Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Getting a new computer for gameing and i need some help

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

DannyJW

DannyJW
  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Gameing
Its going to be for gameing (looking foward to playing SP and C&C3) and so far i have made up this

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6135/computer1tf3.jpg

But i get this message

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1930/computer2kc9.jpg

1. Does this just mean I need 850W if i decide to use a second graphics card later on and that im fine useing 200W+ with just the 1 card? (i have no plans for a second card.)

2. How decent are those specs? will it all work fine together?

3. Are there any other UK PC websites you can recomend for building a PC?
IPB Image
WoW is for people who play there games on easy mode

theblackmages

theblackmages
  • Members
  • 1,120 posts
QUOTE (DannyJW @ Mar 5 2007, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its going to be for gameing (looking foward to playing SP and C&C3) and so far i have made up this

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6135/computer1tf3.jpg

But i get this message

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1930/computer2kc9.jpg

1. Does this just mean I need 850W if i decide to use a second graphics card later on and that im fine useing 200W+ with just the 1 card? (i have no plans for a second card.)

2. How decent are those specs? will it all work fine together?

3. Are there any other UK PC websites you can recomend for building a PC?

yes it'll work together , just get a better psu, i recommend the ocz gamexstream 750watt.

stabhappy

stabhappy
  • Banned
  • 5,345 posts
  • xfire:101headshotcruiser
  • Interests:Computing<br />Gaming<br />Music/Guitar<br /><br />http://myspace.com/maffuwilliams
that site is a piece of shit.

Drop the CPU to an e6600, you'll save loads and get performance close to it.

Drop 4gb of DDR2-667 ram to 2GB of DDR2-800 ram. You'll thank me later.

That graphic card requires 450w PSU, you're fine. That PSU you've selected can hold two 8800GTX's, actually.

I suggest jumping on Vista, it's the only OS that you'll get the full potential of your GPU out.
Core2Duo e6400@3.2GHZ, 42C | GigaByte DS3 Rev2 @1.6FSB. | 2GB Gskill DDR2-800
2x 250GB Seagate Barracuda | 7600GT | OCZ GameXStream 600W 72A psu | Antec 900 | Tuniq Tower 120
Servage.net</a> (Available worldwide. Huge usage limits.)

Komet

Komet

PPFA 2006: Best HW&SW teh_overclockerer

• GA Corporal
  • 9,425 posts
  • xfire:theredkomet
  • Wii:7734541838954115
  • Gamer Army ID:128
protip: ASUS P5B is a crossfire motherboard. Well, the deluxe anyway.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
ew, CF on 8x 4x....

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

DannyJW

DannyJW
  • Members
  • 111 posts
I thought Vista was one of those things you'd wait a year or so for untill all the bugs are gone and everyone else has it.

Can older games be played on Vista BTW?

oh i have changed it abit.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6059/computer3cr4.jpg

Is there anything else worth changeing? and again are there any other UK sites anyone can recomend.
IPB Image

Raving Looney

Raving Looney
  • GA Private
  • 625 posts
  • xfire:reaperman555
  • Gamer Army ID:2161
Old games can be played on Vista but (as i've read) suffer a massive decrease in performance because of something to do with teh drivers or something. But Komet will know more about it

Komet

Komet

PPFA 2006: Best HW&SW teh_overclockerer

• GA Corporal
  • 9,425 posts
  • xfire:theredkomet
  • Wii:7734541838954115
  • Gamer Army ID:128
QUOTE (DannyJW @ Mar 5 2007, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh i have changed it abit.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6059/computer3cr4.jpg

Is there anything else worth changeing? and again are there any other UK sites anyone can recomend.
That looks great. One thing, when you add -ing to a word, you always drop the 'e'. Thus, gaming, changing, etc.
QUOTE (Raving Looney @ Mar 5 2007, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Old games can be played on Vista but (as i've read) suffer a massive decrease in performance because of something to do with teh drivers or something. But Komet will know more about it
They fixed the drivers, everything is fine in vista now.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Just get Vista. There's really no reason not to...

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

DannyJW

DannyJW
  • Members
  • 111 posts
Thanks everyone, just one more question.

I am planning in some way to use my current harddrive as well as useing the new one since i want to keep alot of the stuff i have on it. But i have been told that i can just put it in becuase you can only have the OP system on one of them or somthing like that.

So how would i go about using it on the new computer or how could i transfer the data from my old drive to the new one (mostly just video, music, pictures and some gaming files)
IPB Image

Deadude

Deadude
  • Members
  • 195 posts
  • xfire:deadude
well u can install windows on ur new PC's HDD and then put in ur other HDD and copy the files over or just leave it in but not all games etc will work because of registry files which u can always save if u rly need to but pics/music and vids you can all do

you could also just send them over network if u dont wanna swap ur HDD over
IPB Image

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

Best HW & SW Contributor 08 & 09

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dont like
  • PSN:Completely detest
  • Wii:Cant afford
QUOTE (DannyJW @ Mar 5 2007, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So how would i go about using it on the new computer or how could i transfer the data from my old drive to the new one (mostly just video, music, pictures and some gaming files)

Just make sure you install windows on the new one and boot from it. Apart from that just put both HDDs in your new machine and go for gold.

Also if your interested you could drop the graphics to an 8800GTS to save a bit of cash, you wont really notice a performance difference. However if you want the top of the line shiz dont let me stop ya.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users