Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

Run Time Error

Run Time Error
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Programing, Gaming, Juggling, and Cooking
Considering they couldn't prevent their own demise, I doubt they could predict the future. I know it is a simple conclusion to draw from what could be a very complicated stack of evidence for the prophecy, but it just makes sense that a culture that can determine when the end of the world is, should be able to survive until then.

Furae

Furae
  • Members
  • 49 posts
Here's one, you know how all the bees are dying off due to colony collapse disorder?

Well Einstein said once all the bees are gone we'll die in four years. Well if all the bees die by December 2008 we'll be dead by the projected time of 2012. Even Einstein predicted our end.

Wolf the Widowmaker

Wolf the Widowmaker
  • Members
  • 783 posts
  • xfire:wolfthewidowmaker
  • Interests:FPS, RPG, retro games
QUOTE (Run Time Error @ Jun 7 2007, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Considering they couldn't prevent their own demise, I doubt they could predict the future. I know it is a simple conclusion to draw from what could be a very complicated stack of evidence for the prophecy, but it just makes sense that a culture that can determine when the end of the world is, should be able to survive until then.

Better hope St1d doesn't see that post.
I'll just reply to it, using kinder words.

The Mayans were highly advanced in Astronomy, Architecture and Mathemathics. Unfortunately, there were no horses in the Mayan Empire, and they hadn't discovered gunpowder yet. So, when the Spaniards and Portuguese conquistadors came with gunpowder and horses, they didn't stand a chance.
Think of it this way: Your civilization knows much about this galaxy without using advanced technology and you are able to create greater buildings than anyone else at that time. Then some asshole nukes you.

-Half-Life. Because zombies are better off dead.
-WTF has Half-Life got to do with Physics???
-You cannot kill the Free Man. (Well, you COULD kill him, but at least you couldn't zombify him. I hope.)

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Stuff that goes boom
  • Gamer Army ID:220
QUOTE (Furae @ Jun 7 2007, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's one, you know how all the bees are dying off due to colony collapse disorder?

Well Einstein said once all the bees are gone we'll die in four years. Well if all the bees die by December 2008 we'll be dead by the projected time of 2012. Even Einstein predicted our end.

Einstein may have been a briliant physicist.....but honestly he didn't know jack shit about bees. Much less could the Mayans possibly ever the extinction of bees....

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,944 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
Meh, tbh i don't think anything is going to happen, and if it does i think it'll happen only to south america, considering the Mayans didn't know the earth was as big as it is (to my understanding).

Dohregard
Crap IT Manager
Flickr
cdyw1.gif

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,944 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (hackerwacker @ Jun 8 2007, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Einstein may have been a briliant physicist.....but honestly he didn't know jack shit about bees. Much less could the Mayans possibly ever the extinction of bees....

that comment isn't false. Bee's are a very important part of the ecological system all over the world. if all the Bee's died, i dont know about 4 years, but we would probably be hurting for food.

Dohregard
Crap IT Manager
Flickr
cdyw1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users