • PSN:MegamanXZero
  • Wii:3375446218493519
  • Gamer Army ID:924
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (sillytails @ Oct 16 2007, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ninjya america only dosnt count im talking worldwide also how the hell are u good with mewtwo? he is by far my worst guy lol. also who cares about midnight releases the overall count of copies sold on the release day was nothing compared to what smash will be.

Mewtwo is indeed a shit tier, but some people can be annoying with him lol...

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (sillytails @ Oct 16 2007, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

down tilt down tilt down tilt down tilt down tilt down tilt down tilt FAIR FAIR FAIR up throw gg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd1FFTsecW4
^^^ he would rock you

sillytails

sillytails
  • Members
  • 568 posts
QUOTE (Silint Ninjya @ Oct 16 2007, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
down tilt down tilt down tilt down tilt down tilt down tilt down tilt FAIR FAIR FAIR up throw gg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd1FFTsecW4
^^^ he would rock you

lol wow that guy is sick i love the ledge hogging he does 40 seconds in. is he facing other people or cpu's?

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*
  • Guests
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zLiRBAKWEeU
^^^ that is vs forward. the first or second best falco in the world.

he would DOMINATE you.

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
  • xfire:Too lazy to open X-fire every time...
  • Interests:Wii!
  • Xbox / GFWL:fps anth
  • PSN:finally got a 360!
  • Wii:8250730335940364
  • Gamer Army ID:1158
Unfortunately, two of my mains aren't in the game yet.

Marth
Sheik
Fox
Peach

Assuming that Ike is very similar to Marth...

Ike
Fox
Peach
SONIC

Sure, Meta Knight seems strong, but I gotta get my hands on him first.

I beat Jarett in Tetris. Once. Then he beat me four times straight. But still, I beat him once!

sillytails

sillytails
  • Members
  • 568 posts
QUOTE (Silint Ninjya @ Oct 16 2007, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he would DOMINATE you.

lol i dont like these vids because
1. ill never be that good.
2. i dont wanna be that good,
3. i play smash for a crazy fun time not to compete.
4. all that stuff might be removed in brawl

but i will admit those people are amazing and i would love to see them with sonic/meta/pit/ike and what the hell pkmn trainer as well icon_smile.gif

sillytails

sillytails
  • Members
  • 568 posts
dble post srry

LippyJ

LippyJ
  • Members
  • 129 posts
Indeed, but then, I used to think Inferno was ridiculous, until I started playing Melee more, and now I've got better, to a level that we can have some semi decent matches. He still rapes me, but it's a lot closer than it used to be.

But the amount of effort people put in to play like that doesn't seem worth it, although, it is pretty cool.

MegamanXZero

MegamanXZero
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,462 posts
  • xfire:MegamanXLanDarkZero
  • Interests:Gaming, Megaman, Anime, Movies, Cars, Megaman, Soccer, Martial Arts, hmmz.... ow and did I mention Megaman ??
  • Xbox / GFWL:MegamanXLanZero
  • PSN:MegamanXZero
  • Wii:3375446218493519
  • Gamer Army ID:924
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (LippyJ @ Oct 16 2007, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed, but then, I used to think Inferno was ridiculous, until I started playing Melee more, and now I've got better, to a level that we can have some semi decent matches. He still rapes me, but it's a lot closer than it used to be.

But the amount of effort people put in to play like that doesn't seem worth it, although, it is pretty cool.

So you guys know eachother in RL ?

LippyJ

LippyJ
  • Members
  • 129 posts
Yeah, he owns me in the face at most things, and I own him at tetris...icon_biggrin.gif

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
QUOTE (LippyJ @ Oct 16 2007, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, he owns me in the face at most things,

Bukkake?

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
QUOTE (Silint Ninjya @ Oct 16 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he would DOMINATE you.

Poor gimpy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND8B-hiNIZ4

Are there any recorded matches of Forward vs Bombsoldier?

Mains in Brawl? Bowser. He will be my main. Screw other characters (I'll play them but no way in hell are they mained).
Characters I'll play more as though are likely to be Mario, Meta, Falco (if he's in) and mebe Ike. Oh and of course if Ridley's there him too.

Any of you got a favourite pro smasher? Mine would have to be Luke simply because he's so damn funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCg4KwNhrec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=522dijmKRdg
Pity he doesn't play any more. Out of current players it's easily Gimpy.

Also nice to see lippy bowing down to my supremacy (He really does own me at tetris though).

Lippy, despite the fact that I could ask you on Xfire or TS or IRL. Are you free this weekend?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users