Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gun Control

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
QUOTE (rightwingguy @ Feb 20 2007, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heres a pic that relates to that

[img]http://gifu.cool.ne....trol_works2.JPG[/im g]

That is not gun control, that is when guns are illegal entirely, nice job there.

I don't see why someone would oppose a 2 week waiting period, a background check and a requirement of taking a gun safety class. What is wrong with wanting someone to know how to responsibly use a fire arm that can kill? People think gun control = no guns, but it doesn't.
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

piggyspizza

piggyspizza
  • Members
  • 3,170 posts
  • xfire:piggyspizza
  • Interests:Guitar<br />Gaming<br />Computers<br />Friends
  • Xbox / GFWL:Shwanzig
  • Wii:7168706976063002
QUOTE (Master C @ Feb 20 2007, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really dont get the american obsession with guns. Gun control as far as I know isnt even discussed in most countries under politics.

That's because our country was built on guns, we got our independce because so many men/frontiersman had there own guns.

I personally love going to a range, and shooting a gun, and just for personal protection at home.

QUOTE (st1dinoh @ Feb 20 2007, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nah...i was thinking more like this...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087985/

/Raises fist

"WOLVIERINES!"
Crysis isn't a game, it's a benchmark.

rightwingguy

rightwingguy
  • Members
  • 172 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:badgerpup
QUOTE (MCClammer @ Feb 20 2007, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is not gun control, that is when guns are illegal entirely, nice job there.

I don't see why someone would oppose a 2 week waiting period, a background check and a requirement of taking a gun safety class. What is wrong with wanting someone to know how to responsibly use a fire arm that can kill? People think gun control = no guns, but it doesn't.

When guns are made illegal, that is still a form of strict gun control.

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
QUOTE (rightwingguy @ Feb 20 2007, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When guns are made illegal, that is still a form of strict gun control.

Yeah, i am not advocating that, i am advocating gun control, not gun outlaw. I think guns are fine if you are trained.

BTW... WOLVERINES!!! AVENGE ME@!!!!!!
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

Doctorworm32

Doctorworm32
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • xfire:doctorworm32
The AWB better not get passed for some time...I want to buy my AR-15 still...and I'm only 16. Two more years.

Gun control, as stated, only takes guns away from law abiding citizens who want to use them. I'm sure if the shooters here took the people who hate guns (euros), they will love it. I know I sure did when I shot that AR-15
IPB Image

[size=6]If you build you empire on money, it will collapse like a house of cards. But if you build your empire on love, you'll get the Taj Mahal."[size=6]

Wolf the Widowmaker

Wolf the Widowmaker
  • Members
  • 783 posts
  • xfire:wolfthewidowmaker
  • Interests:FPS, RPG, retro games
I believe that hunting and sporting guns should be allowed and only slightly controlled. Because most of them are used in a responsible manner.

Guns for defending yourself, however, I do not entirely appove of. Why? I once read that people with guns for protecting themselves against burglars are more likely to hit a family member than a burglar. That's why.

No weapon made for military purposes should be available to the public. We just don't want n00bs running around with M16s, now do we?

-Half-Life. Because zombies are better off dead.
-WTF has Half-Life got to do with Physics???
-You cannot kill the Free Man. (Well, you COULD kill him, but at least you couldn't zombify him. I hope.)

rightwingguy

rightwingguy
  • Members
  • 172 posts
QUOTE (Wolf the Widowmaker @ Feb 23 2007, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe that hunting and sporting guns should be allowed and only slightly controlled. Because most of them are used in a responsible manner.

Guns for defending yourself, however, I do not entirely appove of. Why? I once read that people with guns for protecting themselves against burglars are more likely to hit a family member than a burglar. That's why.

No weapon made for military purposes should be available to the public. We just don't want n00bs running around with M16s, now do we?

Ok, but what if the military/government starts running around with their power, who's to stop them. It's up to the public to defend for themselves under a corrupt government.

Also, you can only get those type of guns with a permit. If you have a crazy history, you will not be issued one.

Doctorworm32

Doctorworm32
  • Members
  • 922 posts
You don't want guns to defend yourself? Thats the whole point of why guns were made. And hunting and sporting guns are pretty much all guns.
IPB Image

[size=6]If you build you empire on money, it will collapse like a house of cards. But if you build your empire on love, you'll get the Taj Mahal."[size=6]

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
You should have the right own guns to only defend yourself and for sporting type reasons. But do you really need automatic guns in the hands of civilians? Hell no. Why the fuck would they ever need them? Otherwise than that guns are fine in my opinion, but they check who is buying guns.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
  • Interests:fireworks, weed,
QUOTE (Doctorworm32 @ Feb 24 2007, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't want guns to defend yourself? Thats the whole point of why guns were made. And hunting and sporting guns are pretty much all guns.

a semi automatic shotgun with a short barrel is sold and marketed as a self defense weapon.

now add a 40 shot winding drum cartrige, a pistol grip and a combat grip in the front....you've got a street sweeper.

for around 200 bucks i just turned a simple self defense shotgun into a serious killing machine. you load that thing up with deer slugs and you can easily take out a whole crowd of people/cars/cops/ect...

so where do you draw the line?

you go to a store and pay 250 for a sturdy reliable self defense weapon, and then jump online and within about 15 minutes you've got the kit in route to transform that simple shotgun into something very serious.

unless we go back to the days of selling only.22 cal snub nose single shots then there will always be a way to abuse it.

but as i said earlier in this thread when you take away guns, you only take them away from the people who need them. the people you intend to take the guns from are the only ones that still have them...only now with free reign to abuse them.

rightwingguy

rightwingguy
  • Members
  • 172 posts
QUOTE (st1dinoh @ Feb 24 2007, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a semi automatic shotgun with a short barrel is sold and marketed as a self defense weapon.

now add a 40 shot winding drum cartrige, a pistol grip and a combat grip in the front....you've got a street sweeper.

for around 200 bucks i just turned a simple self defense shotgun into a serious killing machine. you load that thing up with deer slugs and you can easily take out a whole crowd of people/cars/cops/ect...

so where do you draw the line?

you go to a store and pay 250 for a sturdy reliable self defense weapon, and then jump online and within about 15 minutes you've got the kit in route to transform that simple shotgun into something very serious.

unless we go back to the days of selling only.22 cal snub nose single shots then there will always be a way to abuse it.

but as i said earlier in this thread when you take away guns, you only take them away from the people who need them. the people you intend to take the guns from are the only ones that still have them...only now with free reign to abuse them.

You don't draw the line, because if you take guns like those from collectors, or maybe just serious shooters, then who is there to defend againsts these same people when they just smuggle it in from a different country.

If you take away those guns, someone will always be able to obtain them from somewhere else. It is better to just let everybody be able to obtain them for the self-dense of sane Americans.

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
I saw a very interesting video about self-defense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REG3-Wb5gM

Wolf the Widowmaker

Wolf the Widowmaker
  • Members
  • 783 posts
  • xfire:wolfthewidowmaker
  • Interests:FPS, RPG, retro games
QUOTE (st1dinoh @ Feb 24 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the other kids have rocks for throwing, of course you need to have some rocks for yourself just to defend yourself in case they start throwing them at you.

This is exactly why countries have nuclear weapons, because "all the other countries have them". Do you see my point? Remember, Jesus sez: "Turn the other cheek." We are all good Christians, are we not?

Offtopic: PS. My late congratulations to, st1d. Your birthday was yesterday, I read.

-Half-Life. Because zombies are better off dead.
-WTF has Half-Life got to do with Physics???
-You cannot kill the Free Man. (Well, you COULD kill him, but at least you couldn't zombify him. I hope.)

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
  • Interests:fireworks, weed,
QUOTE (Wolf the Widowmaker @ Feb 24 2007, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are all good Christians, are we not?

no we are not.

your point is well taken, but then again if the neighborhood kids find out you don't have rocks to throw back, or that you throw like a girl...they'll probably be more inclined to throw rocks at you.

my advice...find rocks and learn to throw them.

QUOTE (rightwingguy @ Feb 24 2007, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't draw the line, because if you take guns like those from collectors, or maybe just serious shooters, then who is there to defend againsts these same people when they just smuggle it in from a different country.

If you take away those guns, someone will always be able to obtain them from somewhere else. It is better to just let everybody be able to obtain them for the self-dense of sane Americans.

thats my whole point...glad we agree

ŦяѧŤя

ŦяѧŤя
  • Members
  • 194 posts
  • xfire:transitory
If guns are suspose to protect people, why does America have the highest murder rate ?

destroyer56

destroyer56
  • Members
  • 1,893 posts
QUOTE ( ŦяѧŤя @ Feb 27 2007, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If guns are suspose to protect people, why does America have the highest murder rate ?

Gangs, for the most part.
IPB Image

ya_ba

ya_ba

Best General Discushun Contributor | Also, do one!

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in a lot of things buuuuuuut I'm not gonna list them, k? k ;D
  • Gamer Army ID:2645
QUOTE (Hrugnir @ Feb 24 2007, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw a very interesting video about self-defense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REG3-Wb5gM

lol
Chill, bro...

Though I think that even for self defence - guns aren't the solution.
You could use so many other tools nowadays, to cause less harm - but still defend yourself.

Dude.
yael.png

Doctorworm32

Doctorworm32
  • Members
  • 922 posts
Ok ya_ba. Say I'm getting mugged. I pull out a pocket knife. Then what happens if he pulls out a gun.

Also, most of the robberies and killings aren't done with the assault rifles. You think some poor guy is gonna pay $1000 for an AR? How many times do you hear about the gangs using ARs and such? They use handguns mostly. So the "evil assault rifles" are not the problem.
IPB Image

ya_ba

ya_ba

Best General Discushun Contributor | Also, do one!

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in a lot of things buuuuuuut I'm not gonna list them, k? k ;D
  • Gamer Army ID:2645
QUOTE (Doctorworm32 @ Feb 27 2007, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok ya_ba. Say I'm getting mugged. I pull out a pocket knife. Then what happens if he pulls out a gun.

Also, most of the robberies and killings aren't done with the assault rifles. You think some poor guy is gonna pay $1000 for an AR? How many times do you hear about the gangs using ARs and such? They use handguns mostly. So the "evil assault rifles" are not the problem.

I didn't say a knife.
I actually meant something more like shockers.
Or pepper sprays!
Why hurt them, if you can neutralize them?

Dude.
yael.png

Doctorworm32

Doctorworm32
  • Members
  • 922 posts
Why hurt them, because they were going to hurt you!
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users