Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Guild Wars Thread

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
Talk about your favorite expansion, favorite builds, and favorite classes in this thread.

Personally I think Prophecies (the original) is the best out of them all, but they're all good. icon_smile.gif

There's a lot of GW threads going around, maybe we can reduce it to just this single thread if possible.

hereyago

hereyago
  • Members
  • 196 posts
is guild wars worth buying?

TWINTURBOSkyline

TWINTURBOSkyline
  • GA Private
  • 2,219 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3320
  • Company:Omicron
QUOTE (hereyago @ Feb 3 2007, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If your a real graphics whore, yes.

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 a direct port of the console version?
Infinity Ward: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Jahkaivah

Jahkaivah
  • Members
  • 1,157 posts
  • xfire:Jahkaivah
QUOTE (TWINTURBOSkyline @ Feb 3 2007, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If your a real graphics whore, yes.

Wait... What? What part of playing Guild Wars makes you a graphics whore? The game's specs aren't even that high.....
99% of the people who use the word "Noob", don't deserve to....

-=Blue Fire=-

-=Blue Fire=-
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • xfire:bluefire666
people just say they like guild wars better because it has better graphics and what not and in reality they are just to cheap and ignorant to buy WoW

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
QUOTE (hereyago @ Feb 3 2007, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's a fun game. id buy it if i were you, the graphics are good, the gameplay is original (IMO), and the community is pretty nice.

Jahkaivah

Jahkaivah
  • Members
  • 1,157 posts
  • xfire:Jahkaivah
QUOTE (-=Blue Fire=- @ Feb 3 2007, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
people just say they like guild wars better because it has better graphics and what not and in reality they are just to cheap and ignorant to buy WoW

Why? Because everyone playing Guild Wars should really be playing a game where stats is directly increased by playing time instead of playing style and the combat systems is so straight foward you know precisely what to expect from a playing just be looking at his class?

While im let to give BC a try, it sounds to me that Ironically WoW's Core PvP rewards system will be entirely inspired by Guild Wars, I even suspect the areas in which Guild Wars superseeds WoW will become even more apparent when multiple design pitholes appear in the arena match ups that GW completly avoided.
99% of the people who use the word "Noob", don't deserve to....

-=Blue Fire=-

-=Blue Fire=-
  • Members
  • 89 posts
QUOTE (Jahkaivah @ Feb 3 2007, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why? Because everyone playing Guild Wars should really be playing a game where stats is directly increased by playing time instead of playing time and the combat systems is so straight foward you know precisely what to expect from a playing just be looking at his class?

While im let to give BC a try, it sounds to me that Ironically WoW's Core PvP rewards system will be entirely inspired by Guild Wars, I even suspect the areas in which Guild Wars superseeds WoW will become even more apparent when multiple design pitholes appear in the arena match ups that GW completly avoided.

dude my eyes rolled into my head like 4 times..

bts.Silence

bts.Silence
  • Members
  • 518 posts
  • xfire:btssilence
QUOTE (-=Blue Fire=- @ Feb 3 2007, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Imagine that, some people prefer to play a game that doesn't require a monthly subscription. I enjoy Guild Wars because it can be played casually, you don't have to put up with being ganked, corpse camped, having drops ninja'd, competing with other groups for mobs, standing in line for hours on end just to get in an instance, etc. I also enjoy it because the PvP system requires so much thought, you can't win a battle simply based on the fact that your armor and weapons are better than someone else's. Also, next time you want to flame someone based on their choice of game, don't. Nobody wants to hear it, and it gets you reported.

-=Blue Fire=-

-=Blue Fire=-
  • Members
  • 89 posts
you GW guyz get offended so easily u just gotta like chill ^^ but ye i used to play GW i played for like a month got to like lvl 17 and got really bored and stoped and then kept buying games and getting bored it was a waste of money i played wow for like 6 months got epiced out and had upwards of 1100 hours played but in the end it saved me money kuz thats all i played i didn't waste money on a bunch of games i didn't play so ye lol imo wow is worth the money and i know you guys are gonna say oooo well u weren't lvl 20 you don't know half the game or w/e but i had friends who were lvl 20 and they play wow now and think its better icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

amorpheous

amorpheous

The old-timer that just can't stay away.

• Retired Staff
  • 2,466 posts
  • xfire:amorpheous
  • Gamer Army ID:18
you GW guyz get offended so easily u just gotta like chill ^^

The same could be said for WoW players...

There's a separate sub-forum for WoW players. Go praise its merits there. This is a Guild wars thread. Keep it that way. There will be no further bashing of people's choice of games in this thread (or anywhere else for that matter) otherwise warnings will be handed out. smile.gif
(Fasc was here)
n00bschool Lesson #1 || n00bschool Lesson #2
Posting and you. || FAQ
QUOTE (EEDOK @ Apr 20 2007, 06:06 PM)
Also you are not your user id or your join date, you are not your post count, you are not your internet connection or your pc. Now start acting like it.

<+masslac> lol you fucking batshit insane bastard
< Femme> YOu know what I loved in avp?
< Femme> The fucking flying vagina alien thigns

bl1Nk

bl1Nk
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • xfire:kn1ght2550
away from all of the pointless arguing...

IMO, Prophecies>NF>Factions in overall story and gameplay

Again IMO, Factions>NF>Prophecies in PvP (mainly due to AB in Factions)

Although Dervishes pwn...

ttoz

ttoz
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Hey i play GW and i think it is a fun game and yes lots of noobs do play it just cuz they dont want to play WoW and pay for it THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on there are as many if not more noobs in WoW than GW. so i think more people should play just cuz it is good and YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY!!!!!!!!!!! pp_smiley14.gif

exterminator321

exterminator321
  • Members
  • 1,214 posts
  • xfire:exterminator321
QUOTE (hereyago @ Feb 3 2007, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah it is quite fun.

I went with monk/necro, lol my character is an oxymoron, anyways could monk/necro work well in pvp?
IPB Image

Ak-Sniper

Ak-Sniper
  • Members
  • 977 posts
  • xfire:aksnip3r
You guys hear about guild wars 2? SOunds crazzy since they are either going to go with a high lvl cap or no lvl cap not sure how thats going to work out but the developers say its not going to be grind based and still based on skill then level.

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
i dont think im going to buy guild wars 2. ill jsut have to see how it ends up later on icon_smile.gif

Ak-Sniper

Ak-Sniper
  • Members
  • 977 posts
QUOTE (Eogris @ Apr 8 2007, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont think im going to buy guild wars 2. ill jsut have to see how it ends up later on icon_smile.gif

Yeah thats what I thought when I heard the whole level cap idea hopefully its much better then what it sounds like on paper and dosn't ruin the game.

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
Well i got Nightfall...and i dont like it one bit, i did'nt realise it was so much like an RPG theres little interaction with other people WoW is better imo if your looking for an MMO, if your looking for an MMO i dont think Guild Wars is a good idea.

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
QUOTE (Defiled @ Apr 9 2007, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well i got Nightfall...and i dont like it one bit, i did'nt realise it was so much like an RPG theres little interaction with other people WoW is better imo if your looking for an MMO, if your looking for an MMO i dont think Guild Wars is a good idea.

this is true

i like to call gw an mmo but i guess its not, its more of just an online rpg similar to D2. (where the citys are chat channels)

Ak-Sniper

Ak-Sniper
  • Members
  • 977 posts
Guild wars does remind me of diablo even though the 2 games look way diffrent. But the hole thing with identifying items and stuff. Well I guesse Arena net was founded by blizzared employ's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users