Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Abortion

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Pawnator @ Feb 13 2007, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But we kill life that's less developed than embryos all the time, so what's to protect this embryo? Just because it has human DNA? Some viruses have human DNA fragments too.
What did you mean by that?

Ooooopsies... I meant not sentient...

The difference is that one is human life and the others are not...
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Feb 13 2007, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooooopsies... I meant not sentient...

The difference is that one is human life and the others are not...

But at that point in development, the life is only technically human.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Pawnator @ Feb 13 2007, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But at that point in development, the life is only technically human.

the LIFE is only technically HUMAN...
Give me LoL Referals.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Feb 13 2007, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the LIFE is only technically HUMAN...

The life IS only TECHNICALLY human. Please don't make posts like that. Remember; a crap post begets a crap post.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Pawnator @ Feb 14 2007, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The life IS only TECHNICALLY human. Please don't make posts like that. Remember; a crap post begets a crap post.

it's not really a crap post, you're arguing that abortion isn't wrong and you just acknowledged that the thing you're killing is a human life. not something that has the potential to be a human life, a human life.
Give me LoL Referals.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Feb 14 2007, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's not really a crap post, you're arguing that abortion isn't wrong and you just acknowledged that the thing you're killing is a human life. not something that has the potential to be a human life, a human life.

And I'm arguing that it's not a complete human life, and because it's about as advanced as a tadpole, it should be treated as such. You kill your skin cells when you scratch your ass all the time, that's human life. What about that? It's got human DNA, just like a fetus. It's not sentient, just like a fetus.

Afterburner

Afterburner

Amatuer Fighter

• Members
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:My name is Joe Atash and I am active in MMA, Mixed Martial Arts. I try to log on whenever I can to help moderate but it gets a bit harder now n days. <br /><br /> Family, my well being, God, and the world you live in as well as the people who live in it. Thats all I really need concern myself with. Keep easy guys.<br /><br />Burner's got Myspace? http://www.myspace.com/29600859<br />
QUOTE (Pawnator @ Feb 14 2007, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I'm arguing that it's not a complete human life, and because it's about as advanced as a tadpole, it should be treated as such. You kill your skin cells when you scratch your ass all the time, that's human life. What about that? It's got human DNA, just like a fetus. It's not sentient, just like a fetus.

Because a tadpole has the potential to grow into a frog we treat it as such. Because an egg has the potential to become a eggmcmuffin we treat it as such. If a human fetus, or even a lower stage has the potential to become a fully grown human we should treat it as such.

Theres no "what if's" on this. Because someone isn't at the infant stage doesn't mean we have the right to eliminate that life.

And as for the "ass scratching" analogy...its actually dead skin cells that you're "killing", so try not to put too much faith into that reference.
MMA, Live it. Steve Irwin Forever.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (Afterburner @ Feb 14 2007, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because a tadpole has the potential to grow into a frog we treat it as such. Because an egg has the potential to become a eggmcmuffin we treat it as such. If a human fetus, or even a lower stage has the potential to become a fully grown human we should treat it as such.

Theres no "what if's" on this. Because someone isn't at the infant stage doesn't mean we have the right to eliminate that life.

And as for the "ass scratching" analogy...its actually dead skin cells that you're "killing", so try not to put too much faith into that reference.

It is statistically impossible for not one living skin cell to die after an ass-scratching even though it's below the first layer of dead skin cells.

Anyway, I disagree with the potential for life arguement.

My idea to keep abortial legal but illegalize abortion clinics remains unchallenged.

Afterburner

Afterburner

Amatuer Fighter

• Members
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:My name is Joe Atash and I am active in MMA, Mixed Martial Arts. I try to log on whenever I can to help moderate but it gets a bit harder now n days. <br /><br /> Family, my well being, God, and the world you live in as well as the people who live in it. Thats all I really need concern myself with. Keep easy guys.<br /><br />Burner's got Myspace? http://www.myspace.com/29600859<br />
I think you have living organism and living tissue mixed up a bit. Put a piece of living tissue, give it vitamins, minerals, heat, warmth, and a genetic make up and it is still just living tissue. We're not talking about that...we're talking about something that has the ability to become a walking, talking, shoe - tieing boy or girl.
MMA, Live it. Steve Irwin Forever.

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
QUOTE (Pawnator @ Feb 14 2007, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My idea to keep abortial legal but illegalize abortion clinics remains unchallenged.

Fine, I'll challenge with a big ol' WTF? How would that work, saying it is legal to stick a wire hanger up there?
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
QUOTE (MCClammer @ Feb 14 2007, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fine, I'll challenge with a big ol' WTF? How would that work, saying it is legal to stick a wire hanger up there?

No, just make abortion legal, make the clinics illegal and just leave it. It will work itself out. Wire hangers don't feel to nice, do they?

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
QUOTE (Pawnator @ Feb 14 2007, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, just make abortion legal, make the clinics illegal and just leave it. It will work itself out. Wire hangers don't feel to nice, do they?

That might be the most boldly stated plan that will not work, ever. It is ridiculous to think that the US gov would allow something to be legal that is health related but not regulate it. Any way they could change the name of clinics, but then clinics would be sued saying that it was a clinic, no offense, that plan fails hard.
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
QUOTE (Afterburner @ Feb 14 2007, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If a human fetus, or even a lower stage has the potential to become a fully grown human we should treat it as such.

So it's ok to kill children with mental disabilities, cuz they aren't fully grown (mentally) humans.
His name is Robert Paulson.
I get banned with a little help from my friends
QUOTE (Gillz @ Jan 26 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post
Last time I checked, you didn't have the right to tell me what to do?

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
QUOTE (Sikotik @ Feb 16 2007, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it's ok to kill children with mental disabilities, cuz they aren't fully grown (mentally) humans.

Why stop there? Let's kill anyone below the age of 25, we all know that our body isn't fully grown until about then!

*goes out and kills some non-developed 10-year olds*

The_Zooloo_Master

The_Zooloo_Master
  • Members
  • 912 posts
  • xfire:thezooloomaster
  • Interests:Entertainment,____, watching pure pwnage, pwning noobs, philosophy.
Oh noes, the forum's population has suddenly decreased by 98%!!! D:
"If I continue with this shit I'm going to end up in jail, in a hospital, or dead. Or all 3." -- Joby

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
Abortion isn't killing babies, if you want to kill a baby go to a nursery. A fetus is not sentient, and it's DNA isn't relevant.

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
QUOTE (Hrugnir @ Feb 16 2007, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why stop there? Let's kill anyone below the age of 25, we all know that our body isn't fully grown until about then!

*goes out and kills some non-developed 10-year olds*

Arguing semantics is silly, you know exactly what he did mean, but twisted the words so you could get that statement. He probably means something that isn't a fetus in the womb.

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
QUOTE (MCClammer @ Feb 17 2007, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Arguing semantics is silly, you know exactly what he did mean, but twisted the words so you could get that statement. He probably means something that isn't a fetus in the womb.

So... we shouldn't abort hotdogs that get stuck up there? o.O

NOSRLSLYTHO
He really should have worded it better. =\
His name is Robert Paulson.
I get banned with a little help from my friends
QUOTE (Gillz @ Jan 26 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post
Last time I checked, you didn't have the right to tell me what to do?

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
I was actually kind of quoting Afterburner, while using Sikotik's post to continue from...

To be honest, I was arguing against this idea that just because something isn't fully grown, it can be killed.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Hrugnir @ Feb 17 2007, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was actually kind of quoting Afterburner, while using Sikotik's post to continue from...

To be honest, I was arguing against this idea that just because something isn't fully grown, it can be killed.

I understood what you meant icon_biggrin.gif... I'm special icon_smile.gif...

but anyway, the argument that whether or not something is sentient or not shouldn't even matter... from the moment of conception the embryo is alive, not something with potential to be alive, it is alive PERIOD. It is alive, and it is human, that makes it... A HUMAN LIFE!!!! omfg...
Give me LoL Referals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users