Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Pokémon thread

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

JJC

JJC
  • Members
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:Gaming... duh
Not true icon_razz.gif

You still get the same Effort Values (EVs) when you battle as when they evolve, which gets you the same result at end game (lvl 100) as if you were to evolve them asap, only you know all (if not more) moves earlier on which helps in getting EV's. Which is also a reason not to use the rare candy cheat.

-Reaver-

-Reaver-
  • Members
  • 3,265 posts
  • xfire:omgreaveristaken
  • Steam ID:reaver117
In-trestin' HQ. Well, for me, it's stats first, moves next, it's balanced for you to evolve them.

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
The new Diamond/Pearl versions of the game look so cool. Online Wi-Fi trading and dueling, 2v2 battles and imba graphics. Pwnage tbh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Diamond_and_Pearl

-Reaver-

-Reaver-
  • Members
  • 3,265 posts
QUOTE (Hrugnir @ Aug 31 2006, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The new Diamond/Pearl versions of the game look so cool. Online Wi-Fi trading and dueling, 2v2 battles and imba graphics. Pwnage tbh.

No wonder people have a fan club for you. <3

m30wc0w

m30wc0w
  • Members
  • 1,548 posts
  • xfire:m30wc0w
  • Interests:FERRET
QUOTE (Hrugnir @ Aug 31 2006, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O M G /pwn!

MuleLegend

MuleLegend
  • Members
  • 40 posts
  • xfire:jgrandmasterk
  • Interests:MapleStory, Waterpolo , &amp; Women
lol dude i completely beat red version i got all 151 pokemon, no hax

i traded a whole bunch i got mew and all the other characters too

AT Jive

AT Jive
  • Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • xfire:atjive
o wow i remeber when my dads friend went to japan he brought me back pokemon green in asain omfg game was pwnage! but it was sad cuz i new everyword every1 was saying from playin red and blue like 24/7...

Sadboi

Sadboi
  • Members
  • 40 posts
yay Pokemon!
a good part is

alll legendary birds
mewto
pikachu
and the last evolution of the first pokemon that you picked
Emoequality Emo Equality!
Emos need not be opressed. Stop Emo Opression!

Drunken_Hippo

Drunken_Hippo
  • Banned
  • 494 posts
  • Location:Toronto, Ontario, closer to PP than you, I know youre jelous like hell
  • Interests:masturbatin'<br />masturbatin'<br />more masturbatin'
Pokemon is kinda fun, but the turn based attack system sucks (you attack, they attack, you attack, they attack) and theres no skill to it, just keep selecting your most powerful attack and you will (hopefully) win.
IPB Image

-Reaver-

-Reaver-
  • Members
  • 3,265 posts
Lol, you fail. You think that's all their is to it?

The stats give so much element to the battle. You have to know every Pokemon, and how to strike them hardest. Example: A pokemon with high defense, but low special defense. You would use a special attack. Or you can use Agility or String Shot to gain the first attack advantage. Or blind them with Sand-Attack, and then increase your stats, or put them to sleep, confuse them, whatever. It's not just BLIZZARD THUNDER FIREBLAST HYDRO PUMP.

EDIT: 1,300 posts! =D

Conradus

Conradus
  • Members
  • 317 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, pwning, hockey, and some more pwning...
I used to play it, some time ago, I think 2 years. I played much laess 1 year ago, and I stopped 10 months ago, because I got the psp that time ^^.
Life is unfair, death is inevitable, but memories will always stay.
Without the bad there isn't any good, Heaven doesn't exist.
World peace is impossible, but taking lives isn't an alternative.

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
  • xfire:kmjnhb
  • Interests:games, world history, mythology, religion and culture, anime, food.
  • Steam ID:Hallvardgn
  • Xbox / GFWL:BEER4Hallvard
When D/P comes out, I'm buying a DS icon_smile.gif Dam I want one of those games!

snipingranger

snipingranger
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • xfire:Snipingranger
I lost my gameboy color icon_sad.gif

<D: <=== whos that?

-Reaver-

-Reaver-
  • Members
  • 3,265 posts
QUOTE (snipingranger @ Sep 4 2006, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I lost my gameboy color icon_sad.gif
<D: <=== whos that?

The moderator, Amorpheous.

loopy

loopy
  • GA Corporal
  • 483 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Music (listening not playing, unfortunately), Reading, Stuff
  • Gamer Army ID:119
I haven't played a pokemon game in years but back in Pokemon Blue my level 67 Jolteon beat the entire Elite Four and Gary by himself. I was quite pleased with that.

His moves were:

Double Kick
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Pin Missile

(The fact that I can remember this proves how much of an effect these things have on a forming mind, I was in Primary School when that happened).

Akimoto°

Akimoto°
  • GA Private
  • 94 posts
  • xfire:akimotokun
  • Gamer Army ID:848
Hmm..
*cleans dust of the gameboy*
*starts it - waiting... continues*
*checks party*

"Mew 100"
"Mew 100"
"Mew 98"
"Mew 100"
"Mewtwo 100"
"Mewtwo 87"

Hmm... ahh, i remember for some years ago, i got the mew from some kind of event (IRL) and i was ''cheating'' to get 6 mews. (i got 6 mew's hehe) I remebering playing over ...5XX hours of pwnage.

*sigh* that was good times... stopped playing alot of years ago. (the special thing with mew is that he can learn -ANY- moves/skill/abilities/magic or whatever its called)

One problem is that he -is- weaker than mewtwo unless you know how to build his abilities and lvls.

ah, i also got all 151.

KuR0s3N

KuR0s3N
  • Members
  • 232 posts
Haha... i recently started playing this again... the original that is (blue)... ill probably get diamond once its out, but i never really cared for the massive amounts they put in afterwords... 150 is a much more epic number than 380 (or w/e)...

anyways, my party usually always ended up like:

Vaporeon (this little bitch own, end of discussion)
Dragonite
Gyarados
Raichu/Jolteon
Hitmonchan
Venomoth (or some other psychic one)

Usually i'd switch some out for others, which were usually

Venusaur
Blastois
Charizard
Cloyster
Kingler
Gengar
Articuno (icebird ftw), tho i usually didnt enjoy using the legendary ones

lacynko

lacynko
  • Members
  • 18 posts
Hi all [first post; it's polite to say hi]

last year [2k6] i played Leaf Green quite a lot [at least 120 hours]... also traded a bit...

I don't usually focus on training extremely strong pokemon, i rather train more species, collect them... [got about 250 now...] However i can't get my hands on kinds like mew, celebi and so on...

So my last party featured
charizard
snorlax // i played many other versions of pokemon, and this one was always my favourite...
tyranitar
gengar
raichu
dragonite

all on levels 70-80;
then [on same levels] e.g. scizor, steelix, arbok, crobat, blastoise, magnemite -> trained all these myself, no trading...

i didn't like the newest versions so much - sure emerald or ruby or sapphire were gr8, but the stench of commerce was so palpable...

but this discussion made me wanna play the new ones... if i buy nintendo DS, will i be able to run all like Yellow, gold, emerald, and the newest ones?

i also played Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team for a few whiles [read: hours icon_smile.gif ] -> a 'bit' different, but quite good, too... icon_smile.gif

Poffeman

Poffeman
  • Members
  • 496 posts
  • xfire:poffemanxfire
  • Interests:Gaming
  • Wii:19cm long
I used to play Pokemon, red and yellow. Then I got Gold I think. But t'was a long time ago So I don't remember too much.. Might get an Emulator, dunno though.

QUOTE (-Reaver- @ Apr 17 2006, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used to have this ownage Rare-candied party. Here goes...

Mew (used the Mew glitch)

How?
yadayadayada

The_fury

The_fury
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • xfire:Caza98
I don't know what it is with pokemon, but if someone asks me about it i'll say "pokemon is just for little kids", but everytime they bring out a new one, i end up buying it. I think its due to the massive lifespan of these games...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users