Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Photoshop Weekly Challenges (poll added)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one has your vote? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

1. 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 3 (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

4. 4 (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

5. 5 (4 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Darker Fade

Darker Fade
  • Members
  • 402 posts
  • Interests:Games
Greetings photoshopers & pic editors across the world.

Welcome to the Purepwnage Photoshop challenge thread. There are members across the world, who visit these forums, and have excellent skills in photoshop. This thread was designed to challenge anyone willing, to create, re-create, edit, or convert images into works of art.

The goal is simple, take the base image given each week, and submit your edits to compare with others. Each week, starting Mondays, a base image will be given. On Friday, we can post who's edit job was the best in quality, theme, and creativity.

There needs to be some basic rules in place, there are sticky threads through out the forums that state pic sizes allowed on the forums, so lets keep that code of conduct. The sizes of images must be no bigger than 800 pixels wide. Make sure your edits are clean, no profanity or nudity in any way shape or form. Do not spam this thread, its meant for those who have skill with image editing, and not for childish comments. Other than these basic guidlines, you can use your imagination to edit any of the weekly base images, and competatively pwn others.

If you need refernce to forum rules, Click Here

Also note that the title to this thread is "Photoshop" related, but to help keep the competition fresh and diverse, you are allowed to use ANY image editing program you're comfortable with.

I hope you enjoy the challenge, and hopefully enjoy the competition and overall skill shown in this thread.

Thanks in advance for all the participants, and new-comers are always welcome.

This message was brought to you by the letters: D R & the number: 2

Blaquerose wins the first round.
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5021/hi...nagenda17tb.jpg

Darker Fade

Darker Fade
  • Members
  • 402 posts
The first official challenge begins:

bonus requests: blood, plasma, element of choice (fire, lightening, etc...) or other effects. A special bonus to recreating the image as something "unexpected" (ei: humanoid embryo, angel tears, etc...)

Enjoy, and have fun.

Silver

Silver
  • Banned
  • 2,147 posts
  • xfire:uberkoss
Thats a tough one...

done a very basic one, will do a better one when i get back onto the desktop pc.

If EA was a parent, social services would have arrested it.
Luuksk: anyone allergic to birds?

Verrückter

Verrückter

Satanic Birthday Boy

• Retired Staff
  • 7,606 posts
  • Interests:Games!

Here is mine... I hope it's good enough.

*Sees Skrie*

*Runs*
"Something tremendously powerful was lost when composers moved away from tonal harmony and regular pulses... Among other things the audience was lost" -John Adams

skam98

skam98
  • Members
  • 8 posts

and

also

icon_biggrin.gif
That's all I have for now. I'll work on some more later...

Rod

Rod

I love post count implants.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,529 posts
Hey darker fade, I can use my forums to have the poll if you want. Every sunday I could take all edits and post them in a poll setting, so we can get some official voting. If thats ok with you?

Verrückter

Verrückter

Satanic Birthday Boy

• Retired Staff
  • 7,606 posts
QUOTE (skam98)
icon_biggrin.gif
That's all I have for now. I'll work on some more later...

It's not the "make the most images using filters" contest. Post only one entry, and a good one. Anyone can make those using filters. No offence but they're not very good. I'm pretty sure you can do better.
"Something tremendously powerful was lost when composers moved away from tonal harmony and regular pulses... Among other things the audience was lost" -John Adams

Darker Fade

Darker Fade
  • Members
  • 402 posts
QUOTE (Rod)
Hey darker fade, I can use my forums to have the poll if you want. Every sunday I could take all edits and post them in a poll setting, so we can get some official voting. If thats ok with you?

I think using those forums wouldn't be a bad idea, but make sure to only post the images on Fridays. Also have the votes last till sunday night, that way the votes can take place all weekend for those who missed on Fridays.

Thanks for the extra help Rod, much appreciated.

Darker Fade

Darker Fade
  • Members
  • 402 posts
Here's my Image Edit for this week

I call it "Gasoline"

This was my 5th time ever messing around in photoshop... I'm hoping to get better :roll:

skam98

skam98
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Sorry to have posted more than one of my ideas at a time. I would have just posted the secone one. Also you should talk, you just took the same image and added some text and some other graphics. How hard is it to cut and paste? I inverted the image, adusted the curves, flipped the same image vertical on itself and some various other steps. Added 2 filters, plastic wrap and lense flare, to make it nice. Maybe If I wrote "Super Nova" across it you would approve? No?

Anyway, not start a flame but my photo was abstract, I did not know the rule was make something someone else can identify as "cool".

Rod

Rod

I love post count implants.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,529 posts
skam, we are going to have a poll on these, so if you want to post a bunch atleast pick one to be in the poll.

Mine :/ (iv got to go to work right now but im going to clean it up more later)

skam98

skam98
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Sounds good to me, the "Super Nova" pic will be my entry. That is if it meets the standards of other members. :roll:

Darker Fade

Darker Fade
  • Members
  • 402 posts
I'd like to see more edits, more often, so please keep comments to yourself and then post comments on Fridays instead. That way people can get constructive criticism with comparisons to other image edits, and explain their pics overall for theme and ideas.

Keep the pics coming, the more edits the better

Verrückter

Verrückter

Satanic Birthday Boy

• Retired Staff
  • 7,606 posts
QUOTE (skam98)
Sorry to have posted more than one of my ideas at a time. I would have just posted the secone one. Also you should talk, you just took the same image and added some text and some other graphics. How hard is it to cut and paste? I inverted the image, adusted the curves, flipped the same image vertical on itself and some various other steps. Added 2  filters, plastic wrap and lense flare,  to make it nice. Maybe If I wrote "Super Nova" across it you would approve? No?
Anyway, not start a flame but my photo was abstract, I did not know the rule was make something someone else can identify as "cool".

What I meant was that you could of done something that could have a deeper meaning, unstead of just playing with filters. Anyways, may the best win!

EDIT: Well, I hope it's not too late to modify my entry.

Darker Fade

Darker Fade
  • Members
  • 402 posts
Modifications to entries are 100% lagit. Essentially you can post more than one pic, but in the end you'll have to chose only 1 for voting on.

skam98

skam98
  • Members
  • 8 posts
another one...

Darker Fade

Darker Fade
  • Members
  • 402 posts
1 more day

more entries anyone?

skam98

skam98
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Last one I guess...

Darker Fade

Darker Fade
  • Members
  • 402 posts
Alright Rod, can you start posting images with a poll please? We'll probably need a link too wink.gif

Thanks in advance Rod.

May the best Photoshop win, and best of luck to all.

Blaquerose

Blaquerose

MotM Dec 2006

• GA Private
  • 415 posts
  • xfire:sweetblaquerose
  • Interests:Games, drawing, animals, cars, martial arts, circus arts, parkour, staying in and going out!
  • PSN:+52"HDTV=WIN
  • Wii:8869238744800800
  • Gamer Army ID:480
Heres my photoshop attempt at the image, its quite simple...
i added a nice little glock to it and put myself in the background lol.

-<3<3<3 ------- Carpe Noctem - Pax Vobiscum - Esse Quam Videri ------- <3<3<3
--
<3------------ xfire=sweetblaquerose - facebook - myspace - last.fm ------------<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users