Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gun Control

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

destroyer56

destroyer56
  • Members
  • 1,893 posts
I was thinking of making this a poll, but decided not to because it would be less of a debate and more of a vote. So what do you all think of gun control? Should people be allowed to own guns? Should it be all taken away? Or maybe it should be allowed but limited? My opinion on this is that guns should always be legal, and every type of gun. If you remove guns, you are only removing it from law abiding citizens. And how many times have you seen people committing crimes with assault rifles? Very small amount of the time, and only by totally insane people. So... to sum it up AK FOURTY SEVENS FOR EEEVERYONE!!!
IPB Image

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (destroyer56 @ Feb 19 2007, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking of making this a poll, but decided not to because it would be less of a debate and more of a vote. So what do you all think of gun control? Should people be allowed to own guns? Should it be all taken away? Or maybe it should be allowed but limited? My opinion on this is that guns should always be legal, and every type of gun. If you remove guns, you are only removing it from law abiding citizens. And how many times have you seen people committing crimes with assault rifles? Very small amount of the time, and only by totally insane people. So... to sum it up AK FOURTY SEVENS FOR EEEVERYONE!!!

I think they should be legal, and the paperwork, background checks, and skill checking should go up according to what kind of gun you want... ex. you shouldn't be able to just go out and buy an M-16... also, there should be some guns that you can't own that are just for special war-time and military use...
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

destroyer56

destroyer56
  • Members
  • 1,893 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Feb 19 2007, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they should be legal, and the paperwork, background checks, and skill checking should go up according to what kind of gun you want... ex. you shouldn't be able to just go out and buy an M-16... also, there should be some guns that you can't own that are just for special war-time and military use...

I don't think M-16s should be the things that would be worried about. You don't see M16s being used in crimes every day. You see small cheap pistols. Maybe be careful about who you give small firearms to? I mean like if someone can buy an AR15 that costs 1000+, they don't need to rob banks...
IPB Image

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
I'm rather against guns. If someone really wants to kill them badly, let them find a knife and do it up close & personal. At least then they have to be there, doing it. Guns make it impersonal and easier to kill someone. You'd find a lot of the gun-killers are pussies & wouldn't be able to do it with a knife. The gun gives them power.
His name is Robert Paulson.
I get banned with a little help from my friends
QUOTE (Gillz @ Jan 26 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post
Last time I checked, you didn't have the right to tell me what to do?

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
Well, this is how I see it. If we outlaw guns, the "bad guys" can still get them off of the black market. If we allow slack sales of guns, we get columbine n00bs pulling stupid sh1t.

What I would like more than anything else in this issue would be for the government to slowly phase out guns over a 50 year period so that people would use swords again icon_sad.gif Maybe someday... if all the gov'ts did it...

Spencer

Spencer

Best NickName of 2006 as teh_raperer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
  • Interests:Basically like to play games, spend time on the computer browsing teh intratubes. IRL I like to play baseball and enjoy spending time with my pals, sounds swell don't it?
  • Gamer Army ID:1466
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Feb 19 2007, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't go out a buy a M-16 or an assault rifle. They are illegal. (in the U.S. anyway) Any form out automatic weapon is illegal to be exact. Better off that way anyway. What on Earth would you need a automatic weapon for anyway?

On the debate topic, I am for guns. Mainly because I'm a hunter and I'm used to using them quite often. I also see it necessary for law enforcement to have one too. The only way to cut down on the crap with guns it to only allow the guns out to people who can actually use them. I might be going out on a limb, but theres got to be some kind of answer. You also shouldn't have noobs finding their dad's 45 and bringing it to school either.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Heres a brief overview on the Australian Gun laws.

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2006/s1626185.htm

bacially the australian government (more specifically, Howard) has said "If you possess any guns of any kind, including military range and/or high powered, semi automatic weapons including shotguns and small calibre rifles, hand it in to the nearest police station, and we'll give you some money for it. no questions will be answered as to where and how you got the gun."

over 600 000 weapons were handed in, and since the introduction of this law, there had been dramatically less amount of murders and suicides involving guns.

heres some quotes concering who should own a gun-

BARNEY PORTER: Mr Howard says some people have a legitimate right to guns, including police, security personnel, farmers and sporting shooters.

But he draws the line every member of society being allowed to own one.

JOHN HOWARD: I think there is no inherent right of people to possess weapons in this country. I don't accept that.

i do agree with Jonny howard there. There is really no reason for any public persons to carry around a gun... but thats just my opinion.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
I really dont get the american obsession with guns. Gun control as far as I know isnt even discussed in most countries under politics.

I would say keeping it under strict control e.g. gun licences is the best way to do it. Oh an no automatic weapons for normal citizens.

h3r1n6

h3r1n6

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• Global Moderators
  • 1,770 posts
  • xfire:h3r1n6
  • Interests:Gaming<br />Sports
  • Steam ID:h3r1n6
Ok there are 3 things I can think of, you can do with guns/firearms/riffles whatever, everything that shoots.

1. Hunt
2. Defend your home/family/country
3. Kill people or at least scare them

Obviously number 1 is ok. I am not talking about hunting as a sport, I am talking about hunting as keeping the balance in a forest. Hunting as a sport is something that would need another discussion.

Number 2 may also be fine, but if there is a low crime rate, you would not need to defend your home with a gun. And peace is something you would prefer over war, but sometimes you do not have a choice (defending, when you are attacked).

Finally number 3 is the point that speeks against guns. Most guns are made for killing. They are used for robbery and other crimes.

I myself am against guns, except for point number 1, the other points are unnecessary.

ArmoredSandwich

ArmoredSandwich
  • Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • xfire:unseendevil
NO. Just no guns. Ive seen a national geographic thing once about crimes etc. USA has more deaths caused by firearms then any other nation/country. In numbers and relatively seen. And not just a few. More like 200% (i dont know the exact numbers anymore) more then anything else.

That alone should be enough proof. People will allways be able to get guns, but you shouldnt make them legal.

As illigal as they can get ---> icon_biggrin.gif

There must be some kind of way out of here...

The_Zooloo_Master

The_Zooloo_Master
  • Members
  • 912 posts
  • xfire:thezooloomaster
  • Interests:Entertainment,____, watching pure pwnage, pwning noobs, philosophy.
I'm personally against loose gun restrictions, because there will always be malicious people out there, with bad intentions. And even when there are no bad intentions, when a gun is too easily accessible, things can go wrong.
Over here, all men doing their military service get a personal hand gun, which they must keep with certain conditions. It is possible to buy other hand guns with certain kinds of permits, but here again the regulations are very strict.
"If I continue with this shit I'm going to end up in jail, in a hospital, or dead. Or all 3." -- Joby

ya_ba

ya_ba

Best General Discushun Contributor | Also, do one!

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in a lot of things buuuuuuut I'm not gonna list them, k? k ;D
  • Gamer Army ID:2645
I'm against gun, because I'm against weapons, because I am against war, because I am against the death of innocent people for unacceptable reasons.
But since I'm not a realistic person - I think that way.
When I burst my bubble for a while, I see that this will never change - needless to say that forbidding guns wouldn't change a thing.
Sure, giving a gun to a 5 year old would be a stupid idea, but you got my point, basically.

Dude.
yael.png

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
  • Interests:fireworks, weed,
QUOTE (teh_raperer @ Feb 20 2007, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can't go out a buy a M-16 or an assault rifle. They are illegal. (in the U.S. anyway) Any form out automatic weapon is illegal to be exact. Better off that way anyway. What on Earth would you need a automatic weapon for anyway?

On the debate topic, I am for guns. Mainly because I'm a hunter and I'm used to using them quite often. I also see it necessary for law enforcement to have one too. The only way to cut down on the crap with guns it to only allow the guns out to people who can actually use them. I might be going out on a limb, but theres got to be some kind of answer. You also shouldn't have noobs finding their dad's 45 and bringing it to school either.

you can go buy a .223 bushmaster rifle, then hop on the internet and buy the trigger kit to make it full auto.

i've got a nice bushmaster at home, no conversion kit, but with that kind of caliber/jacket round you don't need fully automatic
capabilities. you can send a round down range as fast as you can pull the trigger 30 times, then in about 3-5 seconds i can have the next clip loaded and ready.

will i ever need a gun that can fire 60 .223 rounds in under a minute with increadable accuracy...

probably not

but it's nice to be prepared.

as far as gun control goes as a few have mentioned you don't have a whole lot of options here...

unless someone finds a genie lamp and uses one of thier wishes to make all the guns dissapear then gun controll is simply going to increase crime.

by taking the guns away from the people who want them for self protection and hunting you are leaving the criminal element armed and unapposed. the other side to that coin is quite frankly national defense. if anyone ever tried a land invasion here in the USA it's not gonna go so well for them (Red Dawn FTW).

the bottom line is guns exist, they are everywhere, and there isn't much you can do about it. any politician trys to take away our guns and they'll wind up with a bullet to the head. it's part of our constitution and nobody is gonna let that go over night.

hence the dems constant assult on the 2nd amendment to gradually take away our right to bear arms, rather than all at once.

also there are many cities out there that have from one time or another made it a law that each citizen own a gun. no obviously they never enforce this law (no tickets are written) but just publicising the law makes criminals skip on down the road to the next town. by publicly announcing that every citizen in this town owns some form of firearm...it makes the crack heads think twice about sneaking into your home at night for that flat screen plasma.

again i think it'd be great if someone spent one of thier 3 wishes on abolishing all guns...but anything short of the instant and total dissapearence all of guns everywhere will just increases the likelyhood of crime and murder.

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
QUOTE (st1dinoh @ Feb 20 2007, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
will i ever need a gun that can fire 60 .223 rounds in under a minute with increadable accuracy...

http://www.purepwnage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49200
icon_razz.gif
His name is Robert Paulson.
I get banned with a little help from my friends
QUOTE (Gillz @ Jan 26 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post
Last time I checked, you didn't have the right to tell me what to do?

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (Sikotik @ Feb 20 2007, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nah...i was thinking more like this...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087985/

rightwingguy

rightwingguy
  • Members
  • 172 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:badgerpup
the bottom line is guns exist, they are everywhere, and there isn't much you can do about it. any politician trys to take away our guns and they'll wind up with a bullet to the head. it's part of our constitution and nobody is gonna let that go over night.

hence the dems constant assult on the 2nd amendment to gradually take away our right to bear arms, rather than all at once.

They won't take away our guns, because that will never happen. What they will most likely do is to just raise the price of ammo, which will result in a decrease of sale.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (rightwingguy @ Feb 20 2007, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They won't take away our guns, because that will never happen. What they will most likely do is to just raise the price of ammo, which will result in a decrease of sale.

that'll never happen either...

here's why.

there are pleanty of folks out there who mill and reload thier own ammo. even some that manufacture thier own propellants (black poweder and nitrocellulose) that would be able to fill the demand for black market ammo. the ATF would much rather there be a reliable source for safe trackable regulated ammunition.

without the aide of mass production of ammunition it would severly dampen thier ability to track the source of ammo used in crimes, and hinder thier ability to rely on that evidence in court.

what they are doing however is pushing for things like registration drives and legislation. what this does is set the stage for a house to house round up of registered firearms.

some say thats a great idea because it would decrease the number of firearms in this country

but of course thats absolutly retarded considering the only people who will register thier firearms are the non-criminals, at wich point only criminals and cops have guns.

this sets the stage for mass increases in gun related crime rates, and leaves the door wide open for a uncontrolable government dictatorship.

having guns is the ultimate form of checks and balances against government control. if they take to much, we take it back.

rightwingguy

rightwingguy
  • Members
  • 172 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:badgerpup
QUOTE (st1dinoh @ Feb 20 2007, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this sets the stage for mass increases in gun related crime rates, and leaves the door wide open for a uncontrolable government dictatorship.

having guns is the ultimate form of checks and balances against government control. if they take to much, we take it back.

heres a pic that relates to that

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (rightwingguy @ Feb 20 2007, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heres a pic that relates to that

lol...nice work

Spencer

Spencer

Best NickName of 2006 as teh_raperer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
  • Interests:Basically like to play games, spend time on the computer browsing teh intratubes. IRL I like to play baseball and enjoy spending time with my pals, sounds swell don't it?
  • Gamer Army ID:1466
you can go buy a .223 bushmaster rifle, then hop on the internet and buy the trigger kit to make it full auto.

i've got a nice bushmaster at home, no conversion kit, but with that kind of caliber/jacket round you don't need fully automatic
capabilities. you can send a round down range as fast as you can pull the trigger 30 times, then in about 3-5 seconds i can have the next clip loaded and ready.

probably not

but it's nice to be prepared.

Yeah, so as much as I like owning a gun, does that mean even the semi-autos are too dangerous? Getting that trigger kit is probably out the country though right? But this even comes down to pistols and shotguns. Anyone can pull that trigger fast with a pistol and out comes those seven shots or what ever. There's this guy who advertises for Benelli shotguns and the old coot throws five clay birds in the sky and shoots them all down with his pump action shotgun. Talk about insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibBgBhwafGM

That's the vid, skip to about 1:12 when he uses the pump, the beginning he uses the semi auto shot.

Here is some person who shoots 8 rounds in 7 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni61iGgJetE

Anyway, even if it isn't auto, it is still just as much as a threat as an auto.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users