Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion Thread

* * * * * 17 votes

• Please log in to reply
7983 replies to this topic

valgear

valgear
  • GA Private
  • 2,011 posts
  • xfire:GodOfPwnage
  • Interests:Gaming, building computers, working on computers, PP, all teh mods <3
  • Xbox / GFWL:valgear
  • PSN:valgear
  • Wii:6735537814589178
  • Gamer Army ID:111
SONIC WILL BE IN BRAWL IF SEGA AGREES!!!
I bet my Wii that they will agree, I mean, there is already a Mario and Sonic game, why cant he just be one of many in Brawl?
-Source
--Last.fm--Facebook--Twitter--

I'm Done *Covers Face*

Timberwolf

Timberwolf
  • Members
  • 354 posts
  • xfire:timberwolf85
  • Interests:Nissan/Infiniti<br />Working Out<br />Baseball<br />Football<br />Golf<br /><br />SSBB<br />Madden<br />C&amp;C<br />Battlefield
  • Wii:3140808564755201
Damn that sounds to good to be true, December 3rd seems so far away

Nissan + Infiniti= :-D

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

Busting your balls since 1987. | Best Art Contributor

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
  • Gamer Army ID:2866
QUOTE (valgear @ Jul 23 2007, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bet my Wii that they will agree, I mean, there is already a Mario and Sonic game, why cant he just be one of many in Brawl?
-Source

OMG PINCH ME I'M DREAMING!!! D:

SEGA will be fricken' stupid if they say no.
"Wish you were here."
- The Devil, on his tour of Georgia, U.S.

HypnoticMoose

HypnoticMoose
  • GA Private
  • 435 posts
  • Interests:Flash, Photoshop, Games, Breathing, Eating, etc.
  • Xbox / GFWL:HypnoticMoose
  • Gamer Army ID:2373
in case you didn't know about this already this website has workday updates on any aspect of this game, so 5 updates a week
"If there were no laws, there would be a one-hundred percent drop in the crime rate"
~HypnoticMoose

Spencer

Spencer

Best NickName of 2006 as teh_raperer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
  • Interests:Basically like to play games, spend time on the computer browsing teh intratubes. IRL I like to play baseball and enjoy spending time with my pals, sounds swell don't it?
  • Gamer Army ID:1466
QUOTE (Maltese @ Jul 22 2007, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in case you didn't know about this already this website has workday updates on any aspect of this game, so 5 updates a week

lol no kiddin eh, thats liek toly not teh website we hav been talkin bout 4 20 pages lol

---
Yeah we know.

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

Busting your balls since 1987. | Best Art Contributor

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
  • Gamer Army ID:2866
Lol. It's okay, he was trying to inform us of a great cause.

And isn't that what really matters? Yes. Yes it is.
"Wish you were here."
- The Devil, on his tour of Georgia, U.S.

Spencer

Spencer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
  • Interests:Basically like to play games, spend time on the computer browsing teh intratubes. IRL I like to play baseball and enjoy spending time with my pals, sounds swell don't it?
QUOTE (BlightedArt @ Jul 23 2007, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol. It's okay, he was trying to inform us of a great cause.

And isn't that what really matters? Yes. Yes it is.

Yeah I was just kidding around, reason for the serious answer at the end. (got to have some fun some how)

Also, today's update is a new stage. It's like the Ice Climber's stage, except in Donkey Kong form. It looks pretty good, but I don't know if I'll like it just because of that upward scrolling feature.

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
If you look at one of the screens you can see mario climbing the ladder. icon_surprised.gif icon_surprised.gif (unless his jump makes him look like his climbing).
If there isn't a Donkey Kong stage where I can jump over flames and barrels, theres gonna be hell raised.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • xfire:killercowld
  • Xbox / GFWL:bloodvayne360
  • PSN:killercow_ld
  • Wii:1681832568364918
As long as this level doesn't go back down like the ice mountain did, it will be pretty fun.The only reason the ice climbers stage is banned from tournaments is because of how it changes direction and speed constantly. If it was a constant speed and direction, it would be fine.

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
QUOTE (valgear @ Jul 23 2007, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Source

"UPDATE: It turns out this story is completely wrong and the article is fake. So to the four Sonic fans left on the planet, TheFeed apologizes."

Phew, that close.

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
New level = Anal sex with an arcade machine. Its gonna be awesome!!!!!!

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
YOSHI!

TADA!

*round of applause ensues*

The green dinosaur everyone loves/hates is back! And it looks like he'll be more powerful this time and with a better recovery.
He can launch consecutive attacks and even smack around enemies below him mid-flight.

Amongst other things, he can now use his up special move, the Egg Toss, to increase the distance of his jump.

I'm not sure what he means by the smascking around enemies below him in mid flight but it sounds interesting. I hated the way yoshi was in melee so it looks like I might enjoy him more here!

Hey no! Yoshi... what are you doing? Eeww no that's just wrong.. and why does Donkey Kong look so damn happy about it?

I'd assume that's yoshi's grab or something... no sure how that's gonna work, doesn't he normally just eat people?

Spencer

Spencer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
Great, Yoshi's back. That means if he keeps the same moveset he's going to be able to eat people and eating people near the edge may result in death... I've never liked that feature. But other than that Yoshi has always been alright with me.

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
Maybe an air grab?

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • xfire:killercowld
  • Xbox / GFWL:bloodvayne360
  • PSN:killercow_ld
  • Wii:1681832568364918
QUOTE (Spencer @ Jul 24 2007, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great, Yoshi's back. That means if he keeps the same moveset he's going to be able to eat people and eating people near the edge may result in death... I've never liked that feature. But other than that Yoshi has always been alright with me.

Mehh, that was never a problem if you knew how to DI right after he eats you.

Kirby was the one you needed to worry about, too many suicide grabs

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,316 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
I think yoshi got tired of people riding on him, now it's his turn!

The air attack that they mentioned is probably just the one where when you jump in SSBM and hit down+A.

helpfulh.jpg
Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

Blinky the Ghost

Blinky the Ghost
  • Banned
  • 384 posts
  • xfire:jenger
  • Interests:I love pwning.
I'm probably looking most forward to seeing the special moves, as well as what single player modes they have available... as for characters, I'm probably looking forward to Zero Suit Samus... she's hawt. icon_wink.gif

I have watched more trailers than I should, and I'm really hoping to get this on release date. I'm not exactly sure as to what online capabilities they're having planned, so I'm probably going to Wiki it right now.
Jengerer

Spencer

Spencer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Jul 24 2007, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mehh, that was never a problem if you knew how to DI right after he eats you.

Kirby was the one you needed to worry about, too many suicide grabs

It wasn't so much DI as much as just spamming all of the buttons and the joy stick for you to break out sooner. But on levels such as Yoshi Story and playing a fast faller like fox you were screwed because of the short fall to death.

And yeah Kirby was another problem with the suicide grabs. Also the suck up move (B) and then just fall, when you got out of Kirby you were too low to recover (with some characters) and Kirby could still recover becuase of his decent recovery and floating ability.

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
QUOTE (Spencer @ Jul 24 2007, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It wasn't so much DI as much as just spamming all of the buttons and the joy stick for you to break out sooner. But on levels such as Yoshi Story and playing a fast faller like fox you were screwed because of the short fall to death.

And yeah Kirby was another problem with the suicide grabs. Also the suck up move (B) and then just fall, when you got out of Kirby you were too low to recover (with some characters) and Kirby could still recover becuase of his decent recovery and floating ability.

Actually it is DI, if he eggs you on the edge of the stage you can just hold towards the stage and make it back every time. Kirby? Pchhh... You can break all of his grabs that would cause a suicide KO at the exact moment he leaps in the air and his suckup move is so easy to break out of anyways it rarely ever kills, plus Kirby is such a crap character anyway icon_razz.gif If you're worried about suicide grabs it's bowser you wanna watch out for; that claw is LETHAL!

On the topic of updates it looks like you can destroy every single bit of the Pit stage... that could be deadly for some of the less agile characters. I also didn't expect the layout to be as it is with that lower platform, it makes a nice change to the usual base with 3 static platforms in a triangle above the base.

Spencer

Spencer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
QUOTE (Infernoblaze @ Jul 25 2007, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually it is DI, if he eggs you on the edge of the stage you can just hold towards the stage and make it back every time. Kirby? Pchhh... You can break all of his grabs that would cause a suicide KO at the exact moment he leaps in the air and his suckup move is so easy to break out of anyways it rarely ever kills, plus Kirby is such a crap character anyway icon_razz.gif If you're worried about suicide grabs it's bowser you wanna watch out for; that claw is LETHAL!

I think the DI depends on the character you are playing. DI back onto the stage might work with Jigglypuff, but it sure would be hard to do with Bowser or Ganondorf. And once you are falling you have to spam joystick and butttons to free yourself.

I find Kirby's suck up suicide more effective than the throw ones because the throws a lot of the time lets go at low percentages. The thing with the suck up one is that once Kirby is half down to the bottom he spits you out and he makes it back to the stage.

Keep in mind the reason any of these situation are happening is because of four player free for all matches. If any of these kinds of thing happened in a real match I would really be ashamed. Besides who uses Yoshi or Kirby is a serious match anyway.

Ok, the update. A new stage. It falls apart. I don't know what else to say. But one thing caught my eye.

I figured spikes/meteor spikes would be in Brawl, but that image confirms it. That looks like Donkey Kong's Fair meteor from Melee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users