Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion Thread

* * * * * 17 votes

• Please log in to reply
7983 replies to this topic

Zllig

Zllig
  • Members
  • 790 posts
Here we go, the other thread was getting a bit off topic, so someone came up with the idea for this thread(teh_raperer). So here you go, anything SSBB related is cool here. Just avoid flaming at opinions.

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

Busting your balls since 1987. | Best Art Contributor

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
  • Gamer Army ID:2866
(raperers's idea for thread)

Lol. =P

I wonder what each characters Brawl move is... =o Links looks awesome.
"Wish you were here."
- The Devil, on his tour of Georgia, U.S.

Zllig

Zllig
  • Members
  • 790 posts
Never said it was my idea, but yeah was screwing around in stickam with Boyce, he is like "bet u cant post b4 raperer", no harm done really though I will credit raperer to be proper.

Spencer

Spencer

Best NickName of 2006 as teh_raperer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
  • Interests:Basically like to play games, spend time on the computer browsing teh intratubes. IRL I like to play baseball and enjoy spending time with my pals, sounds swell don't it?
  • Gamer Army ID:1466
Eh, my thread idea 0_o... lol

Who thinks Metaknight is gonna pwn? I think either he is gonna pwn hardcore or he'll be hard to play and only be ok. Either way I'm going to use him as one of my mains for sure. Him and Link are my favorites clearly shown below.

What you guys think about what looks like special moves? I think they will be cool, but will be cut for torny play.

I know SSBB will be played with the GameCube controller, but I'm hoping for some kind of mode where you can apply to the Wiimote to game play. That would be fun.

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
QUOTE (teh_raperer @ Mar 7 2007, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who thinks Metaknight is gonna pwn? I think either he is gonna pwn hardcore or he'll be hard to play and only be ok. Either way I'm going to use him as one of my mains for sure. Him and Link are my favorites clearly shown below.

What you guys think about what looks like special moves? I think they will be cool, but will be cut for torny play.

I know SSBB will be played with the GameCube controller, but I'm hoping for some kind of mode where you can apply to the Wiimote to game play. That would be fun.

I dunno, Wiimote doesn't quite seem to gel for SSBB. I'm liking the idea of adding Kid (Pitt) in there, looks like a real interesting character.
"Wish you were here."

Zllig

Zllig
  • Members
  • 790 posts
QUOTE (teh_raperer @ Mar 6 2007, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think what I heard they are going to do is, make it so that all normal fighting will be done with the GC controller, and then special mini games and such will be Wiimoted.

Spencer

Spencer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
  • Interests:Basically like to play games, spend time on the computer browsing teh intratubes. IRL I like to play baseball and enjoy spending time with my pals, sounds swell don't it?
QUOTE (Zllig @ Mar 6 2007, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think what I heard they are going to do is, make it so that all normal fighting will be done with the GC controller, and then special mini games and such will be Wiimoted.

But how though, it's not like the Wiimote settles as a real controller?

But I do agree that the GameCube controller will be fine for SSBB.

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Metroid games, Nintendo, Guitar, Hockey (Maple Leafs fan), Basketball (Toronto Raptors), music includes metallica, dragonforce, trivium, megadeth, pantera and MeTroiD Metal. favourite game of all time is super metroid, love LOTR movies, simply enjoy a nice time chilling with my friends going out to eat or drink (i don't drink but keep them company of course) or just chilling at someones place, watching stuff, talking or playing Wii sports which is the next best new thing to do :) oh and megaman because MegamanXLanDarkZero said so :)
  • Xbox / GFWL:The Man Toss
  • Wii:2302372127657498
QUOTE (BlightedArt @ Mar 6 2007, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno, Wiimote doesn't quite seem to gel for SSBB. I'm liking the idea of adding Kid (Pitt) in there, looks like a real interesting character.

i agree, i would prefer using the normal controller for a fighting game for the most part, i think nintendo should give a choice however, i would appreciate it and maybe mess around with it and if it's good enough i would use it

i would still prefer them to push the cube/classic controller so the game can be kept simple and do what it does best, be an all out chaotic fighting game but have really simple controls, but also include Wii motion controls, choice is always good and i doubt it would take up too much time to do this, DBZ allowed you to use the cube or the Wii motion controls from what i hear, so why can't smash bros?? i would really like the best of both worlds and people can then choose what they like best

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
What I want to see is another trailer showcaseing more of the characters special attacks! Links tri-Force special is Freakin' Sweet!

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
QUOTE (Silent_Dirge @ Mar 8 2007, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I want to see is another trailer showcaseing more of the characters special attacks! Links tri-Force special is Freakin' Sweet!

You must really like it. XD It's pretty friggen' cool though.
"Wish you were here."

Spencer

Spencer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
QUOTE (Silent_Dirge @ Mar 7 2007, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, as much as I'd want to see a new trailer or something that just leaves me wanting to have the game come out sooner.

The deal with the controllers, I think they should incorporate both. How is a good question. What I think would be cool and would take a lot of work to perfect and make would be to use both controller and straight up just have all different stuff for either controller. For the GameCube controller just play the game like it has been played for last two games and for the Wiimote just have all new stuff to do. I think that would be cool.

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
  • xfire:Too lazy to open X-fire every time...
  • Interests:Wii!
  • Xbox / GFWL:fps anth
  • PSN:finally got a 360!
  • Wii:8250730335940364
  • Gamer Army ID:1158
Anyone think we're gonna get some info tomorrow from Miyamoto at GDC? It would be nice, considering E3 is dead, and GDC is pretty much the biggest video game show atm.

I beat Jarett in Tetris. Once. Then he beat me four times straight. But still, I beat him once!

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Steam ID:Cure_IMR
SSBB is one of the only reasons I want to get a Wii, I loved Melee on the GC.

Zllig

Zllig
  • Members
  • 790 posts
QUOTE (teh_raperer @ Mar 7 2007, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, as much as I'd want to see a new trailer or something that just leaves me wanting to have the game come out sooner.

The deal with the controllers, I think they should incorporate both. How is a good question. What I think would be cool and would take a lot of work to perfect and make would be to use both controller and straight up just have all different stuff for either controller. For the GameCube controller just play the game like it has been played for last two games and for the Wiimote just have all new stuff to do. I think that would be cool.

Hahahah yeah I agree, more trailers=the more I can't wait for this game.

And I agree that they should some how get both controllers in the game, an option to use either is a great idea. I could see there being many injuries due to an all Wiimote brawl. Lol

Dirge

Dirge

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
QUOTE (Zllig @ Mar 7 2007, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahahah yeah I agree, more trailers=the more I can't wait for this game.

And I agree that they should some how get both controllers in the game, an option to use either is a great idea. I could see there being many injuries due to an all Wiimote brawl. Lol

If they did that then people would have a slightly distinct advantage over eachother depending on which controllers they used. I think a button layout system would be much better because you could choose your controlls so you can customize your controller to your fighting style. Its a great idea and you can curve your skills around the techniques you use most.

Oh and another thing - When brawl comes out we should Hold a Insanely massive Purepwnage wide tournament!!!! It would be Awesome!!!!!!!!

Vengeance

Vengeance

MotM March 2007 | teh_cookierer

• GA Sergeant
  • 2,057 posts
  • xfire:vengeance238
  • Wii:7099005730287119
  • Gamer Army ID:100
I think it's been confirmed the Gamecube controller can be used, but hey, I could be wrong. If I can, I'll be using it icon_smile.gif

Spencer

Spencer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
QUOTE (Vengeance @ Mar 8 2007, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's been confirmed the Gamecube controller can be used, but hey, I could be wrong. If I can, I'll be using it icon_smile.gif

It is, we are just discussing other options Nintendo might use seeing as they could probably use both controllers.

QUOTE (Silent_Dirge @ Mar 8 2007, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they did that then people would have a slightly distinct advantage over eachother depending on which controllers they used. I think a button layout system would be much better because you could choose your controlls so you can customize your controller to your fighting style. Its a great idea and you can curve your skills around the techniques you use most.
Oh and another thing - When brawl comes out we should Hold a Insanely massive Purepwnage wide tournament!!!! It would be Awesome!!!!!!!!

What I mean is in the match you use the Wiimote you can only play against a person with a Wiimote and the same thing for GameCube. If anything having a button layout system would create advantages. Then once someone finds the ultimate layout everyone will just use it. Man theres so many option you can do, too bad Brawl can't have all of them.

Awe man, I had that idea in the planning about a forum wide tournament, but we definitly should do it that. It would be awesome!

Dirge

Dirge

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
QUOTE (teh_raperer @ Mar 8 2007, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.... Then once someone finds the ultimate layout everyone will just use it. Man theres so many option you can do, too bad Brawl can't have all of them.

If they Made brawl perfect there would never be a sequel icon_razz.gif

MegamanXZero

MegamanXZero
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,462 posts
  • xfire:MegamanXLanDarkZero
  • Interests:Gaming, Megaman, Anime, Movies, Cars, Megaman, Soccer, Martial Arts, hmmz.... ow and did I mention Megaman ??
  • Xbox / GFWL:MegamanXLanZero
  • PSN:MegamanXZero
  • Wii:3375446218493519
  • Gamer Army ID:924
  • Company:Mu
Does anyone have or know where I can download the second official trailer of SSBB in good quality,
I've checked GameTrailers and that one was crap.

It's about this trailer:
http://www.smashbros.com/en/movie/movie02.html

Spencer

Spencer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
QUOTE (MegamanXLanDarkZero @ Mar 10 2007, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone have or know where I can download the second official trailer of SSBB in good quality,
I've checked GameTrailers and that one was crap.

It's about this trailer:
http://www.smashbros.com/en/movie/movie02.html

Did you try IGN? I think you can download trailers from them, I'm not positive though. If you are using FireFox and have the Video Download extension you can do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users