Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My theory that Jeremy is actually evil and Doug is good

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Brendo

Brendo
  • Members
  • 5 posts
OK Guys, after watching all Pure Pwnage episodes i've notice something that might lead to that Jeremy is actually evil and Doug is good. The clues are there and seem to add up. The most weirdest thing about my theory is that all my clues are based on Street Fighter. Yes, that's right Street Fighter... Yeah i know, just hear me out:

The first reference we see of Street Fighter is during Episode 4 during the training montage where Jeremy pulls off a Shoryuken (the flying uppercut.) After that we don't see any more Street Fighter references until later on until Episode 8 where Doug and Jeremy are playing Street Fighter 3: Third Strike. Doug plays as Ryu and Jeremy plays as Ken.
Ryu and Ken are two very similar fighters, one major difference between the two is that Ryu has a stronger Hadouken (the fireball) while Ken has a stronger Shoryuken and we see clearly here that its the Shoryuken that knocks out Ryu (Dougs character.)

But how does make Jeremy evil and Doug good? Well in Episode 9 we see Dave and his evil rivals playing a game of Street Fighter 2 with Dave, who is the good guy here, playing as Ryu and the bad guy playing as Ken.
Thats not all, in Episode 11 we find out the one of the gamers who are set out to kill Jeremy in the Netherlands, Luuksk, trained figthing game champion Daigo to parry which is a reference to this clip here and who is Daigo playing as? Ken of course.

Yet another reference is the anime Street Fighter 2 movie where towards the end we see Ryu confront Ken who is brainwashed by M.Bison to be evil, maybe a connection that Jeremy is actually brainwashed by teh_masterer to be evil and Doug is actually helping him out.

Now even I admit that this theory is really insane and probably has no irrelevance, i just notice this as I'm a big Street Fighter fan. What's your thoughts on this?

Edit: After doing a little bit more research i found both Ken and Ryu were both trained in the art of ansatsuken by their mentor Gouken. Ansatsuken is also a martial art that is used by ninjas for assassination and we know who else likes to dress like a ninja...hmm. ermm.gif

Tom Fiend

Tom Fiend
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,692 posts
  • Steam ID:raven_xavier
  • Gamer Army ID:460
That...is quite interesting. I'd like to know if this was intentional...
Previously "Raven Xavier"

Skanky Yoda

Skanky Yoda

Best Nickname

• GA Private
  • 640 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:915
Brendo Bloody nice find! If you are member number 11k why 1 post? lol
But yeah very very nice find...!
Skanky
SBAG Survivor

Brendo

Brendo
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Yeah, I guess I'm a lurker. I just notice then that I've been signed here since Dec 2005 and never made a post. So I guess I'll make this as a thread to say Hi as well (even though this isnt the right section for introductions)

bonjordo

bonjordo
  • Members
  • 616 posts
Wow, a conspiracy theory about pp that was actually interesting to read. and well thought out. brendo you get 2 thumbs up from me.

hereyago

hereyago
  • Members
  • 196 posts
i don't think so dude...

jeremy is the main character

F!r3b!rd

F!r3b!rd
  • Members
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:Games, cars, movies, music and Pure Pwnage.
QUOTE (hereyago @ Feb 10 2007, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i don't think so dude...

Main characters can be evil, can't they? I don't see why not...
Nice find here, but I doubt it's true icon_wink.gif

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
It's just a theory, so it doesn't have to be taken as fact.

Danoli3

Danoli3

MotM Sept 2006 | teh_artchiverer | PP Lifetime Achievement Award

• GA Sergeant
  • 6,760 posts
  • xfire:Danoli3
  • Interests:Natalie, Pure Pwnage, Games, Programming, Animation, Music, Movies
  • Steam ID:Danoli3
  • Xbox / GFWL:Danolium
  • Wii:1622774217920323
  • Gamer Army ID:9
  • Company:Pi
Supurb theory! Never heard anything like it before

10/10 for originallity icon_biggrin.gif + with evidence icon_biggrin.gif!

--

I hope this is not the case but very interesting.

Ph0biA

Ph0biA
  • GA Lieutenant
  • 1,490 posts
  • xfire:iamphobia
  • Steam ID:Ph0biA
  • Xbox / GFWL:PPGA Ph0biA
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:178
  • Company:Golf
QUOTE (Danoli3 @ Feb 10 2007, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Supurb theory! Never heard anything like it before

10/10 for originallity icon_biggrin.gif + with evidence icon_biggrin.gif!

--

I hope this is not the case but very interesting.

Pretty much exactly what Danoli3 said. Nice job on research. I don't believe this is the case, but still. Very nice.

#CaMer0n

#CaMer0n

GA Corporal

• Banned
  • 5,279 posts
  • xfire:Bag
  • Interests:skating
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dip
  • PSN:Tea
  • Wii:Lift
  • Gamer Army ID:214
maybe they just preferr different characters tbh

speed e win

speed e win
  • Banned
  • 1,138 posts
  • xfire:speedewin
QUOTE (hereyago @ Feb 10 2007, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i don't think so dude...

Hey man, this isn't hollywood. They can do whatever the hell they want to with their characters icon_wink.gif

Now, this theory is actually quite interesting. I was thinking this same way a little while back, but never really thought about it because of my lack of street fighter knowledge and the fact that Jeremy is always the one being attacked and not the other way around.

But I don't know, I guess it's something we have to wait until season 2 to find out.
............//).. ..........(\`\
............/....//. .............\\....\
.........../....//.. ..............\\.... \
.....//..../\... ......../`\....\`\
.././.../..../..../. |_......_|.\....\... .\...\.\..
(.(....(....(..../.) ..)..(..(.\....).... )....).)
.\................\/ .../....\...\/...... ........../
..\................. /........\.......... ......../
....\..............( ............)....... ......./

THE UPRISING

userpjx

userpjx

MotM June '07 | teh_watcherer

• GA Corporal
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:I develop games at home.
  • Steam ID:petejohnwilson
  • PSN:userpjx
  • Gamer Army ID:122
First off welcome to the forums I guess. Second, your theory is pretty well constructed. I agree with your logic although I'm not sure this was intentional, but given that it does seem like the kind of thing they would do.

The only problem I have is: Prior to episode 12 I was pretty sure teh_masterer was evil and that he was corrupting Jeremy. But after seeing the Big Bad I just can't believe he is a good guy. Just look at him! How can that be good. He's just so evil. So now I pretty much don't know what to think... maybe all gamers are evil and the FBI are the only good guys. When I say all gamers I really mean just teh_masterer and the Big Bad (and his cronies).

George Kovacs ftw

Spyke01

Spyke01
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • xfire:spyke01
Maybe you have just unravelled the entire of season two's plot!! Now Jarret and Geoff are gonna have to write a whole new storyline!!!!

Spencer

Spencer

Best NickName of 2006 as teh_raperer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
  • Interests:Basically like to play games, spend time on the computer browsing teh intratubes. IRL I like to play baseball and enjoy spending time with my pals, sounds swell don't it?
  • Gamer Army ID:1466
Hmm that was interesting, good to hear something different for once. Good theory!

Nguman

Nguman
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts
  • xfire:nguman
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pretty Cool
  • PSN:Pretty AWESOME.
  • Wii:Pretty Nice
It could be a plot twist, where the Masterer is EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL so he trains Jeremy in the ways of the dark side of the micro (star wars like show) So Brendo brings an excellent point up.

IW4

IW4

MotM Sept '07 | Fried ice cream is a reality!

• GA Major General
  • 1,722 posts
  • xfire:IW4
  • Steam ID:IW4
  • Xbox / GFWL:IW4
  • Gamer Army ID:42
The quote still applies: "there is no right or wrong; there is only fun and boring."

In my defence, Bangkok is one of the few places on earth where a person can have sex by accident.
"I have a forest of little yellow-headed dicks on my desk." —KragNaroK

Batjutsu

Batjutsu
  • GA Private
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, RPG, Game Design, Wargamming & Painting
  • Gamer Army ID:504
Ken SF2 anime Buffalo, or whatever you name is! icon_wink.gif

Great bit of theorising.
I would say that for me the evidence does not remotely imply that Jeremy is evil. In fact in the SF2 animated movie Ryu is not evil, however I see what you are getting at in that maybe Jeremy is being manipulated and that it could all be the opposite of what we assume, teh_masterer being evil. In the movie Street Fighter Alpha Ryu is tempted to abuse his powers, and does kind of lose it a bit that sort of links Jeremy to evil. Although Chun Li is more of the main sidekick that helps out, so that would make Anastasia the heroine icon_wink.gif Chun Li is a goddess, erm back on topic.
Hmm, taking in to account teh_masterer sending Jeremy to Holland without giving him a clue of what he was getting in to could be seen as being manipulative and evil.
Personally I like the link in that teh_masterer is not evil, that Doug is brainwashed, like Ken was in SF2 animated. All the SF links and their training under the same master, plus knowing each other from a young age is brilliant.

In short cheers for the theory icon_smile.gif icon_lol.gif

m30wc0w

m30wc0w
  • Members
  • 1,548 posts
  • xfire:m30wc0w
  • Interests:FERRET
Niice man, nice.

Negative Creep

Negative Creep
  • Members
  • 966 posts
  • Interests:I like video games lol. oh and pp.
  • PSN:KMx150
Very intresting theory. I can't remember much about SF, but in SF2 Ken isn't evil is he?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users